Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,151,081 members, 7,811,031 topics. Date: Saturday, 27 April 2024 at 09:15 PM

13 Business Ideas For 2013 - Business (5) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Business / 13 Business Ideas For 2013 (70586 Views)

Bc / 15 Fastest Growing Small Business OPPORTUNITIES and IDEAS In Nigeria For 2013 / What Is Your Business Plan For 2013? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) ... (11) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: 13 Business Ideas For 2013 by stpat1(m): 10:51am On Mar 15, 2013
Donald Yusuf: 4. Poultry Farming

Poultry business is a risky but lucrative business. You can operate this business on a small-scale from your back yard by constructing small cages.
Your products will include Layers, Broilers, and Cockerels. Cockerels are rugged and more resilient than Broilers.

The Layers usually take 18 weeks before they start laying eggs while the broilers are ready for the market at 12 weeks of age. Cockerels, on the other hand, take about six months before they are ready for the market, but are rugged and more resilient than Broilers.

Starting this business on a small scale is tough, but as your business expands, making more capital available, you will begin to enjoy it better.

Layer farming is the most lucrative aspect of Poultry business because apart from producing eggs, they are also sold as meat, and the market for old layers is huge.

Price of eggs per crate depends on the sizes of the eggs; a crate of pullet eggs goes for N450 naira, Semi-pullet goes for N600 Naira and a crate of large eggs goes for [b]N700 naira.
For the Chickens, old layers go for between N900 and N1000 at wholesale. A day-old chick costs N220 naira.
With hard work and patience, this business though risky, could be very profitable.

Another very important thing about this business, is that the demand is always more than supply, and no producer has been able to meet the local demand for poultry in Nigeria.
Hmmmn, I just remembered when my father had a Mini poultry farm...the business was stressful but rewarding.

Try this business!

Old layer in Port Harcourt is #1500 laaasssttt
Re: 13 Business Ideas For 2013 by obisage(m): 11:30am On Mar 15, 2013
Donald Yusuf: 5. Photography

If you still see Photography as a venture that could only put peanuts in your pocket, then you’ll have to think again. Photography is big business!

Photography has become such a viable enterprise that operators are making millions from it; I know of a Photographer in Lagos who charges more than N200,000 naira for a single event or contract. Imagine this guy getting 5 contracts in a month. Do the math yourself!

A Photographer in Makurdi-Benue state that I know of, charges a minimum of 70,000 per event (e.g. Weddings), and he is usually booked virtually all Saturdays to cover weddings especially during the December peak periods. And the guy has a photo studio where people still go to take private photo shots. I was in Makurdi for the Christmas celebration last year and i discovered that the guy had bought himself a very clean 406 car. I was very impressed!

Another Photographer I know in Abuja makes millions through his photography business. In fact he is the official photographer of a big government agency, and he drives a Range Rover Sports car, courtesy of photography.
You can start this business on a small scale with just N50,000 naira, which is actually the cost of a Blackberry phone being used by a jobless graduate waiting for the so called “white collar job”.

If you are in Abuja or Lagos, then you should know Studio 24; it’s a Professional Photography service provider with offices in the six regions of the country. Their Abuja office is located at AP mall, Maitama and I guess you know what it takes to rent an office space in Maitama?

Studio 24 started very small some years back in a small room in Kaduna, but today it has grown into a successful business with an annual turnover that runs in millions of naira.
If you could just be innovative, hardworking and smart, this business of Photography can make you financially independent or even a millionaire. You could even become a celebrity Photographer or go into movies if you are really good at what you do.
The opportunities in this business are vast and subject to your creativity, capacity, hard work and imagination. Photography could actually be a nice and fun business to do. Try it! Go under an established Photographer to learn the trade before launching out on your own. Good luck

yes, i am a living witness on this.
i am a professional photographer and it has really changed my life for good
but before going into photography,
there are some things
u must put into consideration

1, learn photography, many people today just go to market,
buy a camera and start to answer photographer,
but that is wrong and not encourable,
u will remain where u started.
am sure you know some people in your area that has done photography for years
but can't even afford to change there shoes??
not that they are not hard working, but cos they lack the basic knowledge

2, equipment, yes, after learning it, u need not just any kind of camera,
but some professional ones. u also need good flash, printers and other accessories

3, good location, that is another very important thing to consider when going into photography
u can't stay in Agege and expect to make it as much as someone staying at Lekki and other expensive parts of Lagos

there are other secrets you need to understand before venturing into photography.
but most importantly is passion. u need to love the job, don't go into it just cos of the money
if you do, the tendency for you to fail is very high.

so if you want to learn/need advice
Photography
photoshop
and other photography related software
contact Factual Digital World @
factualy2k@gmail.com
www.factual1.com

3 Likes

Re: 13 Business Ideas For 2013 by usoeva: 11:32am On Mar 15, 2013
9ce work here...tanx @don
Re: 13 Business Ideas For 2013 by Nobody: 12:44pm On Mar 15, 2013
ebichy: ​»̶-̶̶ †̥ånKz-► for the information, i have gone through www.alibaba.com and i got interested but my question is, am not too convinced with the address and the companies description, how authentic is this please?

