Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,761 members, 7,809,928 topics. Date: Friday, 26 April 2024 at 05:23 PM

Why Jonathan Can't Save Soludo, Despite Intense Lobby By Ndigbo, S/east Govs⁠ - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Why Jonathan Can't Save Soludo, Despite Intense Lobby By Ndigbo, S/east Govs⁠ (4432 Views)

S-east Govs Divided Over Pro-biafra Struggle - Vanguard / Why We Chose GMB Despite Intense Pressure From Tompolo To Support GEJ –itsekiri / Jonathan Can't Control His Wife, Patience- Wikileak's Report (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply) (Go Down)

Why Jonathan Can't Save Soludo, Despite Intense Lobby By Ndigbo, S/east Govs⁠ by madone: 2:58pm On Jan 11, 2013

Strong indications have emerged that despite the growing political pressure on President Goodluck Jonathan to save embattled Ex-Governor of the Central Bank of Nigeria (CBN), Mr Charles Soludo, from the hands of the dreaded International Police (Interpol) and the Economic and Financial Crimes Commission (EFCC), there is very little the President can do to protect him.

FrontiersNews Investigation revealed that barely five hours the news of Soludo's arrest hits the airwaves, governors of the South-East geo-political zone and the Pan-Igbo socio-cultural organisations, Ndigbo and Ohaneze have begun plea moves to the President to save Soludo, fondly called "the Soludo Solution".

It was gathered that in as much Aso Rock would have loved to show mercy on the "Soludo Scandal Saga" saving him would certainly be seen as strong sense of compromise by Mr President on his resolve on the fight against corruption.

An impeccable source told FrontiersNews that Soludo's case was further worsened by the fact that much more than the Nigerian anti-graft agency, the EFCC, the international crime control organisation, Interpol has a special interest in the fraudulent conduct of the scandalous Soludo as CBN boss.

"Mr President's intervention would undoubtedly send very wrong signals to the international community that indeed Nigeria was not ready and can't fight corruption; so I feel very strongly that Oga is constrained to intervene in a matter that is strictly beyond his control", our source disclosed.

The former CBN boss was arrested thursday by the EFCC over weighty allegation of multi billion naira fraud and bribery scandal levelled against him by some multinational companies while in office as CBN governor.

"Soludo should have been in jail before now for the atrocities he committed why he was CBN governor", the presidential aide said adding that "you can't steal from government and turn around to be abusing the same government. You won't have rest. If you leave office you are automatically on your own and instead of him to keep quiet, he is busy abusing government and everybody"

A top presidential aide and EFCC sources confirmed to FrontiersNews that Soludo is presently been detained at the EFCC headquarters, Abuja for immediate prosecution.

FrontiersNews findings shows that the former CBN governor's arrest followed the existence of overwhelming evidence by the interpol and EFCC for different shades of financial crimes by the embattled former CBN boss.

"Soludo should have been in jail before now for the atrocities he committed why he was CBN governor", the presidential aide said adding that "you can't steal from government and turn around to be abusing the same government. You won't have rest. If you leave office you are automatically on your own and instead of him to keep quiet, he is busy abusing government and everybody".

The source explained that "the international community has been keeping a tab on Soludo and I think they have given the EFCC enough information that will put him behind bar for so many years. He is going to end up like Ibori".

A senior minister in the President Goodluck Jonathan's government who would not like his name in print over the scandal told FrontiersNews that the Australian Government through the Interpol has been investigating Soludo for bribery allegation for a long time.

"I am aware that Soludo has been under investigations for a long time now. The investigation has to do with the printing of currency notes during Solud's tenure as CBN governor. The information available to us showed that he was involved in huge bribery scandal involving printing of Nigeria currency".

The source stated further that he was shocked that the former CBN governor "would subject himself to such scandalous behaviour. It is pure greed and he should pay for i
Re: Why Jonathan Can't Save Soludo, Despite Intense Lobby By Ndigbo, S/east Govs⁠ by olunavi(m): 3:21pm On Jan 11, 2013
madone:

Strong indications have emerged that despite the growing political pressure on President Goodluck Jonathan to save embattled Ex-Governor of the Central Bank of Nigeria (CBN), Mr Charles Soludo, from the hands of the dreaded International Police (Interpol) and the Economic and Financial Crimes Commission (EFCC), there is very little the President can do to protect him.

FrontiersNews Investigation revealed that barely five hours the news of Soludo's arrest hits the airwaves, governors of the South-East geo-political zone and the Pan-Igbo socio-cultural organisations, Ndigbo and Ohaneze have begun plea moves to the President to save Soludo, fondly called "the Soludo Solution".

