Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,775 members, 7,817,177 topics. Date: Saturday, 04 May 2024 at 07:51 AM

Why Do Women Hate To Marry Traditional Men? - Family (5) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Family / Why Do Women Hate To Marry Traditional Men? (28771 Views)

The Unspoken Truth: Why Women Hate Each Other So Damn Much / Why Do Women Always Do This (Picture) / What Kind Of Woman Would You Love To Marry- Choose (picture) (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Why Do Women Hate To Marry Traditional Men? by queenkhalid: 9:36am On Jan 08, 2013
my hubby is a traditional "guy", a chief to b precise, nd he he is so luving, caring and very romantic. he helps a lot in house chores nd i sincerely dont regret choosing him as my hubby, even in my next life i will still marry him.
Re: Why Do Women Hate To Marry Traditional Men? by Okijajuju1(m): 9:41am On Jan 08, 2013
queenkhalid: my hubby is a traditional "guy", a chief to b precise, nd he he is so luving, caring and very romantic. he helps a lot in house chores nd i sincerely dont regret choosing him as my hubby, even in my next life i will still marry him.

I hereby give you the title of Nwayi kwesili Eze 1
Re: Why Do Women Hate To Marry Traditional Men? by Mavor: 9:45am On Jan 08, 2013
Okija_juju: [b]AFAM!! Tradition is dead....

Lets be honest men, the number of girls that still carry our core traditional values have diminished quite alot. This 'women ;iberation/empowerment' has made girls with traditional values an endangered specie. Sending our daughters abroad to school thereby exposing them to the western culture and way of life hasnt helped matters either. It has even eaten into the way marriages are contracted. Whats left is for girls to wear (western) wedding gowns for their traditional weddings.

All our ladies today want to do is simply go shopping, look fly, do their hair and nails, fly first class to fancy destinations and party. Simply put, they all want to be beyonce.. You can date a girl for 5 years and in those 5 years, she will barely talk about raising up kids and how she intends to raise them. Ask for what they call cooking today, my brother it is pitiful. Thats why Househelps and Nannys now have companies that they work for. I visited my friend who is a newly wed and they already had a live in househelp (Barely 4 months into the marriage). I broke up with many dames because I realized that beyond the fake hair, tight jeans and push-up bras, they had absolutely nothing else to offer. A girl sleeps and wakes up and the next thing she is sitting in the living room watching DSTV. By 7:30am, whilst I am busy prepping to go to work. Couldnt even make simple coffee for me or straighten the bed. I am very traditional. I want a woman that can cook, clean my house, handle certain small household business like restock the shelves, restock my toileteries, re-stock my fridge, iron clothes e.t.c. Even if I say okay babe, dont stress yourself about XYZ, its important to know that she can do them.. Most of our girls want to live the Kim Kardashian lifestyle.

Well, while I am lashing out at the women, I will also blame the guys.. Traditional girls still abound. They just dont always come in the most fanciest of wrappings. being a slut sells better and faster than being a lady. So most girls have also stopped looking for traditional men and now want the magazine cover guys. 21st century compliant guys.

Meanwhile.. I learnt of a Lady who started dating this guy. That as soon as she came into his life, she started acting like a wife. She would pick out his clothes, buy and replace his socks (if they are torn), replace his underwears and boxers (Stuff that most guys tend to always forget to do), cook meals for him to come back from work to, bring him surprise (home cooked) lunch at work, buy and replace things like toilet rolls, bathing sponge and soap, deodorant, perfumes, e.t.c whilst keeping his house clean. When the guy gave her a key to his flat, he didnt know.. They were married after barely a year of courting. The guy became so dependent of her it was almost like she had used juju on him. MEANWHILE.. This babe schooled in Jand o!! MSc. holder.

