Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,133 members, 7,818,412 topics. Date: Sunday, 05 May 2024 at 02:44 PM

Divorce Settlement And Child-Support Be Introduced In Nigeria? - Family (10) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Family / Divorce Settlement And Child-Support Be Introduced In Nigeria? (21276 Views)

Wife Awarded The Sum Of N92 BILLION For Divorce Settlement / Ex-wife Pays Divorce Settlement In Coins, Rice And Beans / The Nonsense Called Divorce Settlement (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (7) (8) (9) (10) (11) (12) (13) ... (15) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Divorce Settlement And Child-Support Be Introduced In Nigeria? by ocelot2006(m): 7:21am On Jan 16, 2013
baby_123:

Dayo, what exactly are you saying? Just say from your own experience and the women around you. Are couples going to come out and confess to you that they jointly own properties? What is so difficult to comprehend in that? Because you have surrounded yourself with a little crowd, you are now in over-drive on your true thoughts. Honestly this thread has gone to sh*it. The fact remains these laws will be paSsed, only a matter of time. No matter how you want to kick and scream, you will still pay. Abegi! *with this I exit this thread*

What laws? In obodo Nigeria abi? Keep dreaming Missy.
Re: Divorce Settlement And Child-Support Be Introduced In Nigeria? by ocelot2006(m): 7:36am On Jan 16, 2013
dayokanu:

It seems your retardation is inherited and genetic cos no one can be acting this dumb.

Any woman who gives money to her husband to buy a land should share the property. But in a case where the woman contributes nothing Tell me one reason why she should get anything?

So if women dont invest their money what do they do with the money? Any woman who contributes financially to any asset should get part of it, Not stupid and insane stuff like she contributed emotional, Spiritual psychological rubbish

I ask why cant she use that Spiritual emotional and psychological to develop herself

Men who get fat during marriage was probably as a result of getting older, Its like saying more men have grey hairs when married than when single

-My friend went to UNILAG got a first class, Went to Imperial college for Masters got a distinction, worked in a consulting firm, and an Investment Bank after few years wrote GMAT scored 730 got into the best Business School in the world - Wharton. He wrote CFA and passed, He now works with a Hedge fund and he is not married yet

If in 10yrs time he becomes Minister of Finance and makes a fortune now some 2 left legged woman would waka and say she was the one who made him? HOW? Was she there with him in Primary, Secondary School, UNILAG, Imperial College, Wharton, CFA classes and those qualifications that made him a hot property.

Like Kobe Bryant said BITTCH YOU WASN'T WITH ME SHOOTING IN THE GYM

Hey, maybe his future wife must have supplied the "emotional and psychological balance" in advance cheesy .surely, that must explain your friend's success, not his handwork at all cheesy .
Re: Divorce Settlement And Child-Support Be Introduced In Nigeria? by Gudintent: 7:40am On Jan 16, 2013
I see a metrosexual man
On bended knee, iPad on one hand
asking ' will you marry me'
But before you answer
Sign this pre-nup

Who says romance is dead! cheesy

As u were!
Re: Divorce Settlement And Child-Support Be Introduced In Nigeria? by Sagamite(m): 7:47am On Jan 16, 2013
Gudintent: I see a metrosexual man
On bended knee, iPad on one hand
asking ' will you marry me'
But before you answer
Sign this pre-nup

Who says romance is dead! cheesy

As u were!

As long as my marriage is going to be subject to Western laws, fck any woman's concept of romance.

Romance my bleeping Sagamu-Peckham flavoured arsse.

Maybe a prenup isn't 'romantic' but lots of things about marriage - when it goes wrong - aren't romantic - including men being taken to the cleaners.

2 Likes

Re: Divorce Settlement And Child-Support Be Introduced In Nigeria? by Nobody: 7:50am On Jan 16, 2013
OKay. So does a man deserve a divorce settlement from his wife?
Re: Divorce Settlement And Child-Support Be Introduced In Nigeria? by Sagamite(m): 8:03am On Jan 16, 2013
jennykadry: OKay. So does a man deserve a divorce settlement from his wife?

1. EVERYONE should work for their money and NO ONE should live a life they cannot, and would have not been able to, afford off the back of another's sweat.

