Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,160,120 members, 7,842,237 topics. Date: Tuesday, 28 May 2024 at 01:07 AM

Investment Opportunities - Business - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Business / Investment Opportunities (1093 Views)

Top 10 Lucrative Investment Opportunities In Nigeria / Uber Investment Opportunities - Lagos And Abuja / Looking For Investment Opportunities: I Need Your Ideas (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Investment Opportunities by timwild: 4:34pm On Jan 09, 2013
Hello my good people. I have been living out of the country for a while now.
I have decided to invest a million naira. So, can someone give me a lucrative
investment.Besides, i am not going to be based in Nigeria. I will be very grateful
for your contributions.Thank you.
Re: Investment Opportunities by favour2012(f): 5:03pm On Jan 09, 2013
Inbox me let's talk moneke_favour@yahoo.com
Re: Investment Opportunities by excelsiorfarm(m): 5:08pm On Jan 09, 2013
who is going to do d monitoring of the business?Are u investing in someones business or u want to start yours?
Re: Investment Opportunities by timwild: 5:28pm On Jan 09, 2013
I have a brother in Nigeria. He will be in charged.
Re: Investment Opportunities by excelsiorfarm(m): 5:51pm On Jan 09, 2013
timwild: I have a brother in Nigeria. He will be in charged.
if u have land i would advise agric biz,but if none,pls read thru my thread about Businesses that can give a continually income & if none,import children clothes into d country,but if u have more to invest start a fun house

1 Like

Re: Investment Opportunities by Nobody: 7:03pm On Jan 09, 2013
I am a nollywood film producer with 2 films to my credits presently. With such 1 million naira investment in filming business, you're guaranteed of a good return on investment. Your investment would be used in filming projects such as production of films, distribution and marketing purposes.
Feel free to contact me on 08162655771 or send me a mail - vision2017@yahoo.com
Re: Investment Opportunities by ihedioramma: 7:07pm On Jan 09, 2013
HELLO @EXCELSIORFARM , PLS I HAVE LANDS TEACH ME ABOUT AGRIC BIZ . DO YOU NO ABOUT GOAT FARMING ? IF YES TEACH ME ALL SO . MY ID IS ihedioramma@yahoo.ca
Re: Investment Opportunities by timwild: 7:08pm On Jan 09, 2013
Vision2017: I am a nollywood film producer with 2 films to my credits presently. With such 1 million naira investment in filming business, you're guaranteed of a good return on investment. Your investment would be used in filming projects such as production of films, distribution and marketing purposes.
Feel free to contact me on 08162655771 or send me a mail - vision2017@yahoo.com
What are the films?
Re: Investment Opportunities by timwild: 7:10pm On Jan 09, 2013
excelsiorfarm: if u have land i would advise agric biz,but if none,pls read thru my thread about Businesses that can give a continually income & if none,import children clothes into d country,but if u have more to invest start a fun house
Thank you very much. Your contribution is very useful. I will contact you over the weekend. Thanks
Re: Investment Opportunities by excelsiorfarm(m): 8:25pm On Jan 09, 2013
ihedioramma: HELLO @EXCELSIORFARM , PLS I HAVE LANDS TEACH ME ABOUT AGRIC BIZ . DO YOU NO ABOUT GOAT FARMING ? IF YES TEACH ME ALL SO . MY ID IS ihedioramma@yahoo.ca
i sent text to your number once,no response.first where do u intend to start it?i will send a mail
Re: Investment Opportunities by ihedioramma: 8:33pm On Jan 09, 2013
thank's for ur reply. i did not get the txt my number is 08095025817 i will like to start it here in nig at were i get some land .
Re: Investment Opportunities by excelsiorfarm(m): 8:45pm On Jan 09, 2013
ihedioramma: thank's for ur reply. i did not get the txt my number is 08095025817 i will like to start it here in nig at were i get some land .
i will send a text again
Re: Investment Opportunities by PapaBrowne(m): 9:20pm On Jan 09, 2013
The best business to engage in by any count has to be one that takes advantage of Nigeria's huge population.
From experience, I have concluded that the best businesses to engage in has to do with anything that NIgerians consume on a daily basis.
The three things NIgerians use on a daily are Food, Fuel and Telecom Products. These three are Nigerias big money earners.

