Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,843 members, 7,810,250 topics. Date: Saturday, 27 April 2024 at 02:28 AM

13 Business Ideas For 2013 - Business (3) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Business / 13 Business Ideas For 2013 (70582 Views)

Bc / 15 Fastest Growing Small Business OPPORTUNITIES and IDEAS In Nigeria For 2013 / What Is Your Business Plan For 2013? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) ... (11) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: 13 Business Ideas For 2013 by myviewr: 5:59pm On Mar 14, 2013
what about renting nigerian movies out
does any one here buy nigerian movies or still rent it

1 Like

Re: 13 Business Ideas For 2013 by DonaldYusuf(m): 6:02pm On Mar 14, 2013
Fhemmmy: These are nice, but you gotta be careful with Fish farming, it could erase all your savings too.

Very true! But you know business itself is risky, and it is this risk that scares most people away from being entrepreneurs. With the risk comes the rewards.
Re: 13 Business Ideas For 2013 by damola1: 6:07pm On Mar 14, 2013
Business is a school on its own. You spent 16 years+ 6+3+3+4.. in another school.. people should be ready to pay a quarter of that to grab the essence of business...having an idea is one thing. Running a business is a different game entirely...not for kids, I tell ya!

2 Likes

Re: 13 Business Ideas For 2013 by Nobody: 6:07pm On Mar 14, 2013
@Donald or any other person, pls have you heard of 3s - LBM? How true and authentic are they? Thank you in advance.
Re: 13 Business Ideas For 2013 by albacete(m): 6:12pm On Mar 14, 2013
but everybody can't be enterpreneurs naa.

Meanwhile, make i go seek permission from my "Oga @ d top" before commenting any further.
Re: 13 Business Ideas For 2013 by anicho(m): 6:16pm On Mar 14, 2013
cool thread here...more please
Re: 13 Business Ideas For 2013 by tithe(m): 6:17pm On Mar 14, 2013
@Op, you succinctly analyzed each topic in detail, u really av a large heart dude.The problem most Nigerian graduates have is the certificate.That paper smeared creative ability of most champ we have today,there want to bludgeon and mount a position without necessary experience and qualification.

1 Like

Re: 13 Business Ideas For 2013 by OmolodMilkman93(m): 6:18pm On Mar 14, 2013
[quote author=AVWENAGHA][/quote]anuofia,... Na person like u go go national tv go fall hand like ''my oga at d top''
y did u quote d post and wasted such elaborate space??
Re: 13 Business Ideas For 2013 by DonaldYusuf(m): 6:30pm On Mar 14, 2013
akonucheinfo:

Hello, you forgot to tell the disadvantages involved. anyone going into fish farming should know that:
1. you will wait for 4,5-6 month before you tell whether you will make profit or not.
2. your fish may not grow well to the standard market price. Thus, you may even loose your capital in such case
3. stock bad fish ? then you are bound to loose woefully. thats if not all your capital.
4. also note that it needs time
5. the business is not easy

Lastly, am into fish farming too. i started with the notion of reapping millions at my first stocking. but i end up making lost. still into it, cos with time i will stand firm, cos each day i learn new and strategise. dont expect profit like people keep saying!!!!!!!!!!!!! please operators, tell the good and bad side of every business b4 you introduce it to people so they wont ignorantly go in to unwisely.thats my say

If you go through my posts carefully, you will notice that i said i was compiling my research findings on each of these businesses. I will definitely give details of the advantages and disadvantages.

I won't advice anyone to just venture into any of the listed businesses without proper feasibility study, these are only clues to the kind of business a jobless youth in Nigeria could start.

Yes, there is the possibility of your fish not growing to the standard market size, which could result to a loss of funds (possibly your entire capital). But if you really desire success, then you shouldn't be scared of the risk.

It is also true that Fish farming takes time; but i believe all businesses take time and none is easy.

Starting with the notion of reaping millions was a very big error on your part; NEVER start any business and think you will just make Millions over night. There is nothing like overnight success.

