Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,151,638 members, 7,813,119 topics. Date: Tuesday, 30 April 2024 at 07:23 AM

FG Fuel Subsidy Account Empty - Politics (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / FG Fuel Subsidy Account Empty (6761 Views)

Fuel Subsidy To Go Next Year. FG To Sell Petrol At 97 / FG, Fuel Marketers Agree To End Fuel Scarcity Next Week. / Fuel Subsidy To Go Next Year- Sanusi (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: FG Fuel Subsidy Account Empty by Sunnycliff(m): 10:22am On Jan 08, 2013
well sha no b new tin. Am hungry, sipin a botle of alomo biters with dodo
Re: FG Fuel Subsidy Account Empty by jmaine: 10:30am On Jan 08, 2013
We took it to the CBN but we were surprised at what happened. They told us that the subsidy account has not been credited because the N161bn has not been converted to cash by the ministry of finance.

What's all the noise on this thread about . . . .A simple and straight forward reason was given . . . .
Re: FG Fuel Subsidy Account Empty by ubong560(m): 10:30am On Jan 08, 2013
Jesus Christ of Idumota hmmm sorry Nazareth abi na Jerusalem? No be that account Labaran Maku been dey spew thrash de tell us say evry Nigerian go dey carry him eyes dey look evry N1 wey dey inside de account? How com no N1 com dey d account again. E be like we go re-kidnap Ngozi's mother to collect our share. Abi na Gej mamma we 4 kidnap.

If i am on my 80s, i wil surprise bt as i dey my 20s, i no fit surprise ova dis kind news. No be Naija we dey? Land of the devils!!!
Re: FG Fuel Subsidy Account Empty by mrman2(m): 10:35am On Jan 08, 2013
Okija_juju: We want to see the statement of account and Passbook!... angry
lol
Re: FG Fuel Subsidy Account Empty by taharqa: 10:39am On Jan 08, 2013
take dat: The N161billion na Christmas bonus to GEJ and his gang of thieves
Guy you usuali strive to undastad articles b4 commenting; surprisd that you didnt do same today... From d article the money is NOT missing nor was it Stolen nor is d account actuali 'empty'; the money has just not been CASH BACKED, period. That is simply a financial accounting term signifying that actual cash has not bn paid to an account by d paying authority (in dis case, d Finance Minister and d Accountant General Office) even afta d authorising approvals and instruments hv bn given. It is a usual Budgetary pattern.... This was just a Sensationalist HEADLINE , read d body of d article more carefully again
Re: FG Fuel Subsidy Account Empty by Tintinix: 10:47am On Jan 08, 2013
Hmm! I read this post and then the comments and i marvel how poeple reach the conclusions they have reached in the blame Game!
GEJ has done his bit sent it to the senate for approval, he should work the work of others join?!
Money that has not been released should be found in GEJ's son's stomach? Or has been fritted away by NOI? How Ignorant!

People what if for the sake of assumptions that there are indeed processess to be observed before the release of these funds, (what if!), what if these were impacted by the yuletide period (what if!), abi most of una no go leave?

Work usually grinds or gets done much slowly this period due to human resources and availability and then all these people speaking anonymously.....
Re: FG Fuel Subsidy Account Empty by takedat(m): 10:51am On Jan 08, 2013
taharqa: Guy you usuali strive to undastad articles b4 commenting; surprisd that you didnt do same today... From d article the money is NOT missing nor was it Stolen nor is d account actuali 'empty'; the money has just not been CASH BACKED, period. That is simply a financial accounting term signifying that actual cash has not bn paid to an account by d paying authority (in dis case, d Finance Minister and d Accountant General Office) even afta d authorising approvals and instruments hv bn given. It is a usual Budgetary pattern.... This was just a Sensationalist HEADLINE , read d body of d article more carefully again
Friend, the government brought all the suspicion upon itself cos when government knew it would take time for it to cash back the supplementary budget or before converting it to Naira, why was the government in a hurry to present a supplementary budget in december when it could have simply added the said amount to what was appropriated for 2013 subsidy before the 2013 budget was passed?
This same government through NNPC was said to have borrowed almost $2billion to pay fuel importers the same december N161billion was passed.