Now, for Fuel and Telecoms, you have to be really big to play in that league.

Food on the other hand which I think is actually bigger than both Fuel and Telecoms combined, allows for small players like us to reap big returns.
Food covers everything from Fast Food and Restuarants, Drinks and Beverage manufacture, Bakery and Catering, and a huge host of other areas.

Of all these areas, Food Packaging is actually the most interesting because it requires much less capital and expertise and yet gives by far the most interesting returns on investment.
To put things in better perspective, the biggest companies in Nigeria have discovered the goldmine that this is and are beginning to take advantage aggressively. Dangote, Nestle, Honeywell, Golden Penny and the rest of the bigs are now packaging everything from water to salt to spices to rice and a host of other commodities.

Let me just do a quick run analysis to give you a better perspective:

Golden Penny owned by Flour MIlls of NIgeria, one of Nigeria's Largest companies, has just started packaging rice in smaller more attractive retail packs of 400g and they sell for 150 naira.
Normally a 50kg bag of rice sells for 9500 Naira retail.
50kg bag will give you 125 packs of 400g.
When sold at 150 naira each, you get 125 packs x N150 = N18750 for the same 50kg.
Let's assume N10 each for packaging(usually less). 10 x 125 = 1250 naira.
9500 + 1250= 10,750.(production costs)
That leaves them with a healthy profit of N18,750 ~ N10,750 = N8000 per bag of rice. That's almost 100% in profits.
Now in a country with 150 million people, you know you can count on selling loads upon loads daily.
Sell 10 bags and you make 80k daily. Sell 100 bags and you make 800k daily.
Now that's just rice as Golden penny has chosen. There's lots of other areas crying for attractive retail packaging that can be engaged in. Lots upon lots.

If you will want more info on this sector, feel free to ask questions here and I'll answer. On the other hand, if you need more specific details you can reach me on email Uyi@strategy200.com and I'll assist in anyway I can freely.

The FG has just banned the importation of Table Sugar. Interestingly, 95% of the sugar consumed at home in Nigeria is imported from just one company in France- St Louis. The company will lose tens of billions because of this ban. This opens a huge opportunity for packaging of Sugar in retail packs. I'm working on a project in this light. And the Research we've conducted shows very promising signs.

All in all, if you must engage in any business, you must understand the terrain or engage those that have adequate understanding. Nigeria is a massive market. Despite the challenges, the returns are always quite impressive. Food Packaging is the best I can advise you to get into with the capital you have.

1 Like

Re: Investment Opportunities by ihedioramma: 9:21pm On Jan 09, 2013
THANK'S .ANY OTHER ONE'S THAT WILL MAKE PAY MORE DAN GOAT? I DONT LIKE PG OR DOG PLS.
Re: Investment Opportunities by Nobody: 10:04pm On Jan 09, 2013
Swaga boy 1 & 2 and the yet-to-be released-'Romantic Pains 1 & 2' which is currently before the National Film and Video Censors Board. If you care, I can give you a preview copy for your scrutiny
Re: Investment Opportunities by timwild: 10:34pm On Jan 09, 2013
Vision2017: Swaga boy 1 & 2 and the yet-to-be released-'Romantic Pains 1 & 2' which is currently before the National Film and Video Censors Board. If you care, I can give you a preview copy for your scrutiny
You are a scammer!!!! get lost lost with your swaga movie. I need serious people here. I worked hard for my money.You are not reasonable.
Re: Investment Opportunities by excelsiorfarm(m): 11:01pm On Jan 09, 2013
ihedioramma: THANK'S .ANY OTHER ONE'S THAT WILL MAKE PAY MORE DAN GOAT? I DONT LIKE PG OR DOG PLS.
go into fishfarming,but that is if u have good and enough water and funds to feed them,in the alternative start a creche but only a woman can be good in its management
Re: Investment Opportunities by 2rutalk1: 11:21pm On Jan 09, 2013
PapaBrowne: The best business to engage in by any count has to be one that takes advantage of Nigeria's huge population.
From experience, I have concluded that the best businesses to engage in has to do with anything that NIgerians consume on a daily basis.
The three things NIgerians use on a daily are Food, Fuel and Telecom Products. These three are Nigerias big money earners.

