Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,035 members, 7,818,059 topics. Date: Sunday, 05 May 2024 at 06:13 AM

Nigeria Wont Break Up - Jonathan - Politics (3) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Nigeria Wont Break Up - Jonathan (7308 Views)

I Never Said Nigeria Will Burn If I Open Up – Jonathan’s Ex-adc, Col Adegbe / Fraudsters Set-Up Jonathan/Sambo Foundation, Dupe Over 100 / Hurry Up, Jonathan - Reuben Abati (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Nigeria Wont Break Up - Jonathan by PROUDIGBO(m): 12:38pm On Jan 14, 2013
Cowboy43: undecided who married who? Is the north the wife or the husband!

^^^What do you think?; who's taken the top position, and who's getting royally screwed?
Re: Nigeria Wont Break Up - Jonathan by nagoma(m): 12:40pm On Jan 14, 2013
PehaKaso:
Behold an Islamic Boko haram terrorist who jst regained freedom cheesycheesycheesycheesycheesy GEJ 4 2015 or Naija breaks winkwinkwink;>

It is the same. Nigeria is already broken under the directionless government of a clueless president. Anybody after him will have the greatest repair work to do. If we separate - so be it.
Re: Nigeria Wont Break Up - Jonathan by COOLDUN: 1:29pm On Jan 14, 2013
holyvirgin:
Young lady I try as much as possible to ignore daft people like you but sometimes keeping quiet makes you more unreasonable. Don't quote me next time dummy

That is not the answer to her question, will you answer her question first? before showing how deaf and dumb you are.
Re: Nigeria Wont Break Up - Jonathan by Afam4eva(m): 1:38pm On Jan 14, 2013
We keep hearing that the country won't break yet they won't make concerted efforts to keep the country together.
Re: Nigeria Wont Break Up - Jonathan by Gbawe: 1:43pm On Jan 14, 2013
Mobinga: Likening the country to couples. This guy.

I actually cringed reading that bit. What manner of unpresidential simpleton have we lumbered ourselves with? Kai, I truly envy other African Nations who are now parading rapier-sharp intellectuals and achievers as their President while we continue to let the PDP give us the most blunt tool in the box. This yarn from GEJ, like many others, is an embarrassment.
Re: Nigeria Wont Break Up - Jonathan by Joeadamu86: 1:49pm On Jan 14, 2013
Gbawe:

I actually cringed reading that bit. What manner of unpresidential simpleton have we lumbered ourselves with? Kai, I truly envy other African Nations who are now parading rapier-sharp intellectuals and achievers as their President while we continue to let the PDP give us the most blunt tool in the box. This yarn from GEJ, like many others, is an embarrassment.
What is wrong if someone uses figure of speech to pass a message?Is something wrong with our thinking?
Re: Nigeria Wont Break Up - Jonathan by philips70(m): 2:03pm On Jan 14, 2013
Joeadamu86: What is wrong if someone uses figure of speech to pass a message?Is something wrong with our thinking?

There is no figure of speech here. These feudal hegemonists will never see things the way the ordinary Nigerians see them. If GEJ were to remain a fisherman in the creeks he will not think this way. He is too comfortable right now to think differently. If there's a referendum 80% of the citizens especially from the South South will opt for a separate country. Not with the arrogant way the Northern governors are going about with the PIB. Let him finish his tenure and come back, we are waiting for him. He has made this statement too many times.
Re: Nigeria Wont Break Up - Jonathan by Gbawe: 2:32pm On Jan 14, 2013
Joeadamu86: What is wrong if someone uses figure of speech to pass a message?Is something wrong with our thinking?

Put your thinking cap on and not your 'I-support-and-defend-GEJ-blindly' googles. That is not figure of speech. It is dull intelligence clear for all to discern. How can anyone fluidly up to speed with modern thinking, let alone a President expected to be wiser than others, suggest length of time as a supremely superior reason as to why arrangements and affiliations should not end?