uk.mobile.reuters.com/article/idUKL5E9C798R20130107?irpc=932
Re: FG Fuel Subsidy Account Empty by Tintinix: 10:58am On Jan 08, 2013
taharqa: Guy you usuali strive to undastad articles b4 commenting; surprisd that you didnt do same today... From d article the money is NOT missing nor was it Stolen nor is d account actuali 'empty'; the money has just not been CASH BACKED, period. That is simply a financial accounting term signifying that actual cash has not bn paid to an account by d paying authority (in dis case, d Finance Minister and d Accountant General Office) even afta d authorising approvals and instruments hv bn given. It is a usual Budgetary pattern.... This was just a Sensationalist HEADLINE , read d body of d article more carefully again

God bless you!
Re: FG Fuel Subsidy Account Empty by Tolexander: 11:01am On Jan 08, 2013
jmaine:

What's all the noise on this thread about . . . .A simple and straight forward reason was given . . . .
stay there and be anticipating when it is going to be converted to cash!
What was the fate of those ones they converted to cash? Why can't we shout now until the account is sidelined siphoning it to another account.
Re: FG Fuel Subsidy Account Empty by lacasa: 11:02am On Jan 08, 2013
All i can say is ..FRESH AIR wink
Re: FG Fuel Subsidy Account Empty by dady12: 11:13am On Jan 08, 2013
after 161b of supplimentary cash was approved there were indication that the subsidy account still remain empty,the question is where or which pocket did that money gone to?where is EFCC?are they just for after silver and ibori alone?i am happy that this is the year of the wicked, more plane clash,road accident,hiv and incurable diseases,we are watching because vageances is for God
Re: FG Fuel Subsidy Account Empty by mmmustapha(m): 12:00pm On Jan 08, 2013
grin grin grin grin our money just keep disappearing. Dis is Govt of d Thieves,By d thieves 4 d thieves. We should suffer 2getther,jonathan till 2019
Re: FG Fuel Subsidy Account Empty by dabrake(m): 12:06pm On Jan 08, 2013
Sincere 9jerian, you are needed here
Re: FG Fuel Subsidy Account Empty by timpaker(m): 12:27pm On Jan 08, 2013
all i can say to this news is "lol" grin grin
Re: FG Fuel Subsidy Account Empty by aglomar: 12:28pm On Jan 08, 2013
We definitely need more prisons, no, gallows for thses people.
Re: FG Fuel Subsidy Account Empty by lovabouy(m): 12:46pm On Jan 08, 2013
Very painfull Everyday we here of billions yet at end nothing to show 4 it angry

.pls scroll down cos i dey vex

If them no repent thunder go fire them.

Repent or Die by fire angry angry
Re: FG Fuel Subsidy Account Empty by mkoabiola: 1:07pm On Jan 08, 2013
JOna 4 2nd term.
Carry on d good work abeg.
Re: FG Fuel Subsidy Account Empty by 1025: 1:21pm On Jan 08, 2013
with the kind of big belle in the first family, any amount of money can be wasted on foods alone.
Re: FG Fuel Subsidy Account Empty by Omen100(m): 2:01pm On Jan 08, 2013
Billyonaire: The Subsidy Account at CBN has not been credited and they go to press ? All these years that Marketers have been robbing this country, did they go to press ? When they receive the money eventually will they go to press ? I am of the notion that subsidy should be removed 100%. N161b is enough to transform my village to New York within 1 yr and thats what is going to tbe paid to thesee disloyal marketers and the cash will find its way our of the borders.

and yet all the oil producing states has received almost a total of $100b within the last 13years & there are nothing to show for it.

