Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,151,835 members, 7,813,789 topics. Date: Tuesday, 30 April 2024 at 06:28 PM

Why Do Nigerian Embassies In The U.S Have Teribble Customer Service? - Travel (3) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Travel / Why Do Nigerian Embassies In The U.S Have Teribble Customer Service? (7842 Views)

Nigeria Embassies: A Building Of Educated Zombies / Why Do Foreign Embassies Reject Our Nigerian Traditional Weddings? / Foreign Embassies And Consulates In Nigeria (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Why Do Nigerian Embassies In The U.S Have Teribble Customer Service? by nitusa: 3:45pm On Jan 16, 2013
damas11111: Q: Why do Nigerian Embassies have terrible customer service?
A: Because Nigerians work in Nigerian Embassies and courtesy is not a quality most Nigerians are bestowed with.

The OP was right. Check Atlanta, No toilet tissue in the bathroom, money supposed to be used to buy tissue paper has been eaten up by corrupt official running the embassy. They collect bribes openly. You might be on line for hours, let their
friends and cronies walk in and see how they will walk pass you and get attended so fast.

This is what the external affairs don't know. A lot of foreign investors do not go to Nigeria because of visa problem. We are destroying our own development. My suggestion, 80% of current embassy staff should be let go. Hire young Nigerians born in these countries to take over. They understand customer service and can perform well.
Re: Why Do Nigerian Embassies In The U.S Have Teribble Customer Service? by Fhemmmy: 3:48pm On Jan 16, 2013
nitusa:

The OP was right. Check Atlanta, No toilet tissue in the bathroom, money supposed to be used to buy tissue paper has been eaten up by corrupt official running the embassy. They collect bribes openly. You might be on line for hours, let their
friends and cronies walk in and see how they will walk pass you and get attended so fast.

This is what the external affairs don't know. A lot of foreign investors do not go to Nigeria because of visa problem. We are destroying our own development. My suggestion, 80% of current embassy staff should be let go. Hire young Nigerians born in these countries to take over. They understand customer service and can perform well.

So sad!
Re: Why Do Nigerian Embassies In The U.S Have Teribble Customer Service? by Nobody: 3:48pm On Jan 16, 2013
but the funny thing is...when you go to a Nigerian restaurant or a Nigerian store...the people and the owner are very nice and treat you with respect....but any government institute is like...dealing with a mad people....
Re: Why Do Nigerian Embassies In The U.S Have Teribble Customer Service? by Fhemmmy: 4:00pm On Jan 16, 2013
Mr knowitall.:
but the funny thing is...when you go to a Nigerian restaurant or a Nigerian store...the people and the owner are very nice and treat you with respect....but any government institute is like...dealing with a mad people....

I dont blv that, even the restaurants in Canada that are owned by Nigerians are pathetic, the service is horrible . . . But that i have a choice, i dont have to go there, but visa office, it is our money that is paying their salary, and we should be served well.
Re: Why Do Nigerian Embassies In The U.S Have Teribble Customer Service? by deletrue: 4:03pm On Jan 16, 2013
I remember when i read in New Nigerian News Paper when Zike of African warned that nigerians are yet to see anything. That, the way we are going is such that, a point will come when the ship called nigerian will sail to an extent where we will not be able to reverse. That the only question we will ask ourselves then is: how did we come to this extent? These are the good people in the hey days.
Re: Why Do Nigerian Embassies In The U.S Have Teribble Customer Service? by aglomar: 6:21pm On Jan 16, 2013
They are extensions of Nigeria so what do u expect? White fowls don't lay black eggs.
Re: Why Do Nigerian Embassies In The U.S Have Teribble Customer Service? by occam(m): 7:14pm On Jan 16, 2013
nitusa:

Not all the time. In some cases they do surprise you...

Last year, a friend applied for visa at the Canadian consulate. She downloaded the application online, submitted and sent passports plus documents to the consulate in Ottawa. A week after she called that she got her passport back with VISA stamp (via mail). I was very shocked! I had to check it out to see if the visa was genuine. Well she traveled to Niaja and came back without any hassle. Go figure

Guess they treat foreigners way better than sons & daughters of the soil
Re: Why Do Nigerian Embassies In The U.S Have Teribble Customer Service? by Richy4(m): 7:41pm On Jan 16, 2013
I guess we are blessed here in Australia with friendly and well trained staffs. They do not answer their phone much but when they do,u will not believe they are Nigerians, No one that I know has ever had issues with them. I guess it is not all Nigerian Embassy.
Re: Why Do Nigerian Embassies In The U.S Have Teribble Customer Service? by nitusa: 8:17pm On Jan 16, 2013
occam:

Not all the time. In some cases they do surprise you...

