Stats: 3,151,808 members, 7,813,654 topics. Date: Tuesday, 30 April 2024 at 03:41 PM

Why Do Nigerian Embassies In The U.S Have Teribble Customer Service? - Travel (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Travel / Why Do Nigerian Embassies In The U.S Have Teribble Customer Service? (7841 Views)

Nigeria Embassies: A Building Of Educated Zombies / Why Do Foreign Embassies Reject Our Nigerian Traditional Weddings? / Foreign Embassies And Consulates In Nigeria (2) (3) (4)

Re: Why Do Nigerian Embassies In The U.S Have Teribble Customer Service? by RossP: 10:57am On Jan 16, 2013
The Nigerian High Commission in Ottawa - Canada is the worse I have seen and a complete embarrasment. You try to call the embassy for a whole week and no one pick-ups. At the end, you get a voice message requesting that you leave your details and they will get back to you which they never do. The embassy does not have a functional email account and documents faxed to them are never received (as they claim). The situation is so pathetic and there is really noboby to complain to. Chief Ojo Maduekwe, please do something ....
Re: Why Do Nigerian Embassies In The U.S Have Teribble Customer Service? by Biggoozz: 10:58am On Jan 16, 2013
Has anyone been at the Lag Int'l airport lately? Mob disorderliness, everyone sweating profusely and fanning with paper, old people tired of standing and sitting on bare floor sad. Now you stand there watching people from even poorer different countries where things work with the expressions on their faces, then you remember the amount of billions mentioned in the media being thrown around everywhere and wonder if it is all happening in a dream. Let God's judgment be swift!

Re: Why Do Nigerian Embassies In The U.S Have Teribble Customer Service? by Skywalker3(m): 11:01am On Jan 16, 2013
This poo doesnt happen in embassies alone.
It happens in banks, schools, government offices etc
I just dont understand how people can be like this.
I was in a bank last week to collect a card that was supposed to have been ready three weeks earlier.

When I asked the customer care lady, if my card was ready. She was mute for like 5 minutes, then she gave me a disgusting look with her fat face, and said she hasnt seen any card.

This is one of the reasons why I hate Nigeria. Its citizens are too wicked.

Re: Why Do Nigerian Embassies In The U.S Have Teribble Customer Service? by dilbert100: 11:06am On Jan 16, 2013
Re: Why Do Nigerian Embassies In The U.S Have Teribble Customer Service? by TopeFl(m): 11:09am On Jan 16, 2013
Did you say Nigerian Embassy Atlanta? 8060 Roswell Road? I had my fair share about 5 months ago. I even got a speeding ticket driving there from Florida. There was this sadist there called Mr Pius. That guy almost made me go to jail that day, See as the guy jus dey talk to people anyhow. When it was my turn, I told him "guy, i dont like the way you're talking to me." O pari o...the maga went off on me!!! see shouting. I later retaliated and then some elderly man intervened. He sef dey take style yab me sey are you not a Yoruba boy? Your people have are regarded as the most respectable culture in Nigeria. I told him that he cant tell me nothing about respect coz I was well brought up and I respect my elders. Mr Pius had a family in front of him he was attending to but still was screaming at me, saying "I have beenin this country for 20 years." I replied "Na here dem born me oga, no give ya self hypertension, u go jus kpai for nothing." He lost it and got up screaming "get out of my office, get outttttt!!! I laughed and left. The thing wey come pain me pass be the $382 speeding ticket i got on top of this insult. I returned home and wrote a grievance against Mr Pius. I addressed it to the ambassador himself Ambassador Geoffrey Teneilabe. I tracked the letter that showed they signed and received it but till today no response. Im sure dem don recycle the paper sef. Nothing works in Naija even in yankee sef. I will see if I can post pictures of how the interior of the embassy looks sef- very rugged...lol

