Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,151,081 members, 7,811,023 topics. Date: Saturday, 27 April 2024 at 09:02 PM

Has ATM Machine Ever Seized Your Card Before? - Business (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Business / Has ATM Machine Ever Seized Your Card Before? (11153 Views)

Tension In Kano As Seized N315b Textile Materials Await Burning / Ever Been Disappointed By An ATM Machine? Share Your Experiences / Has Atm Fraud Stopped? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Has ATM Machine Ever Seized Your Card Before? by Nobody: 6:41pm On Jan 08, 2013
No buh e don sieze ma card once.
Re: Has ATM Machine Ever Seized Your Card Before? by Kaxmytex(m): 6:42pm On Jan 08, 2013
Redmosquito: One midnight! Coming back from library! Went to ATM to check for small cash!
Slotted Card in!
**Sorry! Insufficient funds**
Oya vomit my card na! O boy! the ATM no gree ooooo! shocked
I no gree leave the ATM sef! I pressed all the buttons, I hit the screen! I even used my JUJU and Incantations!
After about an hour of cursing and praying to Sango! KEEEKK!!
My Card just flew out!
But by then, Mosquitoes don finish my life! Everything wey I read sef don commot with frustration!
gringrin

1 Like

Re: Has ATM Machine Ever Seized Your Card Before? by Tunby(m): 6:46pm On Jan 08, 2013
Redmosquito: One midnight! Coming back from library! Went to ATM to check for small cash!
Slotted Card in!
**Sorry! Insufficient funds**
Oya vomit my card na! O boy! the ATM no gree ooooo! shocked
I no gree leave the ATM sef! I pressed all the buttons, I hit the screen! I even used my JUJU and Incantations!
After about an hour of cursing and praying to Sango! KEEEKK!!
My Card just flew out!
But by then, Mosquitoes don finish my life! Everything wey I read sef don commot with frustration!
I don laugh tire o.

1 Like

Re: Has ATM Machine Ever Seized Your Card Before? by Cornel88(m): 6:57pm On Jan 08, 2013
liaslo++:

yea, i went to the customer service asap to make complain and i was told that it will be refunded within the next 24hrs, but if its not refunded then i will have to fill form, i went back home. The next day(Wednesday) the money is not yet refunded, i go back to the customer service again and i was given the form to Fill my account details and also the amount that was deducted from my account and again she told me the money will be refunded within another 24hrs.

Yes another 24hr is here again(Thursday), no Alert nothing nothing, i still go back to the Bank again grin and this time she told me that the concerned department is working on it, so i left and on Friday no alert yet, i jus dont even bother myself that day cos me i don tire for them but i decided to go back on monday. just on monday morning i was sent alert that my account has been credit, so i jus chill and my mind kon restttttt cheesy grin *i no fit shout* wink
Oga, op is talkin of 'card' not 'money'.
Re: Has ATM Machine Ever Seized Your Card Before? by obiyor2000: 7:06pm On Jan 08, 2013
One friday evening 3yrs ago 1 babe i ve trying 2 catch jst called me that shes coming 2 owerri 4m Aba & she wants 2 stay with me. Men i jst check my bag noting dy ther, off 2 bank i went after my friend collected it got 2 my turn. D Stupid ATM jst rebooted itself, na so my card jst hanged. D security said d worker has all gone. I lost that runs dat day. D nxt monday i rushed 2 d bank & d guy jst wanted to say d will send it to my branch, i shouted do you know what i missed b/c of ur faulty ATM? D guy didnt wast time he jst gave it to me
Re: Has ATM Machine Ever Seized Your Card Before? by Yvete(f): 7:10pm On Jan 08, 2013
loool @ ATM machines 'seizing' cards. Funny comments here.
Re: Has ATM Machine Ever Seized Your Card Before? by Nobody: 7:13pm On Jan 08, 2013
Anytime i slot my card in a nigerian atm i always pray that it doesn't get stuck
Re: Has ATM Machine Ever Seized Your Card Before? by Karleb(m): 7:29pm On Jan 08, 2013
Suscribing...
Re: Has ATM Machine Ever Seized Your Card Before? by yoged(m): 7:35pm On Jan 08, 2013
Mine happens on phucking friday around 5pm.wanted to withdraw money for the weekend but it wasn't funny the Atm machine swallowed my card. I felt like crying that day. The funny aspect of it , a babe was waiting for my call coz I said am gonna take dem out( with her friend). O boi, as a sharp boi I off my phone ni oooo coz they won't believe my story....
Re: Has ATM Machine Ever Seized Your Card Before? by pryzlez: 7:39pm On Jan 08, 2013
virtuoso01: Yes once and the security man told me to be patient that some bank staff will soon be there.

After waiting for about 10 mins they came with more money to put into the machine. I approached one of them and explained myself to him.

He simply went behind, retrieved some cards, asked my name and gave me my card.