There is a thread here in nairaland dt addresses all ur importation problems, " Do it importation guide" . It has season 1 and season 2.
I've introduced friends there and they are really happy. Opportunitis are endless, we just have to put our ears on the ground .

Nairaland is a great business tool. You get info on almost any busness you want to start; poultry, haulage, importation, just anything.

1 Like

Re: 13 Business Ideas For 2013 by Fhemmmy: 1:08pm On Mar 15, 2013
qualified: I love d photography and small importation. I have tried both though i gave up, i think i will have to re-strategize.
My problem with d online shopping is not being able to pay directly to d shops. These middle men (alibaba, uk2me, etc) charge one alot of money. And many shops like NEXT dont accept biz (master cards) frm Naija. I need help on these pls
anyone wit useful info can mail me charityncharity@yahoo.com tnx

What would you like to be importing, MAYBE, we could work together . . . Currently into Phones, Cars, Computers and could be into more if need be

1 Like

Re: 13 Business Ideas For 2013 by afm4ever(m): 1:13pm On Mar 15, 2013
Very intersting and educative i like it
Re: 13 Business Ideas For 2013 by anukulapo: 1:18pm On Mar 15, 2013
Raymondenyi:
And she being without a man, u think is a short coming? Dis is d black brain mentality, she will definitely hv suitors, she is more concerned wt wat she is fixing,bro! Husband is not her problem, she will hv if she chooses to! She doesn't just want to. Many men re limiting factors rather dan propellants

What is she fixing sir? Ask her (or ask successful 35 years olds around you) if the joy of "fixing something" can take the place of a man in her life.
You obviously are single and male and yet to understand that part of humanity. It's not just a black man thing.

@ "Husband is not her problem, she will hv if she chooses to"

I bet she won't have one at the snap of her fingers. Ask level headed single ladies around you. Husband Maybe a boyfriend.

@ "Many men re limiting factors rather dan propellants"

You're so on point in error. Thank God you're a male.

1 Like

Re: 13 Business Ideas For 2013 by Nellyd(f): 3:35pm On Mar 15, 2013
Hmmmm, this is simply an award winning thread. Thanks poster.
Re: 13 Business Ideas For 2013 by God2man(m): 3:52pm On Mar 15, 2013
Dr. Do Good:

@God2man, please if you want to critisize on this tread, do that constructively, you are free to contribute to this nice work Donald is doing here,he cannot give you idea and money at the same time, or is he your parent. He never said you should not pray, dont form holy pass here, if you like pray from now till thy kingdom come without ideas and work, you will perish in abject poverty, given people ideas doesnt mean you are advicing them not to seek God in prayer. Who knows God may use him on this tread to change some peoples life for good.
Donald can never be 100% right in everything he is saying here, but from what i have seen here, he deserve to be complimented, I am giving him 80% that is my personal score because i find it had to score pple high.

@Donald, you are doing a great job, keep it up, dont mind so little critics, there are here to strengthen you not to discourage you. Keep them coming.

"Trust in the Lord with all thine heart; lean not unto thine own understanding.
In all thy ways acknowledge him, and he shall direct thy paths.
BE NOT WISE IN THINE OWN EYES: fear the Lord, and depart from evil.
It shall be health to thy navel, and marrow to thy bones." Proverb 3: 5-8.

I thank God that i will never be poor again. I reject Peverty in Jesus name.

I am not here to discourage people, far from it,i am talking from exprience, if you want to start small business start small but be very careful so that your hands will not be cut off. Devourers in form of 419 are waiting outside to steal or rob you of your money.

Is there anything wrong in prayerfully seeking the face of God for direction? If i am wrong,pls, forgive me. I wish everyone on this thread the best in life.

Thanks and God bless.

God2man.
Re: 13 Business Ideas For 2013 by Osaro4u2k(m): 3:52pm On Mar 15, 2013
good work and thanks to the poster but mine is the online importation business, can someone put me through cos most of those sites you mention are just middle men in the game and when wanting to import a very fast selling goods the charge for importation alone is too high to reckon with!

