Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,194,284 members, 7,954,120 topics. Date: Friday, 20 September 2024 at 12:41 PM

If You Are Made The President Of Nigeria For 24hrs, What Would You Do? - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / If You Are Made The President Of Nigeria For 24hrs, What Would You Do? (697 Views)

I Met With The President Of West Germany - BUHARI / Bukola Saraki Is The Senate President Of The 8th NASS / NAF Alpha Jets Conducted Four Airstrikes Against Boko Haram in 24hrs (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

If You Are Made The President Of Nigeria For 24hrs, What Would You Do? by Rexsul: 7:19pm On Jan 15, 2013
Guys wot wuld u do if u r gvn d chance 2b d president of this great Country theoritically knwn as d giant of Africa for grin 24hrs?
Re: If You Are Made The President Of Nigeria For 24hrs, What Would You Do? by GeebeeM(m): 7:26pm On Jan 15, 2013
O God grant me the wisdom dat u gave 2 Solomon. So much 2 do
Re: If You Are Made The President Of Nigeria For 24hrs, What Would You Do? by KnowAll(m): 10:49pm On Jan 15, 2013
i will put 2 million nigerian unemployed people in uniform that is (army, navy and airforce) and send them to conflict zones in west africa. Can u imagine sending a million armed nigerians to northern mali. Hitler put 2 million people in uniform and send them to russia in 1941. So it will be a good strategy to minimize un-employent.

Graduates will be officers cadre while other ranks would be school cert graduates. By so doing un-employment will drop to d bearest minimum.
Re: If You Are Made The President Of Nigeria For 24hrs, What Would You Do? by DuduNegro: 11:28pm On Jan 15, 2013
lock afam up in kirikiri.
Re: If You Are Made The President Of Nigeria For 24hrs, What Would You Do? by Nobody: 6:12am On Jan 16, 2013
Arrest ALL corrupt leaders , ensure that they sign over ALL their properties EVERYWHR in the world over to the govt and retain #5m for their upkeep.
Any undeclared property will be forfeited to the host govt and shared 70/30 by Nigeria and that govt.
Re: If You Are Made The President Of Nigeria For 24hrs, What Would You Do? by Rexsul: 7:01am On Jan 16, 2013
KnowAll: i will put 2 million nigerian unemployed people in uniform that is (army, navy and airforce) and send them to conflict zones in west africa. Can u imagine sending a million armed nigerians to northern mali. Hitler put 2 million people in uniform and send them to russia in 1941. So it will be a good strategy to minimize un-employent.

Graduates will be officers cadre while other ranks would be school cert graduates. By so doing un-employment will drop to d bearest minimum.
All dat withn 24hrs? undecided
Re: If You Are Made The President Of Nigeria For 24hrs, What Would You Do? by Rexsul: 7:03am On Jan 16, 2013
Mod. This is a seriouse case dat needs 2b sort out on d front page.
Re: If You Are Made The President Of Nigeria For 24hrs, What Would You Do? by lastmanstandn(m): 7:32am On Jan 16, 2013
If made President for 24 hours,

I will hurriedly prepare a bill to be immediately sent to the National Assembly. This bill will be prepared by experienced past supreme court judges. It will seek the immediately removal of the immunity clause for the presidency and all executive positions in the country. I will also order the Finance Minister to provide 50 million naira cash for all those who will vote in support of the bill (to prevent sabotoers from hijacking the process).

I will meet with ASUU and the Education Minister on how to begin the process of granting full autonomy to the Universities so they can grow independently off government.

I will send military troops across the 36 states by 7am, and order the total removal of subsidy by 11am, and a 24 hour curfew to be imposed immediately with Omar and Esele under a secret house arrest.

Also a bill for the deregulation of the state propaganda machine BON(NTA) would be immediately prepared and backed with heavy reward for lawmaker who will vote in support of it.

Another immediately order to the RMAFC to review the revenue sharing formula witholding 25% to the central which will make the federal govt less attractive.

