Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,825 members, 7,820,902 topics. Date: Wednesday, 08 May 2024 at 01:33 AM

Why Jonathan Can't Save Soludo, Despite Intense Lobby By Ndigbo, S/east Govs⁠ - Politics (4) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Why Jonathan Can't Save Soludo, Despite Intense Lobby By Ndigbo, S/east Govs⁠ (4437 Views)

S-east Govs Divided Over Pro-biafra Struggle - Vanguard / Why We Chose GMB Despite Intense Pressure From Tompolo To Support GEJ –itsekiri / Jonathan Can't Control His Wife, Patience- Wikileak's Report (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Why Jonathan Can't Save Soludo, Despite Intense Lobby By Ndigbo, S/east Govs⁠ by preciousoz: 7:29am On Jan 12, 2013
So Sad.... Kinda like the Prof.

Please, e-biafrans stop displaying your mediocrity Here (always playing the ethnic card)its getting boring and damn stupid.
If you are accused, go defend yourself and if found guilty, then face the Music.

How I wish someone can put Lucky Igbinedion and His gang in Jail (and made to vomit the loot of 8 years).

Why are some of these known criminals so hard to nail sef ? angry
Re: Why Jonathan Can't Save Soludo, Despite Intense Lobby By Ndigbo, S/east Govs⁠ by vanbonattel: 7:33am On Jan 12, 2013
preciousoz: So Sad.... Kinda like the Prof.

Please, e-biafrans stop displaying your mediocrity Here (always playing the ethnic card)its getting boring and damn stupid.
If you are accused, go defend yourself and if found guilty, then face the Music.

How I wish someone can put Lucky Igbinedion and His gang in Jail (and made to vomit the loot of 8 years).

Why are some of these known criminals so hard to nail sef ? angry
[b][quote author=preciousoz]

Because of selective application of the rule of law, OBJ would have been rotting in Kirikiri if he were to be an Igbo man.

1 Like

Re: Why Jonathan Can't Save Soludo, Despite Intense Lobby By Ndigbo, S/east Govs⁠ by lagcity(m): 7:50am On Jan 12, 2013
I can't believe some m0rons on this thread are making this issue about tribe. I don't care, send that Igbo man to jail if he is guilty. Let them whine. This is just pathetic. angry angry angry
Re: Why Jonathan Can't Save Soludo, Despite Intense Lobby By Ndigbo, S/east Govs⁠ by Rhino5dm: 7:55am On Jan 12, 2013
The lies they keep peddling all over the place.

Ask the dullard who put us in this current mess. Nnamdi Azikwe is the father of modern day Nigeria, for his greed he went to enticed the northerners into joining the union, even when Sardauna told him point blank that North and south have nothing in common. Sardauna particularly made reference to northern religion orientation and cultural affinity, yet Zik overlooked the warnings to satisfy his greed and wonton thirst to rule the biggest black nation on earth.

Awolowo told Zik that Nigeria is just a mere geographical expression and we don't share values, he still begged him and promised that things will get better.

After that, we all started well as regional governments, the central government was dummy as power was vested on the regions, then another set of greedy ibos led by Aguyi Ironsi came in to promulgate decree 9 and killed the existing regional system of governance. Not after they wiped out other regional political leaders like Sardauna, Tafawa Balewa, Akintola, Ade, Maimalari e.t.c while allowing the bigger thieves like Nnamdi and Michael Okpara to run away. clearly we can see who forced us into this sad and regretful marriage.

When the arrangement they designed no longer favored them, they went to war and invaded the ever peaceful south west and moved pass the Midwest, until they were defeated at ore. What were they looking for when they head to Lagos? is Lagos part of biafra? I sa bi pass everybody na him be ibo sense.

Yet, these ediots are quick to blame others for their own misfortune.