1 Like

Re: 13 Business Ideas For 2013 by Fhemmmy: 4:09pm On Mar 15, 2013
Osaro4u2k: good work and thanks to the poster but mine is the online importation business, can someone put me through cos most of those sites you mention are just middle men in the game and when wanting to import a very fast selling goods the charge for importation alone is too high to reckon with!

Some of those charges you cant do without them, so if you could just factor all that into the investment and them calculate how much you will sell . . Profits
Re: 13 Business Ideas For 2013 by Nobody: 4:21pm On Mar 15, 2013
tical: hey donald, tnx 4 your updates so far. .these are gr8 biz ideas. .cant wait 4 u to post more. .I wil like to get more info 4rm u abt these biznesses since you reside in abuja too. .my email is mef.tical@yahoo.com God bless u.
Are u doing d biz or u only give ideas? If u r doing it then carry those interested along but if not dont bother givng those idea so as not to fall victim
Re: 13 Business Ideas For 2013 by phranseeqz(m): 5:50pm On Mar 15, 2013
Thanks don, u,r jxt 1daful. The hype this thread's gettin's rily encouragin. Dis at least shows a lot of our youths are ready 2 free themselves 4rm d shackles of poverty via unemploymnt. Pls can any1 advise a broke arse undergraduate on hw 2mak xtra kash despite d skul stress.
Re: 13 Business Ideas For 2013 by digits: 5:58pm On Mar 15, 2013
www.aliexpress.com
this site is unable to access card for sometimes, pls what can we do.
Re: 13 Business Ideas For 2013 by Saintp(m): 6:35pm On Mar 15, 2013
@ OP,

You talked about buying from the comfort of your home online. I'm very interested in that but my question is , will items you buy be delievered to your door step? Or will be be involved in clearing items urself etc? I dont mind paying the extra charges to get items delievered to my house bt i just want to know if its possible.

By the way, you are doing a good job.

Thanks
Re: 13 Business Ideas For 2013 by kennykg(m): 1:17am On Mar 16, 2013
can all this be true and not one of the scams they all seem very cheap?
myviewr:

importing some goods into nigeria is illegal. isn't importing clothes illegal
Re: 13 Business Ideas For 2013 by Camola(m): 9:00am On Mar 16, 2013
thanks for imparting moral of business venture in people
Re: 13 Business Ideas For 2013 by Nobody: 9:51am On Mar 16, 2013
Very interesting & Educative Donald,kip it up, got ur maiol,
Re: 13 Business Ideas For 2013 by kolamilan(m): 10:37am On Mar 16, 2013
OmolodMilkman93: anuofia,... Na person like u go go national tv go fall hand like ''my oga at d top''
y did u quote d post and wasted such elaborate space??
i tell you
Re: 13 Business Ideas For 2013 by Alleinad(f): 11:12am On Mar 16, 2013
Great post! Good job Op. Am seriously considering the importation. I'll try the www.alibaba.com.
Re: 13 Business Ideas For 2013 by Rick9(m): 11:22am On Mar 16, 2013
Thread or Best Topic for The year
Re: 13 Business Ideas For 2013 by Camola(m): 12:37pm On Mar 16, 2013
Yaa Good of uuu!!!
Re: 13 Business Ideas For 2013 by DonaldYusuf(m): 7:10pm On Mar 16, 2013
shawn5ng: Yusuf u are doing a good job. But can u give us a full details of photography business. Cos am really interested in that business.

Thanks. I will do that shortly
Re: 13 Business Ideas For 2013 by Lordwize(m): 7:23pm On Mar 16, 2013
Where is our oga @ d top na?
Re: 13 Business Ideas For 2013 by kennykg(m): 11:46pm On Mar 16, 2013
i would really like you to give me more details here. if possible inbox me
Re: 13 Business Ideas For 2013 by arithcom(m): 6:59am On Mar 17, 2013
This is a nice job by yusuf, those with additional comments should not stop. joining diff ideas make it easier. Any1 in the house that has successfully imported to Nigeria through alibaba.com? pls any link for directive.[color=#550000][/color]
Re: 13 Business Ideas For 2013 by gowaga68: 4:13pm On Mar 18, 2013
Fhemmmy:

Yes, business is very risky but be very calculated going into fish farming . . . cos the sales is not as it is portrayed
My chairman, the sales may not be as portrayed for real but you've not nothing to loose when smoked it even generate more income than the fresh ones. Just make more finding regarding smoked fish. long time!
Re: 13 Business Ideas For 2013 by Fhemmmy: 4:21pm On Mar 18, 2013
gowaga68:
My chairman, the sales may not be as portrayed for real but you've not nothing to loose when smoked it even generate more income than the fresh ones. Just make more finding regarding smoked fish. long time!

