Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,747 members, 7,820,575 topics. Date: Tuesday, 07 May 2024 at 05:26 PM

Mother Rescues Daughter From 6ft Python After Waking To Find Snake Wrapped - Family - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Family / Mother Rescues Daughter From 6ft Python After Waking To Find Snake Wrapped (29847 Views)

How Can I Stop My 5 Years Old Daughter From Bed Weting. / Daughter From Hell,how Girl, 18, Stabbed Her Mother 79 Times And Cut Her Throat / Dog Rescues Abandoned Baby In Ghana- Awesome Story (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply) (Go Down)

Mother Rescues Daughter From 6ft Python After Waking To Find Snake Wrapped by thirdeye(m): 8:15pm On Jan 06, 2013
A young mother woke to the hissing of her pet cat – and to her horror found a 6ft python wrapped around her baby daughter.

‘I thought I was having a nightmare, but then realised this was no bad dream,’ said 22-year-old Tess Guthrie from the town of Lismore in northern New South Wales.

‘It was only because the cat was hissing that I woke up and saw the snake with its body wrapped around my daughter Zara’s arm.’

Mrs Guthrie threw herself at the snake, grabbing it by the head and tried to pry it off her two-year-old daughter, who had been sleeping beside her mother.

But the snake fought back and sank its fangs three times into Zara’s hand.

Still, courageous Mrs Guthrie managed to pry the snake from her daughter and call for help, bringing an ambulance and a snake catcher racing to her home.

While Zara was being treated at the hospital for the snake bites – which weren’t venomous – snake expert Tex Tillis hunted down the python at Mrs Guthrie’s home.

He found it sleeping between the bedside table and the wall and suspects it had been in the bedroom for several days.

Mr Tillis said the coastal python, or carpet snake, was not trying to hurt the child.

‘It was trying to have a group hug,’ he told Sydney’s Daily Telegraph. ‘Pythons, underneath their bottom jaw, they have a row of sensors which enable them to see the world in terms of infrared pictures.

‘So in the dark they’re going to see a baby as this warm spot.’

After her bites were treated with antiseptic at Lismore Base Hospital, Zara was allowed to return home with her mother.

Mrs Guthrie said she had noticed her cat behaving out of character in the days leading up to the python incident.

‘She’s a very resourceful lady,’ she said of the family cat. ‘She tried to grab the snake’s head, but got six inches down which left the head free to bite the baby.’

Mr Tillis said the python was between five and 10 years old – ‘by no means a big fellah. They grow much, much bigger,’ he said.

Mrs Guthrie insisted the snake should not be killed and at her request it was released into the wild about three miles from the house.

‘She’s courageous and gutsy – and also compassionate,’ Mr Tillis said in a reference to Mrs Guthrie.

http://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/article-2257981/Mother-rescues-baby-daughter-6ft-python-waking-snake-wrapped-infants-arm.html
Re: Mother Rescues Daughter From 6ft Python After Waking To Find Snake Wrapped by greatgod2012(f): 8:29pm On Jan 06, 2013
I've always said it and i will say it again............
Next to God's love is the mother's love.

33 Likes

Re: Mother Rescues Daughter From 6ft Python After Waking To Find Snake Wrapped by Tariqh: 9:14pm On Jan 06, 2013
Mothers love

1 Like

Re: Mother Rescues Daughter From 6ft Python After Waking To Find Snake Wrapped by Nobody: 1:15am On Jan 07, 2013
Motherz love indeed.. Tht snake lucky say no b naija im com

1 Like

Re: Mother Rescues Daughter From 6ft Python After Waking To Find Snake Wrapped by oluwabishop: 1:19am On Jan 07, 2013
hope dat snake has been converted to soup, or better still, roasted as som delicacy. group hug ko, baby hug ni grin

11 Likes

Re: Mother Rescues Daughter From 6ft Python After Waking To Find Snake Wrapped by Maximus17(m): 1:19am On Jan 07, 2013
can naija moms do this for their kids?