Guy, our President simply goes everywhere sounding like a simpleton thawed from a block of ice frozen in 1945. I too believe in the unity of Nigeria but Mr.President should make cogent arguments everyone can relate to - whether the PHD holder or the Okada rider - devoid of any sentimental or unintelligent reasoning. There are many reasons Nigeria should stay together but age of the Nation ranks low in that regard and Mr.President can easily take a lesson from many examples in history that negates his simplistic rhetoric if indeed he is like other President who appreciate history and learn lessons from it.
Re: Nigeria Wont Break Up - Jonathan by chosen04(f): 2:52pm On Jan 14, 2013
With the way GEJ and his cohorts are shouting that Nigeria must NOT break, Its giving me and other discerning citizens the impression that they (GEJ & COHORTS) have also noticed that Nigeria is at the verge of disintegration.......
Re: Nigeria Wont Break Up - Jonathan by nagoma(m): 4:16pm On Jan 14, 2013
Gbawe:

Put your thinking cap on and not your 'I-support-and-defend-GEJ-blindly' googles. That is not figure of speech. It is dull intelligence clear for all to discern. How can anyone fluidly up to speed with modern thinking, let alone a President expected to be wiser than others, suggest length of time as a supremely superior reason as to why arrangements and affiliations should not end?

Guy, our President simply goes everywhere sounding like a simpleton thawed from a block of ice frozen in 1945. I too believe in the unity of Nigeria but Mr.President should make cogent arguments everyone can relate to - whether the PHD holder or the Okada rider - devoid of any sentimental or unintelligent reasoning. There are many reasons Nigeria should stay together but age of the Nation ranks low in that regard and Mr.President can easily take a lesson from many examples in history that negates his simplistic rhetoric if indeed he is like other President who appreciate history and learn lessons from it.

I am in agreement with u. It's unfortunate our president was not selected elected for his intelligence. sad
Re: Nigeria Wont Break Up - Jonathan by Truckpusher(m): 4:27pm On Jan 14, 2013
For the sake of the black race Nigeria must not break-up, instead we should go for a true federalism.
Re: Nigeria Wont Break Up - Jonathan by princemaicheal: 4:42pm On Jan 14, 2013
nagoma: The Reterdeen again. How can the country not break when you always speak to the nation from the church? You think everybody in Nigeria is a chrstian? That alone is enough for some people to dislike you.
As much as i respect your opinion,i belief he uses every opportunity he sees to address the nation.Without holding brief for him,i feel he is trying and except we encourage him to do more,by abusing and disrespecting the office isn't going to do us any good.
Re: Nigeria Wont Break Up - Jonathan by Hardfact: 4:52pm On Jan 14, 2013
Gbawe:

Hmm! That is my Gbawe talking. All the same I think what he was trying to say was, we have been together too long/have come too far not to part ways so easily. And GEJ has got this problem of not being able to articulate his views properly.
Re: Nigeria Wont Break Up - Jonathan by Onlytruth(m): 5:10pm On Jan 14, 2013
Mr President,

I used to be one of your staunchest supporters here in Nairaland. I stopped supporting you at the end of last year as I promised because you failed to fulfill a few of your campaign promises. I still consider you my brother (read between the lines).

Your current remark is a very familiar line of betraying words used to ensure that none of Nigeria's big issues are addressed.
It is a known fact that Northern Nigeria dominates Nigeria's political/military infrastructure. It is also a fact that North is MORTALLY afraid of Nigeria's disintegration.
Combine these two known facts, one concludes (quite easily), that your latest statement is only pandering to the North, and nothing more.
It addresses NONE of the debilitating political realities of Nigeria.

Mr President, you used a "marriage" to qualify Nigeria; but pray sir, which marriage survives a parental conspiracy to kill approx 25% of the children?
Which marriage survives a constant death of children on YEARLY basis, be it as a result of direct parental action, or gross negligience?
Which marriage CONSTANTLY sacrifices children born to the marriage and still survives?

Do normal human being still accord recognition to such marriage as normal?

Sir, all patriotic Nigerians know, that Nigeria is suffering from a structural problem from which she cannot survive, rather more citizens will die for YEARS to come.
Isn't it trite to conclude that Nigeria needs nothing more than IMMEDIATE structural change, for peace and progress to return and endure in Nigeria?

Sir, the future will not look kindly on you if you do not IMMEDIATELY initiate action to solve Nigeria's structural problem. More importantly, GOD will hold you personally accountable for any future political murder in Nigeria, and all other deaths stemming from national failure.

2015 is just another year. Nothing more.

