Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,764 members, 7,809,941 topics. Date: Friday, 26 April 2024 at 05:34 PM

Sickness Is Not An Act Of God - Religion - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / Sickness Is Not An Act Of God (7773 Views)

Will This My Act Of Good Lead Me To Hell? / The Act Of 'giving To God' As Explained By Pastor E. A. Adeboye / Sickness: Not An Act Of God! · Pastor Chris (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply) (Go Down)

Sickness Is Not An Act Of God by Joagbaje(m): 7:13am On Jan 06, 2013
How God anointed Jesus of Nazareth with the Holy Ghost and with power: who went about doing good, and healing all that were oppressed of the devil; for God was with him (Acts 10:38).

A lady gave birth to a child that was blind and started crying, "Oh God, what has this innocent child done to be born blind? Oh God, why did you do this?" She held God responsible for such a misfortune out of her ignorance. Many people ignorantly attribute every mishap to an act of God; this is wrong! God is not the author of the pain, sickness and misery in the lives of many. Rather, He’s the healer, restorer, and mender of broken hearts, broken lives, and broken relationships.

Our opening scripture reveals God’s character and nature of love, kindness, and compassion, while revealing Satan as the one who oppresses people with sickness, hardship, pain and misery. It tells us that God anointed Jesus of Nazareth with the Holy Spirit and with power, who went about doing good and healing all that were oppressed of the devil, for God was with Him. Notice, it wasn’t God who made the people sick; but it was God who sent Jesus to heal them.

The case of blind Bartimaeus readily buttresses this. The Bible says he was born blind; not satisfied with his condition, he cried out to Jesus for help, and the Lord restored his sight (Mark 10:51-52). In this case, the man was born blind, and then Jesus healed him, proof-positive it wasn’t God who made him blind. A similar case was when Jesus and His disciples met another man who was born blind. His disciples asked Him, "Master, who did sin, this man, or his parents, that he was born blind?" (John 9:2).

The Lord responded, "...Neither hath this man sinned, nor his parents: but that the works of God should be made manifest in him, I must work the works of him that sent me, while it is day: the night cometh, when no man can work." The devil’s work was manifested in the man’s life, which was the blindness, but the Lord Jesus went on to say, "…but that the works of God should be made manifest in him, I must work the works of Him that sent me," (John 9:3-4) and healed the man.

Evidently, God is the healer while the devil is the oppressor responsible for all the sickness, disease and misery that people suffer from! Nevertheless, thanks be unto God; He’s given us power to heal the sick, cleanse the lepers, raise the dead and cast out devils (Matthew 10:. Like Jesus, you ought to go about doing good, healing those who are oppressed of the devil, for God is with you.

9 Likes

Re: Sickness Is Not An Act Of God by cockyjay: 8:10am On Jan 06, 2013
I'm sure our muslim brothers disagree with you lipsrsealed they believe it's an act of God. They'll say "Amuwa olorun ni".
Re: Sickness Is Not An Act Of God by HIV1: 9:36am On Jan 06, 2013
I still can not comprehend what you are saying. You have quoted many authors, Mathew Mark Luke John. Little did you realise they were human beings like you grin. If Jesus can save why did'nt he save himself. The shortest verse in the bible is: Jesus wept! cool

2 Likes

Re: Sickness Is Not An Act Of God by AtheistD(m): 9:39am On Jan 06, 2013
HIV1: I still can not comprehend what you are saying. You have quoted many authors, Mathew Mark Luke John. Little did you realise they were human beings like you grin. If Jesus can save why did'nt he save himself. The shortest verse in the bible is: Jesus wept! cool

He wept because he knew there was no God or heaven. tongue
Re: Sickness Is Not An Act Of God by Nobody: 9:54am On Jan 06, 2013
Good morning Mr. Agbaje,

Nice piece but...
Re: Sickness Is Not An Act Of God by Iaz93: 10:22am On Jan 06, 2013
Hmmm... My people perish for lack of knowledge . . . SMH

