Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,839 members, 7,820,924 topics. Date: Wednesday, 08 May 2024 at 03:23 AM

Sickness Is Not An Act Of God - Religion (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / Sickness Is Not An Act Of God (7786 Views)

Will This My Act Of Good Lead Me To Hell? / The Act Of 'giving To God' As Explained By Pastor E. A. Adeboye / Sickness: Not An Act Of God! · Pastor Chris (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Sickness Is Not An Act Of God by blunderass01: 2:22pm On Jan 06, 2013
Personal opinion of @op. Most of deaths is as a result of sickness. May be, @op is not even a christian.
Re: Sickness Is Not An Act Of God by Mrthunzzz09(m): 2:40pm On Jan 06, 2013
HIV1: I still can not comprehend what you are saying. You have quoted many authors, Mathew Mark Luke John. Little did you realise they were human beings like you grin. If Jesus can save why did'nt he save himself. The shortest verse in the bible is: Jesus wept! cool
i pity u n those u wil mislead n have misled. Bliv d poster or remain in ur darknex,after all, the bible, which u dn't bliv, says dat people like u perish bcuz of lack of knledge.
Re: Sickness Is Not An Act Of God by thirty(m): 3:28pm On Jan 06, 2013
Atheist:-D:

He wept because he knew there was no God or heaven. tongue
Nice quote, pastors deceiving people (PDP). You have started again with your sunday sunday dude story .
Re: Sickness Is Not An Act Of God by bokohalal(m): 3:33pm On Jan 06, 2013
True. There is no God so he cannot bring sickness.
Re: Sickness Is Not An Act Of God by thirty(m): 3:40pm On Jan 06, 2013
J12: Sickness is an act of nature, God made nature. Therefore, sickness is an act of God.
Sickness is natural.
Re: Sickness Is Not An Act Of God by thirty(m): 3:42pm On Jan 06, 2013
fellis:
But didn't God create the devil?
ask the op again.
Re: Sickness Is Not An Act Of God by vanstanzy(m): 4:23pm On Jan 06, 2013
I strongly believe that sickness is only encountered when God leaves u at the mercy of the devil eg. Jobs' predicament and since the devil is of murder, robbery and destruction, it all fits the bill.
Re: Sickness Is Not An Act Of God by vanstanzy(m): 4:28pm On Jan 06, 2013
fellis:
But didn't God create the devil?

Correction; God created Angel Lucifer. Angel Lucifer got corrupted and became, by his own free-will, the devil. God only gave him, the devil a home away from Heaven... HELL.
Re: Sickness Is Not An Act Of God by vanstanzy(m): 4:40pm On Jan 06, 2013
HIV1: I still can not comprehend what you are saying. You have quoted many authors, Mathew Mark Luke John. Little did you realise they were human beings like you grin. If Jesus can save why did'nt he save himself. The shortest verse in the bible is: Jesus wept! cool

The authors that were quoted were human beings, yes. But they were all inspired by the Holy Spirit to write the Holy Bible.
Christ did not save Himself, cos His sacrifice on the cross was the planned salvation that God promised His people. Christ had to go the way of the cross for our salvation to be complete.

1 Like

Re: Sickness Is Not An Act Of God by Nobody: 4:42pm On Jan 06, 2013
You guys say whatever you like! But one thing for sure even though we all agree there might be 1 or 2 or more mishap in the translation of the BIBLE, only a fool will say there's no God.. As for me and my family; we shall worship the LORD.
Re: Sickness Is Not An Act Of God by iammodel(m): 4:54pm On Jan 06, 2013
[quote author=lat4real]If it's not his Act as you said, i wonder why he will allow it to happen in the first place.[/quote

1. Disobedience (sin)
2. To test one's loyalty like d case of Job
3. To prove Himself to those who rabel/ hardened their heart against God Almighty e.g Egyptians and just as He's going to do to some on NL just to prove Himself.
Re: Sickness Is Not An Act Of God by iammodel(m): 5:11pm On Jan 06, 2013

His aim was to come and die to redeem/save the lost souls. By reason of that, "as many that believed, to them He gave power to become the sons of God".

