Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,114 members, 7,814,913 topics. Date: Wednesday, 01 May 2024 at 11:09 PM

Was Governor Chime Kidnapped? - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Was Governor Chime Kidnapped? (10875 Views)

Sheriff Testing A Motorcycle When He Was Governor (Photo) / Enugu Governor, Chime Is Dead - Punch / Was Governor Godswill Akpabio Arrested In London? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (Reply) (Go Down)

Was Governor Chime Kidnapped? by NegroNtns(m): 6:19pm On Jan 09, 2013
Chime is Kidnapped?

Worried by the prolonged absence of the Governor of Enugu State, Mr. Sullivan Chime from government duties,  group of indigenes under the aegis of the  Save Enugu Group has petitioned the state Acting Governor, Mr. Sunday Onyebuch asking him to avail the public of information about the health condition of the governor and his whereabouts.

In a statement jointly signed by Chief Maxi Okwu, Ozo Igbonekwu OgazimoraChief Willy Ezugwu, Comrade Ibuchukwu Ezike, Comrade Victor Eneh and Mr. Ray Nnaji, the group gave the Acting Governor uptill a fortnight to comply with their demand.

They said though Chime has performed well, his unexplained disappearance has given room to avoidable rumour mongering and gossiping.

More to follow...
Re: Was Governor Chime Kidnapped? by dempeople(m): 8:50pm On Jan 09, 2013
Negro how far. Long time. Where all of una political/cultural section guys? I dee hail una after a long time out.

1 Like

Re: Was Governor Chime Kidnapped? by NegroNtns(m): 4:51am On Jan 10, 2013
we plan on bringing this section to a dead slow pace and ultimately bring it to a crawling grind where everyone finds it too boring to even step in anymore. we are not gone but we will show you that we hold the oil that lubricates nairaland, if we dont oil it will die out.
Re: Was Governor Chime Kidnapped? by Demdem(m): 8:50am On Jan 10, 2013
Save Enugu Group Demands ‘Categorical Explanation’ About Whereabouts of Governor Chime

Four months after his disappearance from the state, Save Enugu Group (SEG), a pro-democracy association of Enugu State citizens, has called on Acting Governor Sunday Onyebuchi to give to the people of the State a “categorical explanation” on the whereabouts and status of Governor Sullivan Iheanacho Chime.

In a petition dated January 8, 2013, SEG pointed out that the governor was last seen in public 110 days ago, on September 19, 2012.

“Since then sightings and near sightings of him have been reported which all turned out to be a hoax,” the group observed. “This unsavory state of affairs has created a thriving mill of idle gossipers who speculate on his whereabouts and state of health. These rumors have ranged from the insensitive to the ludicrous. Matters got to a head on the 15th day of December 2012, the day of the fatal air disaster in Bayelsa state that claimed the lives of Governor Yakowa of Kaduna State and General Azazi , when the national media was rent with the news also of the death of our Governor.”

It called on the Acting Governor to constitute a delegation which would include eminent Enugu state sons and daughters to pay a visit to the Governor wherever he is, and report back to the good people of Enugu state.

“On at least two occasions the Commissioner of Information Enugu State in the person of Mr. Chuks Ngwoke has come out with an official statement on the status of the governor. Essentially it was stated that His Excellency was quietly enjoying his holiday and accumulated leave, or that he would be in office shortly. These conflicting accounts merely served to exacerbate rather than ameliorate the situation.

“We are also told that at the time of his disappearance from public view, His Excellency as required by section 190 of the Constitution of the Federal Republic of Nigeria 1999 (as amended), duly handed over to the Deputy Governor,” SEG said, but drew attention to widespread rumors that the Acting Governor is unable to discharge his constitutional duties because a cabal of unelected officers have rendered his authority otiose.

At this juncture we make bold to ask: Can the Governor hand over and create an acting administration in perpetuity? What is the duration of annual leave for the Governor? How many days make up this ‘accumulated annual leave’. Could the Constitution and government holiday regulations have given His Excellency a carte blanch to take a break for over 100 days? We do not think so. The QUESTION which we would be most obliged if it is answered is;

WHERE IS HIS EXCELLENCY OUR GOVERNOR?”

