Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,140,626 members, 7,770,676 topics. Date: Tuesday, 19 March 2024 at 12:53 PM

Zambia, Nigeria, Burkina Faso, Ethiopia - AFCON 2013 Group C - Sports (3) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Sports / Zambia, Nigeria, Burkina Faso, Ethiopia - AFCON 2013 Group C (55774 Views)

Overconfidence Will Kill Nigeria - Burkina Faso Fans / Nigeria Vs Burkina Faso - AFCON 2013 Final (1 - 0) - On 10th February 2013 / Burkina Faso Vs Ghana - AFCON 2013 - (3 - 2) On Pens On 6th Feb 2013 (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) ... (26) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Zambia, Nigeria, Burkina Faso, Ethiopia - AFCON 2013 Group C by CrazyMan(m): 6:21pm On Jan 12, 2013
Babamide: We all expect nigeria to perform woefully in this AFCON. By the 3rd group match, we would turn mathematicians calculating how many goals Zambia must beat Burkina Faso for nigeria to qualify.
Remain mute if you have no sensible post to make.
Re: Zambia, Nigeria, Burkina Faso, Ethiopia - AFCON 2013 Group C by Urine: 7:46pm On Jan 12, 2013
Babamide: We all expect nigeria to perform woefully in this AFCON. By the 3rd group match, we would turn mathematicians calculating how many goals Zambia must beat Burkina Faso for nigeria to qualify.

So true.
Re: Zambia, Nigeria, Burkina Faso, Ethiopia - AFCON 2013 Group C by Emmysteve(m): 8:31am On Jan 13, 2013
honeric01:

Speak for yourself and the rest of your mates, not for people like us, we follow the SE with our heads.
Gbam.
Re: Zambia, Nigeria, Burkina Faso, Ethiopia - AFCON 2013 Group C by jude33084(m): 8:59am On Jan 13, 2013
CrazyMan: The group looks cheap...Nigeria should be able to scale through the group stages with ease.

that means you are seriously sleeping on moving Okada sleeping cheesy cheesy
Re: Zambia, Nigeria, Burkina Faso, Ethiopia - AFCON 2013 Group C by jude33084(m): 9:01am On Jan 13, 2013
CrazyMan:
Remain mute if you have no sensible post to make.

cheesy to you the only sensible thing is to say Nigeria will have 9 points cheesy

Zambia and Bokinafaso both have a compact team but Nigeria we don't undecided
Re: Zambia, Nigeria, Burkina Faso, Ethiopia - AFCON 2013 Group C by baynix(m): 10:27am On Jan 13, 2013
siddiq202:

You guys should be realistic, who among the players on that list is super eagles star?

Note: I'm not a fan of Mikel, in short I hate anything Chelsea except that talented new signing -Ba wink

"In the land of blind ppl, one-eye man dey rule"

Am with you sir!
Re: Zambia, Nigeria, Burkina Faso, Ethiopia - AFCON 2013 Group C by olapluto(m): 10:56am On Jan 13, 2013
I believe we will easily qualify for quarter final. From there, it's about luck and hard work. Ethiopia and Burkina Faso are sure 3 pointers

1 Like

Re: Zambia, Nigeria, Burkina Faso, Ethiopia - AFCON 2013 Group C by Andex12(m): 6:30pm On Jan 13, 2013
yuzedo: I pray Nigeria BEATS Ethiopia 60 - 0 for what one of their girls & their hotel staff did to me when I was there last month!! angry angry angry
I am sorry for that happened to you in Ethiopia. There are bad people everywhere. Which hotel did you use? I will spoil their name!

About the game, Ethiopia is not a weak team that you saw last year. Even last year, the eagles barly drew 2 - 2, one of the reason why the eagles failed to qualify.

This year's team is a rejuvenated side. Just check the recent statistics. In addition, The last game is less important for a "strong" side. I guess the eagles will win the first two and relax with Ethiopia. Which is good for us to either top the group or qualify. But Zambia is very tricky team so nothing is for granted on this group.
Re: Zambia, Nigeria, Burkina Faso, Ethiopia - AFCON 2013 Group C by NYTOBEEZZ(m): 11:31am On Jan 15, 2013
Nigeria is one of great champion in africa shocked shocked shocked shocked shocked
Re: Zambia, Nigeria, Burkina Faso, Ethiopia - AFCON 2013 Group C by golamike: 12:46pm On Jan 15, 2013
osifred: Who made mikel obi our star player?