2 Likes

Re: Mother Rescues Daughter From 6ft Python After Waking To Find Snake Wrapped by tellwsdom: 1:20am On Jan 07, 2013
[size=8pt]
greatgod2012: I've always said it and i will say it again............
Next to God's love is the mother's love.

But not with the love of this present gurls, we have this 21century...You are not exceptional sad sad

2 Likes

Re: Mother Rescues Daughter From 6ft Python After Waking To Find Snake Wrapped by Emylexray(m): 1:25am On Jan 07, 2013
Only a mother's love is second to God's. All other sources of love expressions are questionable. How many boyfriends will do this for their girlfriend and vice versa?
If you have a mother, treat her like a queen, because when she's gone, no human will fill the void created by her death.

8 Likes

Re: Mother Rescues Daughter From 6ft Python After Waking To Find Snake Wrapped by Johnson6: 1:25am On Jan 07, 2013
what is wrong wt oyinbo sef.see meat wey dey let go.next time d snake go enter anoda house.i pray he swallow d papa of d house
Re: Mother Rescues Daughter From 6ft Python After Waking To Find Snake Wrapped by swit16(f): 1:27am On Jan 07, 2013
Mother's luv!!! so magical

1 Like

Re: Mother Rescues Daughter From 6ft Python After Waking To Find Snake Wrapped by Emylexray(m): 1:30am On Jan 07, 2013
Maximus17: can naija moms do this for their kids?
yes and yes! Maybe yours cannot, mine can. smiley
yes and yes! Maybe yours cannot, mine can.

14 Likes

Re: Mother Rescues Daughter From 6ft Python After Waking To Find Snake Wrapped by emmabest2000(m): 1:31am On Jan 07, 2013
the python was so friendly
only that the girls mother misunderstood it
Re: Mother Rescues Daughter From 6ft Python After Waking To Find Snake Wrapped by Emylexray(m): 1:34am On Jan 07, 2013
I learnt snakes like the comfort of babies, is it true?
Re: Mother Rescues Daughter From 6ft Python After Waking To Find Snake Wrapped by Redmosquito(m): 1:40am On Jan 07, 2013
Double post?
Re: Mother Rescues Daughter From 6ft Python After Waking To Find Snake Wrapped by Redmosquito(m): 1:40am On Jan 07, 2013
Group hug kwa? Oya in Jesus name! All my lonely enemies, begin to recieve group hugs from all types of snakes, vipers, cobras, mambas. Oya hug! Huuuuugggggg

26 Likes

Re: Mother Rescues Daughter From 6ft Python After Waking To Find Snake Wrapped by free2ryhme: 1:43am On Jan 07, 2013
I was told similar thing when I served in Gubio, Borno state.. That it is house snake .. I kill d nonsense and burn it.. The oyinbo try wey free the snake

3 Likes

Re: Mother Rescues Daughter From 6ft Python After Waking To Find Snake Wrapped by delors(m): 1:46am On Jan 07, 2013
Na wah o...which one be group hug again? Any snake around my vicinity must be killed...and subsequently handed to the Calabaris....That woman try sha...if na Naija mom, na faint she go faint on seeing the snake. She go talk say na her mother-in-law from village send the snake come...Kai! My people... grin

4 Likes

Re: Mother Rescues Daughter From 6ft Python After Waking To Find Snake Wrapped by Lakayana: 1:46am On Jan 07, 2013
why not even more.

2 Likes

Re: Mother Rescues Daughter From 6ft Python After Waking To Find Snake Wrapped by Lakayana: 1:49am On Jan 07, 2013
Emylexray: I learnt snakes like the comfort of babies, is it true?
would you allow them to comfort yours?