I'm glad that you've decided to remain in the business despite the challenges you've faced...that's the spirit of entrepreneurship. Thanks for your comment!
Re: 13 Business Ideas For 2013 by DonaldYusuf(m): 6:36pm On Mar 14, 2013
@Albacete. It's true that not all can be entrepreneurs, but rather than stay jobless i believe entrepreneurship is a better alternative.
Re: 13 Business Ideas For 2013 by DonaldYusuf(m): 6:39pm On Mar 14, 2013
@Damola1. I love your comment.
Re: 13 Business Ideas For 2013 by Elizabethoni(f): 6:39pm On Mar 14, 2013
akonucheinfo:
Hello, you forgot to tell the disadvantages involved. anyone going into fish farming should know that:
1. you will wait for 4,5-6 month before you tell whether you will make profit or not.
2. your fish may not grow well to the standard market price. Thus, you may even loose your capital in such case
3. stock bad fish ? then you are bound to loose woefully. thats if not all your capital.
4. also note that it needs time
5. the business is not easy

Lastly, am into fish farming too. i started with the notion of reapping millions at my first stocking. but i end up making lost. still into it, cos with time i will stand firm, cos each day i learn new and strategise. dont expect profit like people keep saying!!!!!!!!!!!!! please operators, tell the good and bad side of every business b4 you introduce it to people so they wont ignorantly go in to unwisely.thats my say

EXACTLY........ENU DUNN ROFO( ITS EASIER SAID THAN DONE!!!...IT IS NOT EASY BUT ABOVE ALL PASSION IS A PRE-REQUISITE....I HAVE DONE INTERNET BUSINESS/SHOPPING SEVERAL TIMES AND LOST MONEY BUT I WILL NOT GIVE UP....COS I KNOW I AM A BORN ENTREPRENEUR AND I WILL MAKE IT....IT TAKES THE GRACE OF GOD IN ANY BUSINESS ONE VENTURES TO...DO NOT DO IT BECAUSE PEOPLE ARE DOING IT,DO IT BECAUSE YOU LOVE IT...

1 Like

Re: 13 Business Ideas For 2013 by DonaldYusuf(m): 6:43pm On Mar 14, 2013
@Myviewr. I don't think renting of Nigerian Movies is still a viable business. It used to be but no more!
Re: 13 Business Ideas For 2013 by Fhemmmy: 6:46pm On Mar 14, 2013
Donald Yusuf:

Very true! But you know business itself is risky, and it is this risk that scares most people away from being entrepreneurs. With the risk comes the rewards.

Yes, business is very risky but be very calculated going into fish farming . . . cos the sales is not as it is portrayed
Re: 13 Business Ideas For 2013 by shawn5ng(m): 6:58pm On Mar 14, 2013
Yusuf u are doing a good job. But can u give us a full details of photography business. Cos am really interested in that business.
Re: 13 Business Ideas For 2013 by Temismith(f): 6:58pm On Mar 14, 2013
Teemah Fashion: I really need a good bussiness idea dat i can start up with little capital, being jobless for over a year now since my youth service. Being thinking of what to do, life is becoming miserable for me. I need an advice on a good bussiness i cld lay my hands on.
i used to be in ur shoes. Durring my university and NYSC days, i started learning how to sew(i never intended to take it up as a job aftreal). Immediatly after after service, i got a sewing machine and started doin my tin pending d time a gud job comes(and i love it now). U kud learn a skill like sewing, interior and exterior decoration, hair making, wireworks and bead making. I intend to learn wirework and bead making soon cos it sells like maaad!

2 Likes

Re: 13 Business Ideas For 2013 by inspiredm(m): 7:03pm On Mar 14, 2013
Donald Yusuf: 3 (a). Blogging

Using Linda as an example; she built her blog on her passion which is Entertainment (she is a Model). She built her business blog around an industry she can easily relate with. This gives her blog consistent content (you know the entertainment industry will always have one news or the other).
But she didn't stop there, she also added Politics, Lifestyle, and general news and Information. I believe she is the number one Entertainment blog in Nigeria.

