Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,154,193 members, 7,822,015 topics. Date: Thursday, 09 May 2024 at 01:36 AM

Obasanjo Is Confused And Unstable - Abati - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Obasanjo Is Confused And Unstable - Abati (14569 Views)

Obasanjo Is An Embarrassment To The Military - Nigeria Defence HQ / Soludo Is Confused, Has Lost Touch With Reality- Fani Kayode / Obasanjo Is A Good Farmer But A Bad Economist - Sanusi (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply) (Go Down)

Obasanjo Is Confused And Unstable - Abati by dotcomnamename: 2:41pm On Jan 09, 2013
President Goodluck Jonathan has again lashed out at ex-President Olusegun Obasanjo, describing him as a confused man unstable in his views regarding government’s handing of the protracted Boko Haram insurgency.

Mr. Jonathan, who spoke through his spokesperson, Reuben Abati, was reacting to Mr. Obasanjo’s comment in a CNN interview that the president had been deploying excessive force and exploring little or no dialogue in solving the Boko Haram problem.

“To deal with a group like that, you need a carrot and stick. The carrot is finding out how to reach out to them. When you try to reach out to them and they are not amenable to being reached out to, you have to use the stick,” Mr. Obasanjo reportedly said.

An apparently angry Mr. Abati took to Twitter early this morning deploring the former president’s comment and labeling him a confused man whose counsel or view the government does not care about.

In four different tweets this morning, the presidential spokesperson said, “In Nov. 2012 in Warri, fmr Prez. Obasanjo accused federal govt of being soft on Boko Haram. He recommended the Odi solution: genocide.

“In Jan.2013, OBJ tells CNN Govt shd adopt a carrot and stick approach to Boko Haram. Genocide & dialogue? Where exactly does he stand?

“OBJ’s position on Boko Haram= Contradiction and Confusion writ large.

“One report says OBJ is recommending a multifaceted approach to Boko Haram. This govt certainly doesn’t need a lecture on that!

“Jonathan administration has shown creativity & purposefulness in handling the BH challenge. Hence, the progress we witness.”

Mr. Obasanjo first angered Mr. Jonathan after he suggested that the president appeared a weak leader given the way he was handling the security challenges facing the country.

In his comment, the former President reminded the nation of how he directed security agencies to invade Odi, Rivers State, to fish out militants who killed some security men during his tenure.

An angry Mr. Jonathan however hit back at Mr. Obasanjo during his last media chat, saying the Odi invasion Mr. Obasanjo boasted about did not solve the problem but only ended up shedding the blood of the innocent.

Since then, elements loyal to the two men within the party have engaged one another in a war of words, and the national leadership of the party has been desperate for a reconciliation.

But when a peace team, led by party chairman Bamanga Tukur, visited the ex-President in his Ota farm on December 15, Mr. Obasanjo insisted he would continue to comment on national issues whenever necessary not minding whose ox is gored.

http://premiumtimesng.com/news/114363-jonathan-attacks-obasanjo-again-says-ex-president-is-confused-unstable.html
Re: Obasanjo Is Confused And Unstable - Abati by seanet01: 3:24pm On Jan 09, 2013
Jonathan you are chewing more than you can chew.
Abati the attack dog,
Aimose Ko Omorogun Lo je ki oti ori bo omi gbona
Re: Obasanjo Is Confused And Unstable - Abati by ballabriggs: 3:48pm On Jan 09, 2013
dotcom_na_me_na_me:
“In Jan.2013, OBJ tells CNN Govt shd adopt a carrot and stick approach to Boko Haram. Genocide & dialogue? Where exactly does he stand?

Abati you are a big idi0t! If carrot and stick means genocide and dialogue to you, what you make us understand now is that Jona's approach to the people in Maiduguri is strictly genocidal because thousands of innocent people have been mauled by the Soldiers in that place.

You are not ashamed to tell us genocide was committed in Odi. What have you done to bring the perpetrators to book? Nothing, playing cheap politics with the souls lost in that crisis. Your Oga took the oath to defend the people of Nigeria but does nothing to ensure justice for the dead?

Shame on your rotten soul!!! May the souls of those murdered daily in that crisis continue to hunt you all daily, Animals!!!

9 Likes

Re: Obasanjo Is Confused And Unstable - Abati by Deivid10(m): 4:13pm On Jan 09, 2013
In case anytin hapns.... Am not a witness o pls... Just wanted to b the third to comment Abeg

3 Likes

Re: Obasanjo Is Confused And Unstable - Abati by Ganys: 4:13pm On Jan 09, 2013
This monkey looking cash and carry Essayist (not jornalist) at it again, can somebody call this guy to order, the last time I checked, this guy's job is to make statement that can attract more friends to Mr president than foe.
I'm not a fan of OBJ, but nigerian should learn to respect elders no matter what....