It was gathered that in as much Aso Rock would have loved to show mercy on the "Soludo Scandal Saga" saving him would certainly be seen as strong sense of compromise by Mr President on his resolve on the fight against corruption.

An impeccable source told FrontiersNews that Soludo's case was further worsened by the fact that much more than the Nigerian anti-graft agency, the EFCC, the international crime control organisation, Interpol has a special interest in the fraudulent conduct of the scandalous Soludo as CBN boss.

"Mr President's intervention would undoubtedly send very wrong signals to the international community that indeed Nigeria was not ready and can't fight corruption; so I feel very strongly that Oga is constrained to intervene in a matter that is strictly beyond his control", our source disclosed.

The former CBN boss was arrested thursday by the EFCC over weighty allegation of multi billion naira fraud and bribery scandal levelled against him by some multinational companies while in office as CBN governor.

"Soludo should have been in jail before now for the atrocities he committed why he was CBN governor", the presidential aide said adding that "you can't steal from government and turn around to be abusing the same government. You won't have rest. If you leave office you are automatically on your own and instead of him to keep quiet, he is busy abusing government and everybody"

A top presidential aide and EFCC sources confirmed to FrontiersNews that Soludo is presently been detained at the EFCC headquarters, Abuja for immediate prosecution.

FrontiersNews findings shows that the former CBN governor's arrest followed the existence of overwhelming evidence by the interpol and EFCC for different shades of financial crimes by the embattled former CBN boss.

"Soludo should have been in jail before now for the atrocities he committed why he was CBN governor", the presidential aide said adding that "you can't steal from government and turn around to be abusing the same government. You won't have rest. If you leave office you are automatically on your own and instead of him to keep quiet, he is busy abusing government and everybody".

The source explained that "the international community has been keeping a tab on Soludo and I think they have given the EFCC enough information that will put him behind bar for so many years. He is going to end up like Ibori".

A senior minister in the President Goodluck Jonathan's government who would not like his name in print over the scandal told FrontiersNews that the Australian Government through the Interpol has been investigating Soludo for bribery allegation for a long time.

"I am aware that Soludo has been under investigations for a long time now. The investigation has to do with the printing of currency notes during Solud's tenure as CBN governor. The information available to us showed that he was involved in huge bribery scandal involving printing of Nigeria currency".

The source stated further that he was shocked that the former CBN governor "would subject himself to such scandalous behaviour. It is pure greed and he should pay for i
ok
Re: Why Jonathan Can't Save Soludo, Despite Intense Lobby By Ndigbo, S/east Govs⁠ by kunlekunle: 3:34pm On Jan 11, 2013
that may be the case,
its called selective victimisation.
Any credible naija capable of contending the presidency is going down.
Re: Why Jonathan Can't Save Soludo, Despite Intense Lobby By Ndigbo, S/east Govs⁠ by babapupa: 3:49pm On Jan 11, 2013
kunlekunle: that may be the case,
its called selective victimisation.
Any credible naija capable of contending the presidency is going down.

The Australian government and intetpol picked on him selectively too?

4 Likes

Re: Why Jonathan Can't Save Soludo, Despite Intense Lobby By Ndigbo, S/east Govs⁠ by Abagworo(m): 3:59pm On Jan 11, 2013
I don't know the reasons but there have been efforts to sweep Soludo's banking revolution under the carpet or make it look ordinary. I can remember when there were only like 10 banks in Port Harcourt and its about 12 years ago. People were carrying cash from East to Lagos to buy goods, there was no banking. I weep for Nigeria anyway.
Re: Why Jonathan Can't Save Soludo, Despite Intense Lobby By Ndigbo, S/east Govs⁠ by madone: 4:04pm On Jan 11, 2013
20150is on remove the ones you can't rig out.but the igbos av not been much a threat to the 20150presidential race.I suppose his mouth and plenty grammar has earn him a room in the EFCC mansions.no be plenty American accent they take they run nija political things you got to be shape like fani kayode and smart like Reuben Abeti
Re: Why Jonathan Can't Save Soludo, Despite Intense Lobby By Ndigbo, S/east Govs⁠ by Rhino5dm: 4:28pm On Jan 11, 2013
Thunder fire you! Mod should earnestly start banning animals that will quote the whole article just to make fun. Fool.

olunavi: ok

5 Likes

Re: Why Jonathan Can't Save Soludo, Despite Intense Lobby By Ndigbo, S/east Govs⁠ by madone: 4:38pm On Jan 11, 2013
This is why they said we are the 20th saddest nation in the world cos there are so many mad people on the street who thing they can rule more insane people in an insane enironment.so many people feed from dustbin with joy even though they are on suit and tie
Re: Why Jonathan Can't Save Soludo, Despite Intense Lobby By Ndigbo, S/east Govs⁠ by Rhino5dm: 4:50pm On Jan 11, 2013
Do you need octopus Paul to tell you that Soludo is a thief? How else can one explain the rationale behind looking the other way while Cecilia, Erastus were looting billions?