2. The best attempts should be made that NO ONE loses out because they married.

3. EVERYONE should leave with the sane and realistic value of what they contributed.

Those should be the foundation premises of any sane divorce laws.
Re: Divorce Settlement And Child-Support Be Introduced In Nigeria? by Nobody: 8:08am On Jan 16, 2013
I marry Johnny Depp. I am used to wearing cheap perfumes, shoes and clothes. Being a multi-millionaire, he decides that I must wear designer stuff. He spoiled me rotten with CL, Louis, Gucci, Chanel,McQueen, a lamborghini etc. We get divorced, is it not his duty to make sure that he maintains the life style he insisted on, in the first place?
Re: Divorce Settlement And Child-Support Be Introduced In Nigeria? by Sagamite(m): 8:13am On Jan 16, 2013
jennykadry: I marry Johnny Depp. I am used to wearing cheap perfumes, shoes and clothes. Being a multi-millionaire, he decides that I must wear designer stuff. He spoils me rotten with CL, Louis, Gucci, Chanel,McQueen, a lamborghini etc. We get divorced, is it not his duty to make sure that he maintains the life style he insisted on, in the first place?

You are taking the piss right? grin grin grin grin grin grin grin

Well, lets go! cheesy

You also spoil Johnny Depp rotten. You cooked his meals, washed his clothes and gave him 6 hours fuku faka 4 times a week to make sure he had the spiritual (baba nla spiritual), emotional and psychological balance to give that Oscar performance. You get divorced, is it not your duty to make sure that he maintains the life style you insisted on, in the first place? Should the courts not order you to keep going to his place after divorce to make his meals, wash his clothes, iron them and give fuku faka fuku faka action?

6 Likes

Re: Divorce Settlement And Child-Support Be Introduced In Nigeria? by ocelot2006(m): 8:24am On Jan 16, 2013
Sagamite:

Well, lets go! cheesy

You also spoil Johnny Depp rotten. You cooked his meals, washed his clothes and gave him 6 hours fuku faka 4 times a week to make sure he had the spiritual (baba nla spiritual), emotional and psychological balance to give that Oscar performance. You get divorced, is it not your duty to make sure that he maintains the life style you insisted on, in the first place? Should the courts not order you to keep going to his place after divorce to make his meals, wash his clothes, iron them and give fuku faka fuku faka action?

LMAO!!!!!!!!!!!!cheesy cheesy EXCellent points raised, Sagamite!! Oya madam, answer nah cheesy .
Re: Divorce Settlement And Child-Support Be Introduced In Nigeria? by Nobody: 8:31am On Jan 16, 2013
Sagamite:

Well, lets go! cheesy

grin I don't cook his meals, or wash his clothes. He pays people to do all that for him. I am not obliged by law to continue having s3x with him but it is his responsibility as the bread winner to take care of his kids and the woman he has spoilt WITH MATERIAL THINGS cool
Re: Divorce Settlement And Child-Support Be Introduced In Nigeria? by Sagamite(m): 8:36am On Jan 16, 2013
jennykadry:

grin I don't cook his meals, or wash his clothes. He pays people to do all that for him. I am not obliged by law to continue having s3x with him but it is his responsibility as the bread winner to take care of his kids and the woman he has spoilt WITH MATERIAL THINGS cool

So basically you contributed nothing but yet want something? grin grin grin

If you had his kids, surely you must have at least contributed fuku fuka, hence he is used to that you PUUNANI THINGS so you should continue contributing it? cheesy

If you claim you no dey contribute fuku faka to his spiritual, emotional and psychological balance that makes him assume the character of his script(according to our resident person), then the kids must have not been his so he should not pay child support paa paa. grin
Re: Divorce Settlement And Child-Support Be Introduced In Nigeria? by Nobody: 8:39am On Jan 16, 2013
Sagamite:

If you had his kids, surely you must have at least contributed fuku fuka, hence he is used to that you PUUNANI THINGS so you should continue contributing it? cheesy

If you claim you no dey contribute fuku faka to his spiritual, emotional and psychological balance that makes him assume the character of his script(according to our resident person), then the kids must have not been his so he should not pay child support paa paa. grin

Saga egbe enu'e dake. angry A man who insists I most wear expensive things had better settle me one off and be done with it. Seeing that he is JD, I would gladly settle him one off in fukufaka businesss cool After I get my money, I disappear and I expect him to do same. His children, he must care for. If he buys his daughter $80k on every birthday then he better prepare to do same until she is way past 18.
Re: Divorce Settlement And Child-Support Be Introduced In Nigeria? by Sagamite(m): 8:52am On Jan 16, 2013
jennykadry:

Saga egbe enu'e dake. angry A man who insists I most wear expensive things had better settle me one off and be done with it. Seeing that he is JD, I would gladly settle him one off in fukufaka businesss cool After I get my money, I disappear and I expect him to do same. His children, he must care for. If he buys his daughter $80k on every birthday then he better prepare to do same until she is way past 18.

