Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,770 members, 7,817,127 topics. Date: Saturday, 04 May 2024 at 06:39 AM

Why Do Women Hate To Marry Traditional Men? - Family (8) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Family / Why Do Women Hate To Marry Traditional Men? (28770 Views)

The Unspoken Truth: Why Women Hate Each Other So Damn Much / Why Do Women Always Do This (Picture) / What Kind Of Woman Would You Love To Marry- Choose (picture) (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Why Do Women Hate To Marry Traditional Men? by coogar: 1:03pm On Jan 08, 2013
Okija_juju:
See yourself... Which kind night school you go..

50% of the house rent not 50% of her earnings.. I dont care if she does blood money, prostitutes herself or steals the extra.. Shey she wants me to share in her duties and we are equal.. 50% stake.. Then she should be ready for the responsibilities that comes with that kind of majority shares.

Some of you women think your lives are hard.. Come and see what men go through..

if you cannot take care of the mother of your kids then you shouldn't be married in the first place. men are supposed to take charge of the home, pay the bills and generally bring the bacon home. you are physically stronger than your wife, put those muscles of yours into good use before you become overweight with the ridiculous protruding belly nigerian men carry these days. since many nigerian men hardly go to the gym, taking part in the house chores is a good way of burning some fats accumulated via drinking gulder and isi ewu peppersoup.

Vikin:
What do you go through? Tell me!
As for the earnings, you won't have a problem if she earns 500k and you earn 50 k.

Anyway, I have a perfect babe for you! She dey my mother village..when u are ready let me know. Her name na nwanneka!
See pics attached for your perusal and approval smiley

this woman is perfect for okija....
she epitomises the classic traditional woman....you can imagine what her palms would feel like from her looking at her face. if this woman slaps a cow, the cow would faint.
Re: Why Do Women Hate To Marry Traditional Men? by pato405(m): 1:05pm On Jan 08, 2013
BABE!:

That one na culture abi courtesy?

You're thinking too much. That's most people's problem these days. You're carrying the world s problems on your head.

Why not just find your perfect wife and forget about the other girls, and if you can't, join the modern craze. I you can't beat them, join them.

Hey, whether courtesy or culture, it simply shows they have regard for others, particularly 'others' whom they feel deserve some respect. It shows good upbringing, which couldnt have been achieved without some cultural undertones.

You watch too many movies. that is your problem. wake up lest you come here whining and snivelling when you are 36 that no man is considering you for marriage. contrary to your thinking, 9ja men are not dumb. they can spot a lady who is well domesticated and differentiate her from some lazy dimwit hiding under the cover of 'modern lady' to evade responsibilities. It's a shame! I really don't know how we lost it ! one cannot blame mothers, they are trying to instil values but you ladies of today are just pig headed.

if this context of 'modern' women are what we have left, then I'm afraid this union called marriage isn't worth it. only a nitwit will delve into it.
Re: Why Do Women Hate To Marry Traditional Men? by Okijajuju1(m): 1:06pm On Jan 08, 2013
coogar:

Re: Why Do Women Hate To Marry Traditional Men? by Nobody: 1:06pm On Jan 08, 2013
slimyem: @Vikn..
^lmao..
Nwanneka is pwerrie..
Proper traditional woman!!
I'm sure she can cook Ofe-nsala properly and in Okija's style too!!grincheesy

Not only that, her bitter leaf soup na die! With lots of stock fish o!

Okija, let me know . You don't even need to buy Brazilian or Peruvian.... cheesy

Natural beauty. Na Only thread she need
Re: Why Do Women Hate To Marry Traditional Men? by Mavor: 1:07pm On Jan 08, 2013
coogar:

if you cannot take care of the mother of your kids then you shouldn't be married in the first place. men are supposed to take charge of the home, pay the bills and generally bring the bacon home. you are physically stronger than your wife, put those muscles of yours into good use before you become overweight with the ridiculous protruding belly nigerian men carry these days. since many nigerian men hardly go to the gym. taking part in the house chores is a good way of burning some fats accumulated via drinking gulder and isi ewu peppersoup
I will avoid a selfish woman in my life. Amen.
Re: Why Do Women Hate To Marry Traditional Men? by Okijajuju1(m): 1:07pm On Jan 08, 2013
slimyem: @Vikn..
^lmao..
Nwanneka is pwerrie..
Proper traditional woman!!
I'm sure she can cook Ofe-nsala properly and in Okija's style too!!grincheesy

I go slap u o!! grin
Re: Why Do Women Hate To Marry Traditional Men? by coogar: 1:08pm On Jan 08, 2013
Okija_juju:

1 Like

Re: Why Do Women Hate To Marry Traditional Men? by slimyem: 1:11pm On Jan 08, 2013
@Pato405,could you please describe what your traditional woman should look like and what you expect from her as a to-be wife and wife eventually?
I'm curious to know..grin
Re: Why Do Women Hate To Marry Traditional Men? by pato405(m): 1:11pm On Jan 08, 2013
slimyem: This is all jabber!
Mordern women are getting married everyday to equally mordern men.
Keep living in 1925!!tongue

YES! it is jabber!

and that is why their marriages are also JABBERS!