He could have saved Himself if that was the original plan(and thank God Christ did not change His mind when He got to earth, the likes of myself would have been lost with ur likes. THANK GOD FOR JESUS!)

Even when Peter attempted to fight and ended up cutting off of the soldiers' ear, Christ told Peter to put the ear back and said He would have asked His Father(God) to send Him angels for the fight.

If the world had known His aim of coming to the earth, they wouldn't have crucify Christ. His cruxifision is an everlasting victory, satan himself knows this and that is why he is deceiving as many to take with him to hell.

It will be too bad to realise the truth you all heard on earth at the other end. What regret it will be? Make una repent o!

1 Like

Re: Sickness Is Not An Act Of God by tunchi88(m): 5:52pm On Jan 06, 2013
jesus cme to s@vee the world,not himself..
Re: Sickness Is Not An Act Of God by adewaleh(m): 10:09pm On Jan 06, 2013
Trust in God... he gave us a will, for we know what is bad and decide to do bad, if you have a good heart you will fear the lord because it is said in Proverbs 1:7 The fear of the Lord is the beginning of knowledge, but fools despise Wisdom and instruction
Re: Sickness Is Not An Act Of God by gbrookes02: 3:06am On Jan 07, 2013
Exodus 4:10-11, "But Moses said to the Lord, “Oh, my Lord, I am not eloquent, either in the past or since you have spoken to your servant, but I am slow of speech and of tongue.” 11 Then the Lord said to him, “Who has made man's mouth? Who makes him mute, or deaf, or seeing, or blind? Is it not I, the Lord?". English Standard Version (ESV).

Sickness is from God.

Ephesians 1:11 "In him we have obtained an inheritance, having been predestined according to the purpose of him who works all things according to the counsel of his will," English Standard Version (ESV).
Re: Sickness Is Not An Act Of God by Activityj(m): 3:28am On Jan 07, 2013
do you have bible at home? If yes try&study it!
Re: Sickness Is Not An Act Of God by WebsiteDesigner: 7:32am On Jan 07, 2013
lat4real: If it's not his Act as you said, i wonder why he will allow it to happen in the first place.

because u and ur ancestors allowed sin to hapn in ur lives in d 1st place. (pls dnt tk dis personal. I'm only making a general statement.)
Re: Sickness Is Not An Act Of God by mecussey(m): 9:07am On Jan 07, 2013
Seun is either an Atheist or enjoy there opinon, or want to be further convinced, or like the argument of xtians and nonxtians or like the atheist intellects like me. Ask why, he likes putting any thread the atheist presence is felt on the front page.
Re: Sickness Is Not An Act Of God by btlasisi(m): 9:57am On Jan 07, 2013
@ OP,

kindly tell us who created sickness and satan?
Re: Sickness Is Not An Act Of God by haibe(m): 10:28am On Jan 07, 2013
J12: Sickness is an act of nature, God made nature. Therefore, sickness is an act of God.

Illogical logic
Re: Sickness Is Not An Act Of God by emmanjo: 12:03pm On Jan 07, 2013
We really need to understand the difference between when man was under the old covenant and the new covenant; before Jesus came and after he came. We need to really understand the Scriptures. We need not just look for a Scripture that points at sickness and diseases and then attribute it to God out of context. The authority we have now in Christ Jesus was not there then. The life we now have was not there then. You can even say God afflicted Egyptians with plagues and diseases. But what does the new covenant (after Jesus' ressurection teach)? Well whether u take it or not, evil is not from God and we are not supposed tonallow the devil.

It is whatever u allow on earth that is allowed in heaven and it is whatever u disallow on earth that is disallowed in heaven...so the Scriptures teach. So if u eant keep allowing the devil (even though God doesnt) want it so, and blaming it on God.
Every good and perffect gift is from the father...the father of light. James 1:17.