1 Like

Re: Nigeria Wont Break Up - Jonathan by Nobody: 5:34pm On Jan 14, 2013
Afam4eva: We keep hearing that the country won't break yet they won't make concerted efforts to keep the country together.
Oh they are making concerted efforts all right, it just doesnt include providing you the basic social amenities and security other governments give their citizens. Why do you think people like Insincere9gerian are always online?
Re: Nigeria Wont Break Up - Jonathan by pazienza(m): 5:49pm On Jan 14, 2013
chosen04: With the way GEJ and his cohorts are shouting that Nigeria must NOT break, Its giving me and other discerning citizens the impression that they (GEJ & COHORTS) have also noticed that Nigeria is at the verge of disintegration.......
My thoughts exactly,maybe they have information we don't have. Let's just be watching as things unfold.
Re: Nigeria Wont Break Up - Jonathan by Truckpusher(m): 6:33pm On Jan 14, 2013
pazienza: My thoughts exactly,maybe they have information we don't have. Let's just be watching as things unfold.
pazi Aw far, are we still fighting? grin grin
Re: Nigeria Wont Break Up - Jonathan by obitrac: 6:53pm On Jan 14, 2013
nagoma: The Reterdeen again. How can the country not break when you always speak to the nation from the church? You think everybody in Nigeria is a chrstian? That alone is enough for some people to dislike you.
why not invite him to a mosque to make a speech.ofcourse you know d consequence,religious riot!!
Re: Nigeria Wont Break Up - Jonathan by CROWE: 7:11pm On Jan 14, 2013
According to him, only mad couples divorce after 100 years of marriage and Nigeria is not a mad nation, stressing that for the country to get to her desired destination, everyone must be involved, as government alone could not do it neither could the citizens do it alone

Such useless metaphors, there are no couples married for 100 years so you cannot know what makes them divorce, since we are being stupid undecided
Re: Nigeria Wont Break Up - Jonathan by donwilz(m): 7:12pm On Jan 14, 2013
WHO IS FOOLING WHO?
**Vice President - North
**Senate President - North
**Speaker House of Reps - North
**PDP National Chairman - North
**PDP acting BOT chairman -North
**Head of Service - North
**INEC Chairman - North
**Inspector General of Police -North
**CBN Governor - North
**Chief Justice of federation -North
**President Court of Appeal -North
**President Federal high court -North
**National Security Adviser -North
**Chief of Defense Staff - North
**Controller, Customs Service -North
**Controller Prison Services -North
**Richest man in Africa - North.
**85% of Petroleum Marketers in Nigeria - Northerners
**80% of Oil Block Owners in Nigeria - Northerners

Yet, the Poorest states in Nigeria and Educationally backward areas
in Nigeria are in the North.
Now ask yourself, who is the problem of the North?
GEJ or Northern Leaders??

Copied from a friend on fb...

1 Like

Re: Nigeria Wont Break Up - Jonathan by Capnd143(m): 8:28pm On Jan 14, 2013
[b]Men love their country not because it is great but because it is their own - Daniel webster

patroiticism is the self conviction that your country is superior in a way to others because you were born in it -Bertrand Russell

there is nothing wrong with nigeria that can not be cured with what is good about nigeria -Timothy maxwell (*)

i can boldly say that no one of you accusers of G.E.J can do halve of what he has done! Well i guess ur questions now are ; what has he done? Right? I acknowledge the fact that G.E.J has'nt done so well while in office, but accusing him and throwing causes on him won't solve the problems of Nigeria either, it only worsens matters....
I can remember singing "THE LABOURS OF OUR HEROES PAST SHALL NEVER BE IN VAIN,TO SERVE WITH LOVE AND MIGHT, #*_ONE NATION_*# BOUND IN FREEDOM,PEACE AND UNITY". This i sang every morning as i started academic works with the hope that after studying; i and all my freinds will come to see a better Nigeria. In the contrary, i now see most of those who sang along never sang with their heart and soul, it was just from their lips, thats why at the slitest utter of the phrase " nigerian disintegrate" their first mindset is that coming true!!!. But the facts remains that after severals months of researchs by profs,finanancial and economic analyst it was resolved that nigeria will feel the greater impact of the multiplier effects of current econo-financial and socio-political irregularities of about 35.23% if the "BREAK UP".

