Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,151,130 members, 7,811,193 topics. Date: Sunday, 28 April 2024 at 05:55 AM

What Were Your Childhood Dreams And Have You Lived Up To Them? - Career (5) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Career / What Were Your Childhood Dreams And Have You Lived Up To Them? (21179 Views)

Rate This Little Boy's Dreams And Aspiration (photo) / This Roadside Barber Dreams Of Becoming A Marine Technology Graduate / Common Habits That Prevents You From Accomplishing Your Dreams (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: What Were Your Childhood Dreams And Have You Lived Up To Them? by JustCalMeDBoss(m): 10:56pm On Mar 15, 2016
My dreams ran away from me. Now am the guy u refer to as his dreams NEVA came true.
Re: What Were Your Childhood Dreams And Have You Lived Up To Them? by gunpoint(m): 10:59pm On Mar 15, 2016
GrammarNazi:

Whoever you are, God bless you. Your comment literally got me rolling on the floor; especially the part about the job being like space cos it creates a huge void in your life. cheesy

I'm sure a million and one science graduate bankers otit there can relate
My dear, its been quite a ride, but i survived with all my limbs. You work in a bank now?
Re: What Were Your Childhood Dreams And Have You Lived Up To Them? by gunpoint(m): 11:01pm On Mar 15, 2016
emini123:
Earn 1k every 3days

register and verify your account after ur verification has been approved you can withdraw 1k instantly

http://www.mnr.com.ng/RegisterC.aspx?rid=7516

see the screen shot
Scam was your own childhood dream?

2 Likes

Re: What Were Your Childhood Dreams And Have You Lived Up To Them? by Nobody: 11:03pm On Mar 15, 2016
When I was young, I wanted to be anything that will get me out of poverty. I detest poverty. Well, now I am working in a bank and out of poverty but I want to be wealthy

1 Like

Re: What Were Your Childhood Dreams And Have You Lived Up To Them? by colosa: 11:07pm On Mar 15, 2016
smiley wink
Re: What Were Your Childhood Dreams And Have You Lived Up To Them? by Nobody: 11:07pm On Mar 15, 2016
JoeCutie:
undecided undecided undecided

Lolz, what did I do na??
embarassed
Re: What Were Your Childhood Dreams And Have You Lived Up To Them? by JoeCutie(m): 11:21pm On Mar 15, 2016
Ebayray:

Lolz, what did I do na??

embarassed
From when you were a kid, you'd always wanted to be a lawyer eh kwa, Ebere? Which kain kid you come be sef? Was it not all of us that wanted to be lawyers before they told us that lawyers are Lai Mohammeds, that they are buried faced down and na hell faya straight dem dey go. So you didn't hear any of this story?

Well, I don forget say you be yesterday pikin. Dem fit born you 2001 sef
. lipsrsealed
Re: What Were Your Childhood Dreams And Have You Lived Up To Them? by Nobody: 11:40pm On Mar 15, 2016
Joygalore:
To become a medical doctor and I am grateful to God and my parents the dream came to pass.
that's nice congrats

1 Like 1 Share

Re: What Were Your Childhood Dreams And Have You Lived Up To Them? by paooxide(m): 11:42pm On Mar 15, 2016
Realone92:
I wanted to be a soccer star. But crayfish bend at the long run .....I used to play for Pepsi football academy ..,,,,,well life leaves us. with a coin for us to toss and live with the choice we have .....

You should have chosen complete sports instead .... Lol

No offence boss

1 Like

Re: What Were Your Childhood Dreams And Have You Lived Up To Them? by brizzybrizzz(m): 12:25am On Mar 16, 2016
Had Always wanted to be a pro footballer all my life infact the first words I pronounced as a child was Roberto baggio a legendary Italian footballer, still going to reignite my dreams once I'm true with nysc.
Re: What Were Your Childhood Dreams And Have You Lived Up To Them? by genjutsu(m): 1:57am On Mar 16, 2016
I had always wanted to be many good things.
Dreamt of being:
A pastor,
A doctor,
An actor,
A computer scientist and
The UN Secretary General. smiley

Those days came and have gone, but here I'm with time's clock, still wondering what tomorrow shall be.

I'm partially two. I thank God because better isn't good enough the best is yet to come.
Re: What Were Your Childhood Dreams And Have You Lived Up To Them? by Seeeeeeee: 3:31am On Mar 16, 2016
mixter:

We are in the same boat. Just that I moved up a bit by converting waste to cooking gas and also electricity. But to be honest, as sponsor are not readily available for me to expand. I am about to diversify to go and make some money and later invest and commercialize it. So help me God fulfill my dream.
Thats Good, how did you go about that?
Re: What Were Your Childhood Dreams And Have You Lived Up To Them? by larion: 4:19am On Mar 16, 2016
Wallie:

Stop ke? I dey enjoy your explanation! How does OFDMA work and how is it different from HSPA+? grin

Lol. You can shift it to the telecommunications professionals zone thread on the career section, make we nor go derail this thread... wink

HSPA+ is same as 3G, just advanced with few features so its referred to as 3.75G, OFDMA allocates time, freq and resources in sync.
Re: What Were Your Childhood Dreams And Have You Lived Up To Them? by obajay: 6:04am On Mar 16, 2016
Childhood dream was to become an engineer and my love for physics <electricity, magnetism nd all dose stuffz> pushed me to elect.engr. I am leaving to my dream of working on Speedtronic controls for Turbines. I am like a neurosurgeon here cos we deal wit d brain of a gas turbine. We rock. All for God though.