Hallelujah!
Re: Sickness Is Not An Act Of God by wordthots: 12:23pm On Jan 07, 2013
Nice post Bro Jo
Re: Sickness Is Not An Act Of God by Obinoscopy(m): 3:33pm On Jan 07, 2013

Nice logic but lets look at the bolded critcally. Do you think God really intended sickness to be an act of nature? Don't you think the actions of our forefathers at the Garden of Eden were responsible for sickness being an act of nature and not God? Food for thought
Re: Sickness Is Not An Act Of God by Nobody: 3:49pm On Jan 07, 2013
Obinoscopy:

Nice logic but lets look at the bolded critcally. Do you think God really intended sickness to be an act of nature? Don't you think the actions of our forefathers at the Garden of Eden were responsible for sickness being an act of nature and not God? Food for thought

How does an apple lead to leprosy, AIDs and Cancer?
Re: Sickness Is Not An Act Of God by Nobody: 3:50pm On Jan 07, 2013
Joagbaje should be in prison. His lies and distortion can lead to the death of many innocent christians.
Re: Sickness Is Not An Act Of God by Obinoscopy(m): 3:56pm On Jan 07, 2013
Logicboy03:

How does an apple lead to leprosy, AIDs and Cancer?

My dear you'll need spiritual wisdom from the Holy Spirit to decipher what is an apple in the context of the bible. Philosophy or logic won't suffice wink
Re: Sickness Is Not An Act Of God by Nobody: 4:02pm On Jan 07, 2013
Obinoscopy:

My dear you'll need spiritual wisdom from the Holy Spirit to decipher what is an apple in the context of the bible. Philosophy or logic won't suffice wink

Wisdom of the holy spirit? lmao.

What you mean to say is that I should suspend my reasoning to accept the illogical things in the bible.

God created all living things and therefore, he created viruses and bacteria!

Sickness is of God.

Joagbaje, go to prison! angry
Re: Sickness Is Not An Act Of God by Obinoscopy(m): 4:09pm On Jan 07, 2013
^^^What if I told you that the apple used in the bible is actually a strand of DNA or air or a females's v@gina or a software or... You get my drift? You need to know what the author (God) meant when he used the word apple in the scriptures. Its only when you know what He meant then you can deduce if truely the asertion that 'apple' can cause AIDS or Cancer is true or not.

I'm also a philosopher thus I believe in logic. But the mistake we often make atimes is that we fail to apply the right logic in the right way.
Re: Sickness Is Not An Act Of God by Nobody: 4:51pm On Jan 07, 2013
Obinoscopy: ^^^What if I told you that the apple used in the bible is actually a strand of DNA or air or a females's v@gina or a software or... You get my drift? You need to know what the author (God) meant when he used the word apple in the scriptures. Its only when you know what He meant then you can deduce if truely the asertion that 'apple' can cause AIDS or Cancer is true or not.

I'm also a philosopher thus I believe in logic. But the mistake we often make atimes is that we fail to apply the right logic in the right way.

400 years ago, you wouldnt be making this argument for Genesis. DNA and germ theory are recent advances in science.

Keep remixing the bible.
Re: Sickness Is Not An Act Of God by Obinoscopy(m): 5:59pm On Jan 07, 2013
Logicboy03:

400 years ago, you wouldnt be making this argument for Genesis. DNA and germ theory are recent advances in science.

Keep remixing the bible.

400 years ago, DNA and germ theory existed. Whether I'll be making the arguement for genesis or not is inconsequential. The fact remains that all creatures of God in the book of Genesis all had DNA in their nucleus and all obey the germ theory. Its unfortunate that man had to wait till now to discover them.

Lol @ bible remixing grin
Re: Sickness Is Not An Act Of God by Nobody: 6:49pm On Jan 07, 2013
Obinoscopy:

400 years ago, DNA and germ theory existed. Whether I'll be making the arguement for genesis or not is inconsequential. The fact remains that all creatures of God in the book of Genesis all had DNA in their nucleus and all obey the germ theory. Its unfortunate that man had to wait till now to discover them.

Lol @ bible remixing grin

Germ theory = 19th century

DNA = 19th century.
Re: Sickness Is Not An Act Of God by Nobody: 7:02pm On Jan 07, 2013
@joagbaje
if it is not an act of God then it is an act of man unless you show me proof of devil in flesh and blood

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply)

Prophet Alfa Babatunde Finally Confessed / 6000 Romans Bow Before A Piece Of Decayed Meat. / Atheists Need To Know How To Use Religion

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 41
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.