SEG described unreasonable absence from office on the part of Governor Chime as suggestive of PERMANENT inability to discharge the functions of his office, and that his disappearance for the extended period could be argued to be grave misconduct.
The petition was signed for SEG by Chief Maxi Okwu; Ozo Igbonekwu Ogazimora; Chief Willy Ezugwu; Comrade Ibuchukwu Ezike; Comrade Victor Eneh; and Barr. Ray Nnaji.

For the delegation to Governor Chime, they suggested such distinguished Enugu State citizens as: His grace Bishop Callistus Onaga, Catholic Bishop of Enugu; Rev. Hyde Onuauluchi; Prof. Bath Nnaji; Igwe Paul Egbogu; Chief Mrs Grace Obayi; Chief Nduka Eya, Secretary General Ohaneze Ndi-Igbo, and Dr. Louis Anya Chukwuma.

http://saharareporters.com/news-page/save-enugu-group-demands-%E2%80%98categorical-explanation%E2%80%99-about-whereabouts-governor-chime
Re: Was Governor Chime Kidnapped? by seanet01: 1:31pm On Jan 10, 2013
Negro_Ntns: we plan on bringing this section to a dead slow pace and ultimately bring it to a crawling grind where everyone finds it too boring to even step in anymore. we are not gone but we will show you that we hold the oil that lubricates nairaland, if we dont oil it will die out.
Na so. Even Seun will know that when it comes to Boycotting anything, nobody does it better than Yorubas.
Re: Was Governor Chime Kidnapped? by KnowAll(m): 1:39pm On Jan 10, 2013
[size=16pt]Your Governor is 6 feet under[/size]!!!!! lipsrsealed (source- from reliable source upstairs- "he has been formally welcomed into hell by Lucifer himself)"wink
Re: Was Governor Chime Kidnapped? by Nobody: 1:53pm On Jan 10, 2013
But eh.... This is no longer funny! What the fucck is happening?angry
Re: Was Governor Chime Kidnapped? by dridowu: 9:40am On Jan 11, 2013
So Sad, d man should just resign and face his health matter squarely
Re: Was Governor Chime Kidnapped? by ypzilanti: 9:41am On Jan 11, 2013
Exactly, where the F...is this guy?

I hope the President and security agencies are aware. Imagine a situation where the man might be kidnapped, and under duress to do the bid of his abductors.
Re: Was Governor Chime Kidnapped? by achi4u(m): 9:59am On Jan 11, 2013
we really miss him!

*i say come out Chime wherever you are now*
Re: Was Governor Chime Kidnapped? by etalker: 10:02am On Jan 11, 2013
Chime where are u? Speak now or forever hold ur peace!
Re: Was Governor Chime Kidnapped? by GARRIx7(m): 10:04am On Jan 11, 2013
Does it take this long to treat ordinary SYPHILIS
Re: Was Governor Chime Kidnapped? by bigfat: 10:04am On Jan 11, 2013
[size=20pt]on vacation in the bahamas [/size]
Re: Was Governor Chime Kidnapped? by ajayi147(m): 10:06am On Jan 11, 2013
Him dey sleep
Re: Was Governor Chime Kidnapped? by Walexz02(m): 10:06am On Jan 11, 2013
Since the guy have decided to keep his problem to himself then no problem... Na him wahala be that.
Re: Was Governor Chime Kidnapped? by Bobbystanley(m): 10:07am On Jan 11, 2013
Who is chime??
Oh u mean Enugu state's emeritus governor,Late sullivan chime?