I'm in no way a fan of Mikel and I'm not sure I'm gonna be one anytime soon but who else is d star player in d current super eagles? Mikel has achieved more than any other player presently playing under coach Keshi. He has won d premier league, FA cup and even d champions league. He was rated d second best player after messi in d junior world cup some years ago. So who's achieved more than him? In d land of d blind, a one-eyed man is always d king!

1 Like

Re: Zambia, Nigeria, Burkina Faso, Ethiopia - AFCON 2013 Group C by olapluto(m): 5:51pm On Jan 15, 2013
UPDATE: Super Eagles beat Farense 5-0 in their last warm up match. Mikel scored a penalty. IK Uche scored a hatrick, Emenike scored final goal. Not too bad going to SA. Hope we win our last warm up game against Angola.

2 Likes

Re: Zambia, Nigeria, Burkina Faso, Ethiopia - AFCON 2013 Group C by honeric01(m): 8:11pm On Jan 15, 2013
ola_pluto: UPDATE: Super Eagles beat Farense 5-0 in their last warm up match. Mikel scored a penalty. IK Uche scored a hatrick, Emenike scored final goal. Not too bad going to SA. Hope we win our last warm up game against Angola.

ik is back and better!
Re: Zambia, Nigeria, Burkina Faso, Ethiopia - AFCON 2013 Group C by Nobody: 8:30pm On Jan 15, 2013
The penalty came as a result of Efe Ambrose's surging run into the box. Ambrose was deployed in the right-back position in the match; which could mean that Keshi would use him in that position during the Nations' Cup. Yobo and Oboabona are the likely choices to fill the central defensive area.
Re: Zambia, Nigeria, Burkina Faso, Ethiopia - AFCON 2013 Group C by honeric01(m): 8:38pm On Jan 15, 2013
CFCfan: The penalty came as a result of Efe Ambrose's surging run into the box. Ambrose was deployed in the right-back position in the match; which could mean that Keshi would use him in that position during the Nations' Cup. Yobo and Oboabona are the likely choices to fill the ventral defensive area.

i think its going to be yobo and omerua
Re: Zambia, Nigeria, Burkina Faso, Ethiopia - AFCON 2013 Group C by Andex12(m): 4:55am On Jan 16, 2013
ola_pluto: UPDATE: Super Eagles beat Farense 5-0 in their last warm up match. Mikel scored a penalty. IK Uche scored a hatrick, Emenike scored final goal. Not too bad going to SA. Hope we win our last warm up game against Angola.
What is the use of playing with 2nd division club while the players are first division professional players? Did Nigeria think African teams are same as Catalonia, Venezuela, or Farense? Did Nigeria play any friendly with any of the teams that qualified to AFCON?
Re: Zambia, Nigeria, Burkina Faso, Ethiopia - AFCON 2013 Group C by Nobody: 5:10am On Jan 16, 2013
Andex12:
What is the use of playing with 2nd division club while the players are first division professional players? Did Nigeria think African teams are same as Catalonia, Venezuela, or Farense? Did Nigeria play any friendly with any of the teams that qualified to AFCON?

The Super Eagles played out a goalless draw with Cape Verde last week, and are scheduled to play against Angola in their final warm-up game before the AFCON.

1 Like

Re: Zambia, Nigeria, Burkina Faso, Ethiopia - AFCON 2013 Group C by honeric01(m): 5:39am On Jan 16, 2013
Andex12:

Always quick to run down the eagles even though you haven't been following their activities well enough? change your mindset!
Re: Zambia, Nigeria, Burkina Faso, Ethiopia - AFCON 2013 Group C by OdindeOkeGods(m): 12:49pm On Jan 16, 2013
This tournament should be a change for Nigeria and let the spirit of good football be with all the players! abeg make u say amen na!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
Re: Zambia, Nigeria, Burkina Faso, Ethiopia - AFCON 2013 Group C by Freiburger(m): 1:14pm On Jan 17, 2013
We should be able to excape from this group.
Re: Zambia, Nigeria, Burkina Faso, Ethiopia - AFCON 2013 Group C by Abrantie: 1:27pm On Jan 17, 2013
Ethiopia:

AFCON HISTORY
Best Performance Winners - 1962
Champions 1962
Runners-Up 1957
Third Place None
Fourth Place 1968

grin grin
Re: Zambia, Nigeria, Burkina Faso, Ethiopia - AFCON 2013 Group C by Nobody: 1:31pm On Jan 17, 2013
Well, as usual, Nigeria will reach Semi-Finals, and most likely come back home with a medal. We have failed to qualify for semi finals only twice in all our appearances in the last 35 years, except in 96 and 98 that we didnt go for political reason and in 2012 that we didnt qualify.