A true patriot thinks less for himself and more for his country because in the long term; when the country gets better, he gets best- maxwell de Great 1982

remember what william faulkner said in 1988- "live together as brothers or die divided as fools".
Just and opinion though! GOD BLESS NIGERIA[/b]
Re: Nigeria Wont Break Up - Jonathan by Capnd143(m): 8:28pm On Jan 14, 2013
[b]Men love their country not because it is great but because it is their own - Daniel webster

patroiticism is the self conviction that your country is superior in a way to others because you were born in it -Bertrand Russell

there is nothing wrong with nigeria that can not be cured with what is good about nigeria -Timothy maxwell (*)

i can boldly say that no one of you accusers of G.E.J can do halve of what he has done! Well i guess ur questions now are ; what has he done? Right? I acknowledge the fact that G.E.J has'nt done so well while in office, but accusing him and throwing causes on him won't solve the problems of Nigeria either, it only worsens matters....
I can remember singing "THE LABOURS OF OUR HEROES PAST SHALL NEVER BE IN VAIN,TO SERVE WITH LOVE AND MIGHT, #*_ONE NATION_*# BOUND IN FREEDOM,PEACE AND UNITY". This i sang every morning as i started academic works with the hope that after studying; i and all my freinds will come to see a better Nigeria. In the contrary, i now see most of those who sang along never sang with their heart and soul, it was just from their lips, thats why at the slitest utter of the phrase " nigerian disintegrate" their first mindset is that coming true!!!. But the facts remains that after severals months of researchs by profs,finanancial and economic analyst it was resolved that nigeria will feel the greater impact of the multiplier effects of current econo-financial and socio-political irregularities of about 35.23% if the "BREAK UP".

A true patriot thinks less for himself and more for his country because in the long term; when the country gets better, he gets best- maxwell de Great 1982

remember what william faulkner said in 1988- "live together as brothers or die divided as fools".
Just and opinion though! GOD BLESS NIGERIA[/b]
Re: Nigeria Wont Break Up - Jonathan by pazienza(m): 8:33pm On Jan 14, 2013
Truckpusher: pazi Aw far, are we still fighting? grin grin
Nnaa,we never fought,we were just seeing things from a different perspective, i am a core 'igboist', i am bound to clash with anyone with anti-igbo opinions,no hard feelings,just who i am. Btw,i am cool.
Re: Nigeria Wont Break Up - Jonathan by pazienza(m): 8:42pm On Jan 14, 2013
"The labours of our heroes past,shall never be in vain". The funny thing is that as a teenager,and even now,whenever i hear that line of the nigerian national anthem,what comes to my mind is the labours my father and uncles put in to defend biafra,and i just feel bad that those labours might just be in vain. I guess the Nigerian experience is different for every section of the country.
Re: Nigeria Wont Break Up - Jonathan by confusion247(m): 9:08pm On Jan 14, 2013
Maxymilliano:

Nigeria unity is not negotiable, the country is not a mad nation grin
Until you or many of your relations die in the next boko haram bombing, then we all we know if we are united or not.
All efforts to keep Nigeria as one is an effort to prove that we are not one and we can never be.
Have you ever heard people from Ghana say ONE GHANA?
Have you ever heard people from south Africa say ONE SOUTH AFRICA?
Have you ever heard people from USA say ONE USA? And the list continues.
Only in Nigeria you will hear ONE NIGERIA which proves to you that something is wrong.
Have you ever heard people from Ghana say the president must come from North?
Have you heard such from any other country like south Africa or USA?
Have you ever heard that people from eastern side of Ghana say it is their turn to produce the next president?
the question goes on and on.
This is what we have as one Nigeria
AREWA CONSULTATIVE FORUM(ACF) + BOKO HARAM = NORTHERNERS
OHANEZE NDIGBO + MASSOB = SOUTH EASTERNERS
AFINIFERE + OPC = SOUTH WESTERNERS
SOUTH SOUTH PEOPLES FORUM + MEND = SOUTH SOUTHERNERS

look at all this and give me it's equivalent from GHANA, SOUTH AFRICA or USA.
We are just deceiving ourselves. There is nothing like one Nigeria.

1 Like

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply)

Ngozi Okonjo Iweala At Her Son's Wedding In Anambra- PHOTOS / Kebbi Rep, Bello Yakubu Rejoins APC After Decamping To PDP Four Months Ago / Seun Was Roasted On Twitter For Posting This (photos)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 77
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.