Dudu_Negro:

i never waste an opportunity to jump on a response like yours but seeing that babapupa, aribisala, garri, rhino and seanet have responded i think it would be an overkill to tell you my mind on this nonsense you wrote but i do want to correct you on the issue of secession from nigeria.

yoruba had expressed the desire to leave

hausa had expressed the desire to leave

ijaw had expressed the desire to leave

yet none of these three went to war to separate themselves. when ibo wanted to leave, against all wise admonitions not to, it "put the cart in front of the horse" anyway and went to war and when it was defeated, blamed yoruba for its loss.

do you ever wonder why the others did not go to war to actualize their interests? because they have superior intelligence than ibo! ibo understands savage but not politics.
Re: Why Jonathan Can't Save Soludo, Despite Intense Lobby By Ndigbo, S/east Govs⁠ by lagcity(m): 8:05am On Jan 12, 2013
Rhino.5dm:

Ask the dullard who put us in this current mess. Nnamdi Azikwe is the father of modern day Nigeria, for his greed he went to enticed the northerners into joining the union, even when Sardauna told him point blank that North and south have nothing in common. Sardauna particularly made reference to northern religion orientation and cultural affinity, yet Zik overlooked the warnings to satisfy his greed and wonton thirst to rule the biggest black nation on earth.

Awolowo told Zik that Nigeria is just a mere geographical expression and we don't share values, he still begged him and promised that things will get better.

After that, we all started well as regional governments, the central government was dummy as power was vested on the regions, then another set of greedy ibos led by Aguyi Ironsi came in to promulgate decree 9 and killed the existing regional system of governance. Not after they wiped out other regional political leaders like Sardauna, Tafawa Balewa, Akintola, Ade, Maimalari e.t.c while allowing the bigger thieves like Nnamdi and Michael Okpara to run away. clearly we can see who forced us into this sad and regretful marriage.

When the arrangement they designed no longer favored them, they went to war and invaded the ever peaceful south west and moved pass the Midwest, until they were defeated at ore. What were they looking for when they head to Lagos? is Lagos part of biafra? I sa bi pass everybody na him be ibo sense.

these ppl are unbelievable. they must think everyone else na mumu. gawd, the audacity of these ppl!
Re: Why Jonathan Can't Save Soludo, Despite Intense Lobby By Ndigbo, S/east Govs⁠ by dayokanu(m): 8:17am On Jan 12, 2013
When some people think they are smart and others are stupidd.

Who remembers the story about everyone killing their parents and the dog went to hide his own and helped kill others.

We are killing corrupt leaders in the country, We didnt find any from our tribe or those from our tribe escaped and others didnt.
Re: Why Jonathan Can't Save Soludo, Despite Intense Lobby By Ndigbo, S/east Govs⁠ by Bliss4Lyfe(f): 8:18am On Jan 12, 2013
op source... Soludo is as much a threat for the 2015 Presidential race as Ohakim. He couldn't win in his home state. So why the attack? Why are some untouchable and others dragged through the mud?

Sanusi is busy sharing Nigeria money as he sees fit, but here is a CBN Governor that laid the foundation and built a revolutionary banking system that Nigeria is now famously known worldwide, being dragged through the mud, in what seems like a vendetta, according to the Presidential spokes person.

We will not be held captive by any administration that we gave our support freely. Freely we give and freely we take.

1 Like

Re: Why Jonathan Can't Save Soludo, Despite Intense Lobby By Ndigbo, S/east Govs⁠ by Nobody: 8:26am On Jan 12, 2013
The South-East governors and leaders going to plead for Soludo? That's not a good look at all.

The man is innocent until proven guilty. ( tongue )

Make them no shake.

On a serious note, this case is really interesting. Soludo is not a threat to anyone on the national level. Could it be that he's still interested in being governor of anambra and this is a way to get him to forget about it?