Mr Abati, remember that muhammeade haruna, oluyomi oyo, fani kayodE, segun adeniyi and emma niboro were once there, soonest, you too will become history...
Never underestimate the wisdom of any old man, especially ObJ....

I'm disappointed in u abati

4 Likes

Re: Obasanjo Is Confused And Unstable - Abati by seuncyber(m): 4:15pm On Jan 09, 2013
ABATI I PITY YOU.......YOU DON'T HAVE BABA FOR HOUSE ABI NA OBJ U THEY YAB ABI...HMMMMM
Re: Obasanjo Is Confused And Unstable - Abati by Nobody: 4:15pm On Jan 09, 2013
Hahahahahahahaha!

SHOW OF SHAME.

Obj is a million times better and more intelligent than that slug you call your boss.

9 Likes

Re: Obasanjo Is Confused And Unstable - Abati by Okijajuju1(m): 4:16pm On Jan 09, 2013
WHAT!!!!
Re: Obasanjo Is Confused And Unstable - Abati by DANILSA(m): 4:17pm On Jan 09, 2013
NEXT TOPIC PLS undecided
Re: Obasanjo Is Confused And Unstable - Abati by IYANGBALI: 4:17pm On Jan 09, 2013
seanet01: Jonathan you are chewing more than you can chew.
Abati the attack dog,
fi sile ore mi anu awon molebi lo nse mi,omo ale jati jati

7 Likes

Re: Obasanjo Is Confused And Unstable - Abati by faporori24: 4:20pm On Jan 09, 2013
pDude: Hahahahahahahaha!

SHOW OF SHAME.

Obj is a million times better and more intelligent than that slug you call your boss.

Why you say it first bros this Abati nah mad man he can say anything just to defend his salary pls NL people how dem dey apply for Tanzania or Angola visa staying in Nigeria will be brutal for my future because all news i have read today no sign of future except Lagos State can we make it a country so we can leave Nigeria and their pot belle senator and president alone.

3 Likes

Re: Obasanjo Is Confused And Unstable - Abati by cytellProperty: 4:21pm On Jan 09, 2013
uhhhmmmmmm Abati, anu mi se e o
Re: Obasanjo Is Confused And Unstable - Abati by cytellProperty: 4:21pm On Jan 09, 2013
uhhhmmmmmm Abati, anu e nse mi o
Re: Obasanjo Is Confused And Unstable - Abati by Truckpusher(m): 4:23pm On Jan 09, 2013
OBJ always wanting to remain relevant even when he's not.He should be doing better things than this at his age -at least planning for his own funeral wouldn't be a bad idea. grin grin grin Oya all his myopic supporters should crucify me.

6 Likes

Re: Obasanjo Is Confused And Unstable - Abati by paparazzi1987(m): 4:23pm On Jan 09, 2013
.....dancing Azonto grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin
Re: Obasanjo Is Confused And Unstable - Abati by Redmosquito(m): 4:26pm On Jan 09, 2013
Okay Okay Okay! Lemme voice my opinion on politics small!
OBJ may not be good! OBJ may be the devil himself! OBJ may be heartless! But one thing I know for sure, the old man is no fool!
He goddamn ruled us for more than eight years, that is more testament to his IQ than anybody's words
Menawhile
**Driving Dangote Truck carefully**
**Adjusts side mirror**
Ehen! Meanwhile, Dangote don bless my family ooooo!!! grin grin

18 Likes

Re: Obasanjo Is Confused And Unstable - Abati by SisiKill1: 4:27pm On Jan 09, 2013
Abati is obviously very familiar with confused and unstable people considering who his boss is.

3 Likes

Re: Obasanjo Is Confused And Unstable - Abati by lacasa: 4:28pm On Jan 09, 2013
Re: Obasanjo Is Confused And Unstable - Abati by Iyke13: 4:29pm On Jan 09, 2013
Stop critizing Abati and face the fact that OBJ has not more to offer to this country.Jonathan is not as heartless as he is.He had complete *8years and nothing to show for it

6 Likes

Re: Obasanjo Is Confused And Unstable - Abati by ask4double(m): 4:29pm On Jan 09, 2013
haba... Oga abati, One moment u will tell us that the FG has engaged BH in dialogue, the next moment u are saying they are faceless.
Now who is confused? can u dialogue with a faceless entity? we know u are doing the job u are a paid to do but mind the toes u step on and ur integrity too, that's if u still have any though.

