Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,657 members, 7,820,293 topics. Date: Tuesday, 07 May 2024 at 12:40 PM

University Courses That Are Waste Of Time - Career - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Career / University Courses That Are Waste Of Time (89636 Views)

**MUST READ** Four University Courses Scrap / Free IT Courses That Will Enhance Career / Doing A Phd Is Often A Waste Of Time, Says The Economist (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) ... (12) (Reply) (Go Down)

University Courses That Are Waste Of Time by Idriswhite(m): 11:38am On Jan 11, 2013
People go to university to study a course in hope of future amelioration. However,most of the many courses that used to be hot cake in time past are whitewashed with the influx of many people who just learn the course outside university in a matter of months.Going to university to study the following courses many deem to be a waste of time.The courses are:
Computer Science-countless number of people are in the known in this field.
Theatre Arts/Music- Theatre arts is a free entry and exit field.Most people in the industry have no degree in the field.
Animal Science-The course isn't marketable in a country like ours where people give no value to the life of animals.
Philosophy-This course is more valuable in the olden days where people appreciate the thinkers not in our present time.The situation of the country makes everybody a thinker to survive in this country.
Political Science:Spending years studying this course is a waste of time and resources.People are procedure conscious when it comes to politics.how many political scientists are in position of power to regulate the politics of our country.

Which course do you also think is a waste of time that you can not study as well as your family?

16 Likes

Re: University Courses That Are Waste Of Time by Mujitapha(m): 11:51am On Jan 11, 2013
Mass communication.Nowaday any graduate of any course can venture into journalism

13 Likes

Re: University Courses That Are Waste Of Time by REMMEI(m): 11:52am On Jan 11, 2013
Would have A-OK you if you had mentioned "in Nigeria universities".. who told you and what research have you carried out to make arrived at the conclusion that those courses are useless and waste of time?..you are thinking from a Nigerian perspective though..and i think this topic has been treated before..but always remember this.."No knowledge is waste"..

48 Likes

Re: University Courses That Are Waste Of Time by jaybim: 6:23pm On Jan 11, 2013
DUMBEST POST EVER... Hw many of doz ppl hu studied d couses hav come to ur house to ask 4 money?... Education is smthing dat adds immense value to an individual and his art. Ppl hu studied diz courses cannot b compared to doz hu jst freely entered it, knw dat.

51 Likes

Re: University Courses That Are Waste Of Time by Nobody: 9:05pm On Jan 11, 2013
ACCOUNTANCY every tom, tick and tarry are making it big in this career via ICAN
anyway before i sign out i want to let the AUTHOR know that our worth is non-negotiable
Re: University Courses That Are Waste Of Time by slumbee(m): 4:38am On Jan 12, 2013
I agree that this is the dumbest post ever. I mean there should be a way to regulate post. A persob like this op should be on suspension. First of all what course did you study? Are you making six figure salary? Nigga how dare you say political science is a waste of time to study. i m going to refrain from calling you names, but nigga u re one dumb nigga. Where did you get the notion that the face you read political science you have to be a politician. To go ahead and study Yoruba in the university is not a waste of time either. You don't have the slightiest idea of the advantage of a university degree.
Nigga you so dumb, soo dumb. I mean what were you thinking?

43 Likes

Re: University Courses That Are Waste Of Time by slumbee(m): 4:41am On Jan 12, 2013
I had to come back, bobo yii you are dumb dumb dump.

2 Likes

Re: University Courses That Are Waste Of Time by Idriswhite(m): 6:40am On Jan 12, 2013
I'm sorry for the post if it offends viewers.it's only an assumption a pal brought up for debate.with the opinions garnered here,it's obvious that no knowledge is a waste.

30 Likes

Re: University Courses That Are Waste Of Time by krestup: 7:52am On Jan 12, 2013
I don't think there any course that's a waste of time because we are go to the university to seek knowledge and there's no knowledge that's a waste. Although they are courses that their services are not needed because of the economic situation of your country but that doesn't mean their services are not necessary. One of my lecture always tells us that "Your first degree is just what tells your employer that you are ready to learn". For me i believe that an engineer is just as important as a political scientist.

2 Likes

Re: University Courses That Are Waste Of Time by moneyhungry(m): 7:56am On Jan 12, 2013
forestry.

1 Like

Re: University Courses That Are Waste Of Time by Techwriter: 7:58am On Jan 12, 2013
Note well
1. There is no course that is a waste to any one who has a vision but a man who has no vision, even after studying medicine has wasted his time. The word course simply means a path. So the wquestion is your destination(goal) first before the path(course)
“Give me a stock clerk with a goal and I'll give you a man who will make history. Give me a man with no goals and I'll give you a stock clerk.” Penney, J. C.

2. Nuture by Nature: build your career according to what u do naturally without effort, apart from the fact that you will enjoy the course and your eventual career, you will live longer following your passion than trying to satisfy society by living a fake life. Life is not all about money. There are six ingredients of success and 'financial freedom' is only one of them. Did you consider peace of mind, personal fulfillment, etc.