I guess it is what it is.. I cannot date a girl with no traditional values for any reason other than sex.. Thank God I found one of the last few good girls in Nigeria for my wife... [/b]
Lucky dude. Finding a woman who is wife material is hard these days. Most want to be Lilith. Very few want to be Eve.
Re: Why Do Women Hate To Marry Traditional Men? by aduje(m): 9:49am On Jan 08, 2013
afam4eva: If there's one thing I've noticed in life, it is that people always embrace things that will benefit them. With the infiltration of western culture into Nigeria, our ladies have been mostly receptive to this culture. They embrace it and even carry it into their search for a spouse. I've heard ladies say things like "I can't marry a traditional man". Meaning that, they don't want a man who's a stickler for African tradition. I think this is just because these ladies know that African culture does not favour them so, they'll rather marry someone who has a western outlook on life.

They want a man who won't require them to cook as a typical African woman will readily do.

They want a man that will give them the kind of freedom that they desire to do whatever they want? Ask Tonto Dike.[i][/i]

They want a man that won't rule over them as the head of the family. Infact they want someone they won't submit to.

Isn't it ironic that the same ladies will want advice young people that they should respect their elders because it's part of African culture.

You can see that these ladies use and dump African culture when it suits them.

Your post is in order but why Tonto Dike again. I AM REALLY IN LOVE WITH HERoooooooooo lolzllolzz
Re: Why Do Women Hate To Marry Traditional Men? by Mavor: 9:52am On Jan 08, 2013
Okija_juju:

Your husband is not your mate...

Because say ehn dey follow you play no mean say una be mate.. Infact, open your bible with me to the book of I Corrinthian 11: 3 'Now I want you to realize that the head of every man is Christ, and the head of the woman is man, and the head of Christ is God. refer..

He may be your companion, but God has given you duties that you are OBLIGATED to perform towards your man.. Now the decision for you not to do these duties rest solely with your husbands and not with you women. I see so many single girls talking shiit about not being slaves to any man. FRIST MISTAKE is that they already consider these tasks a slave labor, which is what we men have a problem with. You women want a man that will provide everything for you (as the bread winner), yet you dont want to perform your own duties.. This has nothing to do with being an Mgbeke.

We men have really suffered..

It's an instinctive woman trait. On the average, they like to eat their cake and have it at the same time.
Re: Why Do Women Hate To Marry Traditional Men? by Mavor: 9:52am On Jan 08, 2013
slimyem: Why quote the bible?
Did i tell you i am a christian living or bound by those ordinances?
Are slaves not excessively dependent upon and/or controlled by their masters?
Isn't that the same principles traditionalism is governed by in respect to male and female relationships?
So sir,classifying all the expectations from a traditional wife as slave labour is no mistake at all IMO.
...and you say you men have suffered? How in this case?
The truth can be a bit<h I know.
Re: Why Do Women Hate To Marry Traditional Men? by Nobody: 9:53am On Jan 08, 2013
Obviously women of thisdays are getting it all wrong.
Some thinks virtuousness means a dummy. They failed to undstand proverbs 31. For this reason they are always eager to talk and prove a point. God was not stupid when he made a point. Pardon me to say that God himself is not 100% bt he keeps lookn out to make it better. If God was 100%, he would have created Adam and Eve at the same time. But at a point in time he found out that his task was incomplete then he created Eve. Later when Adam and Eve erred, he also found out that he did not put up a structure effectively which was why Adam and Eve fell. He found out that the woman is weak, can be easily swayed. So he commanded, wife be thou submissive to thy husband and reverence him in all you do(check ur bible) further he said, husband love your wife as urself and live with them in wisdom for they are the weaker cells(check ur holy book) since then God has vowed to be 100%.
To be continued...
Re: Why Do Women Hate To Marry Traditional Men? by Mavor: 9:56am On Jan 08, 2013
kulyie: men and women are equal in the sight of God,there's nothing like your man is your head,thats nonesense,we are complementary partners.its a matter of do me i do you,scratch my back,i scratch yours
Sorry, but that's not true. Equal as fellow human beings yes, but not equal in the responsibilities given by God. Stop twisting the Holy Word to suit yourself please.
Re: Why Do Women Hate To Marry Traditional Men? by Nobody: 9:59am On Jan 08, 2013
Who desires Outdated Love Life -- Those Men are Simply not Creative, Cant even Explain what a BJ is grin
Re: Why Do Women Hate To Marry Traditional Men? by agitator: 10:01am On Jan 08, 2013
kulyie: as much as i like living the good life,globe trotting,partying,going for red carpet events and looking good.i can boast of myself that i am a modern day nigerian lady in her mid twenties and i am not in anyway domestically lazy.cooking is a hobby for me,washing clothes and dishes is another thing i enjoy doing.no matter how piled up the clothes are,just give me an hour,a stool,buckets and water,it will be washed and spread in the wire.thanks to my mom she always made us do house chores till i fell in love with them,the problem is that when you are doing this consisty for a guy you are dating,they start taking you for granted,at the end of the day sef you might not get married.i remember when i was an undergraduate some years back i was in four hundred level then use to go to my boyfriends house many weekends.i will wash his dishes,cook and leave them in his freezer,clean his house if need be.i was so much in love with this guy and all.if he had money he sends,if not he doesnt and i accepted since i knew the kind of work he does and one fateful day he called me that he had found a better job,i was so happy for him,we went out to a fastfood restaurant to celebrate,infact my parents knew him and he comes to check on me and all.anyway some months later he called me over the phone that he's sorry he cant continue the relationship,i said did i upset you or something,he said no,he said look,all i want you to know is that i cant continue with the relationship,i'm getting married 2 months time.i didnt know when the phone slipped out of my hands.i was heart broken and after some time,i got over it and moved on.when i told my mom,she was like ehen you too dont cook and clean for him.if you go to his house and he says he is hungry,be looking at him or tell him to go to the eatery.if his house is

