Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,156,038 members, 7,828,642 topics. Date: Wednesday, 15 May 2024 at 12:24 PM

For Those Yoruba's Who Say Yoruba's Don't Do Business In The East. - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / For Those Yoruba's Who Say Yoruba's Don't Do Business In The East. (5644 Views)

IPOB: Northern Traders Suspend Business In South-east / We Yoruba's Don't Need Any Southern Unity / We Yoruba's Don't Need Any Southern Unity (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (Reply) (Go Down)

For Those Yoruba's Who Say Yoruba's Don't Do Business In The East. by betterABIAstate: 10:29am On Mar 23, 2016
This thread is the clear the ignorance of most Yoruba populace who so much believe yorubas don't troop in their thousands to the east but before I continue, let me do a brief intro.

I have two degrees, one in pharmacy and I have been in pharmaceutical business for 7years now. Ask anybody in the business, they will tell you that the biggest pharmaceutical businesses are done mainly in Lagos, onitsha, aba and kano then you will include Jos, Ibadan, enugu, pH.

70% of pharmaceutical importing companies are own by yorubas (this is a known fact in the line). They import these products from India and Pakistan then move to aba and onitsha for distributors. You see lots of Yoruba's in teaching hospitals, drug market and big pharmacy shops in aba, enugu and onitsha as company reps and managers. On most occasions, the Ceo of these companies (who are Yoruba) will come down to east to strike deals with distributors (after Lagos, onitsha and aba have the highest number of distributor in the country).

You cannot do these business and make max profit without onitsha and aba and Yoruba's here know this. Onitsha serves as a wholesale point for anambra, enugu, delta, Edo, ebonyi, Benue and ondo (go to head bridge market and see teaching hospitals from ondo) while aba is a wholesale point for abia, rivers, bayelsa, IMO, akwa ibom, cross rivers. You will see Yoruba ceos begging for distributors.
This is just for my field, if we are to talk of other fields, you will be marvelled. I get to met lot of Yoruba managers and ceos in the east.

Please drop your ignorance.

5 Likes

Re: For Those Yoruba's Who Say Yoruba's Don't Do Business In The East. by BLINGZ88: 10:46am On Mar 23, 2016
don't mind Dem. We are the leeches nd they are d masters. I don't mind being called a leech if a still make my money at d end of d day.
Re: For Those Yoruba's Who Say Yoruba's Don't Do Business In The East. by sirade(m): 12:06pm On Mar 23, 2016
betterABIAstate:
This thread is the clear the ignorance of most Yoruba populace who so much believe yorubas don't troop in their thousands to the east but before I continue, let me do a brief intro.

I have two degrees, one in pharmacy and I have been in pharmaceutical business for 7years now. Ask anybody in the business, they will tell you that the biggest pharmaceutical businesses are done mainly in Lagos, onitsha, aba and kano then you will include Jos, Ibadan, enugu, pH.

70% of pharmaceutical importing companies are own by yorubas (this is a known fact in the line). They import these products from India and Pakistan then move to aba and onitsha for distributors. You see lots of Yoruba's in teaching hospitals, drug market and big pharmacy shops in aba, enugu and onitsha as company reps and managers. On most occasions, the Ceo of these companies (who are Yoruba) will come down to east to strike deals with distributors (after Lagos, onitsha and aba have the highest number of distributor in the country).

You cannot do these business and make max profit without onitsha and aba and Yoruba's here know this. Onitsha serves as a wholesale point for anambra, enugu, delta, Edo, ebonyi, Benue and ondo (go to head bridge market and see teaching hospitals from ondo) while aba is a wholesale point for abia, rivers, bayelsa, IMO, akwa ibom, cross rivers. You will see Yoruba ceos begging for distributors.
This is just for my field, if we are to talk of other fields, you will be marvelled. I get to met lot of Yoruba managers and ceos in the east.

op the bolded is false.

Majority of pharmaceutical companies in Nigeria are owned by Igbos.

Even here in Lagos and its environ, most of the indigenous pharmaceutical companies are owned by Igbos eg; Emzor, greenlife etc.

Op a visit to Idumuta drug market will convinced you.

7 Likes

Re: For Those Yoruba's Who Say Yoruba's Don't Do Business In The East. by ifechez: 12:14pm On Mar 23, 2016
the op is a cow, degree in pharmacy my foot.

name the pharmaceutical companies owned by yorobers.

4 Likes

Re: For Those Yoruba's Who Say Yoruba's Don't Do Business In The East. by ifechez: 12:16pm On Mar 23, 2016
EMZOR
NEROS
GREENLIFE
JUHEL
EMBASSY
ORANGE DRUGS

2 Likes

Re: For Those Yoruba's Who Say Yoruba's Don't Do Business In The East. by kettykin: 12:22pm On Mar 23, 2016
betterABIAstate:

Are you dreaming
Re: For Those Yoruba's Who Say Yoruba's Don't Do Business In The East. by betterABIAstate: 12:26pm On Mar 23, 2016
sirade:

op the bolded is false.

