Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,833 members, 7,810,205 topics. Date: Friday, 26 April 2024 at 11:42 PM

Dog Rescues Abandoned Baby In Ghana- Awesome Story - Family - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Family / Dog Rescues Abandoned Baby In Ghana- Awesome Story (14156 Views)

Nigerians Watched An Abandoned Baby Cry Herself To Death Becos Of Fear Of Police / Abandoned Baby At Abule Egba This Morning(pic) / Mother Rescues Daughter From 6ft Python After Waking To Find Snake Wrapped (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Go Down)

Dog Rescues Abandoned Baby In Ghana- Awesome Story by rastamouse: 9:09am On Jun 09, 2012
A farm dog in Ghana has attained hero status after spending a night protecting an abandoned newborn human. Authorities say the dog, along with its two-week-old charge, was found under a bridge in Winkongo (which is near Bolgatanga, the Upper East Regional Capital of Ghana), near the farm where he lives – with the tiny baby snuggled against him.

A search party had been convened to look for the dog, not the baby, when the pooch's worried owner got concerned that her pet hadn't returned home in the evening. Searchers spent most of the night tracking the hound through nearby fields and woods, and came upon the unlikely pair quite some time later; finally locating him under the bridge near the farm he calls home, they were surprised to find the dog curled around a human infant.

Madam Rosemary Azure, Director of Health for the Talensi-Nabdam District, shared the remarkable story with the Ghana News Agency at a ceremony for a different occasion entirely – the launch of two vaccines that will help prevent diarrhea and pneumonia – although it's not impossible that officials will find themselves presiding over a medal presentation to "Hairy Poppins" sometime soon.

The baby himself is in relatively fine fettle after his adventure. His umbilical cord had not been cut, and had gotten infected, but the little one was otherwise unharmed; he's had all his vaccinations, and is currently in the custody of a local health directorate until new, non-bridge arrangements can be made for him. Azure noted that she couldn't say what had led to the baby's desertion by his mother, but speculated that the parents were teenagers, and took the opportunity to caution locals against unprotected sex. Police are investigating.

Any theories on what happened? And are you surprised that a dog took such good care of a human baby? Do your dogs take care of your kids like they're their own offspring? Discuss in the comments!

http://shine.yahoo.com/pets/dog-rescues-abandoned-newborn.html
Re: Dog Rescues Abandoned Baby In Ghana- Awesome Story by rastamouse: 9:10am On Jun 09, 2012
I guess the dog is more human than the parents tongue

27 Likes

Re: Dog Rescues Abandoned Baby In Ghana- Awesome Story by kemiola89(f): 10:13am On Jun 09, 2012
Wonders shall never cease! A dog taking the duty of some irresponsible mother, this is serious.

5 Likes

Re: Dog Rescues Abandoned Baby In Ghana- Awesome Story by Nobody: 10:42am On Jun 09, 2012
That dog must have asked 'what the hell is wrong with these human biengs, how can they leave this little baby out here in the cold? I have to protect this little human!'

7 Likes

Re: Dog Rescues Abandoned Baby In Ghana- Awesome Story by slimdiggi: 10:55am On Jun 09, 2012
Can naija dogs eva be like that?

9 Likes

Re: Dog Rescues Abandoned Baby In Ghana- Awesome Story by pufectskin: 10:56am On Jun 09, 2012
Dogs r amazing creatures.

1 Like

Re: Dog Rescues Abandoned Baby In Ghana- Awesome Story by Tyche(m): 10:57am On Jun 09, 2012
^^^ yeah. BTW, the dog deserves more than an award.

1 Like

Re: Dog Rescues Abandoned Baby In Ghana- Awesome Story by freshmoney(m): 10:58am On Jun 09, 2012
pufectskin: Dogs r amazing creatures.

Spot-on
Re: Dog Rescues Abandoned Baby In Ghana- Awesome Story by gbogboti: 10:58am On Jun 09, 2012
This has proven my often saying that some animals are a lot more reasonable than a lot of humans. Take cat(s) as the case may be for instance, they never deficate and leave it in the open. Whereas you see some humans deficating and urinating on "wall streets" LOL. See where some human even live. No No No

1 Like

Re: Dog Rescues Abandoned Baby In Ghana- Awesome Story by Nobody: 11:01am On Jun 09, 2012
True dogs are men's best friend.

1 Like

Re: Dog Rescues Abandoned Baby In Ghana- Awesome Story by Nobody: 11:02am On Jun 09, 2012
Santa Maria! Some animals are more responsible than humans!! Human beings are the most destructive motherf$$king critters on the planet!!

1 Like

Re: Dog Rescues Abandoned Baby In Ghana- Awesome Story by pendusky(m): 11:02am On Jun 09, 2012
cheesy gud dog! At least its better than most human being who would leave d innocent being to suffer! Kudos the hero.