eyah sorry o, you have done all these for mere boyfriends and strongly against doing it for a husband in a committed relationship. What an irony?
Re: Why Do Women Hate To Marry Traditional Men? by Mavor: 10:02am On Jan 08, 2013
debrief08: So you want a lady who you haven't married to come and cook, wash, clean have s3x with you and iron your clothes?
Let me ask you all the ones who have done that for you how many of them have you married?
So after doing househelp for you, you look for someone else and dump her with the slightest excuse.

Women, let me advice you, if you are not a wife, don't go and be acting like one.
If he comes to your house feed him, if you go to his house and he decides to live like a pig clear a space and sit.
Value your self, a man who loves you will respect you

Those of them shouting our mothers and grandmothers, did your mothers tell you that they were cooking and cleaning for your fathers and grandfathers and sleeping with them before they paid their bride price?
Exactly!!! There is a huge difference between a woman and a wife. A lot of men deceive themselves getting involved with a woman thinking she is wife material and when she starts feeding them bull$hit, they act all surprised and $hit.
Re: Why Do Women Hate To Marry Traditional Men? by Mavor: 10:03am On Jan 08, 2013
Vikin:

Lol! Love is all we need. Your question na carryover be that.

We are the weaker vessel...we should be pampered. Gerrit! Not used as a tool for modern day slavery.
Pampered and cherished, yes I agree. But not to the point where she becomes an air-head and acts silly.
Re: Why Do Women Hate To Marry Traditional Men? by lagcity(m): 10:03am On Jan 08, 2013
you guyz give yourselves way too much heartache honestly. just go and marry a Filipina, simple! I no go allow some stvpid "westernized" woman to kill me for my mother. stubborn naija gals, why cant u be like michelle obama. smh. cry
Re: Why Do Women Hate To Marry Traditional Men? by thirty(m): 10:10am On Jan 08, 2013
What is the definition of traditional men? even within your comteporary, there are so many traditional ladies and guys it depend on your mindset. it is better to have patience with the shortcomings of the woman. Do not argue about every little thing she does. Overlook the faults that do not affect the
marriage.

Advice for the brothers: If you want a good wife marry someone who has been a good daughter. Advice for the sisters: If you want a good husband marry someone who has been a good son. How do you know? Look at how both treat their parents. Why? A good son often becomes a good husband and a good daughter often becomes a good wife. If they know how to respect their parents they will most likely treat you with respect.

Leave every action that will demand an apology from you.