I don't care the motives behind arresting him, all I care is all thieves should be cooling off in kirikiri maximum prison. I laugh in recession.

5 Likes

Re: Why Jonathan Can't Save Soludo, Despite Intense Lobby By Ndigbo, S/east Govs⁠ by heed101(m): 5:17pm On Jan 11, 2013
Game over for him. Nigerian politics is a game angry
Re: Why Jonathan Can't Save Soludo, Despite Intense Lobby By Ndigbo, S/east Govs⁠ by seanet01: 5:29pm On Jan 11, 2013
Nice one.
That ediot was a culprit in the hundreds of thousands of Naira i lost buying those phantom Intercontinental Bank shares. Jail the ediot.
Re: Why Jonathan Can't Save Soludo, Despite Intense Lobby By Ndigbo, S/east Govs⁠ by ninja4life(m): 5:30pm On Jan 11, 2013
SOLUDO 4 PRESIDENT 2015
i laff in chinese
Re: Why Jonathan Can't Save Soludo, Despite Intense Lobby By Ndigbo, S/east Govs⁠ by Sealeddeal(m): 5:52pm On Jan 11, 2013
Who cares if Soludo is arrested? He is going down just like Ifeanyi Ubah.
Re: Why Jonathan Can't Save Soludo, Despite Intense Lobby By Ndigbo, S/east Govs⁠ by seunfly: 5:54pm On Jan 11, 2013
Rhino.5dm:
Do you need octopus Paul to tell you that Soludo is a thief? How else can one explain the rationale behind looking the other way while Cecilia, Erastus were looting billions?

I don't care the motives behind arresting him, all I care is all thieves should be cooling off in kirikiri maximum prison. I laugh in recession.
If that is the case, can you please tell me any top man in Nigeria from public, private, political and academic organisation who is not a thei**f or has no skeleton in is closet. The truth is that it is easy to bring anybody down in Nigeria if need be. That is why it is difficult to oppose the incubent gov. Hence we have weak opposition party.
Re: Why Jonathan Can't Save Soludo, Despite Intense Lobby By Ndigbo, S/east Govs⁠ by Nobody: 6:00pm On Jan 11, 2013
Witchhunting. Anyway, I'll like to know the full details of the case before I can make any reasonable comment.
Re: Why Jonathan Can't Save Soludo, Despite Intense Lobby By Ndigbo, S/east Govs⁠ by madone: 6:08pm On Jan 11, 2013
Yess! Jail him , finish him ! Weti the guy do wen oda av not done.obj is talking tough today like he is the wisest nija man after all he did as a president. No EFCC no London Interpol nothing is happening to hime but he can go on CNN to blast any thin out.where is Dimeji Bankole,where is Atiku, all this them big thei**ves are chilling out and na this small American accent Soludo they wan punish abi
Re: Why Jonathan Can't Save Soludo, Despite Intense Lobby By Ndigbo, S/east Govs⁠ by PROUDIGBO(m): 6:15pm On Jan 11, 2013
Rhino.5dm:

^^^And we don't need to consult an oracle before we know you're a grade one bigot!

Who the hell told you he looked the other way while Cecilia and Erastus were looting billions?.....an investigation was carried out, in which Soludo was found 'criminally' culpable? I suppose that Alan Greenspan was criminally responsible for Bernie Madoffs' ponzi scheme fraud in the USA, and the US subprime mortgage crisis?; also, you can just as well call for the head of Gordon Brown for being responsible for the failing and subsequent nationalisation and majority equity take-up of Northern Rock and the Royal Bank of Scotland respectively (both British institutions).

If there's been any accusations levelled against him (whether by EFCC or INTERPOL), it is prejudicial of you to call Soludo a 'thief' when he's yet to be tried and convicted of anything; you just seem to be getting excited that an Igbo man is being brought down a peg or two, and i'm sure you're secretly praying that one or two of any accusations against him sticks.....just like most of you were praying that Okonjo-Iweala didn't get the world bank job (of course you and your ilk wouldn't admit it, but the main reason you lot hate her is b'cos she's Igbo).