Nah, the courts would not agree. It is his human right to maintain the lifestyle he is used to. So you have to consistently give that fuku faka he is used to once he calls you to report for duty. If you don't report then he should cut out payment for your shoes.

By the way, if you marry Baba Sala too, then after divorce logically the courts should ensure you don't exceed the suffering you are used to. grin Any attempt to improve your life should be seen as contempt of court. cool

1 Like

Re: Divorce Settlement And Child-Support Be Introduced In Nigeria? by ocelot2006(m): 10:28am On Jan 16, 2013
jennykadry:

Let me this straight..you don't contribute a dime to the marriage, yet you feel entitled to part of the man's wealth cos he improved your lifestyle? Abeg look for another maga.

Btw madam, are you married at all? Cos definitely won't say sex isn't an important and compulsory part of marriage.
Re: Divorce Settlement And Child-Support Be Introduced In Nigeria? by FXKing2012(m): 11:57am On Jan 16, 2013
jennykadry: LMAO I knew I would find Dayo and Saga here. grin grin grin
Looks like you know these male chauvinists from somewhere, they must have built a reputation for themselves.

I pity any woman who marries these two cos they gonna use her and send her packing empty handed. I pray no female family member of mine comes in contact with these heartless souls.
Re: Divorce Settlement And Child-Support Be Introduced In Nigeria? by flexshop(m): 3:20pm On Jan 16, 2013
FXKing2012:
Looks like you know these male chauvinists from somewhere, they must have built a reputation for themselves.

I pity any woman who marries these two cos they gonna use her and send her packing empty handed. I pray no female family member of mine comes in contact with these heartless souls.

Mr. Man,if you have nothing to say dan disrespect people representing my opinion,go n dive into d nearest lagoon................instead of making logical points,U̶̲̥̅̊ are spittin rubbish mtchewwn...haven't you heard of this legal clause 'semper necessitas probandi incumbit ei qui agit'
Re: Divorce Settlement And Child-Support Be Introduced In Nigeria? by dayokanu(m): 3:22pm On Jan 16, 2013
FXKing2012:

Since when has it become heartless to tell a human to take only what he/she brought into a relationship.

So when you get home tell your sisters and brothers that there is somewhere you can get what you did not sow.

Th elaw of life is to reap whatever you sow. But legendary daft people are advocating that people reap where they did not sow.

If the man in the course of the marriage was using his own money to buy clothes and shoes too maybe when they divorce they would come and share used clothes

And those hoping it would be law in Nigeria it can never be. Half of Nigerians are Moslems who are allowed to be Polygamous So how do you share the property of a Polygamous man
Re: Divorce Settlement And Child-Support Be Introduced In Nigeria? by Nobody: 4:04pm On Jan 16, 2013
ocelot2006:

Let me this straight..you don't contribute a dime to the marriage, yet you feel entitled to part of the man's wealth cos he improved your lifestyle? Abeg look for another maga.

Btw madam, are you married at all? Cos definitely won't say sex isn't an important and compulsory part of marriage.

My argument is with sagamite. Look elsewhere
Re: Divorce Settlement And Child-Support Be Introduced In Nigeria? by ocelot2006(m): 5:09pm On Jan 16, 2013
jennykadry:

My argument is with sagamite. Look elsewhere

It's an open forum, and I equally have the right to air my opinion on this subject. But hey, feel free to hit the ignore button.
Re: Divorce Settlement And Child-Support Be Introduced In Nigeria? by 2good(m): 6:04pm On Jan 16, 2013
Sagamite:

And some people would say I shouldn't call people like him person? That restriction would be a crime to humanity.

How can someone be allowed to be that dumb? It is emotional, spiritual and psychological support of Usain Bolt's wife that is making him run fast or the dedication to training he himself says he hates but has to do?