They soon head to the courts to annul it and denounce the luv they claim. Divorce rates are sky-rocketing.

some even re-marry as much as 3 tyms without it working. think mate! ask yourself what could be wrong - it's way beyond irreconcilable differences.
Re: Why Do Women Hate To Marry Traditional Men? by Okijajuju1(m): 1:12pm On Jan 08, 2013
[quote author=coogar]

if you cannot take care of the mother of your kids then you shouldn't be married in the first place. men are supposed to take charge of the home, pay the bills and generally bring the bacon home. you are physically stronger than your wife, put those muscles of yours into good use before you become overweight with the ridiculous protruding belly nigerian men carry these days. since many nigerian men hardly go to the gym. taking part in the house chores is a good way of burning some fats accumulated via drinking gulder and isi ewu peppersoup.

[quote]

If you cannot take care of the man and his home... The man who brings in the money, pays the bills, buys virtually everything in the house, then you are not fit to call yourself a woman/mother/wife..

Our mothers really slipped in their duties to most of the girls of today.

Like I said, if I take part in house chores, she must take part in bread winning.. Period.
Re: Why Do Women Hate To Marry Traditional Men? by Nobody: 1:12pm On Jan 08, 2013
First pic: Traditional woman for Okija and pato.....with their little baby smiley

Modern woman for coogar and mr F

Re: Why Do Women Hate To Marry Traditional Men? by coogar: 1:13pm On Jan 08, 2013
Mavor: I will avoid a selfish woman in my life. Amen.

selfish? what's the meaning of selfish?
taking part to clean the house you stay is too much to ask?
Re: Why Do Women Hate To Marry Traditional Men? by pato405(m): 1:13pm On Jan 08, 2013
slimyem: @Pato405,could you please describe what your traditional woman should look like and what you expect from her as a to-be wife and wife eventually?
I'm curious to know..grin

If the tenor of your argument here is anything to go by, I bet you don't strike me as one. grin
Re: Why Do Women Hate To Marry Traditional Men? by Freiburger(m): 1:15pm On Jan 08, 2013
pato405:

YES! it is jabber!

and that is why their marriages are also JABBERS!

They soon head to the courts to annul it and denounce the luv claim. Divorce rates are sky-rocketing.

some even re-marry as much as 3 tyms without it working. think mate! ask yourself what could be wrong - it's way beyond irreconcilable differences.
So you will prefere going back to the 1920s when Just to avoid your so-called JABBERS marriage.
Re: Why Do Women Hate To Marry Traditional Men? by pato405(m): 1:18pm On Jan 08, 2013
Freiburger:
So you will prefere going back to the 1920s when Just to avoid your so-called JABBERS marriage.

It's not a thing of age. values are ageless mate!
Re: Why Do Women Hate To Marry Traditional Men? by Okijajuju1(m): 1:18pm On Jan 08, 2013
coogar:

Re: Why Do Women Hate To Marry Traditional Men? by Freiburger(m): 1:20pm On Jan 08, 2013
pato405:

It's not a thing of age. values are ageless mate!
What values are you tallking about? greeedy values? when the women are forcefully pushed aside?

1 Like

Re: Why Do Women Hate To Marry Traditional Men? by Okijajuju1(m): 1:20pm On Jan 08, 2013
What this thread has succeeeded in doing is revealing why there are so many single over-aged women in Nigeria.. They want to be like Oyinbo women, but yet they want to marry Nigerian Men.. FA-FA-FA-FOWLLLLLLLLLLLLLL
Re: Why Do Women Hate To Marry Traditional Men? by slimyem: 1:21pm On Jan 08, 2013
Like I said, if I take part in house chores,
she must take part in bread winning..
Period.
I don't think i have a problem with this argument.
If she's a working wife/career woman,you cannot expect anything traditional from her!
While she's managing to cook your food after a long day's work, you should be changing the baby's diaper and rocking him to sleep too!cheesy
...and all will be well!!
Re: Why Do Women Hate To Marry Traditional Men? by pato405(m): 1:21pm On Jan 08, 2013
Okija_juju: What this thread has succeeeded in doing is revealing why there are so many single over-aged women in Nigeria.. They want to be like Oyinbo women, but yet they want to marry Nigerian Men.. FA-FA-FA-FOWLLLLLLLLLLLLLL

Them go old. Them never see anything yet.
Re: Why Do Women Hate To Marry Traditional Men? by coogar: 1:23pm On Jan 08, 2013
Okija_juju:

this is your punishment for calling me a witch.......