1 Like

Re: Sickness Is Not An Act Of God by Decapo: 10:24am On Jan 06, 2013
K
Re: Sickness Is Not An Act Of God by Johnson6: 10:38am On Jan 06, 2013
HIV1: I still can not comprehend what you are saying. You have quoted many authors, Mathew Mark Luke John. Little did you realise they were human beings like you grin. If Jesus can save why did'nt he save himself. The shortest verse in the bible is: Jesus wept! cool
i'm d type dt don't blv rubbish tin nigeria xtian practice but u must b insane 2 make dis statement

4 Likes

Re: Sickness Is Not An Act Of God by Davijunson: 10:43am On Jan 06, 2013
Guy, are u sure u are alright? Cos it doesnt seem so to me.

2 Likes

Re: Sickness Is Not An Act Of God by Joagbaje(m): 10:45am On Jan 06, 2013
striktlymi: Good morning Mr. Agbaje,

Nice piece but...

But kinii..? grin
Re: Sickness Is Not An Act Of God by lat4real: 10:48am On Jan 06, 2013
If it's not his Act as you said, i wonder why he will allow it to happen in the first place.

1 Like

Re: Sickness Is Not An Act Of God by daryoor(m): 10:51am On Jan 06, 2013
god= good guy?
devil= bad guy?

Who said that if u don belive u will spend eternity i hell==god

theres no evil any man can do that will surpass that.

1 Like

Re: Sickness Is Not An Act Of God by Nobody: 10:55am On Jan 06, 2013
Joagbaje:

But kinii..? grin

Good morning Mr Agbaje,

I trust your church service was great!

My opinion on the matter would be too much for the 'simple' Christian. Let's just leave it at the explanation you gave.

Great piece though!

Thank you!
Re: Sickness Is Not An Act Of God by 5much(m): 11:06am On Jan 06, 2013
Kip d comments coming.
Re: Sickness Is Not An Act Of God by Nobody: 11:15am On Jan 06, 2013
Sickness is an act of nature, God made nature. Therefore, sickness is an act of God.
Re: Sickness Is Not An Act Of God by Jobabori(m): 11:23am On Jan 06, 2013
You need to ask for forgiveness. Jesus will surely forgive you as he forgave those who nailed him to the cross by asking Father to forgive them since they did not know what they were doing. You fall to the category of those who nailed him to the cross. My Lord and saviour will forgive you.

1 Like

Re: Sickness Is Not An Act Of God by Nobody: 11:28am On Jan 06, 2013
Joagbaje:
Evidently, God is the healer while the devil is the oppressor responsible for all the sickness, disease and misery that people suffer from!
But didn't God create the devil?

1 Like

Re: Sickness Is Not An Act Of God by HIV1: 11:31am On Jan 06, 2013
The bible say you shall know the the truth and the the truth shall set you free. But truth is bitter and average christian always run away from the truth. As for those who say I am mad , they have problems that are complex....
Re: Sickness Is Not An Act Of God by Techwriter: 11:33am On Jan 06, 2013
It is the devil that came to steal kill and destroy but Jesus came to give life

Now Somebody asks, "why did God allow it?" Anyway God did not allow it man allowed it. God has willed the earth to man(Psalms 115:16) and does not interfer except he is invited(through prayer); He has also given us authority over sicknesses and diseases to bind all their activities. The truth is that the Bible says that God has given unto us everything that pertains to life and godliness( 2 Peter 1: 3) so He has given us all the tool we need to live a healthy life.

Most sicknesses are spiritually induced, so wielding the Word of God in the Bible will be a great shield against it

4 Likes

Re: Sickness Is Not An Act Of God by Nobody: 11:36am On Jan 06, 2013
There is no one holy like the LORD, indeed, there is no one besides Thee, Nor is there any rock like our God.

Boast no more very proudly, do not let arrogance come out of your mouth; for the LORD is a God of knowledge, and with Him actions are weighed.

The bows of the mighty are shattered, but the feeble gird on strength.

Those who were full hire themselves out for bread, but those who were hungry cease to hunger. Even the barren gives birth to seven, but she who has many children languishes.

The LORD kills and makes alive; He brings down to Sheol and raises up.