Re: Why Do Nigerian Embassies In The U.S Have Teribble Customer Service? by KokoBeware: 11:12am On Jan 16, 2013
Its simply management problem... nobody cares so everyone acts as they like.....Same thing was happening at he embassy in UK untill this new ambassador came.... was shocked when one of my guyz spent less than 50mins in the embassy renewing his passport, and the new passport arrived in less than a week.....
Re: Why Do Nigerian Embassies In The U.S Have Teribble Customer Service? by valarinz: 11:22am On Jan 16, 2013
Dee60:

Good question - I don't know the answer. A Nigerian comes to you to beg for a job, 2 months into it s/he becomes a lord who has to be begged to work! And we have this terrible attitude of complaining of 'low salaries' whereas we have no value added!

true talk my friend, d females are d most terrible to encounter, always bitter except of course they sense you are going to give them a tip
Re: Why Do Nigerian Embassies In The U.S Have Teribble Customer Service? by Lovine: 11:22am On Jan 16, 2013
It is the same in France and Belgium, they are not trained in customer services or they are possessed with pride, whether they work or not there is pay
Re: Why Do Nigerian Embassies In The U.S Have Teribble Customer Service? by Nobody: 11:24am On Jan 16, 2013
Biggoozz: Has anyone been at the Lag Int'l airport lately? Mob disorderliness, everyone sweating profusely and fanning with paper, old people tired of standing and sitting on bare floor sad. Now you stand there watching people from even poorer different countries where things work with the expressions on their faces, then you remember the amount of billions mentioned in the media being thrown around everywhere and wonder if it is all happening in a dream. Let God's judgment be swift!
Too bad.
Dee60:

Good question - I don't know the answer. A Nigerian comes to you to beg for a job, 2 months into it s/he becomes a lord who has to be begged to work! And we have this terrible attitude of complaining of 'low salaries' whereas we have no value added!
so fecking true!

4bobo: why did you allow your passport to expire before renew it. you too you are rude and a troublesome customer.
Lmao grin

ziccoit: How do you think the majority of the staff were recruited? This is one of the results of trading competency for nepotism. Meanwhile, try some inducement/bribery and see how things will improve for' better' cheesy
Bribery make things work like magic in Nigeria. I remember when I was at uni(OAU), to see HOD na war. All those Secretary and clerical staff would force the students to buy egg roll and malt before they let us see oga.

fast forward, 7 years later after graduation, to start up my business and obtain some approvals, license e.t.c I still have to bribe state ministry officials(from clerical to perm sec) with money running into millions to get things done, else my file won't even move to the commisoners desk. It would be forgotten on a directors desk for atleast 2years.

As for the poor customer service, it cuts across all sectors of the economy (both private and public) and not just embassies.
Re: Why Do Nigerian Embassies In The U.S Have Teribble Customer Service? by nollywood20: 11:25am On Jan 16, 2013
[size=18pt]Over 90% of our embassies have incompetent staff. In fact many of the ambassadors are useless.[/size]
Re: Why Do Nigerian Embassies In The U.S Have Teribble Customer Service? by MARKREN: 11:28am On Jan 16, 2013
CrazyMan: Nigerians are naturally rude.

Just take a look at the stress you go through in the education sector.

Waec wahala

Jamb whala

Post utme whala

Admission/clearance whala

Final year clearance whala

NYSC whala

To get job whala

When you eventually get, for them to pay you whala.

Nigerians treat each other like animals.

And that's one of the major reasons why this country has refused to move forward.
You aptly stated the problem with US nigerians. We like to play God in any position we find ourselves. This a country of "EJOOR & BIKO Sir" You beg for power to do your Biz, you beg to buy fuel to put in your car, you beg to get your salary/payment for work you have done, you beg to write exams, you beg to see your results, you beg to collect your certificate, you beg for job/contract, you beg for the doctor to attend to you. I can go on & on.