The believing men and women are protecting friends of one another. They enjoin what is right and forbid what is wrong.” [Sûrah al-Tawbah: 71]

The Beloved Prophet (SAW) said: “The best amongst you are those who have the best manners and character.’ (Sahih Bukhari)

Narrated 'Abdullah bin 'Amr(RA): The Prophet (SAW) said, "A Muslim is the one who avoids harming Muslims with his tongue and hands. And a Muhajir (emigrant) is the one who gives up (abandons) all what Allah has forbidden." [Bukhari, Volume 1, Book 2, Number 9]

"Whoever wishes to be delivered from the Fire (of Hell) and enter the Garden (of Paradise) should treat people as he wishes to be treated by them." [Muslim]

Anyone who acts rightly, male or female, being a believer, We will give them a good life and We will recompense them according to the best of what they did. (Qur’an, 16:97)

"And among His signs is this, that He created for you mates from among yourselves, that you may dwell in peace and tranquility with them, and He has put love and mercy between your (hearts): Verily in that are signs for those who reflect" (Quran 30:21).

O mankind! We created you from a single (pair) of a male and a female, and made you into nations and tribes, that ye may know each other (not that ye may despise (each other). Verily the most honoured of you in the sight of Allah is (he who is) the most righteous of you. And Allah has full knowledge and is well acquainted (with all things). [49:13]

We are told that people stay in love because of chemistry, or because they remain intrigued with each other, because of many kindnesses, because of luck. But part of it has got to be forgiveness and gratefulness."

Prophet Muhammad (peace and blessings be upon him) said: `The most perfect believer in faith is the one whose character is finest and who is kindest to his wife.'

1 Like

Re: Why Do Women Hate To Marry Traditional Men? by thirty(m): 10:10am On Jan 08, 2013
What is the definition of traditional men? even within your comteporary, there are so many traditional ladies and guys it depend on your mindset. it is better to have patience with the shortcomings of the woman. Do not argue about every little thing she does. Overlook the faults that do not affect the
marriage.

Advice for the brothers: If you want a good wife marry someone who has been a good daughter. Advice for the sisters: If you want a good husband marry someone who has been a good son. How do you know? Look at how both treat their parents. Why? A good son often becomes a good husband and a good daughter often becomes a good wife. If they know how to respect their parents they will most likely treat you with respect.

Leave every action that will demand an apology from you.

The believing men and women are protecting friends of one another. They enjoin what is right and forbid what is wrong.” [Sûrah al-Tawbah: 71]

The Beloved Prophet (SAW) said: “The best amongst you are those who have the best manners and character.’ (Sahih Bukhari)

Narrated 'Abdullah bin 'Amr(RA): The Prophet (SAW) said, "A Muslim is the one who avoids harming Muslims with his tongue and hands. And a Muhajir (emigrant) is the one who gives up (abandons) all what Allah has forbidden." [Bukhari, Volume 1, Book 2, Number 9]

"Whoever wishes to be delivered from the Fire (of Hell) and enter the Garden (of Paradise) should treat people as he wishes to be treated by them." [Muslim]

Anyone who acts rightly, male or female, being a believer, We will give them a good life and We will recompense them according to the best of what they did. (Qur’an, 16:97)

"And among His signs is this, that He created for you mates from among yourselves, that you may dwell in peace and tranquility with them, and He has put love and mercy between your (hearts): Verily in that are signs for those who reflect" (Quran 30:21).

O mankind! We created you from a single (pair) of a male and a female, and made you into nations and tribes, that ye may know each other (not that ye may despise (each other). Verily the most honoured of you in the sight of Allah is (he who is) the most righteous of you. And Allah has full knowledge and is well acquainted (with all things). [49:13]

We are told that people stay in love because of chemistry, or because they remain intrigued with each other, because of many kindnesses, because of luck. But part of it has got to be forgiveness and gratefulness."

Prophet Muhammad (peace and blessings be upon him) said: `The most perfect believer in faith is the one whose character is finest and who is kindest to his wife.'

1 Like

Re: Why Do Women Hate To Marry Traditional Men? by Nobody: 10:12am On Jan 08, 2013
queenkhalid: my hubby is a traditional "guy", a chief to b precise, nd he he is so luving, caring and very romantic. he helps a lot in house chores nd i sincerely dont regret choosing him as my hubby, even in my next life i will still marry him.

He's romantic and helps with house chores and u still call him a "traditional" man? U must be a slowpoke! If that is how "traditional" men are, then who wants a "modern" man?