1 Like

Re: What Were Your Childhood Dreams And Have You Lived Up To Them? by Unluvable(f): 6:43am On Mar 16, 2016
gunpoint:

Funny but that was my life at the time.
Your moniker tho, why?

You won't believe when I say I totally understand and I am indirectly laughing at myself.....

I'm still figuring out the moniker smiley
Re: What Were Your Childhood Dreams And Have You Lived Up To Them? by charisma640: 6:46am On Mar 16, 2016
my dream was to become a human rights activists but end up become interior designer in kind of furniture making though happy wit it shall
Re: What Were Your Childhood Dreams And Have You Lived Up To Them? by lordfalcao(m): 6:48am On Mar 16, 2016
rejoicebae:
Wanted to be a nurse buh now studyn biochemistry,,jamb shaa
what school is that?
Re: What Were Your Childhood Dreams And Have You Lived Up To Them? by NiRfreak(m): 7:33am On Mar 16, 2016
Thavybe:
i once dreamt of becoming a footballer, few years later it changed, then i started craving for music. It got to a point, i decided i wasn't going to pursue the latter anymore and decided i'ld rather focus on becoming an artist (Sketches, drawings, paintings, etc). A more matured me started loving finance, so i changed from pursuing a career in artistry to studying accounting After my university, i came to realise art is my thing so i learnt photography.

I have this feeling i'll crave for something else after photography.
Are u a gemini?...they av multiple interests
Re: What Were Your Childhood Dreams And Have You Lived Up To Them? by Samscofield: 7:34am On Mar 16, 2016
A Mechanical engineer. I have achieved that eight years ago. But without a tangible practicing venture due to the "Nigerian factor". I am now into my second passion which is imparting knowledge to the younger generation of "dreamers".
Re: What Were Your Childhood Dreams And Have You Lived Up To Them? by encryptjay(m): 7:36am On Mar 16, 2016
DPricey1:
I wanted to be a newscaster, I've studied communication arts. I'm awaiting NYSC.
Watching Cyril Stober still broadcast news made me conclude there's no hope for youths in the broadcast media
Hehehehe... That man has refused to retire. NTA loves old stuffs though.

1 Like

Re: What Were Your Childhood Dreams And Have You Lived Up To Them? by BobUg28(m): 7:54am On Mar 16, 2016
Hahah! Imagine how our dreams usually flies with time , When I was a kid, I had always wished to be an Engineer who will work with multinational companies, cos of the flair I have for mathematics and some other core arithmetic subjects. Those dreams were shattered away when I grew and find out the wherewithal was far-reaching to pursue my dreams.

Re: What Were Your Childhood Dreams And Have You Lived Up To Them? by Nobody: 7:57am On Mar 16, 2016
gunpoint:

My dear, its been quite a ride, but i survived with all my limbs. You work in a bank now?

Err...No Sir; I value my sanity too much to risk putting it on the line, working in a bank cry
I once worked with one of the Big 4 Audit firms though. Right now, I just do my thing wink
Re: What Were Your Childhood Dreams And Have You Lived Up To Them? by Nobody: 8:00am On Mar 16, 2016
NiRfreak:
Are u a gemini?...they av multiple interests
Unfortunately, i am taurus. do you believe in all those BS? me i don't o.
Re: What Were Your Childhood Dreams And Have You Lived Up To Them? by NiRfreak(m): 8:16am On Mar 16, 2016
JustCalMeDBoss:
My dreams ran away from me. Now am the guy u refer to as his dreams NEVA came true.
U dnt av to be negative bro.
Re: What Were Your Childhood Dreams And Have You Lived Up To Them? by dualsurvey: 8:45am On Mar 16, 2016
Thavybe:
i once dreamt of becoming a footballer, few years later it changed, then i started craving for music. It got to a point, i decided i wasn't going to pursue the latter anymore and decided i'ld rather focus on becoming an artist (Sketches, drawings, paintings, etc). A more matured me started loving finance, so i changed from pursuing a career in artistry to studying accounting After my university, i came to realise art is my thing so i learnt photography.

