Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,154,542 members, 7,823,372 topics. Date: Friday, 10 May 2024 at 09:14 AM

I’ll Have What He/she’s Having! - Romance - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Romance / I’ll Have What He/she’s Having! (984 Views)

I Suspect She's Having An Affiar With My Man, What Do I Do? / Is She Having An Affair With Her Boss? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

I’ll Have What He/she’s Having! by meamanda(f): 10:17pm On Jan 12, 2013

Why are we so easily dissatisfied with our own lot- i.e.withour own self, with what we have, who are we and what we do?

For instance, while it doesn’t help that your best friend/relative’s partner looks drop dead gorgeous; morality (or what’s left of it) says we shouldn’t drool over and dream of being with the aforementioned Beau or Belle All. The. Time!

Why would we rather break a loving or potentially-loving relationship and forge-yes forge-it into our lives?

Why do some of us get such a pleasure and thrill from breaking someone’s home up and make it their own instead?

Is this what real Success involves alongside those of us who toil hard to get what we want?

Isn’t breaking up a home akin to trampling over a sincere professional at work and getting that promotion which they didn’t deserve to get via such devious schemes?
If we can have the motivation to plot, cheat and deceit, why can’t we muster up a little more motivation to get what we want by working hard via the ethical and decent path?

Is it because we just can be bothered? Or is it because we are chicken?
Or, is it both?

Probing deeper, it could very well be because we we think we can’t find another Guy or Girl like Him or Her and therefore think and feel it’s easier to break what’s already been made.

Yes, that will make life easier, make us more popular with our families and friends, make the kids love the step-parent more than their real parents?

Sarcasm aside, maybe it will, but won’t it take a lot of hard work to achieve this? If so, are we afraid of hard work or do we simply want what they have?

Are we confusing consumerist success with personal success in today’s age of instant gratification?
If so, how healthy is this sort of motivation for us physiologically and psychologically?

Source: http://www.successstories.co.in/i-will-have-what-he-shes-having/

1 Like

Re: I’ll Have What He/she’s Having! by meamanda(f): 10:20pm On Jan 12, 2013
Most of the girls are like the girl (the one who seems jealous) in the pic.
Agree, disagree?
Re: I’ll Have What He/she’s Having! by seedord247(m): 12:14am On Jan 13, 2013
meamanda: Most of the girls are like the girl (the one who seems jealous) in the pic.
Agree, disagree?
undecided
Re: I’ll Have What He/she’s Having! by meamanda(f): 9:51am On Jan 13, 2013
I was looking for some thought provoking words but girls seem to be unfazed tongue

seedord247:
undecided
Re: I’ll Have What He/she’s Having! by meamanda(f): 10:14am On Jan 13, 2013
smiley
Re: I’ll Have What He/she’s Having! by molisk(f): 10:16am On Jan 13, 2013
Amanda, I wish you'd taken prior permission to publish this article on Nairaland cry

Any way, look forward to some interesting comments from Nairalanders cheesy
Re: I’ll Have What He/she’s Having! by tpia5: 10:35am On Jan 13, 2013
it has to do with issues of self esteem and upbringing.
Re: I’ll Have What He/she’s Having! by TableLeg(m): 10:36am On Jan 13, 2013
tpia@:
it has to do with issues of self esteem and upbringing.
What do you know about self esteem and upbringing mummy tpia?
Re: I’ll Have What He/she’s Having! by seedord247(m): 3:46pm On Jan 13, 2013
meamanda: I was looking for some thought provoking words but girls seem to be unfazed tongue

If i slap you now dem go say i wicked. cool
Re: I’ll Have What He/she’s Having! by molisk(f): 10:04am On Jan 14, 2013
Some heated replies to meamanda lipsrsealed
Re: I’ll Have What He/she’s Having! by Nobody: 11:01pm On Jan 14, 2013
is that how to welcome a newbie? you guys should stop creating bad market for this forum o! desist forthwith from all these ya sordid, indifferent activities or else the god of thunder will strike ya cheeks with paralysis!

1 Like

Re: I’ll Have What He/she’s Having! by meamanda(f): 2:36pm On Jan 15, 2013
Thanks Aggrippa cheesy

This is not the first time I have been bullied at Nairaland; 3 instances in the past 24 hours cry

Aggrippa: is that how to welcome a newbie? you guys should stop creating bad market for this forum o! desist forthwith from all these ya sordid, indifferent activities or else the god of thunder will strike ya cheeks with paralysis!
Re: I’ll Have What He/she’s Having! by seunfly: 3:05pm On Jan 15, 2013
It's nothing other than selfishnes of human nature and lack of consideration for others.
Re: I’ll Have What He/she’s Having! by Nobody: 11:36pm On Jan 15, 2013
meamanda: Thanks Aggrippa cheesy

This is not the first time I have been bullied at Nairaland; 3 instances in the past 24 hours cry

Meamanda you are welcome! i hope your stay on Nairaland will always be nice and worthwhile wink cheesy

(1) (Reply)

Please Check Out Some Naija Lines For Toasting This Valentine / 7 Things A Man Only Does If He’s Serious About You / Andy Rooney’s Thoughts On Women Over Forty:

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 14
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.