All this I feel can be done in 24 hours if the political will is present.
Re: If You Are Made The President Of Nigeria For 24hrs, What Would You Do? by mankevo(m): 8:20am On Jan 16, 2013
In 24hours time the schedule will be like:
You resume work in the first hour, and the Presidential orderlies use 2hours taking you around Aso Rock and intimating you the protocols.
you enter office and called for joint ministerial briefing, it takes approximately 1:30mins for all ministers to arrive, and as you are waiting for them your parents call that your local govt has organised a solidarity visit immediately as this might be their only chance of being to AsoVilla, and as you are worried, the assigned Chief-of Staff advises you not to fail yur people as dis might indeed be their last chance, and you agreed.
On ministerial briefing, it took Min.of finance 1hr to paint the gloomy picture of the nation's financial status to you and how IMF is fingering their anus to pay back, and your mind flash to yur bank account and yu cant really state between yu and the nation whom is richer. Defence takes another 2hrs giving yu the real truth behind Boko Haram, you shout ''w-h-a..'' before the last ''t'' something touched yur back and yu look back only to see the Aboki security attache ready to blow ur head if yu over question it, and yu smile ''understandably''
ur people arrive on a chartered flight and occasion takes almost 5hours, yu discovered that they were treated lavishly by the ''the special duties dept'' and yu start to put up a bill that will transform the nation, only to be called to make national broadcast as a 24hrs presido. this will consume another 2hours as protocol will make sure their is no threat at all.
before yu realize, 20hrs has gone, and yu hurry to finish yur bill and submit to NASS,but the protocol advises yu that it'll need 50billion to share around if yu want the bill to pass especially as yu wont be around to exert pressure on them, and yu start making plan to see ur bill see the light of the day. just as the 23rd hour approached,the special duties office gave yu 900million gift and yu questioned ''how!! they inform yu that 1.2billion was appropriated to entertain ur local govt ppl who paid homage, only 100million was spent on them &the officials shared 200million, so the left over is your!!!!!!!!
''What if am prosecuted after....'' you seem to question, but you are advised ''JUST DONT DIE'' Nigerians dont prosecute living ex-President. just then its complete 24hrs and yu hand power back to the incumbent. very busy and interesting day.

1 Like

Re: If You Are Made The President Of Nigeria For 24hrs, What Would You Do? by seunfly: 8:40am On Jan 16, 2013
Geebee-M:
O God grant me the wisdom dat u gave 2 Solomon. So much 2 do
me too!!!
After that i will utilise EFCC, ICPC, SSS and the COURT OF LAW judiciouly to make our PRISONs filled with the right peaple.
Re: If You Are Made The President Of Nigeria For 24hrs, What Would You Do? by Calvin420Blaze: 8:44am On Jan 16, 2013
Blaze it
Re: If You Are Made The President Of Nigeria For 24hrs, What Would You Do? by GAR3TH(m): 8:50am On Jan 16, 2013
There is nothing you can do as president that will truly affect the lives of people in just 24 hours, especially with the ridiculous bureaucracy, redtape and overhead, Nigeria has. So I guess I'll just sack everyone and get rid of a federal government all together. I'll make sure that nigeria is controlled by the states. the allocation formula will remain the same but since the federal gov is gone, each state should receive a huge difference in the amount of allocation than normal. The federal gov is just toooo corrupt and the best thing to do is to get rid of them. its alot easier to hold individual, weaker gov accountable than to hold one power central gov accountable.
Re: If You Are Made The President Of Nigeria For 24hrs, What Would You Do? by Rexsul: 8:54am On Jan 16, 2013
Guys i tink d time wil b 2 short 4 all dat......4 me i tink d best thing 2 do is to withdraw 500 billion naira 4 ur self (@ least 2 say bye bye 2 poverty cheesy) and then release money for d immediate running of Ajaokuta steel company in oda 2 reduce d heavy burdn we put on petroleum n diversify our economy who knws, Nigeria might lata be among d countries producing cars if everytn works well.
Re: If You Are Made The President Of Nigeria For 24hrs, What Would You Do? by lagerwhenindoubt(m): 8:58am On Jan 16, 2013
Absolutely nothing positive.. it'll be hard to beat Abdulsalami Abubakar's record of emptying the treasury within the space of 3 months, well.. i'll just sit back and munch that presidential cassava bread as I abuse Sambo on the phone - sege iskanchi, banza

(1) (Reply)

Standing Ovation To Some Politics Posters Of Nairaland / Lapd Targets Fellow Officers - "More Is Coming" - Tb Joshua / Revealed :the Intrigues,the Conspiracy & Politics Of The Bode Goerge

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 25
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.