1 Like

Re: Dog Rescues Abandoned Baby In Ghana- Awesome Story by amosy007: 11:04am On Jun 09, 2012
So dogs are more responsible than ghanians undecided sad no wonder they act like muppets on nairaland cheesy grin

4 Likes

Re: Dog Rescues Abandoned Baby In Ghana- Awesome Story by Nobody: 11:04am On Jun 09, 2012
slimdiggi: Can naija dogs eva be like that?
No way, they will rather eat the baby alive 'cause they are so very hungry - since their owners never feed them.
Re: Dog Rescues Abandoned Baby In Ghana- Awesome Story by LailaIkeji1: 11:08am On Jun 09, 2012
*dhtml:

No way, they will rather eat the baby alive 'cause they are so very hungry - since their owners never feed them.

laffsssssssssssssssssssssssss. for kpako dogs, maybe.
but ajebo dogs can be like ds hero dog. grin

1 Like

Re: Dog Rescues Abandoned Baby In Ghana- Awesome Story by Jabioro: 11:09am On Jun 09, 2012
Irresponsible mother can see yourself! If you refuse praise God,He shall command stone to do dat,if you abandon your humanity responsibility God would surely find another route to salvage his people.Amazing God with an Amazid Dog.

1 Like

Re: Dog Rescues Abandoned Baby In Ghana- Awesome Story by Nobody: 11:11am On Jun 09, 2012
*dhtml:

. LOL, my dog is one of d best dog in d world
Re: Dog Rescues Abandoned Baby In Ghana- Awesome Story by Nobody: 11:15am On Jun 09, 2012
Have you ever sat down to think that Dog is the only animal that doesn't have to work for food? A parrot has to talk, a cow has to give milk, a hen has to lay egg and be eaten, a carnery and nightingale have to sing. But dog gets his food by giving you nothing but love.
Re: Dog Rescues Abandoned Baby In Ghana- Awesome Story by bobdkak: 11:15am On Jun 09, 2012
Never a mere dog, surely that's God in disguise

5 Likes

Re: Dog Rescues Abandoned Baby In Ghana- Awesome Story by goldenval(m): 11:22am On Jun 09, 2012
rastamouse: A farm dog in Ghana has attained hero status after spending a night protecting an abandoned newborn human. Authorities say the dog, along with its two-week-old charge, was found under a bridge in Winkongo (which is near Bolgatanga, the Upper East Regional Capital of Ghana), near the farm where he lives – with the tiny baby snuggled against him.

A search party had been convened to look for the dog, not the baby, when the pooch's worried owner got concerned that her pet hadn't returned home in the evening. Searchers spent most of the night tracking the hound through nearby fields and woods, and came upon the unlikely pair quite some time later; finally locating him under the bridge near the farm he calls home, they were surprised to find the dog curled around a human infant.

Madam Rosemary Azure, Director of Health for the Talensi-Nabdam District, shared the remarkable story with the Ghana News Agency at a ceremony for a different occasion entirely – the launch of two vaccines that will help prevent diarrhea and pneumonia – although it's not impossible that officials will find themselves presiding over a medal presentation to "Hairy Poppins" sometime soon.

The baby himself is in relatively fine fettle after his adventure. His umbilical cord had not been cut, and had gotten infected, but the little one was otherwise unharmed; he's had all his vaccinations, and is currently in the custody of a local health directorate until new, non-bridge arrangements can be made for him. Azure noted that she couldn't say what had led to the baby's desertion by his mother, but speculated that the parents were teenagers, and took the opportunity to caution locals against unprotected sex. Police are investigating.

Any theories on what happened? And are you surprised that a dog took such good care of a human baby? Do your dogs take care of your kids like they're their own offspring? Discuss in the comments!

http://shine.yahoo.com/pets/dog-rescues-abandoned-newborn.html

I am not surprised at all that this wonderful dog took
care of that infant. Animals are naturally prone to
care for any young, regardless the species, if
orphaned or abanondoned. I am so glad this dog
found that little one and that the owner of the dog
cared enough to search for his/her beloved dog. What
ever prompted the mother of that little baby to
abandon him we will probably never really know for
sure, though we will all speculate. At least now,
thanks to a wonderful 4 legged creature that little
boy stands a chance. Such a bittersweet story. We
could learn from it.
Re: Dog Rescues Abandoned Baby In Ghana- Awesome Story by Nobody: 11:26am On Jun 09, 2012
I think I know this dog in one india film like that. grin

