Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,151,968 members, 7,814,265 topics. Date: Wednesday, 01 May 2024 at 10:11 AM

The Oscars: 2008 - TV/Movies (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / TV/Movies / The Oscars: 2008 (3036 Views)

Congolese Actress, Rachel Mwanza To Represent Africa At The Oscars 2013 / The Oscars, 2010 Live Coverage And Results / The Oscars 2007 (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: The Oscars: 2008 by iice(f): 4:25pm On Mar 04, 2008
ayinbaba:

please, do anybody knows d basics of academy awards nominations? is it based on film sale, critics, viewer"s opinion or some selected sets of people.

Members of the academy vote after making sure to have viewed the movies. . .and it gets narrowed down to the five nominations we have in a each category.

@Justkunmi,
Yeah well i would have liked sweeney todd to have won for cinematography too tongue
Braveheart won the best picture right. . .it's action-like right lol
Re: The Oscars: 2008 by Dreloaded(f): 4:29pm On Mar 04, 2008
justkunmi:

Maybe to overcome that dilemma, they should try to create categories like Best Action movie., Best Triller, Best Horror and the likes. . .and then the so called [b]serious movies can go with the overall best movie. .[/b]

Like I said, you have MTV Movie Awards for those kind of unnecessary awards. wink

Departed was an "action" movie and it was nominated wasnt it? It also WON best picture. It's the movie that FINALLY gave Scorcese his Oscar so I dont get the complaints.
Re: The Oscars: 2008 by justkunmi(m): 4:50pm On Mar 04, 2008
iice
sweeny todd was good. . .but 300 was better. .you know that. grin

and on braveheart. . .well. . wink

D-Reloaded
MTV saw it was impossible to fairly judge movies since they are set on different themes. . .thus it created the unnecessary categories. and movies are judged based on the particular theme it is set. .
so of all the action movies last year. . .this was the best. And of all the serious, sober, serious, deep. . grin cheesy grin movies last year, this was the best. .
You get the picture. .

Imagine the Grammy awards without Best Pop, Best RnB, Best Rock, Best Rap. . . .
They just say, Best Song. . .Yanni Live at the Acropolis grin grin

anyways, when is the MTV Movie Awards wink
Re: The Oscars: 2008 by Dreloaded(f): 5:54pm On Mar 04, 2008
They show that crap in the summer tongue

No Country for Old Men was quite an "action" movie on its own. You'd know that if you actually watched it. Just because it wasnt covered from head to toe with CGI with idiotic cliche dialogue like most summer blockbuster doesnt stop it from being what it was. An ENTERTAINING movie

Thete is NO horror movie villan of last year/last few years that can rival the villan known as Anton Chigurh in No Country for Old Men and it wasnt even a horror movie!

Ok Friendo? Rofl
Re: The Oscars: 2008 by justkunmi(m): 10:21am On Mar 05, 2008
Can you imagine. .
I havent actually seen NCFOM. , just saw like 10 minutes or so when the guy went back to give the dying man some help. .
Would see it this week anyways. . .
But from the 10 mins I saw, it wasn't at all in CGI grin grin cheesy
Would surely see it. Then wen I do I'ld be here to give you some flaws. . grin if I find any. . . wink
Re: The Oscars: 2008 by iice(f): 12:00pm On Mar 05, 2008
D-reloaded:

Thete is NO horror movie villan of last year/last few years that can rival the villan known as Anton Chigurh

Gbam!
Re: The Oscars: 2008 by icezik1(m): 5:26pm On Mar 12, 2008
Transformers was nominated for 2 awards , i can't remember which ones , but Bourne Ultimatum picked up the awards for very mysterious reasons or maybe they dislike CGI in the Oscars

P.S: I think it was special effects or stunts or something to do with editing go check Oscar.com for details.
Re: The Oscars: 2008 by spikedcylinder: 5:05pm On Mar 14, 2008
I havent seen any of the movies but i was just rooting for Daniel Day Lewis! I luuuuuuuuuuuurve him!!!
Re: The Oscars: 2008 by justkunmi(m): 1:57pm On Mar 15, 2008
spikedcylinder
try see Assassination of Jesse James. . its reali good.
its Better than No Country for Old Men IMHO. .

And Michael Clayton was also nice.

(1) (2) (Reply)

Best Comedy Show / Worst Actors Or Actresses In Nollywood / "It's Brrrr On The Coke Side Of Life" Advert.

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 18
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.