2 Likes

Re: Mother Rescues Daughter From 6ft Python After Waking To Find Snake Wrapped by Redmosquito(m): 1:49am On Jan 07, 2013
Why I go wan kee snake? No be me thief him land and kee all him pikin?
*forgive my lacklustre pidgin. I was raised in England. And the queen adopted me btw*
Ermmm.....There is a village in Oshogbo called England btw

2 Likes

Re: Mother Rescues Daughter From 6ft Python After Waking To Find Snake Wrapped by 4reigningqueen: 1:52am On Jan 07, 2013
Guess what, i just checked under my bed just to be sure i have no company. Or else, Na screaming and usain bolt mode i go enter straight.

Come to think of it, can we call 767 on top snake matter for here! Even if na armed robbers they operate na after one hour dem go show.God help Nigeria.

3 Likes

Re: Mother Rescues Daughter From 6ft Python After Waking To Find Snake Wrapped by SlyIg(f): 1:55am On Jan 07, 2013
If to say the woman na from Awka in Anambra,she no for fear cos na message the python wan come deliver. I hear say dem no d hurt sha.
All the same,it takes courage to touch that thing o...

2 Likes

Re: Mother Rescues Daughter From 6ft Python After Waking To Find Snake Wrapped by True2myself24(f): 1:57am On Jan 07, 2013
I smh at the snake expert's sympathy for the snake more than for the child. Abrofo hmmm

1 Like

Re: Mother Rescues Daughter From 6ft Python After Waking To Find Snake Wrapped by luluosas(m): 2:02am On Jan 07, 2013
Wow! Mother's love for her child.

1 Like

Re: Mother Rescues Daughter From 6ft Python After Waking To Find Snake Wrapped by sambos994(m): 2:03am On Jan 07, 2013
sweet mother

1 Like

Re: Mother Rescues Daughter From 6ft Python After Waking To Find Snake Wrapped by 2legit2qwt: 2:06am On Jan 07, 2013
Yes! Yes! Yes!!! Lack of money isn't lack of love, the Nigerian mother will do that and more.

The greatest love I've experienced other than the love of God is my mom's love and I'll love her till I stop breathing kiss

5 Likes

Re: Mother Rescues Daughter From 6ft Python After Waking To Find Snake Wrapped by Nobody: 2:08am On Jan 07, 2013
Waoh, the mum is awesome.

But my mum can do better than that woman.she wrestled me from the belly of an elephant once.

2 Likes

Re: Mother Rescues Daughter From 6ft Python After Waking To Find Snake Wrapped by 2legit2qwt: 2:11am On Jan 07, 2013
Yomieluv: Waoh, the mum is awesome.

But my mum can do better than that woman.she wrestled me from the belly of an elephant once.

Sorry o but na jungle you they live grin

4 Likes

Re: Mother Rescues Daughter From 6ft Python After Waking To Find Snake Wrapped by Emylexray(m): 2:19am On Jan 07, 2013
Lakayana: would you allow them to comfort yours?
typical Nigerian, answering question with question.
Re: Mother Rescues Daughter From 6ft Python After Waking To Find Snake Wrapped by Emylexray(m): 2:23am On Jan 07, 2013
Yomieluv: Waoh, the mum is awesome.

i like the way you lie

3 Likes

Re: Mother Rescues Daughter From 6ft Python After Waking To Find Snake Wrapped by seedord247(m): 2:35am On Jan 07, 2013

Steupid question of the week. sad

If you are a product of failed abortion doesnt mean everyone mothers is like yours. cool

As far as i know... Nigerians moms are the best in the world... smiley

5 Likes

Re: Mother Rescues Daughter From 6ft Python After Waking To Find Snake Wrapped by bendazum: 2:58am On Jan 07, 2013
Redmosquito: Group hug kwa? Oya in Jesus name! All my lonely enemies, begin to recieve group hugs from all types of snakes, vipers, cobras, mambas. Oya hug! Huuuuugggggg
grin grin
grin

Guy you too badt.

4 Likes

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply)

How Do I Get My Wife And Kid Back? I Really Love Her So Much / Rape and its causes / Help: My Wife Wants To Know Everything

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 25
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.