Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,713 members, 7,816,930 topics. Date: Friday, 03 May 2024 at 08:26 PM

University Courses That Are Waste Of Time - Career (8) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Career / University Courses That Are Waste Of Time (89594 Views)

**MUST READ** Four University Courses Scrap / Free IT Courses That Will Enhance Career / Doing A Phd Is Often A Waste Of Time, Says The Economist (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) (11) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: University Courses That Are Waste Of Time by Oracle09(m): 11:55am On Jan 12, 2013
Funny post @OP. I'm a botanist,wt advance degree in pharmacognosy nd ethnobotany nd diploma in clinical biology. U gues wat dat mean. I'm earnin cash. Presntly workin as a lecture in four nigerian uni, a consultant to lots of hospital nd naturopathic centres (darz my broda's testimony) nd the major reason I chose botany. Wanna b a suces lik him. NB: I also run an herbal research coy. Curently workin on ethnobotanical aproach to curin asthma.

1 Like

Re: University Courses That Are Waste Of Time by rynno(m): 11:59am On Jan 12, 2013
[color=#990000][/color]Animal fencing nd wiring. LWKMD grinAnimal fencing nd wiring. LWKMD
Re: University Courses That Are Waste Of Time by swtcharissa(f): 12:13pm On Jan 12, 2013
So my papa wen read political science T̶̲̥̅̊ø̲̣̣̥ Ph.d level,n me wen get masters for animal science con join my younger broda nw wen dey study computer science for university,make we carry rope go hang abi?
Re: University Courses That Are Waste Of Time by matrixme(m): 12:18pm On Jan 12, 2013
The gentleman that created this topic really needs to understand '' the wideness of the world ''. In the 21st century, the best way to stay in relevance is by meddling. After all, every man must choose his own path. It becomes very irrelevant these days, the course you studied in the university, when after all, the people in the know, especially in a developing nation like ours are barely educated. Like the Yoruba's always say, there are too many words inside a book you buy for a kobo. Not that education is not important anyway, but in reality, it is not what puts you in relevance all by itself. So, stop being a stereotype.
Re: University Courses That Are Waste Of Time by samnugba(m): 12:22pm On Jan 12, 2013
animal linguist!
hehehe!
Re: University Courses That Are Waste Of Time by slimfit7: 12:32pm On Jan 12, 2013
if animal science is waste of time hw wud d local farmer hybridize an improve varities frm d local breeds to exotic breeds also if d plant science is wasted yrs hw wud d local farmar hybrid their crops frm d local ones so dat d improved varieties yield early etc to control scarcity. U r a free thinker, think wel nd let aside impurities in ur brain box
Re: University Courses That Are Waste Of Time by Ezegozie(m): 12:35pm On Jan 12, 2013
i am not surprise you are asking all these foolish questions, its either that you are underaged naive little foolish RAT or you are an old methusalah with a fish brain of IQ of 0.00000000000000001
and responding to this trash you call a comment is a not advisable.
chineji: And i repeat all the courses i mentioned above are useless a microbiologist in mobil what is he doing geophysics christ what does that even mean i prefer to go and learn a trade even if am given such a course on a platter of gold architecture yes what can an architect do a civil engineer cannot do even an ss3 student offering TD can draw a basic plan of a house and besides the nigerian government is not building any infrastructure maybe in the next 100 years when government is serious architecture and civil engineer will become hot cake
Re: University Courses That Are Waste Of Time by Nnabugwu8590: 12:42pm On Jan 12, 2013
REMMEI: Would have A-OK you if you had mentioned "in Nigeria universities".. who told you and what research have you carried out to make arrived at the conclusion that those courses are useless and waste of time?..you are thinking from a Nigerian perspective though..and i think this topic has been treated before..but always remember this.."No knowledge is waste"..
you are partially wrong because you didn't back up your stand. Therefore i oppose your party in this thread
Re: University Courses That Are Waste Of Time by Chinkizz(m): 12:46pm On Jan 12, 2013
Talkin abt courses studied dat ar patently rather waste of time, hw do u describe a graduate of lasu wit a degree in yoruba education?
Lmao!!!lwkmd!!!
WTF woz he finkin?
Re: University Courses That Are Waste Of Time by Elmos: 12:48pm On Jan 12, 2013
BABA FLOMII: Only professional course counts...MEDICINE,LAW,PHARMACY nd so on

Pharmacy sound good, but their pay, can not be compared with their training.