Honestly, the guy needs his brain blown to shreds. Imagine this person being drafted into jury service? The case should automatically be ruled a mistrial.

You need to go to the religious section to see the kind of topic that FXKing2012 is raising. The guy is just absolutely daft in all subject matter. Infact his IQ will be in the negative range.
Re: Divorce Settlement And Child-Support Be Introduced In Nigeria? by FXKing2012(m): 6:34pm On Jan 16, 2013
2good:

You need to go to the religious section to see the kind of topic that FXKing2012 is raising. The guy is just absolutely daft in all subject matter. Infact his IQ will be in the negative range.
You are an atheist...anybody who thinks there is no God despite all we see (and dont see) around us is definitely a moronic imbe.cile.
Re: Divorce Settlement And Child-Support Be Introduced In Nigeria? by ocelot2006(m): 6:41pm On Jan 16, 2013
We sure have a number of sissy-men and woman-wrappers running around this thread. 'wonder were they lost their balls.
Re: Divorce Settlement And Child-Support Be Introduced In Nigeria? by armyofone(m): 6:42pm On Jan 16, 2013
You don't have to contribute anything to want something. It is a marriage and what is yours is mine. Black guys complain too much.
Thank goodness for oyinbo law of 'garnishment' grin

Sagamite:

Re: Divorce Settlement And Child-Support Be Introduced In Nigeria? by 2good(m): 6:53pm On Jan 16, 2013
armyofone: You don't have to contribute anything to want something. It is a marriage and what is yours is mine. Black guys complain too much.

Thesame oyinbo that will tell you to contribute 50% of your salary for house rent and every other house keep? You black women are really confused people that want to eat your cake and have it. Many of you guys marry a blackman and contribute nothing in the marriage except sex yet you want to benefit what the white woman benefits after divorce.
Re: Divorce Settlement And Child-Support Be Introduced In Nigeria? by Sagamite(m): 6:54pm On Jan 16, 2013
FXKing2012:

You are a person!

Mugu, I think any woman that marries you is who we should pity. Why would any sane woman couple with a person so he can pass his genes to her offsprings and create fucktardinhos.

2good:

Thanks, bruv.

I don't really need to go there. I just need to see about 2-4 opinion post by someone to judge his IQ. I knew he was a person right from the first two I saw on this thread.

It is a pity he thinks my calling him person is an insult. It is not, he is a pure person like I said from my first post to him.
Re: Divorce Settlement And Child-Support Be Introduced In Nigeria? by Sagamite(m): 6:55pm On Jan 16, 2013
armyofone: You don't have to contribute anything to want something. It is a marriage and what is yours is mine. Black guys complain too much.

Eh-ehn!

Ole! Barawo! Mrs 95%. grin
Re: Divorce Settlement And Child-Support Be Introduced In Nigeria? by armyofone(m): 7:09pm On Jan 16, 2013
The same oyinbos do stay at home moms more than any group. Bill Gate's mom was a stay at home mom. I think Melinda Gate at some point was a stay at home mom. I wonder if Mr. Gate will use Excel spreadsheet/Excel QM to calculate how long she didn't work grin.
Black women are hardworking. You don't see a stay at home black women, not common. Even in Nigeria many are trading to contribute. Have you seen a Tiv woman before? Not sure where you guys got the idea that black women contribute only sex.

2good:
Thesame oyinbo that will tell you to contribute 50% of your salary for house rent and every other house keep? You black women are really confused people that want to eat your cake and have it. Many of you guys marry a blackman and contribute nothing in the marriage except sex yet you want to benefit what the white woman benefits after divorce.
Re: Divorce Settlement And Child-Support Be Introduced In Nigeria? by FXKing2012(m): 7:10pm On Jan 16, 2013
The laws we have in Nigeria is fundamentally flawed; it is way too biased towards men.
Our laws enslave women who are forced to stay in a relationship/union even when they are not happy in it. Why should such continue?

Some say the divorce settlement law will encourage divorce therefore we should not implement it. I think that notion is very selfish and only meant to protect men even while enslaving and mistreating women.

We've seen cases where the man beats the wife daily, leaves her with permanent disabilities or even beat her to death. The women stay in such unions because our law does not protect them - doesnt necessarily mean they are happy in the marriage. So the fact that divorce rate is lower in Nigeria compared to the west does not mean we are happier in our relationships/marriages.