2 Likes

Re: Obasanjo Is Confused And Unstable - Abati by Nobody: 4:31pm On Jan 09, 2013
undecided lipsrsealed grin
Re: Obasanjo Is Confused And Unstable - Abati by Nobody: 4:35pm On Jan 09, 2013
never knew i'd live to see acn goons in support of obasanjo. yes, that obasanjo!

1 Like

Re: Obasanjo Is Confused And Unstable - Abati by lain: 4:35pm On Jan 09, 2013
Obasanjo should go to his ota farm, sit down and reminisce on the atrocities he comitted in nigeria after that he should kneel down on national tv and beg nigeria for 4giveness.. Because his time on earth is counting

4 Likes

Re: Obasanjo Is Confused And Unstable - Abati by Nobody: 4:36pm On Jan 09, 2013
I found the place where reuben abati said they ve recorded progress in the fight against boko haram quite ridiculous..the guyis a fool..and I wonder why Gej supports himself with some hopeless inviduals such as abati,doyin okupe(or what d hell is his name),madueke,arumah ote...d list continues
Re: Obasanjo Is Confused And Unstable - Abati by onatisi(m): 4:36pm On Jan 09, 2013
grin
abati has started smoking igbo plus ogogoro
Re: Obasanjo Is Confused And Unstable - Abati by extension: 4:37pm On Jan 09, 2013
I think old age is at work.Obj is close to 90 years according to his son.Terrorist are devils,you can never use carrots,banana,orange,pineapple to get them.

1 Like

Re: Obasanjo Is Confused And Unstable - Abati by ortopazz(m): 4:37pm On Jan 09, 2013
seanet01: Jonathan you are chewing more than you can chew.
Abati the attack dog,

I cant believe that people are actually saying that Johnathan is at fault here, most blaming GEJ are not helping matters nt that it will aid him anyways. Nigerias politics has become a playground of grownup clowns juggling between themselves whose more st.upid or foo.lish (lord 4gv me) just imagine OBJ, imagine him being the number one defender of The Nigerian citizens what a pitiable scene, we can all decide to laugh off this incident and haul insults at Abati buh for once the man is on point, OBJ IS a spoilt political kid, and has been fed with too much toys best believe me.

In which coun3ri do we see two Presidents one ex, taking to the media and seeking for unwarranted fame as Nairaland feeds Tonto decay wiv, OBJ I thought once said that GEJ was too soft, now he his saying that the homie is nt being soft, am I the only person nt seeing that 5ine up there, I thought George Bush was a republican, buh til date, despite all his wrong when did Obama ever take to the news lamblasting or George Bush accussing Obama of not handling the nation the way he thinks it shud be, we are washing our dirty linens in the public, for once Obasanjo shud shut the 4ck up, he his now a big asinile with this is recent state of mind,,, if the spotlight is that gud, check up in the barracks or nollywood, stop making politics a playground, respect ur self old man, and best believe Abati ur becoming confused, naija is at where it is becos of ur glorified long sightedness....ediot.

7 Likes

Re: Obasanjo Is Confused And Unstable - Abati by emron1(m): 4:38pm On Jan 09, 2013
abate is an embarrassment to intellectuals. He claims to be an intelligent man but he only seams to rant at all jonahs opposition rather than clarifying them on their doubts.

2 Likes

Re: Obasanjo Is Confused And Unstable - Abati by blueheart(m): 4:38pm On Jan 09, 2013
Abati used to b sumone i held in high reverence, now, am not sure if d guy has gone mad or simply insane

1 Like

Re: Obasanjo Is Confused And Unstable - Abati by Nobody: 4:39pm On Jan 09, 2013
na them sabi
Re: Obasanjo Is Confused And Unstable - Abati by IYANGBALI: 4:45pm On Jan 09, 2013
Obj and Gej would use his head break coconutS chop. Ode buruku

1 Like

Re: Obasanjo Is Confused And Unstable - Abati by onatisi(m): 4:48pm On Jan 09, 2013
IYA NGBALI: Obj and Gej would use his head break coconutS chop. Ode buruku
na wah ooo,this ur comment really contradict each other

1 Like

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply)

Ondo: Appeal Court Reserves Judgment On Makarfi’s Motion / PDP Kicks As Kano Faction Suspends Kwankwaso For "Disrupting Congress" / EFCC To File 800 New Corruption Cases, Vows To Re-Prosecute Orji Kalu

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 36
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.