Time will tell.

wink
Re: Why Jonathan Can't Save Soludo, Despite Intense Lobby By Ndigbo, S/east Govs⁠ by vanbonattel: 8:39am On Jan 12, 2013
Rhino.5dm:

Thank you for those lies which you have so conveniently believed from your fathers, now jump off and watch the Igbo people progress while as usual, attempts will be made to bring them down by hook or crook.
Re: Why Jonathan Can't Save Soludo, Despite Intense Lobby By Ndigbo, S/east Govs⁠ by vanbonattel: 8:40am On Jan 12, 2013
lagcity: I can't believe some m0rons on this thread are making this issue about tribe. I don't care, send that Igbo man to jail if he is guilty. Let them whine. This is just pathetic. angry angry angry

Like they sent OBJ and Farook lawan, Bank ole to jail?
Re: Why Jonathan Can't Save Soludo, Despite Intense Lobby By Ndigbo, S/east Govs⁠ by aribisala0(m): 8:46am On Jan 12, 2013
The man built nothing so let us stop the propaganda. Under his "regulatory" watch our banks were plundered and depositors funds stolen.Someone else is now cleaning up the mess he left behind. Let us accept that was incompetence and not criminality arguable as that may be. There are more serious issues arising now which me must confront.
If we agree that he is not a threat to anyone why characterise it as an "attack" why not face the fact that he may indeed have a case to answer .
Re: Why Jonathan Can't Save Soludo, Despite Intense Lobby By Ndigbo, S/east Govs⁠ by vanbonattel: 8:50am On Jan 12, 2013
aribisala0:
The man built nothing so let us stop the propaganda. Under his "regulatory" watch our banks were plundered and depositors funds stolen.Someone else is now cleaning up the mess he left behind. Let us accept that was incompetence and not criminaality arguabe as that ay be. There are more serious issues arising now which me must confront.
If we agree that he is not a threat to anyone why characterise it as an "attack" why not face the fact that he may indeed have a case to answer .

Of course, the country is backward because those who tried to save it are criminalized and hounded while the real thiefs like OBJ, Farook lawan and state governors walk free. Let us continue the decent into mediocrity.
Re: Why Jonathan Can't Save Soludo, Despite Intense Lobby By Ndigbo, S/east Govs⁠ by Rhino5dm: 8:55am On Jan 12, 2013
What I put up there is a known fact, more reasons you couldn't gave any credible rebuttals.

So, who is trying to bring Soludo down and for what purpose? I'm all ears and willing to learn something new or is this your usual display of expired victim's card?

van bonattel:

Thank you for those lies which you have so conveniently believed from your fathers, now jump off and watch the Igbo people progress while as usual, attempts will be made to bring them down by hook or crook.
Re: Why Jonathan Can't Save Soludo, Despite Intense Lobby By Ndigbo, S/east Govs⁠ by aribisala0(m): 8:57am On Jan 12, 2013
ACHEBEISM =ACHEBE DOCTRINE ; Mediocrity = a situation where governance is NOT CONTROLLED by Ibos making the country move backward
Re: Why Jonathan Can't Save Soludo, Despite Intense Lobby By Ndigbo, S/east Govs⁠ by Rhino5dm: 9:06am On Jan 12, 2013
As much as I don't agree with GEJ's style of governance, but it's plain silly for anyone to think Soludo which is known to many as a smooth criminal is being witch-hunted by the president on political grounds.

Even my dog knows that Soludo is never a threat to anyone. Those displaying their expired victim cards should tell him to go and clear his name. I held this belief after losing some couple of millions I invested on shares, that at that time the ponzi scheme going on in the stock market is reckless and nobody could tell me that this professor of economics is oblivious of the fraud. Either he is part of the cartel or not, someone must be responsible to clean up that mess.
Re: Why Jonathan Can't Save Soludo, Despite Intense Lobby By Ndigbo, S/east Govs⁠ by preciousoz: 10:26am On Jan 12, 2013
van bonattel: [b]

That I don't like.

