Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,951 members, 7,817,794 topics. Date: Saturday, 04 May 2024 at 07:51 PM

What Is The Best Way To Tell them about deodorants? - Family (3) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Family / What Is The Best Way To Tell them about deodorants? (3536 Views)

11 Harmful Lies Your Mind Loves To Tell You / Some "Lies" Our Parents Used To Tell Us / Confused Parents Paint Triplets’ Toenails To Tell Them Apart (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: What Is The Best Way To Tell them about deodorants? by EfemenaXY: 11:06am On Jan 16, 2013
jennykadry: @OSISI

I agree. It's not just amongst we Nigerians, it's across the whole world but I will narrow mine down to Africans. There is this Zimbabwean Nurse whose husband is a Doctor we are close to. She is the kind of person that you can smell from afar without even seeing her. She visited me one day and I took her to my spare room where I keep all my stuff. She was shocked to see that I use Roll-on deodorant and spray deodorant plus perfume on top of the whole thing. I asked her if she uses deodorant and she said no. She said she rarely wears perfume cos her perfume could go for the whole year i.e she buys perfume once a year. I was like " You have got to be kidding me".... My husband and I do not joke with perfumes/deodorants, infact I showed her what my husband uses and it was so obvious that day that her husband was as guilty as she was.

It's a disgrace. I bought her a perfume and deodorant christmas 2011 and I am telling you that the she hasn't used one quarter of either them.

Meaning she either didn't get the hint from you OR she just doesn't care.

Na wa for some people sha! embarassed
Re: What Is The Best Way To Tell them about deodorants? by tsmith(f): 4:04pm On Jan 16, 2013
I have experienced this too, and found out sometimes the subtle approach isn’t effective.

We had this naija childminder that stunk up the whole house, if you opened her room, it's like a tear gas has exploded in your face. However this girl is the neatest (the type that baths first thing in the morning and last thing at night) and best cleaner of all the childminders/aupairs etc we have used (still thought about her last night and how efficiently she cleaned, compared to this our new aupair that thinks changing the bathroom mats means ‘clean bathroom’, thinks i no get eye!)

So back to the naija minder, I had run out of deodorant spray in my room, and went to pick one under the stairs where we store stuffs. I used that opportunity to give her one too, so its like ‘coz I’m taking one, you too take’ but wetin, dis girl just keep am for her drawer dey mince the thing.

One day we (hubby, sister and I) got talking got talking about this dear situation, Apparently, my sister had also bought her deodorant on day 2 of her(my sister’s) visit, just coz of the whiff. Now my husband cant stand BO at all, he imagines the slightest whiff off himself, as such he goes through 1 can of sure in a week, basically wasting it, coz he sprays not just the ball joint of his armpit, but the skin around torso and arm (story for another day), so you can imagine how ODD he is. He was livid coz he dropped her and the kids with his car, and he said he had to open all 4 windows of the car for a long while in freezing weather just to try and get the stench out. I decided to bite the bull by the horn and kuku tell her to face, but before I had the chance save her from this misery, we had a major fall out which resulted to me walking her out of the house.

Unfortunately this is a girl that has just moved to the UK and hopes to make it good, so the childminding was to be interim (roof overhead, free food and extra money) but imagine how that smell could limit her success, in addition to her ‘I cant take constructive criticism' syndrome which eventually led to our fall out. She claims she went to LASU (the one that isn’t via JAMB) yet through all her life passage, no one has told her!!!
Re: What Is The Best Way To Tell them about deodorants? by Nobody: 6:27am On Jan 17, 2013
Efemena_xy:

Meaning she either didn't get the hint from you OR she just doesn't care.

Na wa for some people sha! embarassed

Efe, she does not get it. That woman stinks like hell. I received a perfume as Christmas gift (I hope not for BO grin) from a colleague. Anytime I walk past this woman she would ask always ask me who I was wearing and if I told her the next day she would buy hers and jokingly show me at work .The husband teased me one day and was like "you are not helping me financially, you know my wife now has over 8 perfumes and each time I query her she would tell me to go check yours" . The perfume she gave me was one I have never used, according to her she got the sample, tried it, liked it and decide to buy two for us both.

Perfumes and deodorants are my weakness. I have to smell nice, I cannot afford to lose friends because I stink to high heavens.
Re: What Is The Best Way To Tell them about deodorants? by PrettyCindy(f): 1:38pm On Jan 22, 2013
In situations whereby you feel the person may feel insulted or end up opicking offence, i think placing an anonymous (with your voice changed of course) or sending an anonymous typed note or anonymously pining a note under their car wiper may be an option. In such a case, you will be very direct and let the person know how they have made fun of due to their body odour.

Personally, if i have a flaw and my friends or closest friend knows about it and keeps quiet in the name of not hurting me, i will be fury as hell with them for not saying it because they are supposed to be my friends. But everyone is not the same, as some people will feel offended.
Re: What Is The Best Way To Tell them about deodorants? by niltcam: 10:11am On Jun 21, 2013
Now one list covers the information on best deodorant brands which includes the most inexpensive, popular, safe, and effective brands for daily use. There goal is to provide a comprehensive list of all the major deodorant brands,and to make comparison easy and fast.

(1) (2) (3) (Reply)

I am about to break The Promise I Made Years Ago To My Wife / Cooking Competition? / A Woman Who Cannot Submit To A Man Should Not Bother Getting Married

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 22
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.