I have this feeling i'll crave for something else after photography.
Hmmmn! I guess there's problem somewhere. U should look inward and stick to the one u have passion for, the one that makes u happy the most. Dnt be jack of all trades, dont look @ d level of economic returns each of them will fetch. The lord will see u thru.
Re: What Were Your Childhood Dreams And Have You Lived Up To Them? by fatymore(f): 8:47am On Mar 16, 2016
yungchop:
forestry grin
na lie
Re: What Were Your Childhood Dreams And Have You Lived Up To Them? by dualsurvey: 8:48am On Mar 16, 2016
larion:
I always wanted to be a telecommunications engineer. Always fascinated about how a device in Nigeria with communicate with another in France, I just wanted to know what's up.

Lost a year in the uni, pursued and pursued..... Wasn't so brilliant but very intelligent....fast forward to today. E don happened.

I have conquered in my very short career time, I can explain how this devices do connect, even in depts that are not mine. I am actually fully involved.

There was a time every call drop, no internet, poor service for one of the top operators in northern Nigeria on 3G was my issue to solve, in the same little time, i transfered my skills outside Nigeria to consult independently..... Boom! my childhood dream was a hit back to back....lol. If you believe and work at it putting God first, you can do it too.

Now my first son will surely have no choice than to follow this line, did I mention I got mine from my dad, so it must be passed on.
No, let ur son follow his heart.
Re: What Were Your Childhood Dreams And Have You Lived Up To Them? by praevia: 9:03am On Mar 16, 2016
Wanted to be an aeronautical engineer but ended up as a medical doctor
Re: What Were Your Childhood Dreams And Have You Lived Up To Them? by fatymore(f): 9:14am On Mar 16, 2016
My dream is to become A good wife to my Husband..A good Mother to my Children...a good daughter to My Mum and a Good sister to my Siblings...No matter the career...Just wanna b a responsible Woman...And Finally a well.known person...

1 Like

Re: What Were Your Childhood Dreams And Have You Lived Up To Them? by Nobody: 9:19am On Mar 16, 2016
JoeCutie:
From when you were a kid, you'd always wanted to be a lawyer eh kwa, Ebere? Which kain kid you come be sef? Was it not all of us that wanted to be lawyers before they told us that lawyers are Lai Mohammeds, that they are buried faced down and na hell faya straight dem dey go. So you didn't hear any of this story?

Well, I don forget say you be yesterday pikin. Dem fit born you 2001 sef
. lipsrsealed

Lmao @ Lai Mohammed grin grin grin grin grin.

True tho bt I like trying things people tell me not to do. tongue.
I also had a flair for Computer Engineering bt Law encompassed it! cheesy.
Wow, so u wanted Law too, is that why you switched to Philosophy or uniben gave you shocked shocked.

Lol, am not born 2001 oo. Haba!
smiley

1 Like 1 Share

Re: What Were Your Childhood Dreams And Have You Lived Up To Them? by JoeCutie(m): 9:24am On Mar 16, 2016
Ebayray:

Lmao @ Lai Mohammed grin grin grin grin grin.

True tho bt I like trying things people tell me not to do. tongue.
I also had a flair for Computer Engineering bt Law encompassed it! cheesy.
Wow, so u wanted Law too, is that why you switched to Philosophy or uniben gave you shocked shocked.

Lol, am not born 2001 oo. Haba!My dear na Uniben gimme Phil oh. I applied for Pol. Science, dem come carry me all the way from social sciences to Arts. Imagine! No be small travel I do oh. cheesy

I wanted to study something that'd give me the chance to argue for people and help them. I had my eyes in Politics, but...not late sha. grin And I somehow liked Philosophy sha cos it exposed my knowledge to a whole lot of things.

Okay, if you weren't born in 2001, when were you born then
? tongue
smiley
Re: What Were Your Childhood Dreams And Have You Lived Up To Them? by amagzy: 9:27am On Mar 16, 2016
ortopazz:
Listening to a rhythm 97.radio programme,, kids were being interviewed and it came to this part, what do u want to be when u grow up? The four of them their answers,..
1. lawyer (defend my cun3ri)
2. doctor (help people)
3. soldier (defend the DIGNITY of my cun3ri, cudnt stop loling)
4. banker..... Cnt remember the reason

Then I remembered mine. A young Black boy with dreams of wanting to find the cure of Aids, nt until my Maths teacher made me h8 Maths so bad that i dropped without a 2nd thought, then I asked my brother, he blurted out 'banker' i cudnt stop laughing when I remembered that my bros and anything arithmetrics were enemies...

So people, what were those glorified childhood dreams of yours and how many actually made them happily ever after.

It has always being my dream to be a Lawyer as well as get to the pick of this profession. To the Glory of God, I made it, as a matter of fact, I'm typing this message from the Courtroom. And I believe that God is not done with me yet. please don't give up on ur dreams and don't stop dreaming.

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (Reply)

Top 10 Litigation Law Firms In Nigeria 2017 - Law Repository / Institute Of Public Analysts Of Nigeria (IPAN); Let's Meet Here / Why Do Ladies Dominate The Banking Sector...?

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 46
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.