Nobody should be above the Law.
Re: Why Jonathan Can't Save Soludo, Despite Intense Lobby By Ndigbo, S/east Govs⁠ by Nobody: 10:37am On Jan 12, 2013
Bliss4Lyfe: op source... Soludo is as much a threat for the 2015 Presidential race as Ohakim. He couldn't win in his home state. So why the attack? Why are some untouchable and others dragged through the mud?

Sanusi is busy sharing Nigeria money as he sees fit, but here is a CBN Governor that laid the foundation and built a revolutionary banking system that Nigeria is now famously known worldwide, being dragged through the mud, in what seems like a vendetta, according to the Presidential spokes person.

We will not be held captive by any administration that we gave our support freely. Freely we give and freely we take.

The prosecution or non-prosecution of Soludo does and will not affect the elect-ability of President Jonathan.

The average guy on the street doesn't care about all this.
Re: Why Jonathan Can't Save Soludo, Despite Intense Lobby By Ndigbo, S/east Govs⁠ by PROUDIGBO(m): 12:38pm On Jan 12, 2013
Dudu_Negro:

i never waste an opportunity to jump on a response like yours but seeing that babapupa, aribisala, garri, rhino and seanet have responded i think it would be an overkill to tell you my mind on this nonsense you wrote but i do want to correct you on the issue of secession from nigeria.

yet none of these three went to war to separate themselves. when ibo wanted to leave, against all wise admonitions not to, it "put the cart in front of the horse" anyway and went to war and when it was defeated, blamed yoruba for its loss.

do you ever wonder why the others did not go to war to actualize their interests? because they have superior intelligence than ibo! ibo understands savage but not politics.

^^^Nice one.

Quick question though: at what point in our chequered history as a nation did Yorubas realise that they don't want to be part of Nigeria and hence want to leave?

About the Igbos and the war: what i can say on this is what i've said severally- that Ikemba did actually make some tactical errors esp' in not doing more to convince other minorities in the east of equality of ALL groups in the new Biafra (this would have been necessary considering the fears of Igbo domination at the time), also he underestimated the slippery guile, duplicitous nature, hatred and envy of certain individuals/peoples towards Igbos at the time, maybe because they were so convincing in their act of appearing to be neutral, God-fearing and wanting a more equitable and just society from a 'mere geographical expression', but quick to stab him in the back the moment he turned.
So from the foregoing it's clear he assumed it was just the north Biafra was facing.....and any honest pundit would agree that if he had got all on-side in the east and got more 'western' allies abroad (either to remain neutral or assist militarily like that given to Nigeria), that we would be talking of a new prosperous Biafran nation today. The core north having seen that it was an impossible task to defeat Biafra in a fair fight, then depended on help from saboteurs within the east, foreign military support and on Cameroun cutting of access from the eastern flank; if the war had been between Biafra and what was left of Nigeria, everyone knows within their hearts what the outcome would be.
With the benefit of hindsight we can see that Ikemba made mistakes no doubt, but these were not borne out of malice, and this is why some Igbo-haters like you and your ilk can't understand why we still respect and revere him to this day.

Cheers. smiley

1 Like

Re: Why Jonathan Can't Save Soludo, Despite Intense Lobby By Ndigbo, S/east Govs⁠ by aribisala0(m): 1:36pm On Jan 12, 2013
He made a lot more than tactical errors.The whole enterprise was a testoterone fuelled misadventure that was doomed from the beginning.

The Soviet Union broke up without a single bullet being fired.Chechnya which attempted to do it by force were taught a very cruel lesson.

There were other ways to achieve the desired objective but pride clouded his judgment and millions paid the price.

Eventually he fled.