And before i forget, she recently acquired an 8 Million Naira Infinti FX 35 SUV, courtesy of her blogging business.
You too can do same!

Good luck!

YES Blogging is Very Lucrative , She Just DID the Boldend Via this Link

https://www.nairaland.com/1184532/linda-ikeji-inspired-autos-2011
Re: 13 Business Ideas For 2013 by Gloryroad: 7:05pm On Mar 14, 2013
Edited
Re: 13 Business Ideas For 2013 by Gloryroad: 7:06pm On Mar 14, 2013
inspired_m:

YES Blogging is Very Lucrative , She Just DID the Boldend Via this Link

https://www.nairaland.com/1184532/linda-ikeji-inspired-autos-2011

Business man loll

This are the Topics we're want to seee on the front-page
Re: 13 Business Ideas For 2013 by cowgurl: 7:12pm On Mar 14, 2013
Thumbs up Donald for this beautiful thread and more grease.
Re: 13 Business Ideas For 2013 by megareal: 7:13pm On Mar 14, 2013
Great post. Im still waiting for more.
Re: 13 Business Ideas For 2013 by macdot(m): 7:20pm On Mar 14, 2013
Waiting patiently for your research findings on the businesses especially the juice making and livestock farming.
Thanks for your efforts, i really appreciate this.
macdot700@yahoo.com
Re: 13 Business Ideas For 2013 by ab1x: 7:25pm On Mar 14, 2013
Of a truth, supply is greater than demand in catfish business at the moment and that has affected a decline in the price of fish. If you come to Ijebu Ode, you will understand where I am coming from. To be candid with you, fish biz is no longer lucrative like before because a lot of people are tropping into it day in, day out. To cap it all, the price of feeds are drastically going up and the profit margin itself is nothing to write home about.

1 Like

Re: 13 Business Ideas For 2013 by jeffizy(m): 7:27pm On Mar 14, 2013
Nice thread!
MODS.should see the traffic on the thread and learn that a nice thread on front-page can never go wrong.
Re: 13 Business Ideas For 2013 by baslone: 7:31pm On Mar 14, 2013
myviewr:

importing some goods into nigeria is illegal. isn't importing clothes illegal
Show me a successful nigerian businessman that comes clean.

You can only get super rich in the dark

1 Like

Re: 13 Business Ideas For 2013 by Nobody: 7:34pm On Mar 14, 2013
Pls ..i need info on juice making..topeyemi20@yahoo.com....tnks
Re: 13 Business Ideas For 2013 by mygirrl: 7:45pm On Mar 14, 2013
muib: Pls ..i need info on juice making..topeyemi20@yahoo.com....tnks

if you need further information why can't you go and research on ur own. I really hate it when people think they can get someone to pursue their goals for them

3 Likes

Re: 13 Business Ideas For 2013 by caesaraba(m): 7:47pm On Mar 14, 2013
mygirrl:

if you need further information why can't you go and research on ur own. I really hate it when people think they can get someone to pursue their goals for them

That's the spirit!
Re: 13 Business Ideas For 2013 by Nobody: 7:47pm On Mar 14, 2013
Nice thread.:: bookmarked!
Re: 13 Business Ideas For 2013 by vascey(m): 7:47pm On Mar 14, 2013
Lovely thread. Nice one Donald. Fantastic work you are doing. Please go on.
Re: 13 Business Ideas For 2013 by omowolewa: 8:00pm On Mar 14, 2013
Nice topic!!!
Re: 13 Business Ideas For 2013 by An0nimus: 8:01pm On Mar 14, 2013
now following, follow back?grin
Nice one Donald. Me likey

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) ... (11) (Reply)

Have Fraudsters Invaded The BVN System? / Welcome-Hisenjos Fiverr,Freelancer via Payoneer Skrill Exchange Customer Support / See The 55-inch Plasma TV A Lady Got After Ordering For It On Facebook.

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 35
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.