Re: Why Do Women Hate To Marry Traditional Men? by slimyem: 1:25pm On Jan 08, 2013
pato405:

If the tenor of your argument here is anything to go by, I bet you don't strike me as one. grin
It doesn't matter!
Let hear it and see what defines your "traditional woman" and how realistic finding her in 2013 is.smiley
Re: Why Do Women Hate To Marry Traditional Men? by pato405(m): 1:25pm On Jan 08, 2013
slimyem:
If she's a working wife/career woman,you cannot expect anything traditional from her!
While she's managing to cook your food after a long day's work, you should be changing the baby's diaper and rocking him to sleep too!cheesy

this sounds so nebulous.I want to believe that you didn't mean to type this. Perhaps you were just kidding. if you mean what you just typed, them I'm afraid to let you know that you've got a long way to go dear. So, because she works, no traditional duty should be performed by her? undecided
Re: Why Do Women Hate To Marry Traditional Men? by Okijajuju1(m): 1:27pm On Jan 08, 2013
slimyem:

WRONG!!!!

Re: Why Do Women Hate To Marry Traditional Men? by Okijajuju1(m): 1:28pm On Jan 08, 2013
coogar:

this is your punishment for calling me a witch.......

WHO YOU FLOG!!!?!

ME!!!!!!

A MAN!!!!!!

Re: Why Do Women Hate To Marry Traditional Men? by slimyem: 1:33pm On Jan 08, 2013
pato405:

this sounds so nebulous.I want to believe that you didn't mean to type this. Perhaps you were just kidding. if you mean what you just typed, them I'm afraid to let you know that you've got a long way to go dear. So, because she works, no traditional duty should be performed by her? undecided
Okay..
Maybe that was a bit over the top but your definitions of traditional still need to steer me here.I'm waiting for them.
...and No,i don't have a long way to go.i'm almost home!winksmiley
Re: Why Do Women Hate To Marry Traditional Men? by coogar: 1:33pm On Jan 08, 2013
Okija_juju:
WHO YOU FLOG!!!?!
ME!!!!!!
A MAN!!!!!!

look at your father christmas hat and wrapper....shaking my head!!

Re: Why Do Women Hate To Marry Traditional Men? by BABE3: 1:41pm On Jan 08, 2013
Okija_juju:
So she dosent make any reasonable money, yet cant take care of my house?!!
What is the difference between her and an Ashawo?!

Stop being irrational. If a woman is living alone, won't she do laundry? Won't she cook for herself? A married woman will do house chores so far she's not Kate Middleton. However, with the advancement of technology and time, things are made easier for the mums and wives. Washing machines. Dish washers. Robotic vacuum cleaners, baby sitters and so on.

Okija, you should understand that you're a man and your woman is a woman. You're not the same! Anatomy isn't the only difference either. You're paying her bride price (she's not paying yours) for a reason. You're the head of the family and the provider.

Your wife is getting the job done (even if it's with machines and aides) despite the fact that she's working 9-5! And guess what, she's still supposed to look good for you! Nice body, nice hair, nice skin just to make sure your dîck wakes up when you see her!

What's your point of existing as a man if all the you do at home is get fûckèd, watch soccer and still split the bills 50/ 50 with your woman (you earn more than her)?

I have nothing against 50/50, so far it's a reasonable deal! In some households, men don't even let their working wives pay nada. The woman's money is for her weaves, pedis and heels!
Re: Why Do Women Hate To Marry Traditional Men? by Okijajuju1(m): 1:47pm On Jan 08, 2013
coogar:

look at your father christmas hat and wrapper....shaking my head!!