The LORD makes poor and rich; He brings low, He also exalts.

He raises the poor from the dust, He lifts the needy from the ash heap to make them sit with nobles, and inherit a seat of honor; for the pillars of the earth are the Lord's, and He sets the world on them.

He keeps the feet of His godly ones, but the wicked ones are silenced in darkness; for not by might shall man prevail.

Those
who contend with the LORD will be shattered; against them He will thunder in the heavens, The LORD will judge the ends of the earth; and He will give strength to His king, and will exalt the horn of His anointed." (I Samuel 2:1-10).

3 Likes

Re: Sickness Is Not An Act Of God by Xunxhine(m): 12:26pm On Jan 06, 2013
If u say sickness is an act of God answer dis question. Did God create darkness?
Re: Sickness Is Not An Act Of God by olsmade(m): 12:37pm On Jan 06, 2013
You say sickness is not an act of God but the devil - does it then mean that when good people fall sick, the devil temporarily has the upper hand over God till that person is healed?
So when old people fall sick and die, the devil threw the final punch? The KO punch?
Are you saying, like what happens in Nollywood, that God is in a constant battle for 'supremacy' with the devil?
Re: Sickness Is Not An Act Of God by alameenLM(m): 12:43pm On Jan 06, 2013
Totally wrong.maybe its the christian God that brings only good.wasn't he the one who created the devil.if yes,why can't he still have control ove him & prevent him from doing bad.If no,then he is not the only uncreated creator hence,he isn't worthy of worship...when mothers feel pain @ child birth is that from devil.if God wants only Good 4 u & he is capable of doing all things,then he should be able to prevent devils evil....The Qur'an says Good & evil is from God.life & death is also from him to test those who are worthy of 'inheriting' heaven where Adam & Eve were before disobeying Allaah...

1 Like

Re: Sickness Is Not An Act Of God by alameenLM(m): 12:44pm On Jan 06, 2013
Joagbaje:

But kinii..? grin
Totally wrong.maybe its the christian God that brings only good.wasn't he the one who created the devil.if yes,why can't he still have control ove him & prevent him from doing bad.If no,then he is not the only uncreated creator hence,he isn't worthy of worship...when mothers feel pain @ child birth is that from devil.if God wants only Good 4 u & he is capable of doing all things,then he should be able to prevent devils evil....The Qur'an says Good & evil is from God.life & death is also from him to test those who are worthy of 'inheriting' heaven where Adam & Eve were before disobeying Allaah...
Re: Sickness Is Not An Act Of God by dumodust(m): 12:50pm On Jan 06, 2013
deducing from the post, bacteria, viruses, fungi, etc are all agents of the devil and antibiotics are angels shebi. Niggas shit happens, learn to leave with it. God gives when He wants to, and he also taketh away, that is why He is Lord.He owes you no explanation, He's the creator and the earth is His FOOTSTOOL. Even hardcore christians were told in the bible to expect persecution and not a rosy worldly life. No one is born perfect and each is given a burden to carry by God to see how faithful we are and whether we'll curse him unlike the bible's greatest sufferer. That's why i get mad when people say it's not my portion. If not, whose portion is it?

1 Like

Re: Sickness Is Not An Act Of God by HIV1: 1:01pm On Jan 06, 2013
deducing from the post, bacteria, viruses, fungi, etc are all agents of the devil and antibiotics are angels shebi. Niggas poo happens, learn to leave with it. God gives when He wants to, and he also taketh away, that is why He is Lord.He owes you no explanation, He's the creator and the earth is His FOOTSTOOL. Even hardcore christians were told in the bible to expect persecution and not a rosy worldly life. No one is born perfect and each is given a burden to carry by God to see how faithful we are and whether we'll curse him unlike the bible's greatest sufferer. That's why i get mad when people say it's not my portion. If not, whose portion is it?