Re: FG Fuel Subsidy Account Empty by Omen100(m): 2:11pm On Jan 08, 2013
Tintinix: Hmm! I read this post and then the comments and i marvel how poeple reach the conclusions they have reached in the blame Game!
GEJ has done his bit sent it to the senate for approval, he should work the work of others join?!
Money that has not been released should be found in GEJ's son's stomach? Or has been fritted away by NOI? How Ignorant!

People what if for the sake of assumptions that there are indeed processess to be observed before the release of these funds, (what if!), what if these were impacted by the yuletide period (what if!), abi most of una no go leave?

Work usually grinds or gets done much slowly this period due to human resources and availability and then all these people speaking anonymously.....

mr. man or mrs. woman, no time 4 long tori joor, our people make parable say "anytime wey somebody wey snake don bite see rope 4 ground 4 nite, na run e go run". this is to say that Nigerians don't trust their leaders, which i will say is a bad omen.

Re: FG Fuel Subsidy Account Empty by Sunnybobo3(m): 2:52pm On Jan 08, 2013
SUBSIDY PAYMENTS: FINANCE MINISTRY RELEASES N161 BILLION TO CBN

FEDERAL MINISTRY OF FINANCE

News Release. January 8, 2013

The Coordinating Minister for the Economy and Minister of Finance, Dr Ngozi Okonjo-Iweala has refuted media reports which allege that the Federal Ministry of Finance is blocking verified payments to marketers.

According to the Minister, the Finance Ministry made the N161.6 billion supplementary budget for subsidy payments which had been approved by the National Assembly available to the Central Bank of Nigeria since December 31, 2012.

The payments are presently going through the CBN’s processes which include the conversion of the dollar equivalent from the Excess Crude Account and will be concluded soon.

She confirmed that payments totalling N94 billion have been verified for 23 marketers who will be paid in the next few days.

“We are committed to paying all companies who deserve to get subsidy payments just as we will not pay undeserving firms. That is the mandate we have from the President”, Dr Okonjo-Iweala declared.

Paul C Nwabuikwu
Special Adviser to the Coordinating Minister for the Economy and Minister of Finance
Re: FG Fuel Subsidy Account Empty by jmaine: 3:08pm On Jan 08, 2013
Tolexander: stay there and be anticipating when it is going to be converted to cash!
What was the fate of those ones they converted to cash? Why can't we shout now until the account is sidelined siphoning it to another account.

Lesson No 1 : - No amount of baseless screams and yelling can move or change any thing . . . .

Lesson No 2 : - Endeavor to always digest articles and stories before assaulting the reply button

Thanks....
Re: FG Fuel Subsidy Account Empty by Onyenna(m): 4:16pm On Jan 08, 2013
Wtf!!!!!
Re: FG Fuel Subsidy Account Empty by Tolexander: 9:27pm On Jan 08, 2013
jmaine:

Lesson No 1 : - No amount of baseless screams and yelling can move or change any thing . . . .

Lesson No 2 : - Endeavor to always digest articles and stories before assaulting the reply button

Thanks....
final lesson! Mind you, response to a comment needs additional sense of reasoning and not just application of phalengial digits, i.e always apply the frontal and cerebral lobes of ur cerebral hemispheres before quoting.
Re: FG Fuel Subsidy Account Empty by muktarmtt(m): 1:21pm On Jan 09, 2013
na_joke: [/s]

u see the highlighted.....it is not the marketers that came up with that amount,na ur oga send the amount to National assembly to approve. You shld be askn how did your oga come up with such amount that can transform ya village to pay as you said "disloyal" marketer.

hmmmmmm.......this ur statement makes me think of the RETARDEEN'S THEORY
Actualy. He's d one.

(1) (2) (Reply)

Bode George Appointed To PDP BoT Panel / Aerial Drone Capture Of Ongoing Nigeria Railway Project - Jere Station / Prince Arthur Eze Sprays Bride And Groom With Bundles Of Cash - Pics

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 43
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.