Re: Why Do Nigerian Embassies In The U.S Have Teribble Customer Service? by Demoladoc: 11:41am On Jan 16, 2013
The Nigerian Embassy in JOHANNESBURG is the worst embassy of any country IN THE WHOLE WORLD. The customer call center is rubbish, does work
The staff are absolutely rude and immensely full of shyte
The whole building is totally creepy
The service delivery is abysmally poor.

The whole embassy is such a shamefully place

Re: Why Do Nigerian Embassies In The U.S Have Teribble Customer Service? by vanstanzy(m): 11:43am On Jan 16, 2013
"THE APPLE NEVER FALLS FAR FROM ITS TREE!". Com'on, afterall we are talking of Nigerians here.
Re: Why Do Nigerian Embassies In The U.S Have Teribble Customer Service? by skfa1: 11:49am On Jan 16, 2013
Not only in US,same in UK,even in Nigeria. Try n check the link below for the thread I created regard Nigeria embassy in London.

https://www.nairaland.com/290745/nigeria-embassy-london-worst-management

Re: Why Do Nigerian Embassies In The U.S Have Teribble Customer Service? by Ilaje44(m): 12:15pm On Jan 16, 2013
Nuzo':
1. Because the customer service is operated by Nigerians.
2. Because the customer is Nigerian.

These two are both rude, loud and ITK set of people and they've made it part of their culture.

Not all Nigerians are ITK. The really educated and well exposed ones are definitely not in this your category. The thing is, Nigerian Government Agencies and Parastatals are terrible. The reason being that there is no checks and balances, decorum, work ethics, meritocracy. Your Govt does not give a damm, and so many, nay, majority of Nigerians too. Until we collectively start holding our Govt in stewardship, I fear things might remain like that for a long time to come.

I had a similar encouter with the Nigerian embassy in 1995. And though things have improved a bit since the civilian regime, Nigerian embassy is the last place I would want to be if I really want be a happy man. But we have to go there. Either to renew our passports or to get a Visa to visit families and friends. If not for my families and friends, I would never bothered to wish Nigeria well.
Re: Why Do Nigerian Embassies In The U.S Have Teribble Customer Service? by Pacemaker: 12:23pm On Jan 16, 2013
Sky walker: This poo doesnt happen in embassies alone.
It happens in banks, schools, government offices etc
I just dont understand how peopleArik can be like this.
I was in a bank last week to collect a card that was supposed to have been ready three weeks earlier.

When I asked the customer care lady, if my card was ready. She was mute for like 5 minutes, then she gave me a disgusting look with her fat face, and said she hasnt seen any card.

This is one of the reasons why I hate Nigeria. Its citizens are too wicked.
The sad truth. I had similar experience at GT bank in Lagos. Lazy set of employees that have two things in mind during work hours ( bribe and gossiping ). Arik airline staffers are very notorious when it comes to customer service, sometimes you wonder why Nigerians are treated like sheep prior to boarding air plane from a foreign country. If I may ask when was the last time we were called giant of Africa? We are our own worst enemies

Re: Why Do Nigerian Embassies In The U.S Have Teribble Customer Service? by Nobody: 12:33pm On Jan 16, 2013
4bobo: why did you allow your passport to expire before renew it. you too you are rude and a troublesome customer.
you are stpuid
Re: Why Do Nigerian Embassies In The U.S Have Teribble Customer Service? by supereagle(m): 12:34pm On Jan 16, 2013
Mr knowitall.:
i wanted to travel to Ghana, but my passport was expired. i called the Nigerian embassy in Atlanta and DC to renew my passport.

i was holding on the phone for like 40mins for Atlanta but no pick up in DC. The lady that picked up was rude as hell, she even hung up before i cold ask her a question. I wasted 60 dollars n the application but wen i called the Ghanian Embassy in Houston, the phone rang twice and to my surprise someone answered it. she was very nice and told me everything i needed to do oto get a isa. i went to their embassy, within 10 mins i was out of there with a visa.