And when you try to defend the defenceless (women) you are termed a sissy. This shows how patriarchal our society really is.

1 Like

Re: Divorce Settlement And Child-Support Be Introduced In Nigeria? by 2good(m): 7:13pm On Jan 16, 2013
armyofone: The same oyinbos do stay at home moms more than any group. Bill Gate's mom was a stay at home mom. I think Melinda Gate at some point was a stay at home mom. I wonder if Mr. Gate will use Excel spreadsheet/Excel QM to calculate how long she didn't work grin.
Black women are hardworking. You don't see a stay at home black women, not common. Even in Nigeria many are trading to contribute. Have you seen a Tiv woman before? Not sure where you guys got the idea that black women contribute only sex.

Melinda was born in 1964 in Dallas, Texas. She was the second of four children born to Raymond Joseph French Jr., an engineer, and Elaine Agnes Amerland, a homemaker. She has an older sister and two younger brothers. Gates, a Roman Catholic, attended St. Monica Catholic School, where she was the top student in her class year. She graduated as valedictorian from Ursuline Academy of Dallas in 1982. Gates earned a bachelor's degree in computer science and economics from Duke University in 1986 and an MBA from Duke's Fuqua School of Business in 1987.

Shortly thereafter, she joined Microsoft and participated in the development of many of Microsoft’s multimedia products including Publisher, Microsoft Bob, Encarta, and Expedia.

In 1994, she married Bill Gates in a private ceremony held in Lanai, Hawaii. Shortly thereafter, she left Microsoft to focus on starting and raising her family. Her last position was Microsoft’s General Manager of Information Products. Melinda and Bill Gates have three children: daughters Jennifer Katharine Gates (born 1996) and Phoebe Adele Gates (born 2002), and son Rory John Gates (born 1999). The family reside in a large mansion on Lake Washington.

Melinda served as a member of Duke University's board of trustees from 1996 to 2003.Gates attends Bilderberg Group conferences and holds a seat on the board of directors of the Washington Post company. She retired from the board of Drugstore.com in August 2006 to spend more time working for the Bill & Melinda Gates Foundation.

As of 2009, Melinda and Bill Gates have donated more than US$24 billion to the Foundation.
[edit]
Awards and recognition

In December 2005, Melinda and Bill Gates were named by Time as Persons of the Year alongside Bono. Melinda and Bill Gates received the Spanish Prince of Asturias Award for International Cooperation on May 4, 2006 in recognition of their world impact through charitable giving. In November 2006, Melinda and Bill Gates were awarded the Order of the Aztec Eagle for their philanthropic work around the world in the areas of health and education, particularly in Mexico, and specifically in the program "Un país de lectores".

She was ranked #40 in Forbes 2008 list of the 100 Most Powerful Women, #24 in 2007, and #12 in 2006.

In May 2006, she was honored for her work to improve the lives of children locally and around the world with the naming of the Melinda French Gates Ambulatory Care building, at Seattle Children's (then called Children’s Hospital and Regional Medical Center). She also chaired The Campaign for Children’s, a $300 million comprehensive fundraising campaign to expand facilities, fund undercompensated and uncompensated care and grow the hospital’s research program to find cures and treatments.

On June 12, 2009, Melinda and Bill Gates received honorary degrees from the University of Cambridge. Their benefaction of $210 million in 2000 set up the Gates Cambridge Trust, which funds postgraduate scholars from outside the UK to study at the University.

Melinda has also donated over $10 million to her high school Ursuline Academy of Dallas. She is one of the major donors of their Facing the Future Campaign and was honored in their dedication ceremony on May 7, 2010.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Melinda_Gates
Re: Divorce Settlement And Child-Support Be Introduced In Nigeria? by armyofone(m): 7:15pm On Jan 16, 2013
I have seen that before bros. I know a lot about her. I said at some point, she was a stay at home mom.

(1) (2) (3) ... (7) (8) (9) (10) (11) (12) (13) ... (15) (Reply)

I'm Confused: My Wife's Pressuring Us To Relocate To Another Apartment!!!!! / Living Without My Spouse For 6 Months (At Least) / A Letter From A Mother To Her Daughter

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 94
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.