*PDude that is about to comment after me is a medical doctor for instance but spends all his time on Nairaland-that is career misfit. grin grin grin*

3. Your degree is not just to get a job: I understand that many of us go to school in other to get a better job, but that is the goal of a man with no vision. JOB simply means Just Over Broke. The richest and happiest ones are not following the norm,they follow a place where there seems to be no road and leave a path

Anyway watch out for my soon to be launched 3 volume-book, "Courses & Careers-An Encyclopaedic Approach" it will answer most career challenges in Africa

15 Likes

Re: University Courses That Are Waste Of Time by Nobody: 7:58am On Jan 12, 2013
Every course studied in Nigeria nowadays is a useless course.

Unless your relative has good connections in Nigeria, you are just wasting your 4 years in school. Lecturers dont even teach anything of relevance these days.

16 Likes

Re: University Courses That Are Waste Of Time by Nobody: 7:59am On Jan 12, 2013
Techwriter: F

What exactly does "F" mean angry
Re: University Courses That Are Waste Of Time by Goldenheart(m): 8:00am On Jan 12, 2013
APH......Animal pursue Hunter.
FWT......foolishness n waste of time

but you can work in the bank
Re: University Courses That Are Waste Of Time by jibol28(m): 8:01am On Jan 12, 2013
Mathematics alsm a waste of time

1 Like

Re: University Courses That Are Waste Of Time by Nobody: 8:01am On Jan 12, 2013
Whenever i c d quote "no knowledge is wasted" i wonder who z decieving who....a knowledge u cant apply is wasted.............like going to d university to study dancing,really makes no sense to me...thats a natural talent...u develop it by joining groups....check all the top artist..hw many of dem attended a higher institution...and among d few dat attended,hw many studied theatre art or music......anoda of such study field is human kinetics, everydy u c dem playin futball as a form of lecture, or tennis...really funny....abeg jor.....

5 Likes

Re: University Courses That Are Waste Of Time by chineji(m): 8:03am On Jan 12, 2013
Botany and geophysics and microbiology and environmental biology and history and theology and religious studies and architecture

1 Like

Re: University Courses That Are Waste Of Time by Havilah93(m): 8:04am On Jan 12, 2013
no knowledge is a waste of time
Re: University Courses That Are Waste Of Time by Nobody: 8:05am On Jan 12, 2013
The bullshite that makes frontpage at times baffles me to my marrow.

Nigeria is a country in deep shite, getting a university is a means to an end, an end of meeting basic requirement to have a good job. Most employers do not care what you read but just want to know you graduated from school and prove it too.

2 Likes

Re: University Courses That Are Waste Of Time by Havilah93(m): 8:05am On Jan 12, 2013
chineji: Botany and geophysics and microbiology and environmental biology and history and theology and religious studies and architecture
you kidding?
Microbiology a waste of time?

7 Likes

Re: University Courses That Are Waste Of Time by Nobody: 8:05am On Jan 12, 2013
This is Nigeria. No course's a waste of time. Ask GEJ and Madam P.

2 Likes

Re: University Courses That Are Waste Of Time by chineji(m): 8:06am On Jan 12, 2013
French russian and asian languages yoruba law

1 Like

Re: University Courses That Are Waste Of Time by Nobody: 8:06am On Jan 12, 2013
I think you're only right about uh...nothing really! To be more appreciated, you need a degree even if the course is wack. And even then, your brains might be needed overseas
Re: University Courses That Are Waste Of Time by Ortis: 8:07am On Jan 12, 2013
Why on earth will i pay school fees for my kid 2 go study-
AFRICAN AND ASIAN STUDIES

1 Like

Re: University Courses That Are Waste Of Time by Sunymoore(m): 8:07am On Jan 12, 2013
Nairalanding - many folk spend their time moderating and at the end got dismissed while the future is gone

4 Likes

Re: University Courses That Are Waste Of Time by Emilord(m): 8:07am On Jan 12, 2013
Eheee..,thank God am a student lawyer
Re: University Courses That Are Waste Of Time by GentleNaaz(m): 8:09am On Jan 12, 2013
No course is waste. It depends on what you do with it

1 Like

Re: University Courses That Are Waste Of Time by Basichus: 8:09am On Jan 12, 2013
i don't blame u bt ur situation.i believe u are always idle that's y.find urself something doing
Re: University Courses That Are Waste Of Time by ghettodreamz(m): 8:09am On Jan 12, 2013
chineji: Botany and geophysics and microbiology and environmental biology and history and theology and religious studies and architecture

Your kidding right?

4 Likes

Re: University Courses That Are Waste Of Time by zugoboss(m): 8:10am On Jan 12, 2013
POLITICAL SCIENCE I repeat POLITCAL SCIENCE!!!!! POLITICAL SCIENCE I repeat POLITCAL SCIENCE!!!!!
when I see young guys applying for this course I just shake my head in amazement. Maybe its just to get a degree & do something else.
Re: University Courses That Are Waste Of Time by BABAFLOMII(m): 8:10am On Jan 12, 2013
Only professional course counts...MEDICINE,LAW,PHARMACY nd so on
Re: University Courses That Are Waste Of Time by ghettodreamz(m): 8:11am On Jan 12, 2013
Sunymoore: Nairalanding - many folk spend their time moderating and at the end got dismissed while the future is gone

When has Nairalanding become a University course? Your one funny guy sha.. grin grin grin grin grin

2 Likes

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) ... (12) (Reply)

Bankers' Forum / ICAN release the result of Nov 2016 diet result / Pay Structure of Most Nigerian companies as at February 2017

Viewing this topic: 1 guest(s)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 35
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.