That was several years ago on OAU Campus..

Chartered bank(now stanbic ibtc) atm under oduduwa hall...hope I'm wrong
Re: Has ATM Machine Ever Seized Your Card Before? by AVWENAGHA: 7:43pm On Jan 08, 2013
My own atm na special case oooo but we thankings god ooooo
Re: Has ATM Machine Ever Seized Your Card Before? by habjid(m): 7:51pm On Jan 08, 2013
Yes o, since nov 12 till date i've not been able to retrieve it because dey sd d card has gone to access bank head office and will be sent to my bank (ecobamk).
It is very annoying.
Re: Has ATM Machine Ever Seized Your Card Before? by bamasite(m): 7:52pm On Jan 08, 2013
Well i think my case was very funny. I was attending my date's convocation and i wanted more cash. I decided to withdraw at the campus of her school. I slotted my card and typed the amount i needed only to wait forever and no cash came out. i got so angry and started sweating because i was angry. I kept on pressing cancel and regrets set in. But finally my card came out though very hot. I used another atm there to withdraw. Funny enough something happened there that made me need the cash and it would have been most embarrassing if i did not withdraw the cash.

To learn how to protect yourself from ATM card theft and the methods they use read this post:
https://www.nairaland.com/1014814/how-prevent-fraud-atm-retreive
Re: Has ATM Machine Ever Seized Your Card Before? by Nobody: 7:55pm On Jan 08, 2013
I just dropped by the bank a couple of minutes ago, to get some cash, lo and behold, after sticking in my card and keying in my PIN number, I was taken to the screen where I am to punch in the amount I would want to cash, only to be told that my PIN number was wrong.

After 3-tries, the machine seized my card, and issued me a piece of paper saying: the transaction was declined by your financial institution…..blah, blah, blah. It was then it occurred to me that ‘hey, I didn’t meet anyone withdrawing from the ATM upon my arrival‘….how come? on a Monday afternoon, and at a time when the branch is usually jam-packed? definitely, something was wrong.

My frowning face and I went inside the bank only to meet a lady in charge of the ATM who was not much surprised by my complaint: your ATM has seized my card. i was like wtf! have never been so frustrated like that!
dang!I was given a withdrawal slip with which I made my intended withdrawal, only after raising-my-voice, and putting myself in mode ‘about to explode’.

Re: Has ATM Machine Ever Seized Your Card Before? by vokalguy(m): 7:56pm On Jan 08, 2013
liaslo++:

yea, i went to the customer service asap to make complain and i was told that it will be refunded within the next 24hrs, but if its not refunded then i will have to fill form, i went back home. The next day(Wednesday) the money is not yet refunded, i go back to the customer service again and i was given the form to Fill my account details and also the amount that was deducted from my account and again she told me the money will be refunded within another 24hrs.

Yes another 24hr is here again(Thursday), no Alert nothing nothing, i still go back to the Bank again grin and this time she told me that the concerned department is working on it, so i left and on Friday no alert yet, i jus dont even bother myself that day cos me i don tire for them but i decided to go back on monday. just on monday morning i was sent alert that my account has been credit, so i jus chill and my mind kon restttttt cheesy grin *i no fit shout* wink

Your sir are DUMB
Re: Has ATM Machine Ever Seized Your Card Before? by Redmosquito(m): 8:00pm On Jan 08, 2013
vokal_guy:

Your sir are DUMB
Buhahahahahahahahahaaaa! Wetin d guy do na?
Re: Has ATM Machine Ever Seized Your Card Before? by kaslaw: 8:10pm On Jan 08, 2013
My own case was dat i use keystone bank nd i went 2 eco it seize my 40k i went inside they told me after 24hrs after since den i have even fill form bt up 2 date no show
Re: Has ATM Machine Ever Seized Your Card Before? by wengerjay(m): 8:13pm On Jan 08, 2013
liaslo++:

The topic is 'Has ATM Machine ever seized ur card before?'If it were an examination nko.Kindly score/assess urself.
Re: Has ATM Machine Ever Seized Your Card Before? by klexy04: 8:27pm On Jan 08, 2013
liaslo++:

d thread says card being seized nd nt dispense error
Re: Has ATM Machine Ever Seized Your Card Before? by klexy04: 8:31pm On Jan 08, 2013
gboss4sure: Anytime i slot my card in a nigerian atm i always pray that it doesn't get stuck
lol....I also do d same
Re: Has ATM Machine Ever Seized Your Card Before? by Nobody: 8:36pm On Jan 08, 2013
gboss4sure: Anytime i slot my card in a nigerian atm i always pray that it doesn't get stuck
I swear to God almighty!!! Especially at technical times
Re: Has ATM Machine Ever Seized Your Card Before? by wengerjay(m): 8:37pm On Jan 08, 2013
It happened to me twice.My own story dey different,na me dey give the machine to chop/swallow my card out of excitement.On each occasion,i don dey broke die.Once i was informed that some amount ve been deposited in my account,i wld rush to the nearest ATM,withdraw the wads and forget to remove my card out of excitement.There was a time i had to call one of the numbers pasted beside the machine.It was a weekend,i had to lie to the person in charge dat i was traveling and dropped to withdraw bt unfortunately,my card was swallowed.The staff was so kind dat he came down to retrieve the card.
Re: Has ATM Machine Ever Seized Your Card Before? by calculusx(m): 8:39pm On Jan 08, 2013
Yesterday, my Zenith ATM Card was retained by 1st bank ATM and i couldn't make any withdrawal. Went back to 1st Bank this morning and i was told the card has been sent to Zenith Head office that it will be re-directed to my Zenith Branch. After much complain and argument showing my ID to confirm if im the rightful owner of the Card, the lady told me that is the new procedure,any card retained by their Machine will be sent to the Bank's Head office. Only GOD knows how many days or weeks this would take.
Re: Has ATM Machine Ever Seized Your Card Before? by Nobody: 8:42pm On Jan 08, 2013
Happened to me once, retrieved it in less than 30 mins. I simply went in to customer care and was directed to a teller, he asked me to wait a bit, went to fetch the key and opened the machine. To think this happened in an oceanic bank.
Re: Has ATM Machine Ever Seized Your Card Before? by stylesco: 8:44pm On Jan 08, 2013
I was using a GTB atm to withdraw from my GTB account on a weekend, the atm ceased the card.
I went to the bank on a working day to ask for my card but was surprised when they told me they are going to issue a new card and it willl be deducted from my account .
2k was deducted from my account.
After that day I transfered all my fund to another bank.
GTB=corporate thieves.
Re: Has ATM Machine Ever Seized Your Card Before? by Nobody: 8:56pm On Jan 08, 2013
Mine was at a gtbank branch in ikosi road, oregun. The minute the atm seized my card, I went to make a complaint and fortunately for me, the supervisor who happens to be an old classmate from college told them to help me retrieve my card. The security guy asked for my name at the atm and I showed him my I'd as proof and voila! I got my card. Sometimes I wonder what might have happened if I didn't know someone at that branch? I probably would have gone through unnecessary wahala to get my card back.
ambrosini593: Share the ugly experience you went through in retrieving it
Re: Has ATM Machine Ever Seized Your Card Before? by Nobody: 9:14pm On Jan 08, 2013
It happened to me just lastwik...and I was late for work.the security man called one of d bank officials and I was asked if I had a national identity card.they took it into d banking hall and brought my card back to me.Very simple!
Re: Has ATM Machine Ever Seized Your Card Before? by camcor(m): 9:36pm On Jan 08, 2013
gen2briz: WHY E GO SEIZE MY CARD undecided

JAMB QUESTION NO1 2013
Re: Has ATM Machine Ever Seized Your Card Before? by amacastel: 10:30pm On Jan 08, 2013
habjid: Yes o, since nov 12 till date i've not been able to retrieve it because dey sd d card has gone to access bank head office and will be sent to my bank (ecobamk).
It is very annoying.
. My der mine is d same since 3yrs Zenith bank is waitng 2 send ma ATM 2 UBA headquter 4 dem 2 send ma ATM infact nw am no longer using UBA Atm again
Re: Has ATM Machine Ever Seized Your Card Before? by Nobody: 10:34pm On Jan 08, 2013
NO!
Re: Has ATM Machine Ever Seized Your Card Before? by cecegorz(m): 10:55pm On Jan 08, 2013
style$co:
I was using a GTB atm to withdraw from my GTB account on a weekend, the atm ceased the card.
I went to the bank on a working day to ask for my card but was surprised when they told me they are going to issue a new card and it willl be deducted from my account .
2k was deducted from my account.
After that day I transfered all my fund to another bank.
GTB=corporate thieves.
2k for a Debit Card? Hope you are being factual here. Unless it's a credit card, no debit card is more than 1k in Naija today.
What everybody should always carry along is a photo ID card to help the bank officer confirm you are the rightful owner of the trapped card. Hence you get your card retrieved immediately.
Otherwise, they will send it to your bank and it takes longer time to get back to you.
Re: Has ATM Machine Ever Seized Your Card Before? by Nuzo1(m): 11:45pm On Jan 08, 2013
@Topic

Yes! This evening as a matter of fact.
I really needed a very small amount of money to host a couple of my loyal friends and supporters. sad

Too bad I went to the ATM with a negative mind set. I was like "make this ATM no seize my card when e reach my turn". It did. tongue

(1) (2) (3) (Reply)

Aliko Dangote Hosts Shettima And Lawmakers In Lagos Over IDPs. Photos / Which Good Business Can A Student Start With N25,000? / UBA Bank Plc - Savings Account!.

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 72
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.