Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,159,264 members, 7,839,336 topics. Date: Friday, 24 May 2024 at 05:07 PM

Don't Do Business In Your Home - Fashola - Politics (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Don't Do Business In Your Home - Fashola (16612 Views)

For Those Yoruba's Who Say Yoruba's Don't Do Business In The East. / Fashola, Tinubu And Oba Akiolu Observe Eid Prayer (Photo) / Fashola's Government Is Not As Good As You Think (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Don't Do Business In Your Home - Fashola by Nobody: 8:24pm On Jan 07, 2013
hate lag...rulez even in toilet
Re: Don't Do Business In Your Home - Fashola by bbulldog(m): 8:26pm On Jan 07, 2013
Shey na fashola go dey dictate life for lagosians? Is he a thin god or what?
Re: Don't Do Business In Your Home - Fashola by Nobody: 8:28pm On Jan 07, 2013
long sermon...
Re: Don't Do Business In Your Home - Fashola by Walexz02(m): 8:32pm On Jan 07, 2013
Good speech jarae @ Mr. Fash
Re: Don't Do Business In Your Home - Fashola by Guk: 8:41pm On Jan 07, 2013
bbulldog: Shey na fashola go dey dictate life for lagosians? Is he a thin god or what?

Yes he is to "tin" brains!

How would you like your house to go up in flames becos your neighbour is doing business of selling LPG gas.

Wld you accept for your neighbour to do business in his house releasing dangerous chemicals in the air?
Re: Don't Do Business In Your Home - Fashola by Lakayana: 8:51pm On Jan 07, 2013
naptu2: Hm! Don't do business in your home. Reminds me of back in the day when zoning rules were still observed.

When Victoria Island was mainly residential (it was difficult to get a cab in some parts of V.I let alone a bus). When Ikoyi was largely residential and practically covered by huge trees. When Marina/Broad Street area was the commercial capital. When Apapa, Ilupeju and parts of Ikeja were the industrial capital.

You wouldn't find businesses in the residential parts of V.I (only on Ahmadu Bello, Ozumba Mbadiwe and Kofo Abayomi and those were mostly Federal Government establishments). Ditto with Ikoyi. The military governments of the late '80s really destroyed old Lagos.
Thank God for long life oh. So you been dey there wen all things dem happen oh boy ye you old No be small.
Re: Don't Do Business In Your Home - Fashola by profola2be(m): 9:06pm On Jan 07, 2013
GudluckIBB: How come Tinubu is no there ?
You can GOOGLE it.
Shio
Re: Don't Do Business In Your Home - Fashola by Nobody: 9:12pm On Jan 07, 2013
@ Topic; I m looking foward to his after-tenure Thanksgiving service.
Re: Don't Do Business In Your Home - Fashola by IYANGBALI: 10:44pm On Jan 07, 2013
GudluckIBB: How come Tinubu is no there ?
was not there tongue
Re: Don't Do Business In Your Home - Fashola by romanlaw(m): 11:50pm On Jan 07, 2013
Hmmm good one but its nothing new...normal political statement to buy more votes for ACN. What so spectacular, afterall GEJ did same and even went to the extent of kneeling b4 God....but wait! Where's Tifnubu?
Re: Don't Do Business In Your Home - Fashola by deebrain(m): 1:21am On Jan 08, 2013
Ibadiarann: It is well with Lagos state.

Amen
Re: Don't Do Business In Your Home - Fashola by Truckpusher(m): 1:58am On Jan 08, 2013
boborosky: Well said, Fashola. The man for 2015.
yeah, you're damn right numbnuts!...third term in Lagos state isn't a bad idea the SW is always kitten footing-bunch of bootlickers with their delusion of grandeur as a gift mask from Ogun....I laff in kanuri
Re: Don't Do Business In Your Home - Fashola by Kairoseki77: 2:05am On Jan 08, 2013
romanlaw: Hmmm good one but its nothing new...normal political statement to buy more votes for ACN. What so spectacular, afterall GEJ did same and even went to the extent of kneeling b4 God....but wait! Where's Tifnubu?

Who cares where Tinubu is.
Re: Don't Do Business In Your Home - Fashola by Nobody: 3:29am On Jan 08, 2013
You can't not really say people should do businesses at home, because most family businesses start from their homes....

Even in advanced Countries, there are so many Corner shops that create an extension for their shops in their homes....

What the governor should do is create a task force that ensures that most Lagosians comply with health and safety....

If I build a shop for my wife near our home, and the shop is fitted with smoke alarms, has fire exit, not blocking a drainage pipe, not infringing on road pavement, etc, then why can't she do her business from home?

What Governor should say is that if people want to do businesses from home, they can if it only complies with Health and safety checks.... This way, the governor rakes in more revenue, and businesses thrive in the state..
Re: Don't Do Business In Your Home - Fashola by naptu2: 4:03am On Jan 08, 2013
obo_man: You can't not really say people should do businesses at home, because most family businesses start from their homes....