Nigerian customer service is terrible

They want you to water the ground for them. Be smart boy, Naija Factor.
Re: Why Do Nigerian Embassies In The U.S Have Teribble Customer Service? by Nobody: 12:45pm On Jan 16, 2013
KokoBeware: Its simply management problem... nobody cares so everyone acts as they like.....Same thing was happening at he embassy in UK untill this new ambassador came.... was shocked when one of my guyz spent less than 50mins in the embassy renewing his passport, and the new passport arrived in less than a week.....
shocked shocked shocked impossible
Re: Why Do Nigerian Embassies In The U.S Have Teribble Customer Service? by cerruti(m): 12:49pm On Jan 16, 2013
Not only in the US, I my opinion, I think it's all Nigerian embassies "all Na the same thing". Try call the one in Germany ...Na Wahala to pick your call ...when they pick na worst. What I want to ask my follower nairalander is what should we do to avert this ugly attitudes...

Re: Why Do Nigerian Embassies In The U.S Have Teribble Customer Service? by Ann77: 12:54pm On Jan 16, 2013
Tope_Fl: Did you say Nigerian Embassy Atlanta? 8060 Roswell Road? I had my fair share about 5 months ago. I even got a speeding ticket driving there from Florida. There was this sadist there called Mr Pius. That guy almost made me go to jail that day, See as the guy jus dey talk to people anyhow. When it was my turn, I told him "guy, i dont like the way you're talking to me." O pari o...the maga went off on me!!! see shouting. I later retaliated and then some elderly man intervened. He sef dey take style yab me sey are you not a Yoruba boy? Your people have are regarded as the most respectable culture in Nigeria. I told him that he cant tell me nothing about respect coz I was well brought up and I respect my elders. Mr Pius had a family in front of him he was attending to but still was screaming at me, saying "I have beenin this country for 20 years." I replied "Na here dem born me oga, no give ya self hypertension, u go jus kpai for nothing." He lost it and got up screaming "get out of my office, get outttttt!!! I laughed and left. The thing wey come pain me pass be the $382 speeding ticket i got on top of this insult. I returned home and wrote a grievance against Mr Pius. I addressed it to the ambassador himself Ambassador Geoffrey Teneilabe. I tracked the letter that showed they signed and received it but till today no response. Im sure dem don recycle the paper sef. Nothing works in Naija even in yankee sef. I will see if I can post pictures of how the interior of the embassy looks sef- very rugged...lol

I still dey laugh oooo!!!!! hahahahaha
Re: Why Do Nigerian Embassies In The U.S Have Teribble Customer Service? by Nobody: 1:35pm On Jan 16, 2013
Tope_Fl: Did you say Nigerian Embassy Atlanta? 8060 Roswell Road? I had my fair share about 5 months ago. I even got a speeding ticket driving there from Florida. There was this sadist there called Mr Pius. That guy almost made me go to jail that day, See as the guy jus dey talk to people anyhow. When it was my turn, I told him "guy, i dont like the way you're talking to me." O pari o...the maga went off on me!!! see shouting. I later retaliated and then some elderly man intervened. He sef dey take style yab me sey are you not a Yoruba boy? Your people have are regarded as the most respectable culture in Nigeria. I told him that he cant tell me nothing about respect coz I was well brought up and I respect my elders. Mr Pius had a family in front of him he was attending to but still was screaming at me, saying "I have beenin this country for 20 years." I replied "Na here dem born me oga, no give ya self hypertension, u go jus kpai for nothing." He lost it and got up screaming "get out of my office, get outttttt!!! I laughed and left. The thing wey come pain me pass be the $382 speeding ticket i got on top of this insult. I returned home and wrote a grievance against Mr Pius. I addressed it to the ambassador himself Ambassador Geoffrey Teneilabe. I tracked the letter that showed they signed and received it but till today no response. Im sure dem don recycle the paper sef. Nothing works in Naija even in yankee sef. I will see if I can post pictures of how the interior of the embassy looks sef- very rugged...lol