Re: Why Do Women Hate To Marry Traditional Men? by pato405(m): 1:48pm On Jan 08, 2013
slimyem: Okay..
Maybe that was a bit over the top but your definitions of traditional still need to steer me here.I'm waiting for them.
...and No,i don't have a long way to go.i'm almost home!winksmiley

why ask questions when you already know the answers? didn't she live as a spinster? she ofcourse cooked and did her laundries! or does she expect mi to breastfeed the baby? the only diference here is that I personally wouldn't advocate a strenuous job for a lady, such as, bank jobs where she has to leave 4am and be back 11pm. A job that gets her back before 4-5pm would be okay, or better still, support your lady to have a business of her own. that will afford her some degree of flexibility and time for her home.
Re: Why Do Women Hate To Marry Traditional Men? by Kckelly: 1:59pm On Jan 08, 2013
What i believe these days is that our women has lost their sense of traditional values, graduate or non graduate does not call for a lady not knowing how to cook and do the simple house chores. I thinks it is a misplacement of priority and our women should wake up to the call of virteous woman.
Re: Why Do Women Hate To Marry Traditional Men? by Okijajuju1(m): 2:01pm On Jan 08, 2013
BABE!:

Stop being irrational. If a woman is living alone, won't she do laundry? Won't she cook for herself? A married woman will do house chores so far she's not Kate Middleton. However, with the advancement of technology and time, things are made easier for the mums and wives. Washing machines. Dish washers. Robotic vacuum cleaners, baby sitters and so on.

Okija, you should understand that you're a man and your woman is a woman. You're not the same! Anatomy isn't the only difference either. You're paying her bride price (she's not paying yours) for a reason. You're the head of the family and the provider.

Your wife is getting the job done (even if it's with machines and aides) despite the fact that she's working 9-5! And guess what, she's still supposed to look good for you! Nice body, nice hair, nice skin just to make sure your dîck wakes up when you see her!

What's your point of existing as a man if all the you do at home is get fûckèd, watch soccer and still split the bills 50/ 50 with your woman (you earn more than her)?

I have nothing against 50/50, so far it's a reasonable deal! In some households, men don't even let their working wives pay nada. The woman's money is for her weaves, pedis and heels!

[b]HABA NA!!!!?! That wasnt how this gist started.

Okay!! So I will use myself as an example.. I will be getting married next month. My wife is a career woman. Earns slightly less than I do (which is not important anyways).. She still cooks for me though we are not even married o!! She still knows to do the laundry. She still cleans the house up. Heck!! She spoils me silly.

Now!! I have a washing machine (which is common today in many Nigerian homes), deep freezers (where cooked food can be stored), a microwave oven, a generator, all except a dish washer (which I dont think washes a well as handwashed dishes..). Despite my fiancee working, she still knows to feed me when we get home. Now I pick her from work everyday and drop her off as welll (She has her car but its my choice). So on the way home, I can tell those days when shes very tired or has 'homework' and I either do the cooking (if there is no food in the fridge to microwave) or other take-out. Though she would normally come around and clean the house, I still go over to her place, pick her work clothes and send them to the cleaners and even do her under-garment laundry as well. These are no big deal. HOWEVER!! What you should understand is that even she knows that these chores are her responsibility and would never force me to do them. She knows that though she is a career woman, she is also my wife. I support her in every way I can because I can, not because it is my OBLIGATED RESPONSIBILITY. On sundays, I make her breakfast in bed.. Because she has to go to church, I dont, so while she is prepping, I go and make an elaborate breakfast and serve her. If I ask her to make it, she will, and without complaints. If I get a call that her car has a fault, I immediately give her mine and take hers to fix, because thats my responsibility to her. Its not a master slave relationship like many of you have tried to make it out to be, its knowing our individual scopes of work within the relationship and knowing that any help we get from each other is just HELP!! She isnt lazy!! She dosent hide under work to stop doing what she is supposed to do. There are days I personally take some of those chores off of her, because I can see that she needs rest. Thats why I have so much regard and respect for her.. When our kids come, I will be more than supportive of her.. However, the point her is that she knows her responsibilities to me and our unborn kids and is ready to live up to them..

Should a woman be incapacitated for any reason, wether health or otherwise, the husband will surely take over all her roles, but is she is healthy, then she must perform her functions.

YOU WOMEN NEED TO ADMIT YOUR RESPONSIBILITIES and then solicit our help. Not to come and tell me that 50/50 bullshit or that we are equal partners.. I paid for you, not the other way round. [/b]

3 Likes

(1) (2) (3) ... (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) (Reply)

Lagos Court Grants Wives Equal Rights Over Husbands’ Properties / Mad Woman Gives Birth To Twins In Public In Delta State / BEATING YOUR KIDS; Discipline Or Abuse?

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 95
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.