Now, for Fuel and Telecoms, you have to be really big to play in that league.

Food on the other hand which I think is actually bigger than both Fuel and Telecoms combined, allows for small players like us to reap big returns.
Food covers everything from Fast Food and Restuarants, Drinks and Beverage manufacture, Bakery and Catering, and a huge host of other areas.

Of all these areas, Food Packaging is actually the most interesting because it requires much less capital and expertise and yet gives by far the most interesting returns on investment.
To put things in better perspective, the biggest companies in Nigeria have discovered the goldmine that this is and are beginning to take advantage aggressively. Dangote, Nestle, Honeywell, Golden Penny and the rest of the bigs are now packaging everything from water to salt to spices to rice and a host of other commodities.

Let me just do a quick run analysis to give you a better perspective:

Golden Penny owned by Flour MIlls of NIgeria, one of Nigeria's Largest companies, has just started packaging rice in smaller more attractive retail packs of 400g and they sell for 150 naira.
Normally a 50kg bag of rice sells for 9500 Naira retail.
50kg bag will give you 125 packs of 400g.
When sold at 150 naira each, you get 125 packs x N150 = N18750 for the same 50kg.
Let's assume N10 each for packaging(usually less). 10 x 125 = 1250 naira.
9500 + 1250= 10,750.(production costs)
That leaves them with a healthy profit of N18,750 ~ N10,750 = N8000 per bag of rice. That's almost 100% in profits.
Now in a country with 150 million people, you know you can count on selling loads upon loads daily.
Sell 10 bags and you make 80k daily. Sell 100 bags and you make 800k daily.
Now that's just rice as Golden penny has chosen. There's lots of other areas crying for attractive retail packaging that can be engaged in. Lots upon lots.

If you will want more info on this sector, feel free to ask questions here and I'll answer. On the other hand, if you need more specific details you can reach me on email Uyi@strategy200.com and I'll assist in anyway I can freely.

The FG has just banned the importation of Table Sugar. Interestingly, 95% of the sugar consumed at home in Nigeria is imported from just one company in France- St Louis. The company will lose tens of billions because of this ban. This opens a huge opportunity for packaging of Sugar in retail packs. I'm working on a project in this light. And the Research we've conducted shows very promising signs.

All in all, if you must engage in any business, you must understand the terrain or engage those that have adequate understanding. Nigeria is a massive market. Despite the challenges, the returns are always quite impressive. Food Packaging is the best I can advise you to get into with the capital you have.

Very interesting piece. Pls can you share more on registration with relevant agencies and so on. Again, what particular area can someone tap in telecomm industry apart from rechard card biz. Thanks
Re: Investment Opportunities by Nobody: 7:48pm On Jan 10, 2013
timwild: You are a scammer!!!! get lost lost with your swaga movie. I need serious people here. I worked hard for my money.You are not reasonable.
If I were you, I had politely turn down the offer rather than saying something off the table. I never begged you to invest your hard earned money in filming, neither did I ask you under compulsion or pretence or whatever to invest in film project. You had say you weren't interested in filming project rather than tarnishing once image. That we have scam artists everywhere doesn't mean everybody is one. All thesame, wishing you all the best in your endeavours.

(1) (Reply)

Branded Tee Shirts / Are Contract Staff Entitled To Pension / Fellow Nairalander Secret Reveal I Won #700,000 Frommerrybet

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 38
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.