Even here in Lagos and its environ, most of the indigenous pharmaceutical companies are owned by Igbos eg; Emzor, greenlife etc.

idumota is an open market, they get the drugs from companies who are licensed to import.

Most pharmaceutical importing companies are own by Yoruba's. They don't like licensing Igbo's

5 Likes

Re: For Those Yoruba's Who Say Yoruba's Don't Do Business In The East. by babyfaceafrica: 12:30pm On Mar 23, 2016
OP we need proof..names of individuals and the coys
Re: For Those Yoruba's Who Say Yoruba's Don't Do Business In The East. by betterABIAstate: 12:30pm On Mar 23, 2016
ifechez:
EMZOR
NEROS
GREENLIFE
JUHEL
EMBASSY
ORANGE DRUGS
Nero's, juhel, emzor are not importers. This is my field, I know what I'm saying, those companies are manufacturers except greenlife is an importer.

6 Likes

Re: For Those Yoruba's Who Say Yoruba's Don't Do Business In The East. by seunny4lif(m): 12:30pm On Mar 23, 2016
Tell me more cool
Re: For Those Yoruba's Who Say Yoruba's Don't Do Business In The East. by sirade(m): 12:40pm On Mar 23, 2016
betterABIAstate:
idumota is an open market, they get the drugs from companies who are licensed to import.

Most pharmaceutical importing companies are own by Yoruba's. They don't like licensing Igbo's
guy where did you generate this your fact from

guy stop this fallacous statement.

Count one yoruba owned pharmaceutical company and you can count upto six of the same company that is owned by Igbos.

Nawa for you op

3 Likes

Re: For Those Yoruba's Who Say Yoruba's Don't Do Business In The East. by betterABIAstate: 12:43pm On Mar 23, 2016
seunny4lif:
Tell me more cool
Yoruba's hold about 65% importing stake, Igbo's do more of distribution, about 95%
Re: For Those Yoruba's Who Say Yoruba's Don't Do Business In The East. by betterABIAstate: 12:47pm On Mar 23, 2016
sirade:

guy where did you generate this your fact from

guy stop this fallacous statement.

Count one yoruba owned pharmaceutical company and you can count upto six of the same company that is owned by Igbos.

Nawa for you op

we HV thousands of pharmaceutical importers in Nigeria, I'm Igbo, there's no need twisting the truth just to suit my ego.

5 Likes

Re: For Those Yoruba's Who Say Yoruba's Don't Do Business In The East. by sirade(m): 12:55pm On Mar 23, 2016
betterABIAstate:
we HV thousands of pharmaceutical importers in Nigeria, I'm Igbo, there's no need twisting the truth just to suit my ego.

are we talking of drug importers or pharmaceutical companies ?

Even for both, Igbo dealers dwarf the yorubas.

1 Like

Re: For Those Yoruba's Who Say Yoruba's Don't Do Business In The East. by seunny4lif(m): 12:59pm On Mar 23, 2016
cool cool cool cool
Wow
betterABIAstate:
Yoruba's hold about 65% importing stake, Igbo's do more of distribution, about 95%

1 Like 1 Share

Re: For Those Yoruba's Who Say Yoruba's Don't Do Business In The East. by sirade(m): 1:00pm On Mar 23, 2016
betterABIAstate:

good to see you coming down gradually with your bloated figure.

70 - 65%

I still maintain that yorubas have no such influence in pharmaceutical market in Nigeria

1 Like

Re: For Those Yoruba's Who Say Yoruba's Don't Do Business In The East. by betterABIAstate: 1:16pm On Mar 23, 2016
sirade:

are we talking of drug importers or pharmaceutical companies ?

Even for both, Igbo dealers dwarf the yorubas.

stop this argument, a pharmaceutical company can either have a manufacturing plant here in the country or send her specification to another manufacturer outside the country e.g greenlif and fidson. Lonart was not manufactured by green life but greenlife own the specifications, it was manufactured outside for green life. Same as amatem, its not been manufactured by Elbe pharma, instead the sent specifications to an India or China company (this is what I mean by importation). Its my field, you can't know mor than I do.

Yoruba's are more into importation of pharmaceutical products and they own more of the companies

10 Likes

Re: For Those Yoruba's Who Say Yoruba's Don't Do Business In The East. by betterABIAstate: 1:20pm On Mar 23, 2016
sirade:

good to see you coming down gradually with your bloated figure.