5 Likes

Re: Why Do Women Hate To Marry Traditional Men? by Freiburger(m): 10:14am On Jan 08, 2013
@ Topic, everyone want to put in place measures thet best suits him/her, or what he/she will be at ease with, and these so-called traditional men are also operating with the greedy rules prescribed by their forefathers in the name of tradition.
@ topic poster, How does a typical African cook?

1 Like

Re: Why Do Women Hate To Marry Traditional Men? by Dagods(m): 10:22am On Jan 08, 2013
Daughter of a bush meat Lol...EWU ZAMBIA..sorry 4 ur WIFEband.'ITIBOLIBO'
(I find them local and) utter (BUSH MEATS! kiss)
(ESPECIALLY CHIEFS!)

No traditional men for me o! My dad was one.. . but he is only my dad.
My 'WIFE'band WAS one.hahaha
Re: Why Do Women Hate To Marry Traditional Men? by Mavor: 10:22am On Jan 08, 2013
Too much social networking and reality TV are ruining the ladies of this generation. embarassed
Re: Why Do Women Hate To Marry Traditional Men? by Freiburger(m): 10:24am On Jan 08, 2013
Mavor: Too much social networking and reality TV are ruining the ladies of this generation. embarassed
In other words, women should have been caged in the Zoo abi? undecided
Some of you 've really got to start working on what you see women to be.
Re: Why Do Women Hate To Marry Traditional Men? by tunapawizzy: 10:24am On Jan 08, 2013
Vikin:

Open ya eyes, those things are necessary to learn but not always applicable. Know where you use ya skills. Na girls like you I dey chop their food when I visit some guys back in those days. When we chop finish, na she go come wash plate.

Just remain good but keep your head up so some Men don't take advantage of you!
Dear God forgive me for doing this a lot...using vegetable cooked by Deola to entertain Nike
Re: Why Do Women Hate To Marry Traditional Men? by Dagods(m): 10:31am On Jan 08, 2013
Tank u @okija-juju (I hereby give you the title Nwayi kwesili Eze,,,Gwurugwuru 1 of Nairaland.) u r my woman everyday,,,in ur nx life, ur hubby is going 2 beware of Dagodz..Lol.
Re: Why Do Women Hate To Marry Traditional Men? by Mavor: 10:32am On Jan 08, 2013
Freiburger:
In other words, women should have been caged in the Zoo abi? undecided
Some of you 've really got to start working on what you see women to be.
When did being productive with your life by less social networking and less time watching junk TV imply that you are caged? Seriously nairaland should be only for the educated folks.
Re: Why Do Women Hate To Marry Traditional Men? by Adaeze003(f): 10:32am On Jan 08, 2013
What's wrong if the man:
Cooks for his wife?
Cleans the house?
Takes care of his children?
Does the laundry?
Buys the groceries?
Lol! The simple answer is nothing! but I guess the guys will say stuff like 'its a woman's job' and start babbling about tradition.

In those days, all a woman wanted was to get married and have kids and once this happens she's fulfilled and complete. But now, things have changed as women now know what they can achieve. We now have dreams and goals apart from getting married. Even if a man can provide for his family ten times over, women no longer want to be house wives. It was ok for a woman to do all a man wanted because she didn't have much on her plate but to expect the same treatment from a woman that goes out to work every day is very unreasonable! What will you do? Just work? Who is the lazy person now??

And talking of tradition, is it our tradition that a man should have intercourse with his wife to be? Because all I hear these days is 'I must test drive b4 I pay' Or have guys also decided to shov the 'traditions' that do not favor them as well? Hypocrites!!

1 Like

Re: Why Do Women Hate To Marry Traditional Men? by Nobody: 10:43am On Jan 08, 2013
Adaeze003: What's wrong if the man:
Cooks for his wife?
Cleans the house?
Takes care of his children?
Does the laundry?
Buys the groceries?
Lol! The simple answer is nothing! but I guess the guys will say stuff like 'its a woman's job' and start babbling about tradition.