This is one aspect of our history that cannot be rewritten or negotiated. if you look at the size of the SE states on the Map you will understand why the outcome was ALWAYS going to be the same. The main issue was how many civilians would die which ultimately depended on how soon Ojukwu surrendered something he did not have the decency to do in the end.
Re: Why Jonathan Can't Save Soludo, Despite Intense Lobby By Ndigbo, S/east Govs⁠ by djon78(m): 1:54pm On Jan 12, 2013
Nigeria aaa.. I weep for u, the bile being thrown around by young pple on this thread, and pple say there is hope for this country**

my own take: if soludo is guilty he should face the music, including all those that were part of the bribery be it former president, ministry official etc.

we have come to a point were if this country is serious about having a better future that all acts of coruption is severly punished.

and finally all these Igbo bashers in this thread aribabab, rhino etc are u not tired of all these ur hatred for my people. the truth be told in this present Nigeria, no other pple have contributed more to whatever success this country have managed to achieve than the Igbos, they are everywhere be it Lagos, north, south south minding their buisness and working hard, contributing to the development of where they reside. the day u will realise the value of Igbos is when each region becomes autonomous withhin Nigeria, then most of Igbos will begin to look more home ward to do their investment, thats when u will know the value of this Igbo pple u bash.

and I thank God that little by little east will develop because I am begining to see the evidence: this xmas I went home( am from Anambra) the quality of roads i drove in the east especially in my state suffice to say Lagos no get am, this is no exageration and I drove to imo state, enugu state and I was impressed by the quality of roads I saw or is it the way Onitsha is taking a new shape with wider roads, industries springing up. and pple that have never touched any part of Igboland in their lifetime will be in one part of Nigeria saying east is backward, thats a big fat lie, the diffrence in level of devolpment is small 4get all the lies being spread by the media.
Re: Why Jonathan Can't Save Soludo, Despite Intense Lobby By Ndigbo, S/east Govs⁠ by djon78(m): 1:54pm On Jan 12, 2013
Nigeria aaa.. I weep for u, the bile being thrown around by young pple on this thread, and pple say there is hope for this country**

my own take: if soludo is guilty he should face the music, including all those that were part of the bribery be it former president, ministry official etc.

we have come to a point were if this country is serious about having a better future that all acts of coruption is severly punished.

and finally all these Igbo bashers in this thread aribabab, rhino etc are u not tired of all these ur hatred for my people. the truth be told in this present Nigeria, no other pple have contributed more to whatever success this country have managed to achieve than the Igbos, they are everywhere be it Lagos, north, south south minding their buisness and working hard, contributing to the development of where they reside. the day u will realise the value of Igbos is when each region becomes autonomous withhin Nigeria, then most of Igbos will begin to look more home ward to do their investment, thats when u will know the value of this Igbo pple u bash.

and I thank God that little by little east will develop because I am begining to see the evidence: this xmas I went home( am from Anambra) the quality of roads i drove in the east especially in my state suffice to say Lagos no get am, this is no exageration and I drove to imo state, enugu state and I was impressed by the quality of roads I saw or is it the way Onitsha is taking a new shape with wider roads, industries springing up. and pple that have never touched any part of Igboland in their lifetime will be in one part of Nigeria saying east is backward, thats a big fat lie, the diffrence in level of devolpment is small 4get all the lies being spread by the media.
Re: Why Jonathan Can't Save Soludo, Despite Intense Lobby By Ndigbo, S/east Govs⁠ by aribisala0(m): 2:03pm On Jan 12, 2013
No one has contributed more than Igbo and so they should not be subject to EFCC disturbance like other Nigerians because they are a superior people.By the way why not stay back and enjoy those quality roads we lack in Lagos
Re: Why Jonathan Can't Save Soludo, Despite Intense Lobby By Ndigbo, S/east Govs⁠ by Rhino5dm: 2:36pm On Jan 12, 2013
What's with the bold? Show me where I bashed ibos on this thread. Guy, relax and stop writing rubbish. Your brothers made it an ibo affairs. How does calling a criminal out equates to bashing ibos?
check out all internet blogs and see that Yoruba people are the ones in forefront calling Bode George, Bonkole, Tafa Balogun, Patricia Etteh bunch of criminals, why should the rules change because the man now is ibo? we can't continue protecting thieves simply because they speak our tonques. or you think I won't be the happiest person to see OBJ, IBB on chains?