3 Likes

Re: Dog Rescues Abandoned Baby In Ghana- Awesome Story by amosy007: 11:30am On Jun 09, 2012
~Bluetooth:

are u saying its all filmtrick ? cheesy
Re: Dog Rescues Abandoned Baby In Ghana- Awesome Story by AbdulAdam56(m): 11:39am On Jun 09, 2012
slimdiggi: Can naija dogs eva be like that?
nope
Re: Dog Rescues Abandoned Baby In Ghana- Awesome Story by yuzedo: 11:40am On Jun 09, 2012
shocked What a fantastic dog!!! I love it! embarassed
I wish I can adopt this blessed dog! It is worth more than 1m terrible humans we come across everyday and I daresay more intelligent, sensitive and caring than our president! Yes, this dog will make a better president than GEJ, only that we must not appoint any calabar man to its cabinet, b4 they kidnap the poor canine and send 404 bills to the National Assembly! grin grin grin

4 Likes

Re: Dog Rescues Abandoned Baby In Ghana- Awesome Story by Nobody: 11:43am On Jun 09, 2012
a similar incident happened 2yrs ago in calabar. a wicked mother abandoned her newborn in the bush at night.it rained heavily dat night and the baby caught cold and died. in the morning a dog saw the lifeless body,thinking it was still alive he brought the body to the roadside.people passing saw the dog carrying the baby and raised alarm! they later found out that the baby was dead already! it was very sad indeed.
Re: Dog Rescues Abandoned Baby In Ghana- Awesome Story by Nobody: 11:52am On Jun 09, 2012
~Bluetooth:

lol! "GOPI" thats the dog's name. a hero in the indian film "TERI MEHAR BANIYA"! cant wait to see dogs acting in our nollywood films!!

2 Likes

Re: Dog Rescues Abandoned Baby In Ghana- Awesome Story by Slicqyprizzy(f): 11:52am On Jun 09, 2012
amosy007: So dogs are more responsible that ghanians undecided sad no wonder they act like muppets on nairaland cheesy grin
look @ diz stupid fool tryin' 2 use diz as an incident 2 insult da hole gh. I bet if u wer da one hu saw da baby,u would've left it 2 die,accusin' da hole gh of being irresponsible. Only 1 fam.abandoned deir baby gerrit? Ah wont use ur stupidity 2 insult da hole naija.u useless thang

4 Likes

Re: Dog Rescues Abandoned Baby In Ghana- Awesome Story by Slicqyprizzy(f): 11:52am On Jun 09, 2012
amosy007: So dogs are more responsible that ghanians undecided sad no wonder they act like muppets on nairaland cheesy grin
Re: Dog Rescues Abandoned Baby In Ghana- Awesome Story by Frankiss44(m): 11:53am On Jun 09, 2012
berem: a similar incident happened 2yrs ago in calabar. a wicked mother abandoned her newborn in the bush at night.it rained heavily dat night and the baby caught cold and died. in the morning a dog saw the lifeless body,thinking it was still alive he brought the body to the roadside.people passing saw the dog carrying the baby and raised alarm! they later found out that the baby was dead already! it was very sad indeed.

Can u remind me of the title of this movie?
Re: Dog Rescues Abandoned Baby In Ghana- Awesome Story by Smallville4live(m): 11:58am On Jun 09, 2012
It is the handwork of the Most High, Jehovah. That baby has a bright future. May God forgive humans.
Re: Dog Rescues Abandoned Baby In Ghana- Awesome Story by amosy007: 11:59am On Jun 09, 2012
Slicqy prizzy: look @ diz stupid fool tryin' 2 use diz as an incident 2 insult da hole gh. I bet if u wer da one hu saw da baby,u would've left it 2 die,accusin' da hole gh of being irresponsible. Only 1 fam.abandoned deir baby gerrit? Ah wont use ur stupidity 2 insult da hole naija.u useless thang
yet another muppet cheesy grin tongue

3 Likes

Re: Dog Rescues Abandoned Baby In Ghana- Awesome Story by donigspain(m): 12:01pm On Jun 09, 2012
yuzedo: shocked What a fantastic dog!!! I love it! embarassed
I wish I can adopt this blessed dog! It is worth more than 1m terrible humans we come across everyday and I daresay more intelligent, sensitive and caring than our president! Yes, this dog will make a better president than GEJ, only that we must not appoint any calabar man to its cabinet, b4 they kidnap the poor canine and send 404 bills to the National Assembly! grin grin grin

In as much as am 'naturally' compelled to rain curses, abuses and insults on you, I will still subdue that 'natural' urge so as to prove MATURITY.
All I can say is: may God have mercy on your SOUL.

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5)

Can You Marry Someone You Don't Love? / Rotimi Olowo Supports Mother Of Triplets Whose Husband Fled / Court Dissolves Leonard Dilkon's Marriage To Joy

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 38
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.