Even in advanced Countries, there are so many Corner shops that create an extension for their shops in their homes....

What the governor should do is create a task force that ensures that most Lagosians comply with health and safety....

If I build a shop for my wife near our home, and the shop is fitted with smoke alarms, has fire exit, not blocking a drainage pipe, not infringing on road pavement, etc, then why can't she do her business from home?

What Governor should say is that if people want to do businesses from home, they can if it only complies with Health and safety checks.... This way, the governor rakes in more revenue, and businesses thrive in the state..

1) It depends on the kind of business you are talking about.

2) It's not just about the health and safety measures you take, it's also about the public infrastructure that is available in a given area.

For example, I once lived in a residential area on the Lagos Mainland. A business man (who is now very famous) also had a block of flats in that area. However, beneath the block of flats he had his warehouse (where motorcycle parts were stored and assembled).

The whole neighbourhood suffered because of that warehouse. On a given night he could have 12 or more massive articulated trucks (aka trailers) delivering goods to the warehouse. This is a residential area with narrow roads. The whole neighbourhood would be at a standstill.

I remember that, back in the day, Broad Street, which was a one way street, was by far wider than Bourdillon Road, which was a two way street. This was because Broad Street was in the business district, while Bourdillon Road was in, what was then a residential district.

It's for a similar reason that the Lagos State Government denied planning permission to the developers that want to convert the Federal Secretariat into a block of flats. Questions: do you have enough parking spaces? Are there enough policemen, health centres, etc to service that development?

I remember that, back in the day, traffic jams were non-existent on Victoria Island, but when the zoning system broke down, the traffic jams became hellish.

Roads in residential areas usually have a specified thickness, because of the kinds and number of vehicles that are expected to ply those roads. Roads in industrial areas are much thicker because it is expected that articulated trucks, etc will ply those roads.

1 Like

Re: Don't Do Business In Your Home - Fashola by ignis: 5:45am On Jan 08, 2013
Things are getting out of hand,
Re: Don't Do Business In Your Home - Fashola by shiftbutton: 8:08am On Jan 08, 2013
naptu2:

1) It depends on the kind of business you are talking about.

2) It's not just about the health and safety measures you take, it's also about the public infrastructure that is available in a given area.

For example, I once lived in a residential area on the Lagos Mainland. A business man (who is now very famous) also had a block of flats in that area. However, beneath the block of flats he had his warehouse (where motorcycle parts were stored and assembled).

The whole neighbourhood suffered because of that warehouse. On a given night he could have 12 or more massive articulated trucks (aka trailers) delivering goods to the warehouse. This is a residential area with narrow roads. The whole neighbourhood would be at a standstill.

I remember that, back in the day, Broad Street, which was a one way street, was by far wider than Bourdillon Road, which was a two way street. This was because Broad Street was in the business district, while Bourdillon Road was in, what was then a residential district.

It's for a similar reason that the Lagos State Government denied planning permission to the developers that want to convert the Federal Secretariat into a block of flats. Questions: do you have enough parking spaces? Are there enough policemen, health centres, etc to service that development?

I remember that, back in the day, traffic jams were non-existent on Victoria Island, but when the zoning system broke down, the traffic jams became hellish.

Roads in residential areas usually have a specified thickness, because of the kinds and number of vehicles that are expected to ply those roads. Roads in industrial areas are much thicker because it is expected that articulated trucks, etc will ply those roads.

Thank you for throwing more light on it, I did not see things from this perspective before.
Re: Don't Do Business In Your Home - Fashola by Demdem(m): 8:31am On Jan 08, 2013
Well, it depends on the kind of business one is involved with.
Re: Don't Do Business In Your Home - Fashola by Olaolufred(m): 8:34am On Jan 08, 2013
bbulldog: Shey na fashola go dey dictate life for lagosians? Is he a thin god or what?

This is an advice. It is far from being a dictator.

But when the repercusion comes, the obstinate ones will still say," Government did not come to our aid"

I was a bit angry when the Jankara fire victim kept shouting Governor this Governor that.

The man who wants to make the do-or-die money brought in explosives(2 40ft container load).
Lagosian can not report (though we know where he came from, but let us assume he is from WAZOBIA). They are accomplice to the heinous act.
Repercusion came, every one of them saying Governor.
WE MUST BE RESPONSIBLE AS A PEOPLE.
QED.
Re: Don't Do Business In Your Home - Fashola by Nobody: 9:53am On Jan 08, 2013
Sorry Sir Fashola -- This is 21st Century grin grin

(1) (2) (Reply)

Ohanaeze To Announce The Presidential Candidate They Would Support In 2 Weeks / MEND To Jonathan: Your Assassination Story Not True / Obiano Signs Anambra Airport MOU (Pictures)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 34
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.