when Tinubu was docked, the highest we did was to make it party affairs, of which it was going by how ACN was giving PDP nightmares.
Again, like I earlier said, Soludo is no threats to anybody to warrant any witch-hunting. Agreed the guy did well as CBN governor, but does that warrant him stealing shareholders funds?

stop giving this ethnic coloration. smh for you.

djon78: Nigeria aaa.. I weep for u, the bile being thrown around by young pple on this thread, and pple say there is hope for this country**

Re: Why Jonathan Can't Save Soludo, Despite Intense Lobby By Ndigbo, S/east Govs⁠ by Akanbiedu(m): 2:38pm On Jan 12, 2013
This

Dudu_Negro:

...and this

Dudu_Negro:

aribisala,

you are not talking to hausa or ijaw or yoruba......remember, you are talking to ibo. in all matters pertaining to political understanding they are primitive and unsophisticated. they hear you but your words have no meaning to them. there is no reference point in their political history from which to draw wisdom in application to what you described. a yoruba understands and lives it, an hausa jnderstands and lives it, so does ijaw....but for an ibo to comprehend it would be a miracle. you are wasting spit. only thing ibo understand is wielding machette in an act of savagery.

Damn. You guys are bad grin grin grin grin grin grin grin

The pattern is always the same
Re: Why Jonathan Can't Save Soludo, Despite Intense Lobby By Ndigbo, S/east Govs⁠ by Akanbiedu(m): 2:48pm On Jan 12, 2013
I think it's incorrect to say Soludo did nothing to help our banking industry. He contributed largely to the current banking industry we have now. IMO, his contribution has been a most significant one in recent times.
Re: Why Jonathan Can't Save Soludo, Despite Intense Lobby By Ndigbo, S/east Govs⁠ by aribisala0(m): 3:09pm On Jan 12, 2013
Rhino.5dm:
What's with the bold? Show me where I bashed ibos on this thread. Guy, relax and stop writing rubbish. Your brothers made it an ibo affairs. How does calling a criminal out equates to bashing ibos?
check out all internet blogs and see that Yoruba people are the ones in forefront calling Bode George, Bonkole, Tafa Balogun, Patricia Etteh bunch of criminals, why should the rules change because the man now is ibo? we can't continue protecting thieves simply because they speak our tonques. or you think I won't be the happiest person to see OBJ, IBB on chains?

when Tinubu was docked, the highest we did was to make it party affairs, of which it was going by how ACN was giving PDP nightmares.
Again, like I earlier said, Soludo is no threats to anybody to warrant any witch-hunting. Agreed the guy did well as CBN governor, but does that warrant him stealing shareholders funds?

stop giving this ethnic coloration. smh for you.

Exactly what did he do well as CBN governor. During OBJ's regime there ws a huge propaganda machine to raise the profile of Soludo,Rufai,Iweala and Ribadu all designed to lend some Seal or imprimatur of competence/integrity to OBJ and his regime. Their "achievements" are debatable and in my opinion fictional. Soludo specifically failed to detect wholesale theft of depositors funds in our major banks.I do not think we should forget this quickly as this is the most fundamental function of regulation. The Ibori/Wilbros scandal is another one and then in 2009 he came out to say the government was capable of defending the naira completey denying the extent of our woes. What we must learn from that era is t be wary of hype and "celebrity" goverment functionaries.

What really are the TANGIBLES from his time in office??

My issue here is a simple one; if he has done wrong let him face the music.Those who try to confound issues by introducing his Igbo origins insult us all. People from major ethnic groups have gone down.Yes people from major ethnic groups appear to have escaped in what seems like selective justice but again Igbos have not been left out either and there are glaring examples of this. To the best of my knowledge this is the first time we are hearing of governors from one political zone trying to intervene in a corruption prosecution.I hope it is untrue because it really is an insult to the rest of us and shows a failure to learn from history.
Re: Why Jonathan Can't Save Soludo, Despite Intense Lobby By Ndigbo, S/east Govs⁠ by DuduNegro: 4:35pm On Jan 12, 2013
dayokanu: When some people think they are smart and others are stupidd.