In those days, all a woman wanted was to get married and have kids and once this happens she's fulfilled and complete. But now, things have changed as women now know what they can achieve. We now have dreams and goals apart from getting married. Even if a man can provide for his family ten times over, women no longer want to be house wives. It was ok for a woman to do all a man wanted because she didn't have much on her plate but to expect the same treatment from a woman that goes out to work every day is very unreasonable! What will you do? Just work? Who is the lazy person now??

And talking of tradition, is it our tradition that a man should have intercourse with his wife to be? Because all I hear these days is 'I must test drive b4 I pay' Or have guys also decided to shov the 'traditions' that do not favor them as well? Hypocrites!!

First of all... U are a kid for talking about intercourse b4 marriage. That's why I said u women lack understanding.
If u are a christain dwell on this
“Role of the Wife in the Bible
"encourage the young women to love their
husbands, to love their children, to be
sensible, pure, workers at home, kind, being
subject to their own husbands, so that the
word of God will not be dishonored." Titus
2:4-5
"get married, bear children, keep house" 1
Timothy 5:14
"But women will be preserved through the
bearing of children if they continue in faith
and love and sanctity with self-restraint." 1
Timothy 2:15
Re: Why Do Women Hate To Marry Traditional Men? by Nobody: 10:57am On Jan 08, 2013
Mavor: When did being productive with your life by less social networking and less time watching junk TV imply that you are caged? Seriously nairaland should be only for the educated folks.
Funny enough education is not about bagging B.Sc, masters or P.hd. Its how u hve bn able to enlight amidst all u learnt and the spirit to keep improving attitudinally. Now this is education. If only they know.
Re: Why Do Women Hate To Marry Traditional Men? by Nobody: 10:58am On Jan 08, 2013
All these guys running around the thread like rabid dogs, quoting the bible when it suits them, thinking its every body that subscribe to the bible passages....

Just state ya opinion and leave. Real men knows what it is to take care of their wives. Your wives are supposed to be your Angels, mother of your unborn kids, not ya slave. How you treat and talk to your wife shows how your home will be built.

There are things that are less important than others...cooking its nothing, anyone can cook! Happiness is all that matters and a fulfilling life.

If am getting that in my matrimonial home, what else am I looking for?

This meal is for all the whiners! enjoy this delicious meal!

Am out!

Re: Why Do Women Hate To Marry Traditional Men? by Mavor: 11:02am On Jan 08, 2013
Witty07:
Funny enough education is not about bagging B.Sc, masters or P.hd. Its how u hve bn able to enlight amidst all u learnt and the spirit to keep improving attitudinally. Now this is education. If only they know.
True. But you are still yet to tell me how less social networking and less time watching junk TV for a woman imply that she is caged?
Re: Why Do Women Hate To Marry Traditional Men? by Nobody: 11:04am On Jan 08, 2013
bettymafy:

He's romantic and helps with house chores and u still call him a "traditional" man? U must be a slowpoke! If that is how "traditional" men are, then who wants a "modern" man?

I like you
Re: Why Do Women Hate To Marry Traditional Men? by Nobody: 11:05am On Jan 08, 2013
Vikin: All these guys running around the thread like rabid dogs, quoting the bible when it suits them, thinking its every body that subscribe to the bible passages....

Just state ya opinion and leave. Real men knows what it is to take care of their wives. Your wives are supposed to be your Angels, mother of your unborn kids, not ya slave. How you treat and talk to your wife shows how your home will be built.

There are things that are less important than others...cooking its nothing, anyone can cook! Happiness is all that matters and a fulfilling life.

If am getting that in my matrimonial home, what else am I looking for?

This meal is for all the whiners! enjoy this delicious meal!

Am out!

U lack understanding. Having examined u critically, it seems u do not understand these words in marriage
Slave
Happiness
Matrimonial
Re: Why Do Women Hate To Marry Traditional Men? by Okijajuju1(m): 11:06am On Jan 08, 2013
jennykadry:

I like you

how you no go like her?! angry

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) (Reply)

Lagos Court Grants Wives Equal Rights Over Husbands’ Properties / Mad Woman Gives Birth To Twins In Public In Delta State / BEATING YOUR KIDS; Discipline Or Abuse?

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 81
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.