70 - 65%

I still maintain that yorubas have no such influence in pharmaceutical market in Nigeria
stop the ignorance, stop chestbeating

5 Likes

Re: For Those Yoruba's Who Say Yoruba's Don't Do Business In The East. by tpiar: 1:52pm On Mar 23, 2016
everybody knows Igbos control the pharmaceutical industry in Nigeria.

there might be a few Igbo aligned Yorubas here and there who act as go betweens in the supply chain.

2 Likes

Re: For Those Yoruba's Who Say Yoruba's Don't Do Business In The East. by kayfra: 1:56pm On Mar 23, 2016
Importation, manufacturing, and distribution are all sectors of the industry. OP is only talking about one sector and you guys are conflating his statement.

Get a grip.

4 Likes

Re: For Those Yoruba's Who Say Yoruba's Don't Do Business In The East. by greatiyk4u(m): 2:09pm On Mar 23, 2016
ifechez:
EMZOR NEROS GREENLIFE JUHEL EMBASSY ORANGE DRUGS
Nemel
Re: For Those Yoruba's Who Say Yoruba's Don't Do Business In The East. by Sealeddeal(m): 2:09pm On Mar 23, 2016
sirade:

op the bolded is false.

There is nothing that concern commerce in any industrial sectors in Nigeria that Igbos are not well represented. Op made a wrong exaggeration. 70% is way outrageous.

1 Like

Re: For Those Yoruba's Who Say Yoruba's Don't Do Business In The East. by Sealeddeal(m): 2:13pm On Mar 23, 2016
kayfra:
Importation, manufacturing, and distribution are all sectors of the industry. OP is only talking about one sector and you guys are conflating his statement.

Get a grip.
Even at that, 70% is preposterous. there are many Yoruba importers as much as Igbos in importation of pharmaceuticals
Re: For Those Yoruba's Who Say Yoruba's Don't Do Business In The East. by betterABIAstate: 2:15pm On Mar 23, 2016
Sealeddeal:
There is nothing that concern commerce in any industrial sectors in Nigeria that Igbos are not well represented. Op made a wrong exaggeration. 70% is way outrageous.
wrong exaggeration? Pharmaceutical importers is like a caucus of mostly Yorubas. They try as much as possible to exclude igbos . Igbo's do more of distribution and manufacturing.

3 Likes

Re: For Those Yoruba's Who Say Yoruba's Don't Do Business In The East. by Nobody: 2:21pm On Mar 23, 2016
Everything is always along tribal lines. Nigeria is finished.

1 Like

Re: For Those Yoruba's Who Say Yoruba's Don't Do Business In The East. by Sealeddeal(m): 2:25pm On Mar 23, 2016
betterABIAstate:
wrong exaggeration? Pharmaceutical importers is like a caucus of mostly Yorubas. They try as much as possible to exclude igbos . Igbo's do more of distribution and manufacturing.
Are you sure about that?
Can you name the importers and their popular brands?
Yorubas are also very well represented in manufacturing sector of pharmaceuticals.
Re: For Those Yoruba's Who Say Yoruba's Don't Do Business In The East. by BenBruce4Presdt(f): 2:25pm On Mar 23, 2016
Pls can we drop these Yoruba and Igbo thing..

I an tired already..

Can we make peace and show some love..

I am Igbo, but I think Yorubas are not that bad to be friends with..

Try one of them as friend, then you shall understand what I mean..

5 Likes

Re: For Those Yoruba's Who Say Yoruba's Don't Do Business In The East. by akinszz: 2:26pm On Mar 23, 2016
What will ur chestbeat all about?
Sealeddeal:
Re: For Those Yoruba's Who Say Yoruba's Don't Do Business In The East. by betterABIAstate: 2:32pm On Mar 23, 2016
Sealeddeal:
Are you sure about that?
Can you name the importers and their popular brands?
Yorubas are also very well represented in manufacturing sector of pharmaceuticals.
I'm very sure of this.
Re: For Those Yoruba's Who Say Yoruba's Don't Do Business In The East. by Rayhutar(m): 2:35pm On Mar 23, 2016
Why then is people saying that Igbos sell fake drugs if the majority of the importers are Yorubas

4 Likes

Re: For Those Yoruba's Who Say Yoruba's Don't Do Business In The East. by Nobody: 2:36pm On Mar 23, 2016
There are many yorubas in Enugu city, some are into herbal tradomedicine, some into tailoring(mainly for female dresses).
Re: For Those Yoruba's Who Say Yoruba's Don't Do Business In The East. by Sunnynwa: 2:43pm On Mar 23, 2016
Maybe op is referring to those into importation of herbal pharmaceutical products aka Agbo.

1 Like

(1) (2) (Reply)

List Of Nigerian Presidents Who Died While Still In Office / Buhari Vs. Aisha: War In Aso Rock As The First Lady Gets A Much Younger Rival / What I told you about Buhari trump visit did you believe,now it's obvious

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 63
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.