1 Like

Re: University Courses That Are Waste Of Time by Tochinn(m): 12:59pm On Jan 12, 2013
chineji: Botany and geophysics and microbiology and environmental biology and history and theology and religious studies and architecture
. What is rquired in ur career weda Botany, Zoology, Animal Husbandry, Bankin and Fin etc ar Excelence, Perfection and gud impact, kings and queens wil cum 2 seek 4 ur knowledge. Notin in life is a waste, one fateful day, its usefulnes wil present itsef.
Re: University Courses That Are Waste Of Time by Smithycool(m): 1:11pm On Jan 12, 2013
Pls ooooh guys pls my 2go can't open anylonga....sum1 shud help me...is sayin i shud check gprs settings....i nid help plsss oh...d new version 2go 3.5(7) is sayin invalid jar file..... kisskisskisskisskisskiss
Re: University Courses That Are Waste Of Time by vet707(m): 1:15pm On Jan 12, 2013
Rexsul: fully seconded by me. Vet. Medicine: dont jst knw hw many ppl wil take there animals 2 them 4 injection or ADMISSION xpecially wen they knw wot they wil spend is moredan there worth. Dats 4 Nigeria o!

You seems to be unsure of your opinion, cos what you think about veterinary medicine is not so. Pls, check your facts again. Veterinary doctors know how to really make cool money courtesy their profession.
Re: University Courses That Are Waste Of Time by esunnex: 1:16pm On Jan 12, 2013
Wot of educational management and planning?
Re: University Courses That Are Waste Of Time by chidibond(m): 1:20pm On Jan 12, 2013
Gentle Naaz: Waste courses r
1. Animal n environmntal biology(AEB)
2. Plants science n botany (PSB)
3. Zoology
4. Animal sciene
5. Crop science
6. Animal production, etc
d problem is dat pepl wt d above qualifications want 2 compete wt Engineers in search of jobs in companies like NB, NBC, NNPC, Dangote cement plant, etc.
Cnt imagn my sibling studyn any of those courses
. Sharrap there. You talking from an ignorant point of view. These people can best u in their fields and u talking. FYI, i read AEB and applying it IN NIGERIA. Dumb
Re: University Courses That Are Waste Of Time by Nobody: 1:21pm On Jan 12, 2013
@ op idriswhite I ®ε̲αƪƪƔ think that giving birth τ̲̅ȍ people like you is the biggest waste of time!do ‎u know what Dele momodu d owner of ovation read in school?and some other very great pple τ̲̅ȍ come here and show ur frustration?you idriswhite be honest what did ‎u read?You don't even have a university education and ‎u r talking.ur parents would surely be tinking now ‎​dat giving birth τ̲̅ȍ you was a waste of time cos ‎u r just constituting urself a nuisance in public now. BUFOON!!!like u
Re: University Courses That Are Waste Of Time by Nobody: 1:31pm On Jan 12, 2013
When u watch 'Who wants to b a billionaire,' u will find out dat no knowledge is a waste

1 Like

Re: University Courses That Are Waste Of Time by sniy02(m): 1:36pm On Jan 12, 2013
Footballogy, Boko Haramlogy.
Re: University Courses That Are Waste Of Time by ochallo: 1:43pm On Jan 12, 2013
There is no course that is a waste, it depends on your passion and your creativity, the problem with us in Nigeria is that when we graduate we all start looking for jobs, without finding your calling, the concept of making a living at times blinds us. And for the poster, computer science is one of the biggest courses in the united states at present, if you do it well and get the right knowledge you would be indispensable.

Botany has the ability to make you a millionaire in dollars, if you have a passion and can go into research. There are a lot of undiscovered herbs lying around in Nigeria and indeed africa, yet untapped.

1 Like

Re: University Courses That Are Waste Of Time by Tinablack: 1:46pm On Jan 12, 2013
Clemzy16: Like it or not, the OP has a point. I share the same sentiment with him. What is the essence of me going to school to study theatre art where 99.9% of actors in Nigeria do not have formal knowledge about acting?! Acting is a talent not what you can learn. That's like someone studying fine-art when he/she cannot draw naturally. That to me is a colossal waste of precious time.