Chairman, i do agree with you but i will not advice anyone that is not located in Nigeria or physically on-ground to try the business, i am a living testimony that when you are not doing it yourself and feeding the fishes and taking care of things yourself, na tears.
I had over 20,000 fishes in the water and poor management made me put my tail between my legs.
But like i said, it has to do with the fact that i am not physically on ground and the one in charge did a terrible job
Re: 13 Business Ideas For 2013 by gowaga68: 9:41pm On Mar 18, 2013
Fhemmmy:

Chairman, i do agree with you but i will not advice anyone that is not located in Nigeria or physically on-ground to try the business, i am a living testimony that when you are not doing it yourself and feeding the fishes and taking care of things yourself, na tears.
I had over 20,000 fishes in the water and poor management made me put my tail between my legs.
But like i said, it has to do with the fact that i am not physically on ground and the one in charge did a terrible job
I could remember seeing your post when you were about venturing into that sector, all business needs you physically on ground at the early stage. Sha you have lent some lessons. So guys make your findings before venturing into any business and never say oga A is doing it i too most do it.
@ OP we said guy dont forget to give details of Quail farming,Turkey and poultry does well when combined. I may be comin to MKD how can we hook up? I've got some ideas to share.
Re: 13 Business Ideas For 2013 by excelsiorfarm(m): 10:41pm On Mar 18, 2013
op nice work,@fhemmmy,yr story interest me,but to enlighten ourselves,b4 u can start a biz & u aint there,that means d one to manage it is knowledgeable of d biz,d person is catered for,a trust worthy(preferable genuinely God fearing).Dangote has biz all over africa,but succeeds because staffs are catered for.about yr 20000 fishes,how much did u invest?i hav seen where a 800 capacity tank is stock wit 5000 fishes,hence it will fail.next time get d details of any biz b4 joining or keep yr funds.
Re: 13 Business Ideas For 2013 by akonucheinfo(m): 12:21am On Mar 19, 2013
Donald Yusuf: Sorry guys for being unable to update this thread for awhile; i have been so busy with business and Church activities. But now I'm back.
Let's continue from where we stopped!

2. MINI-IMPORTATION BUSINESS USING THE INTERNET
0ne business that will make a lot of smart people Millionaires this year, is the business of importing goods into Nigeria right from the comfort of your home using your computer; and if you don't have one you can operate from a Cafe.

This business is simple and the start up capital is very minimal, yet with a high profit margin. you can start this business with as little as 20, 000 naira.

All you need do is to carry out your research so as to know where to buy, what to buy and how to sell your goods.

Where To Import
The internet has made life and business simple, and websites like WWW.Alibaba.com and aliexpress.com has made it easy for smart entrepreneurs to go into the importation business.
It is now possible to buy goods at the comfort of your home working with your computer and get it shipped to you here in Nigeria.

There are lots of items on display on these websites that you can easily import into the country and sell them for good profit.
and don't worry about payment method; thanks to GTB and UBA, you can easily pay for your goods online using the GTB Naira master Card or UBA AfriCard. These cards are accepted on these websites.

What To Buy
There are lots of inexpensive products on display on aliexpress.com that you can import and sell at a hundred percent profit. There are products like jeweleries that go for as low as $2 dollars; you can sell at 1000 naira (which is a give away).

The most important thing is to study your environment to find out what will sell fast, then import small quantity to test the market.

How To Sell Your Imported Goods
A lot of people don't like selling, but ironically life itself is a market place and to survive you've got to sell something; even a job applicant to an organization will have to market his potentials and credentials in order to get the job, and when he is employed he gets paid because he sells his Time and Skills to the organization.

even in a relationship a guy will have to market himself and prove that he (the product) is the best for the girl.
Now selling your imported goods is just simply the application of strategy; there is no effective sales without a good strategy. one very effective sales strategy you could use is to Create a network for your business...create a chain of sellers that will sell your goods at a commission. This strategy will enable you to sell your stuffs fast.

sorry to say this, but alibaba is full of scam artiste!!!

1 Like

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) ... (11) (Reply)

Have Fraudsters Invaded The BVN System? / Welcome-Hisenjos Fiverr,Freelancer via Payoneer Skrill Exchange Customer Support / See The 55-inch Plasma TV A Lady Got After Ordering For It On Facebook.

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 68
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.