It appears you aren't aware of just how dirty ethno-religious/partisan politics can be in this country, and you seem to think that any travails Soludo may be facing has nothing to do with these factors.....how trusting of you; this is the same Nigeria where OBJ, IBB, Atiku, Farouk Lawan, etc(and all the other thousands of political elite that can't explain the source of their stupendous wealth, or proof of payment commensurate tax)......this is the same country where all these men are walking free today, and you want to believe that the gov't or EFCC is totally honest and upright in ALL their dealings?.....that Nigeria is a country where justice reigns supreme?; abeg no make me laugh.
Re: Why Jonathan Can't Save Soludo, Despite Intense Lobby By Ndigbo, S/east Govs⁠ by aribisala0(m): 6:20pm On Jan 11, 2013
So you never called anyone a thief on Nairaland
Re: Why Jonathan Can't Save Soludo, Despite Intense Lobby By Ndigbo, S/east Govs⁠ by madone: 6:26pm On Jan 11, 2013
aribisala0: So you never called anyone a thief on Nairaland
abi for fear of MOd .some small boys
Re: Why Jonathan Can't Save Soludo, Despite Intense Lobby By Ndigbo, S/east Govs⁠ by PROUDIGBO(m): 6:31pm On Jan 11, 2013
This is why i say Nigerias' structure and political make-up needs to be re-constituted before 2015, make everybody hansa im papa name; the centre needs to be weakened considerably with more power given to the regions or federating units.

Let every region or ethincity depend on the manpower and human resources within their borders to grow; and then we won't have a situation where the 'Nigerian factor' is decimating and belittling all our bright sons and daughters. If Nigeria doesn't want them or appreciate their value, then we can keep them to ourselves to work for our benefit solely; and i'm talking of bright minds like Soludo, Okonjo-Iweala, Nnaji, Akunyili, Ezekwesili, Anyaoku, Otteh, Osita Chidoka, Utomi, and all the other imirikiti sons and daughters that make me proud to be Igbo
Re: Why Jonathan Can't Save Soludo, Despite Intense Lobby By Ndigbo, S/east Govs⁠ by Rhino5dm: 6:35pm On Jan 11, 2013
All the sermon because a thief is identified and facing criminal charges? Do you by any chance know the amount I lost in share capital when Soludo was colluding with these thieves to scam the hell out of shareholders? I sensed you need a brain surgery to get rid of the maggots eating deep into your head.

Oh, yes Soludo is thief in the ranks of Otedola, Farook and Bode George.

PROUD-IGBO:

^^^And we don't need to consult an oracle before we know you're a grade one bigot!

Who the hell told you he looked the other way while Cecilia and Erastus were looting billions?.....an investigation was carried out, in which Soludo was found 'criminally' culpable? I suppose that Alan Greenspan was criminally responsible for Bernie Madoffs' ponzi scheme fraud in the USA, and the US subprime mortgage crisis?; also, you can just as well call for the head of Gordon Brown for being responsible for the failing and subsequent nationalisation and majority equity take-up of Northern Rock and the Royal Bank of Scotland respectively (both British institutions).

If there's been any accusations levelled against him (whether by EFCC or INTERPOL), it is prejudicial of you to call Soludo a 'thief' when he's yet to be tried and convicted of anything; you just seem to be getting excited that an Igbo man is being brought down a peg or two, and i'm sure you're secretly praying that one or two of any accusations against him sticks.....just like most of you were praying that Okonjo-Iweala didn't get the world bank job (of course you and your ilk wouldn't admit it, but the main reason you lot hate her is b'cos she's Igbo).

It appears you aren't aware of just how dirty ethno-religious/partisan politics can be in this country, and you seem to think that any travails Soludo may be facing has nothing to do with these factors.....how trusting of you; this is the same Nigeria where OBJ, IBB, Atiku, Farouk Lawan, etc(and all the other thousands of political elite that can't explain the source of their stupendous wealth, or proof of payment commensurate tax)......this is the same country where all these men are walking free today, and you want to believe that the gov't or EFCC is totally honest and upright in ALL their dealings?.....that Nigeria is a country where justice reigns supreme?; abeg no make me laugh.
Re: Why Jonathan Can't Save Soludo, Despite Intense Lobby By Ndigbo, S/east Govs⁠ by PROUDIGBO(m): 6:36pm On Jan 11, 2013
aribisala0: So you never called anyone a thief on Nairaland

^^^I don't think it's ok to zero in on a particular individual (esp' one that hasn't had his day in court and been convicted of anything).....normally i refer to 'thieving politicians' as a collective.
Re: Why Jonathan Can't Save Soludo, Despite Intense Lobby By Ndigbo, S/east Govs⁠ by aribisala0(m): 6:38pm On Jan 11, 2013
PROUD-IGBO:

^^^I don't think it's ok to zero in on a particular individual (esp' one that hasn't had his day in court and been convicted of anything).....normally i refer to 'thieving politicians' as a collective.
Have you never done what you now preach against or are you being hypocritical. I trust Nairalanders dem go show you your photo. Once again have you not directed comments at the likes of OBJ,IBB and others who have never been in court?
Re: Why Jonathan Can't Save Soludo, Despite Intense Lobby By Ndigbo, S/east Govs⁠ by Rhino5dm: 6:40pm On Jan 11, 2013
Agreed all public servants are thieves, so we should let this one go free? Dude, where is your logic?

seunfly:
If that is the case, can you please tell me any top man in Nigeria from public, private, political and academic organisation who is not a thei**f or has no skeleton in is closet. The truth is that it is easy to bring anybody down in Nigeria if need be. That is why it is difficult to oppose the incubent gov. Hence we have weak opposition party.
Re: Why Jonathan Can't Save Soludo, Despite Intense Lobby By Ndigbo, S/east Govs⁠ by Nobody: 6:44pm On Jan 11, 2013
What a BIG SHAME. He is a victim of a culture that is corrupt down to its roots. Only the strongest can ressist.
Re: Why Jonathan Can't Save Soludo, Despite Intense Lobby By Ndigbo, S/east Govs⁠ by babapupa: 6:50pm On Jan 11, 2013
I see this crook ending up in a foreign prison like ibori...
Re: Why Jonathan Can't Save Soludo, Despite Intense Lobby By Ndigbo, S/east Govs⁠ by Nobody: 6:50pm On Jan 11, 2013
Rhino.5dm:

It's not even rocket science, it's as simple as abc. Soludo should be prosecuted.
Re: Why Jonathan Can't Save Soludo, Despite Intense Lobby By Ndigbo, S/east Govs⁠ by Nobody: 7:07pm On Jan 11, 2013
Tribalists on the prowl.
Re: Why Jonathan Can't Save Soludo, Despite Intense Lobby By Ndigbo, S/east Govs⁠ by aribisala0(m): 7:10pm On Jan 11, 2013
I believe there is more to debate than

OjukwuIgboBiafraOjukwuIgboBiafraOjukwuIgboBiafraOjukwuIgboBiafraOjukwuIgboBiafraOjukwuIgboBiafraOjukwuIgboBiafraOjukwuIgboBiafraOjukwuIgboBiafraOjukwuIgboBiafraOjukwuIgboBiafraOjukwuIgboBiafraOjukwuIgboBiafraOjukwuIgboBiafraOjukwuIgboBiafraOjukwuIgboBiafraOjukwuIgboBiafraOjukwuIgboBiafraOjukwuIgboBiafraOjukwuIgboBiafra

OjukwuIgboBiafraOjukwuIgboBiafraOjukwuIgboBiafraOjukwuIgboBiafraOjukwuIgboBiafraOjukwuIgboBiafraOjukwuIgboBiafraOjukwuIgboBiafraOjukwuIgboBiafraOjukwuIgboBiafraOjukwuIgboBiafraOjukwuIgboBiafraOjukwuIgboBiafra

Surely there is another perspective??
Re: Why Jonathan Can't Save Soludo, Despite Intense Lobby By Ndigbo, S/east Govs⁠ by Abagworo(m): 7:14pm On Jan 11, 2013
Prof Corruption:

It's not even rocket science, it's as simple as abc. Soludo should be prosecuted.

Soludo changed Nigerian banking system to its present state. We should all appreciate him.
Re: Why Jonathan Can't Save Soludo, Despite Intense Lobby By Ndigbo, S/east Govs⁠ by Nobody: 7:18pm On Jan 11, 2013
Abagworo:

Soludo changed Nigerian banking system to its present state. We should all appreciate him.

grin grin grin There is no correlation between your statement and allegations of corruption levied against Soludo.
Re: Why Jonathan Can't Save Soludo, Despite Intense Lobby By Ndigbo, S/east Govs⁠ by fkaz(m): 7:21pm On Jan 11, 2013
madone:

Another scapegoat like uba grin grin grin

Known sentiment attach to this, but i wish oga will not be constrained in prosecuting halliburton sandal involving Atiku, Abdulsalam and others.

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply)

Nigeria To Have Nuclear Power Plants ''Within Months'' / New Map Of Nigeria Under GEJ / [photos] IPOB Finally Reveals Mystery About Nnamdi Kanu The World Never Knew

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 70
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.