Who remembers the story about everyone killing their parents and the dog went to hide his own and helped kill others.

We are killing corrupt leaders in the country, We didnt find any from our tribe or those from our tribe escaped and others didnt.

alujainjain kiri jain...
gbogbo aiye pa yeye re je....
aja gbe ti e ore orun....

Fela take am sing sef. grin
Re: Why Jonathan Can't Save Soludo, Despite Intense Lobby By Ndigbo, S/east Govs⁠ by DuduNegro: 4:53pm On Jan 12, 2013
PROUD-IGBO:

^^^Nice one.

Quick question though: at what point in our chequered history as a nation did Yorubas realise that they don't want to be part of Nigeria and hence want to leave?

About the Igbos and the war: what i can say on this is what i've said severally- that Ikemba did actually make some tactical errors esp' in not doing more to convince other minorities in the east of equality of ALL groups in the new Biafra (this would have been necessary considering the fears of Igbo domination at the time), also he underestimated the slippery guile, duplicitous nature, hatred and envy of certain individuals/peoples towards Igbos at the time, maybe because they were so convincing in their act of appearing to be neutral, God-fearing and wanting a more equitable and just society from a 'mere geographical expression', but quick to stab him in the back the moment he turned.
So from the foregoing it's clear he assumed it was just the north Biafra was facing.....and any honest pundit would agree that if he had got all on-side in the east and got more 'western' allies abroad (either to remain neutral or assist militarily like that given to Nigeria), that we would be talking of a new prosperous Biafran nation today. The core north having seen that it was an impossible task to defeat Biafra in a fair fight, then depended on help from saboteurs within the east, foreign military support and on Cameroun cutting of access from the eastern flank; if the war had been between Biafra and what was left of Nigeria, everyone knows within their hearts what the outcome would be.
With the benefit of hindsight we can see that Ikemba made mistakes no doubt, but these were not borne out of malice, and this is why some Igbo-haters like you and your ilk can't understand why we still respect and revere him to this day.

Cheers. smiley

It's a new day and we are slowly making a headway when proud Igbos like yourself are humble to accept the truth and publicly admit to Ojukwu's blunder. This was impossible two years ago.

There are still many miles to go to fully remove the shroud that Ojukwu, Achebe and othe Biafran leaders draped over you to block your sight.

This new position of humility, though still colored with a tint of defiance, need to be encouraged in you. It will greatly assist in healing.

Cheers to you as well grin
Re: Why Jonathan Can't Save Soludo, Despite Intense Lobby By Ndigbo, S/east Govs⁠ by djon78(m): 6:45pm On Jan 12, 2013
aribisala0: No one has contributed more than Igbo and so they should not be subject to EFCC disturbance like other Nigerians because they are a superior people.By the way why not stay back and enjoy those quality roads we lack in Lagos

read my post, I said that if soludo is guilty he should face the music severly, why I was saying Igbo bashing was the kind of nasty and general comments u guys were now making abt Igbos, which was more of bigotry.

concerning the roads we are all demanding for better infrastructure to live a better life. once the right basic infrastructure( roads, railway, power, water) is in place economic growth directly increases. thats why I was impressed with the progress I saw when I was home 4 the yuletide, and mind u once these basic amenities are at home many of us will not need to live in other regions cos most of our buisnesses will be repatriated home, like once there is steady electricity I personally will be puting into place manufacturing plant down home to produce and export outside, thats why Goodluck ensuring steady electricity b4 2015 will be a open up a lot of things economically.
Re: Why Jonathan Can't Save Soludo, Despite Intense Lobby By Ndigbo, S/east Govs⁠ by aribisala0(m): 7:09pm On Jan 12, 2013
djon78:

read my post, I said that if soludo is guilty he should face the music severly, why I was saying Igbo bashing was the kind of nasty and general comments u guys were now making abt Igbos, which was more of bigotry.