Where else should a dead man be if not in the mortuary?
Re: Was Governor Chime Kidnapped? by wawaboy1(m): 10:10am On Jan 11, 2013
My gov is alive. Though not feeling fine. But will be back soon.
Re: Was Governor Chime Kidnapped? by Super1759: 10:10am On Jan 11, 2013
berem: But eh.... This is no longer funny! What the fucck is happening?angry
everyone should mark my words,today jan-11-2013, chime is dead!!!! They are just playing tricks on our mind.. Remember yar'adua saga.
Re: Was Governor Chime Kidnapped? by Nobody: 10:25am On Jan 11, 2013
Let the stories begin...'Chime diagnosed with a kidney disease'...'Chime holidaying in Paradise Island,Bahamas'...'Chime in a s3x scandal'...Saharareporters will make news soon.
Re: Was Governor Chime Kidnapped? by slimdiggi: 10:31am On Jan 11, 2013
he's coming home he's coming home tell d world he's coming home!
Re: Was Governor Chime Kidnapped? by ubong560(m): 10:34am On Jan 11, 2013
Dat's one undisputable fact abt Nigerian Politicians. They die hard and remain stiffed on seat. They prefer to be taken away as corpses frm the govt house than resigning to save his/her life. Wch nigerian leader have u eva heard of resigning from active post? If the man has discovered dat his health conditn can no longer run the office of a state governor, what is there for him to resign and hand over full power to his subordinate instead of sneaking to the land of the unknown.

I dont know wat exactly d problem is but a guy on dis forum once said HE MAY NOT MAKE IT BACK TO THE GOVT HOUSE because of his family in-law fetish stuffs like dat. I dont know abt that but SOMTIN MUST KILL A MAN.

He shld just resign and give power to the active afterall he didnt born wit political post neither will he leave here wit one. That is all!
Re: Was Governor Chime Kidnapped? by Nobody: 10:36am On Jan 11, 2013
I hear say Chime fire eem wife sister...You sure say the wife no take dilute HydroChloric Acid cook soup for am?

2 Likes

Re: Was Governor Chime Kidnapped? by GentleNaaz(m): 10:39am On Jan 11, 2013
*clears throat*Hello my gud people of Enugu, see me here, am ur able governo Sullivian Chime. Am just anwering Gentle naaz on NL. Dont worry my people, am in hell wt fellow politicians hu hv crossed d line. I just had dinner wt yaradua n fela cuti last 9t. Obj knws my way about. him n Buhari wl join us here soon. *Clears throat agn* dont worry my pepl
Re: Was Governor Chime Kidnapped? by slick1(m): 10:42am On Jan 11, 2013
[color=#770077][/color]
if na true say him SHAG him wife sister oh! Them the man is holidaying in 'Cursed Island' cos wetin him do na serious abomination
Re: Was Governor Chime Kidnapped? by slimming: 10:47am On Jan 11, 2013
They are still playing hide and seek game for four months? they need to tell the people what is going on.
Re: Was Governor Chime Kidnapped? by lonelydora: 10:47am On Jan 11, 2013
After all the "Thanks for coming" with enugu state money, he is now sick. Well, I wish him quick recovery if he is still alive.
Re: Was Governor Chime Kidnapped? by Goldienana(f): 10:48am On Jan 11, 2013
Chime is alive and he will lev long period tongue ola.said.so
Re: Was Governor Chime Kidnapped? by Nobody: 10:49am On Jan 11, 2013
if you ask me, na who i go ask??
Re: Was Governor Chime Kidnapped? by Noblechyk: 10:50am On Jan 11, 2013
Dis is d political scenario in Enugu state. D Deputy senate president is eyeing d seat come 2015. D speaker house of assembly is also interested. D chief of staff is reserved for a senatorial seat. If Onyebuchi becomes d substantive governor, d above mentioned interest would b undermined. Presently d state is run by d speaker & d chief of staff. I was in d company of my uncle 3 days on a visit 2 d member representin our constituency, enugu south (rural). She told my uncle dat d law makers & d commissioner's had a teleconference with chime but said he wil stil not return even by feb. Dat part i don't understand. Wat i think is dat d governor is incapacited hence impeachment plot agains d deputy a month ago dat later failed.
Re: Was Governor Chime Kidnapped? by TableLeg(m): 10:53am On Jan 11, 2013
This Chime saga is starting to get bloody ridiculous!

(1) (2) (3) (Reply)

Despite Scarcity, Daily Subsidy On Petrol Hits N1.81bn / LASG Releases Hotlines To Report Any LASTMA Extortion And Harassment / South-East Governors Won’t Apologise To IPOB – Umahi

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 74
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.