A layman's definition of theatre arts. Pls swEet b4 U post abt anytn, ask qstnss b4 u show ur stupidity 2 d world! Hu told u theatre arts s all abt acting? Pls ask qustns wen u nt sure of wat u saying.
Re: University Courses That Are Waste Of Time by awesome31: 1:49pm On Jan 12, 2013
ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha dem jst dy hala. Wetn sef na sugestn nt a dumpest post as una proclaimed dos in dose courses listed r indeed nt relevant in 9ja again. Dos involved sorry. Poster kudos.
Re: University Courses That Are Waste Of Time by Smithycool(m): 1:50pm On Jan 12, 2013
Smithycool: Pls ooooh guys pls my 2go can't open anylonga....sum1 shud help me...is sayin i shud check gprs settings....i nid help plsss oh...d new version 2go 3.5(7) is sayin invalid jar file..... kisskisskisskisskisskiss
nbdy wan ansa me baaa? We jst lv ds topic nw begin mourn corpse wey i go kill here nwkisskisskisskisskiss
Re: University Courses That Are Waste Of Time by tobi97(m): 1:50pm On Jan 12, 2013
Wich kin thread b dis wey everi person wey rite txtbuk go karry lik 4 im post? Wich kin thread b dis wey everi person wey rite txtbuk go karry lik 4 im post?
Re: University Courses That Are Waste Of Time by chineji(m): 1:51pm On Jan 12, 2013
You people can abuse the poster like it or not he is saying the truth what relevance are those courses to nigeria computer science is good if you have the money to do the professional courses at the end aside that there are many people who have read it without nothing to show for it and for someone that read fine arts and wants to work in the bank well think again cause they are presently passing a bill in the senate very soon CBN won't regulate the banks it will be the chartered institue of bankers
Re: University Courses That Are Waste Of Time by 8686(m): 1:51pm On Jan 12, 2013
"Industrial Yoruba" Courses like these are the reasons our leaders can say we should inculcate ifa into our curriculum
Re: University Courses That Are Waste Of Time by chineji(m): 1:56pm On Jan 12, 2013
And besides those of you yarning trash the reason why the banking industry is dead is cause of lack of professionals please go to the west and read psychology people that have liberal arts degrees are getting it hurt now there is massive unemployment most are going back to school for science and engineering degrees even LAW is a gamble in the west and the same applies here in nigeria
Re: University Courses That Are Waste Of Time by hamsky: 2:09pm On Jan 12, 2013
Food engineering, textile and design, zoo study, biochemistry (in naija is a no no)......will add more if i remember.

1 Like

Re: University Courses That Are Waste Of Time by Akinlawson: 2:10pm On Jan 12, 2013
Idriswhite: I'm sorry for the post if it offends viewers.it's only an assumption a pal brought up for debate.with the opinions garnered here,it's obvious that no knowledge is a waste.
Don't mind them bro, its just an opinion. May be u've mentioned d course dey studied. 60% courses in Nigeria university is a waste of time. ASK THEM IF WAT THEY STUDY IS WAT THEY ARE PRACTICING?
Re: University Courses That Are Waste Of Time by chineji(m): 2:14pm On Jan 12, 2013
Poster you are spot on do not mind them please we need such threads to educate prospective undergrad go to yahoo you will see articles like this everyday and you will see comments that make sense thank you poster
Re: University Courses That Are Waste Of Time by Afam4eva(m): 2:15pm On Jan 12, 2013
From some response on this thread, one can see why there's mass failure in JAMB and WAEC. If you read the OP's post word for word, you'll notice that:

1) He's referring to Nigeria

2) He's not saying that these courses are not good

3) He's just saying that going to our universities to study these courses is redundant because even people who did not study the course are into that particular field. Tell me how many Actors studies theater arts in school or how many computer programmers actually studied computer science. The truth is that just about anybody can delve into these fields without going through the four walls of a university. But for courses like Medicine, Chemical Engineering, it's different.

2 Likes

Re: University Courses That Are Waste Of Time by maybel(m): 2:17pm On Jan 12, 2013
Idriswhite: I'm sorry for the post if it offends viewers.it's only an assumption a pal brought up for debate.with the opinions garnered here,it's obvious that no knowledge is a waste.
You're such a wonderful person. I like ur level of maturity. Keep it up.
Re: University Courses That Are Waste Of Time by Idriswhite(m): 2:18pm On Jan 12, 2013
I publicly apologise for the post that rile up many viewers.It's a debate a friend brought up for deliberation.Am very sorry for whatever thing this post might have caused.Pls accept my sincere apology.I love you all

(1) (2) (3) ... (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) (11) (Reply)

Bankers' Forum / ICAN release the result of Nov 2016 diet result / Pay Structure of Most Nigerian companies as at February 2017

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 62
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.