Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,741 members, 7,817,049 topics. Date: Saturday, 04 May 2024 at 01:00 AM

How Many Wife Can You Marry? - Religion - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / How Many Wife Can You Marry? (643 Views)

Why Wouldn't You Marry A Sister From Your Church? / Will You Marry An Atheist? / Can You Marry Someone Who Doesn't Believe In God? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

How Many Wife Can You Marry? by memud6: 8:11am On Jan 09, 2013
Nowadays ladies dont want there husband to marry 2,3,4 wives why? although many families has been destroyed due to the husband marrying many wives.i think the Quran and Bible says women should respect and follow the will of there husband.According to the Quran and Bible is it a sin for Husbands to marry wives?
Re: How Many Wife Can You Marry? by OkikiOluwa1(m): 8:54am On Jan 09, 2013
One wife.
Marry many wives & get divided attentions. The war btw wives is the toughest.
Re: How Many Wife Can You Marry? by God2man(m): 12:03pm On Jan 09, 2013
See this thread, www.nairaland.com/964807/consequences-polygamy

God bless you.

God2man.
Re: How Many Wife Can You Marry? by PAGAN9JA(m): 12:07pm On Jan 09, 2013
depends on how many cows I have. . undecided
Re: How Many Wife Can You Marry? by enilove(m): 12:12am On Jan 10, 2013
When God created the earth and placed Adam in the garden of Eden,God created only Eve as his wife and helper.God did not create 2 women for Adam from the biginning of creation.You can not see it written in the bible where God gave the instruction to marry more than one wife.
It was man's personal wish that made them to be marrying many wives including some prophets be4
Jesus christ.In mathew 19:4-9 Jesus came and gave us the rule as it were in the past.Also in 1Timithy 3:2, it talks about one man one woman.If you marry more than one wife you may be puting your life and the lives of your children in danger .Polygamy never yiels anything good but strifes.God can not be a confusionist.He can not say "one" to mr A today and on the same issue tell mr B that it is "Two".
muhammed says men can marry more than one wife if the man would love them equally.But I as a person will not take to the quran on the fact that in Sura 4 :34 it says that a man can beat his wife.If I were to follow the Islam it means i can also marry 9 years old girl even if am 54 years old, as the case of muhammed and Aisha.
In summary ,do not marry more than one wife and keep no girl freind so that you dont end your life in hell fire.
Re: How Many Wife Can You Marry? by F00028: 8:48am On Jan 10, 2013
enilove: You can not see it written in the bible where God gave the instruction to marry more than one wife.
It was man's personal wish that made them to be marrying many wives including some prophets be4
Jesus christ

if their 'personal wish' was dangerous to them and against God's design why didn't He caution them? undecided
they were prophets for heaven's sake!

enilove:
muhammed says men can marry more than one wife if the man would love them equally.

liar, liar!
God's last prophet never said that.
Re: How Many Wife Can You Marry? by mumumugu(m): 8:53am On Jan 10, 2013
As many as posible
Re: How Many Wife Can You Marry? by enilove(m): 12:32pm On Jan 10, 2013
I am not a liar.The bible says we should seek peace with all men.I would not call you a liar even if you delibrately lie but would rather tell you that you are wrong.moreover,if the quran says something one can as well say muhammed said it .He was the person that said god gave him the quran.In sura 4:3 and also in sura 4:129.these verses talks about fair treatment among your wives.If muhammed married more than 10 wives why cant we also expect his followers to do the same.We believe that one who is a leader should live by example.
It is Muhammed that claimed he was the last prophet not God Almighty because a prophet is one that receives messages from God for the help of the people.Prophecy is a spiritual gift from God to any man who is walking according to His will.
what I mean is that if somebody that calls himself a pastor or bishop can marry a 9 years old as wife after about 10 wives and at the age of 50 something years, I would never believe such a person as a representative of God no matter what he call himself.That is why I do not believe that God could also say one can marry more than one wife as stipulated in the quran.Also in the biginning God created only Adam and Eve.
Re: How Many Wife Can You Marry? by F00028: 1:18pm On Jan 10, 2013
enilove: I am not a liar.The bible says we should seek peace with all men.I would not call you a liar even if you delibrately lie...
but you see nothing wrong in slandering a man that muslims revere. that's seeking peace?

when God laid the final injunction limiting the number of wives to 4, the Prophet couldn't divorce the rest because if the did no one else would marry them. God had declared them as mothers of the believers and we dont marry our mothers.

F00028:
if their 'personal wish' was dangerous to them and against God's design why didn't He caution them? undecided
they were prophets for heaven's sake!

(1) (Reply)

Image Of God And The Plurality Of God / Paying The Prayer Debt / Pastor Adeboye Plant Parishes Within 5 Minutes Walk In Every City

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 17
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.