Once we participate, semi final is almost a guarantee. Only in 1982 (group stage) and 2008 (quarter final) that we particiapted and didn't reach semi final. I don't see this changing. SE will reach semi-finals. We have 2 golds(1st), 4 silvers (second) and 7 bronzes (3rd) - the record medal for any country. I don't see us doing worse.

2 Likes

Re: Zambia, Nigeria, Burkina Faso, Ethiopia - AFCON 2013 Group C by jhydebaba(m): 1:44pm On Jan 17, 2013
The first match matters a lot for the eagles. It'll boost our confidence.

[/color]uP sUpEr EaGlEs Of NiGeRiA[color=#006600]
Re: Zambia, Nigeria, Burkina Faso, Ethiopia - AFCON 2013 Group C by rapcy(m): 1:46pm On Jan 17, 2013
ismhab: Zambia - Nigeria(5-0)
y nah?? God bless Naija.
Re: Zambia, Nigeria, Burkina Faso, Ethiopia - AFCON 2013 Group C by Nobody: 1:54pm On Jan 17, 2013
baynix: Mikel?? Our Star?? *faints*
sorry ooooooooooooooooooo no faint I go change am to Yakubu. Hehehehehehehehehehehehehehe

1 Like

Re: Zambia, Nigeria, Burkina Faso, Ethiopia - AFCON 2013 Group C by Watermelon(m): 1:54pm On Jan 17, 2013
good or bad, naija i dey ur back
Re: Zambia, Nigeria, Burkina Faso, Ethiopia - AFCON 2013 Group C by GoodNigerian: 2:11pm On Jan 17, 2013
acidtalk:
*Nigeria Will Have a Terrible outing in the forthcoming AFCON. The country will barely move out of group stages.

View full predictions below :

https://www.nairaland.com/1150162/predictions-first-quarter-2013
We HAVE prayed
Re: Zambia, Nigeria, Burkina Faso, Ethiopia - AFCON 2013 Group C by redcliff: 2:18pm On Jan 17, 2013
Honey Princess: Okay good, yes we know Nigeria will come home soon as usual, another disgrace awaits, I rather watch sponge bob square pants who lives under the sea
hahahahahahaaaaa. that one right there is funny..!!
Re: Zambia, Nigeria, Burkina Faso, Ethiopia - AFCON 2013 Group C by ony073: 2:19pm On Jan 17, 2013
CrazyMan:
True, they aren't any cheap team in Africa. But considering our current form, I believe we would top the group.
. It's only when d giant of africa football are sleeping is wen d so called small team beat dem. Dere is small team in africa football and dere wil always be.
Re: Zambia, Nigeria, Burkina Faso, Ethiopia - AFCON 2013 Group C by sshalom(m): 4:25pm On Jan 17, 2013
As in any group stage, the first match is very critical to how everything turns out. The Super Eagles must hit the ground running and avoid the lazy attitude of the past. Something tells me that this squad would come good in this tournament.
Re: Zambia, Nigeria, Burkina Faso, Ethiopia - AFCON 2013 Group C by emmke(m): 6:46pm On Jan 17, 2013
Jarus: Well, as usual, Nigeria will reach Semi-Finals, and most likely come back home with a medal. We have failed to qualify for semi finals only twice in all our appearances in the last 35 years, except in 96 and 98 that we didnt go for political reason and in 2012 that we didnt qualify.

Once we participate, semi final is almost a guarantee. Only in 1982 (group stage) and 2008 (quarter final) that we particiapted and didn't reach semi final. I don't see this changing. SE will reach semi-finals. We have 2 golds(1st), 4 silvers (second) and 7 bronzes (3rd) - the record medal for any country. I don't see us doing worse.
in other words, we are the most consistent team in Africa...spot on.
Re: Zambia, Nigeria, Burkina Faso, Ethiopia - AFCON 2013 Group C by aronewise: 7:34pm On Jan 17, 2013
And it this might come as a surprise to you all, but our prospects are very good. For starters our players are young and full of ambition to play in the top european leagues. And yes! We all know they have the skills, to deliver the goods. My prediction is that they would win this competition.

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) ... (26) (Reply)

Male Fan Kneels Down For Oshoala After They Defeated Cameroon (Photo) / Best Eleven Players Mikel Has Played With Over The Course Of His Career? / Asisat Oshoala Pictured In Short Skirt After Fast Season

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 54
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.