Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,521 members, 7,819,875 topics. Date: Tuesday, 07 May 2024 at 04:33 AM

Advice On Career Path To Build Upon. - Career (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Career / Advice On Career Path To Build Upon. (8319 Views)

Possible Career Path For A Physics Graduate / Advice On Career As An Architect In Nigeria / Career Path To Becoming A Diplomat (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Advice On Career Path To Build Upon. by Nobody: 5:02am On Jan 13, 2013
Kzinne: its a shame that at this level u still dont hav any idea as to wat u want to do wit ur life

You are so full of yourself... like you were never at Crossroads and wondered which road to take.... oh I get it, you eran a million Dollars now because you found out what you wanted to do with your life at the age of 6... you are such a slowpoke and a F**ktard, RUBBISH!!!

1 Like

Re: Advice On Career Path To Build Upon. by Nobody: 5:15am On Jan 13, 2013
Thank you all for your comments, I most appreciate them.
Re: Advice On Career Path To Build Upon. by Teejayphillip(m): 7:10am On Jan 13, 2013
Jus improve ursef on ur IT skill,sims U gat sum passion 4 it...
Re: Advice On Career Path To Build Upon. by Nnabugwu8590: 8:27am On Jan 13, 2013
Gabriel_sylar: Agriculatural Economics and Extension............when we dont even have agric economy u went to put study extension again.......they will extend ur headache
My dear you get mind oh!. Are you trying to discourage this person or what. You are not a good adviser. Change your mentality
Re: Advice On Career Path To Build Upon. by Donyahoozee: 10:02am On Jan 13, 2013
[quote author=dotobo]Hello,

I need your help on which of my career path to build upon. I graduated from the university with a degree in Agriculatural Economics and Extension.

I am also a self taught web programmer here is the website I'm currently working on (www./hxYfU) - although still under development. I have some other sites that I have finished and are online.

In some few months I will an executive board member of a small(atleast for now) company, and my roles will include, Director of IT (

- Hiring and firing of people who work in that department...including Programmers, Networkers, Graphic Designers and other ad-hoc staffs

- Management of budget to my depatment, and preparation of monthly financial expenditure for the department.. )
You are not an Accountant, so wht make's u think u can prepare d company's budget, & prepare an account & present it to financial Auditors,Men jst 4gt dz financial aspect.
Re: Advice On Career Path To Build Upon. by sirwealth(m): 10:35am On Jan 13, 2013
mawojuuche: Look at a beautiful thread on hw to be completely focused on building a gud career but some No Future Ambition are busy putting thrash... By the time u clock 45 and u found ursef in ur villa drinking kai kai and ogogoro while ur mates are in d city living in mansions thats wen it would be too late. Had I Know...
and how has ur comment contribute to dis very topic?
Re: Advice On Career Path To Build Upon. by Nobody: 11:08am On Jan 13, 2013
[quote author=Donyahoozee][/quote]

Thank you Donyahozee for your reply.

Like I said in my opening post, we are still a small company and hopefully we will hire an accountant/auditor when the time comes.

Also, what I meant by budget and financial details is just a list of things I will need money for in the department I will be heading (IT), also athe the end of the month, I will prepare a simple list of my departments expenditure (not the whole company).

What do you think sir ?
Re: Advice On Career Path To Build Upon. by Walexy96: 11:43am On Jan 13, 2013
Bro, u need to wake up and act fast even because u ar still among those who dream in the night, u ar yet a DAYDREAMER.

I will have like to advice u to follow ur passion on those field u have highlighted but the fact that u study a course u don't think of it future at all baffles me{agric. Economics & extension!}

My advice is pray, seek for spiritual vision of those career, because I hav a friend which want to make money base on internet, he's from one seminar to the other but all was nothing where we still have many people who are more than successfull on internet stuff. So you just have to ask your God.
Re: Advice On Career Path To Build Upon. by Nobody: 11:51am On Jan 13, 2013
Thanks Walexy,

I do believe that I need to act upon what I desire...fast, I most emphasis that I am not the seminar/make a million in a day type of person.
Re: Advice On Career Path To Build Upon. by 1k001(m): 3:12pm On Jan 13, 2013
Kzinne: its a shame that at this level u still dont hav any idea as to wat u want to do wit ur life

If you could please read the HBR article ' managing oneself ' by world renowned Peter Drucker your opinion may be changed. He higlights several important points one of which is that most people have no solid career paths well into their 20's. To the OP the aforementioned article will be helpful to you too as you decide your path.

We live in a world roday that increasingly needs multi-taskers and multi-skilled adaptable Individuals. While you need to concentrate mostly on your strength, and technical abilities you also need to develop business skills and a network. An MBA can help you achieve the latter two as well as expose you to novel ways of thinking and problem solving.

It is also advisable to seek out a mentor who is willing to guide you.

Well done so far on developing yourself, continue at the same rate and you will go far

1 Like

Re: Advice On Career Path To Build Upon. by Nobody: 5:42pm On Jan 13, 2013
1k001:

If you could please read the HBR article ' managing oneself ' by world renowned Peter Drucker your opinion may be changed. He higlights several important points one of which is that most people have no solid career paths well into their 20's. To the OP the aforementioned article will be helpful to you too as you decide your path.

We live in a world roday that increasingly needs multi-taskers and multi-skilled adaptable Individuals. While you need to concentrate mostly on your strength, and technical abilities you also need to develop business skills and a network. An MBA can help you achieve the latter two as well as expose you to novel ways of thinking and problem solving.

It is also advisable to seek out a mentor who is willing to guide you.

Well done so far on developing yourself, continue at the same rate and you will go far

Thank you 1k001. I will find and read the article you mentioned.
Re: Advice On Career Path To Build Upon. by bumzyo: 11:49pm On Jan 13, 2013
X

1 Like

Re: Advice On Career Path To Build Upon. by blackbeau1(f): 12:39pm On Jan 14, 2013
Just do what you love
Re: Advice On Career Path To Build Upon. by krestup: 9:27am On Jan 15, 2013
dotobo:

Krestup, thank for the reply.

To be honest, I sincerely feel I can go deep in atmost two areas:

1) Computer programming (Or anything that has to do with internet).

2) An effective business person, good team player.

None of the above do I have any formal training for. And I'm thinking if I could just get on with the business side of my capabilities and keep doing the computer stuff on my on, then that might be a good one.

What do you think sir ?

Of course you can keep doing your computer stuff and business. You could even turn your computer stuff into a business. In areas you are not skilled, you can hire someone, so that you can be working a balance environment.

(1) (2) (Reply)

Improve Your Career By Becoming A Better Writer / I Am So Very Sad / What Does It Take To Have A Sucessful Career In Nigeria?

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 27
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.