Dont mind them na my portion grin . An evil and adulterous generation seeketh after miracle. shocked
Re: Sickness Is Not An Act Of God by Ramtzy: 1:19pm On Jan 06, 2013
cockyjay: I'm sure our muslim brothers disagree with you lipsrsealed they believe it's an act of God. They'll say "Amuwa olorun ni".
Not only the Muslim... Yoruba culture disagree with him also.."Ayanma latorun wa"
Re: Sickness Is Not An Act Of God by Oahray: 1:32pm On Jan 06, 2013
Ramtzy:
Not only the Muslim... Yoruba culture disagree with him also.."Ayanma latorun wa"
Even professed christians. Have you have not heard pastors and other 'christian' church leaders tell bereaved people that "God gives and God takes", or that "it is the will of God"?
Re: Sickness Is Not An Act Of God by indoorlove(m): 2:04pm On Jan 06, 2013
Jobabori: You need to ask for forgiveness. Jesus will surely forgive you as he forgave those who nailed him to the cross by asking Father to forgive them since they did not know what they were doing. You fall to the category of those who nailed him to the cross. My Lord and saviour will forgive you.
why did he ( JESUS) have to call on God to forgive those who nailed him? Why can't he just forgive them himself?
Re: Sickness Is Not An Act Of God by go4value(m): 2:11pm On Jan 06, 2013
1.sickness is a spirit Lk 13:10-11 2.No sickness is to be treated as ordinary.3.christ has redeemed me from d curse of law,any sickness in my body is a curse from d enemy Deut 28:15,21,22.4.Until i curse that sickness and d spirit behind it by myself,God is not going to curse it for me.Gen 12:3,Mk 11:12-14,20.2Kings2:23-24.
Re: Sickness Is Not An Act Of God by cold(m): 2:14pm On Jan 06, 2013
But erm..Sir Agbaje,you left out these verses;

Isaiah 45:7 I form the light, and create darkness: I make peace, and create evil: I the Lord do all these things.

Exodus 4:11 And the LORD said unto him, Who has made man's mouth? or who makes the dumb, or deaf, or the seeing, or the blind? have not I the LORD?

Exodus 15:26 And said, If thou wilt diligently hearken to the voice of the Lord thy God, and wilt do that which is right in his sight, and wilt give ear to his commandments, and keep all his statutes, I will put none of these diseases upon thee....
Numbers 11:33 And while the meat was yet between their teeth,ere it was chewed,the wrath of the Lord was kindled against the people,and the Lord smote the people with a very great plague
Exodus 20:5 Thou shalt not bow down thyself to them, nor serve them: for I the LORD thy God am a jealous God, visiting the iniquity of the fathers upon the children unto the third and fourth generation....

Deutronomy 28:22 The LORD shall smite thee with a consumption, and with a fever, and with an inflammation, and with an extreme burning, and with the sword, and with blasting, and with mildew; and they shall pursue thee until thou perish

2 Likes

Re: Sickness Is Not An Act Of God by ogochukwunasa1: 2:21pm On Jan 06, 2013
adam and eve were created perfect human being'' no sickness whatsoeva.
After they sin'' they automatically became imperfect and death becomes an eventuality for them''' pls remember death can come in any form' sickness o' accident o' suicide o and everytin is becos of imperfection'''' we are so unfortunate because we av inherited d imperfection frm adam n eve'' God is love'' he sees our pain and he has promised to bring us to perfection' he sent jesus a perfect being just to show us he is capable of makin us perfect'' thru jesus we can become perfect WHEN GOD IS READY' and if and only if we believe in jesus teachings and his way of life'' pls n pls note dat imperfection is equivalent to sickness and any other evil u may think of and d originator is d devil''' God has made promises' many av been fulfilled' some are yet to be fulfilled'and wil be fulfilled in due time'' crushing of d devil and sickenesses' death etc will be fulfiled in due time''' wen devil is no more' imperfection is gone' then we become perfect and free from any form of sickness''
digression'''''''
dont fornicate' u go ahead carry asewo' u contacted AIDS' u are nw blamin God for ur sickness'''SMH for u

1 Like

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply)

Some Ways Christianity Inoculates Itself Against Reason And Logic / The Consequences Of Polygamy / 6000 Romans Bow Before A Piece Of Decayed Meat.

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 56
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.