Last year, a friend applied for visa at the Canadian consulate. She downloaded the application online, submitted and sent passports plus documents to the consulate in Ottawa. A week after she called that she got her passport back with VISA stamp (via mail). I was very shocked! I had to check it out to see if the visa was genuine. Well she traveled to Niaja and came back without any hassle. Go figure

Guess they treat foreigners way better than sons & daughters of the soil

You might be right. I am talking from experience. I have taken several investors/business friends to Nigeria and they promised me never to return. I have been invited to China stayed in 5 star hotel when I was about to check out after 4 days at the counter, the clerk told me my bill has been fully paid by the provincial government. I did not pay one penny. I am a U.S. citizen born in Nigeria trying to give back to this country, no string attached, spent thousands of hard earned dollars, no success. You approach govt official to discuss some laudable project that will benefit the people, guess what comes out of their mouth? WHATS IN FOR ME. At the expense of descent young men and women. Look my friend, if we are product of Nigeria doing well here in USA, Engineers, Medical practitioners and so on, I believe the youth can still make it. There are good Nigerians at this side of the continent who are not mainly looking for money but will be self fulfilled just by giving back to the country. Seriously, we need to educate these leaders.

Re: Why Do Nigerian Embassies In The U.S Have Teribble Customer Service? by Philolos: 10:14pm On Jan 16, 2013
Mr knowitall.:
i wanted to travel to Ghana, but my passport was expired. i called the Nigerian embassy in Atlanta and DC to renew my passport.

i was holding on the phone for like 40mins for Atlanta but no pick up in DC. The lady that picked up was rude as hell, she even hung up before i cold ask her a question. I wasted 60 dollars n the application but wen i called the Ghanian Embassy in Houston, the phone rang twice and to my surprise someone answered it. she was very nice and told me everything i needed to do oto get a isa. i went to their embassy, within 10 mins i was out of there with a visa.

Nigerian customer service is terrible
Nice post. I've always used a third-party service. That's 40 minutes you could put to better use either earning or learning...
Re: Why Do Nigerian Embassies In The U.S Have Teribble Customer Service? by Nobody: 10:54pm On Jan 16, 2013
This is a real issue in all Nigerian Embassies abroad. My case study is The Nigerian Embassy in Moscow back in 2007. Thank God the phone works now (a sign of a new beginning). The fact is this, Foreign embassies treat NIgerians at home like Shi.t, while the Nigerian Embassies abroad treat Nigerians like shi.t abroad. Persoanally I see it that Nigerian are highly unwelcomed at their embassies abroad.
Have we ever asked the question, who are these embassy workers? Mostly they are staffs from the Ministry of foreign affairs usually the junior staffs as the senior staffs are always in the AC in their office leading a department in the embassy. These junior staffs are boy boy to some directors to get sent on foreign mission. We all know the recruitment to ministry and the way things are being done at our federal ministries.
These guys are just fortunate gays and oppurtunists that believe the world is in their pocket hence you have to beg, pay, honour them to do what they are been paid to do. They also know that there is little or no control from the top so they can do and undo nothing go happen. Most of these arrogant officer are always on heir first foreign assignment or just coming from a nigerian embassy in a dry/crazy country like Chad or syria (if any there and apologies to my Chadian friends.
In summary Welcome to a typical Nigerian federal ministry. I pray they will not start selling guguru and Epa (corn and peanuts)very soon!!!!
Re: Why Do Nigerian Embassies In The U.S Have Teribble Customer Service? by lonamy: 10:56pm On Jan 16, 2013
CrazyMan: Nigerians are naturally rude.

Just take a look at the stress you go through in the education sector.

Waec wahala

Jamb whala

Post utme whala

Admission/clearance whala

Final year clearance whala

NYSC whala

To get job whala

When you eventually get, for them to pay you whala.

Nigerians treat each other like animals.

And that's one of the major reasons why this country has refused to move forward.

Man, you make the most sense here.... You are very correct.
If you go to other cuntrues of the world, especially europe, you will hate the way we treat ourselves here, in nigeria.
Re: Why Do Nigerian Embassies In The U.S Have Teribble Customer Service? by oge4real(f): 6:20am On Jan 17, 2013
Nigerian Embassy in Australia is better now. Especially since the arrival of the new Ambassador.
Re: Why Do Nigerian Embassies In The U.S Have Teribble Customer Service? by Qc1(m): 11:19am On Jan 17, 2013
I needed a visa on my Canadian “P” to go see my folks in Naija after 15 years in Canada. I mailed everything necessary to acquire the visa including my original old naija passport to NHC Ottawa but to my surprise I was denied the visa. Why? Their reason was I need a letter of invitation from my mom, dad or anyone from my family with copies their passports or national ID. The name on my Canadian passport shows My Original Yoruba name with place of birth; Lagos. On top of that there wasn't any doubt on my naija-looking-man passport photo.
To make it worse I mailed them copy of my returned ticket to naija to show that I really need the visa because I had 3 weeks to board the plane. Normally the process is less than a week to get everything mailed back to self-addressed mail to you. They deliberately kept my Canadian P and mailed it back to me without visa in just 24 hours to board.

I called the NHC Ottawa for explanations and I wished I’d just let it go! Very terrible experience!
Re: Why Do Nigerian Embassies In The U.S Have Teribble Customer Service? by TopeFl(m): 7:34am On Feb 19, 2013
See Nigerian Embassy for Atlanta...see roof abeg!!!

(1) (2) (3) (Reply)

FG Fines British Airways $135M & Virgin Atlantic $100M Over Ticket Prices / Travelling To Bahamas, / How Do I Book Local Flights In Nigeria?

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 54
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.