concerning the roads we are all demanding for better infrastructure to live a better life. once the right basic infrastructure( roads, railway, power, water) is in place economic growth directly increases. thats why I was impressed with the progress I saw when I was home 4 the yuletide, and mind u once these basic amenities are at home many of us will not need to live in other regions cos most of our buisnesses will be repatriated home, like once there is steady electricity I personally will be puting into place manufacturing plant down home to produce and export outside, thats why Goodluck ensuring steady electricity b4 2015 will be a open up a lot of things economically.

Who is bashing Igbo where? You are not sincere. People are claiming Soludo is being persecuted because he is Igbo and as a result of this;
Nigeria should break up,Ojukwu ,Biafra etc.

You do not think that merits a comment. Well many of us find that very offensive and it is a shame that Igbos do not understand that.When we speak against that you talk of IGBO BASHING. It is not a surprise that Igbos find it hard to get on with any other group and this is not just in Nigeria. It is even worse in South Africa. For once stop playing the victim and try and understand other perspectives. Who brought up the issue of Igboism on this thread and how Igbos are superior to every other person.Please spare me the hypocrisy.

Let me explain what you do not understand ,Taf Balogun and Dimeji Bankole were both arrested by EFCC and charged.Yorubas accepted that no one sent governors anywhere to beg.Now some Igbos are telling us Soludo is TOO IMPORTANT. It is funny you live alongside people for so long and you have no idea what offends them or you deliberately choose to ignore it as unimportant. I urge to to reflect on this seriously.
Re: Why Jonathan Can't Save Soludo, Despite Intense Lobby By Ndigbo, S/east Govs⁠ by sbeezy8: 7:14pm On Jan 12, 2013
aribisala0: Exactly what did he do well as CBN governor. During OBJ's regime there ws a huge propaganda machine to raise the profile of Soludo,Rufai,Iweala and Ribadu all designed to lend some Seal or imprimatur of competence/integrity to OBJ and his regime. Their "achievements" are debatable and in my opinion fictional. Soludo specifically failed to detect wholesale theft of depositors funds in our major banks.I do not think we should forget this quickly as this is the most fundamental function of regulation. The Ibori/Wilbros scandal is another one and then in 2009 he came out to say the government was capable of defending the naira completey denying the extent of our woes. What we must learn from that era is t be wary of hype and "celebrity" goverment functionaries.

What really are the TANGIBLES from his time in office??

My issue here is a simple one; if he has done wrong let him face the music.Those who try to confound issues by introducing his Igbo origins insult us all. People from major ethnic groups have gone down.Yes people from major ethnic groups appear to have escaped in what seems like selective justice but again Igbos have not been left out either and there are glaring examples of this. To the best of my knowledge this is the first time we are hearing of governors from one political zone trying to intervene in a corruption prosecution.I hope it is untrue because it really is an insult to the rest of us and shows a failure to learn from history.

I agree people like to be tribal esp when talkng about obj admnistration but truth is it was not a great just better than the terrible ones before him.

people always say obj stole 14 billion for electricity. liyel imoke was minister of power and steel lol

soludo is a common criminal no different than bankole george
Re: Why Jonathan Can't Save Soludo, Despite Intense Lobby By Ndigbo, S/east Govs⁠ by sbeezy8: 7:17pm On Jan 12, 2013
djon78:

sorry i dont know what electricity has to do with anything in terms of igbo repatriating back hoe are you telling us that electricity all over the country is better than igboland? or something

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply)

Senate Approves Seven Years Jail Term For '‘yahoo Boys’' / Photos -nnamdi Kanu In Japan With Ipob Members / Apostle Johnson Suleman: Pray For Senate President, I Saw Him Removed.

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 120
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.