EHHHN! I WILL REPORT THIS EDDDIOT AMBASSADOR TO JHONATHAN WHEN I MEET AM FOR EM PRIVATE OFFICE FOR ASO ROCK.....NO VEX NA THERE WE THEY SHARE OUR LOOTS WEY WE STEAL FROM FEDERAL ALLOCATION FOR NIGERIAN EMBASSIES grin grin grin grin grin
Re: Why Do Nigerian Embassies In The U.S Have Teribble Customer Service? by guy1234: 1:44pm On Jan 16, 2013
Just curious:how will the Nigerian embassy in heaven be? grin grin
Re: Why Do Nigerian Embassies In The U.S Have Teribble Customer Service? by Nobody: 1:48pm On Jan 16, 2013
guy1234: Just curious:how will the Nigerian embassy in heaven be? grin grin
dont worry there be few nigerians in heaven.....only a handful of us are going..
Re: Why Do Nigerian Embassies In The U.S Have Teribble Customer Service? by klax(m): 2:25pm On Jan 16, 2013
holyvirgin: A ghanian painting nigeria's customer care black, trying to upgrade ghanians cs... I hail you o
Try again later... undecided

So Bro what is the meaning of what you just said above Does this sound sensible to you And does what you said elate to this thread and by the way what a hell is f u c king ghana has to with this

Back to the thread the truth is Nigeria do not have Embassy anywhere what we have is simply named as "Nigeria Embargo" and not Nigeria Embassy because when you want to be depress just go to any "Nigeria Embargo" depression will come free of charge by the time they frustrate you with their "silly slow poke a s s brain" talking from experience.
Re: Why Do Nigerian Embassies In The U.S Have Teribble Customer Service? by pappilo(m): 2:41pm On Jan 16, 2013
Biggoozz: Has anyone been at the Lag Int'l airport lately? Mob disorderliness, everyone sweating profusely and fanning with paper, old people tired of standing and sitting on bare floor sad. Now you stand there watching people from even poorer different countries where things work with the expressions on their faces, then you remember the amount of billions mentioned in the media being thrown around everywhere and wonder if it is all happening in a dream. Let God's judgment be swift!

I went to Naija in December and my luggage didnt arrive. I went back the next evening and the ease at which I got into the luggage claiming area was unbelievable. I found one of my bags in D wing and was told to go to E wing to search for the rest. I was allowed into the baggage claim area with my bag and all they did was rub a metal detector against my body and even though it went off, I was allowed in and so were many others. I could have blown that terminal to smitherings if I was so inclined.

Ibo boys dont play o! See riot when no more luggage came through for passengers on a recently arrived Turkish Airline plane. Me wey think say I get strong head, I kukuma clear road for jagajaga.
Re: Why Do Nigerian Embassies In The U.S Have Teribble Customer Service? by TenKobo1: 2:50pm On Jan 16, 2013
It's the same with all Nigeria embassies all over the world, like government like embassies. spit!!
Re: Why Do Nigerian Embassies In The U.S Have Teribble Customer Service? by Fhemmmy: 2:55pm On Jan 16, 2013
Mr knowitall.:
i wanted to travel to Ghana, but my passport was expired. i called the Nigerian embassy in Atlanta and DC to renew my passport.

i was holding on the phone for like 40mins for Atlanta but no pick up in DC. The lady that picked up was rude as hell, she even hung up before i cold ask her a question. I wasted 60 dollars n the application but wen i called the Ghanian Embassy in Houston, the phone rang twice and to my surprise someone answered it. she was very nice and told me everything i needed to do oto get a isa. i went to their embassy, within 10 mins i was out of there with a visa.

Nigerian customer service is terrible

In Canada too . . . .
Re: Why Do Nigerian Embassies In The U.S Have Teribble Customer Service? by damas11111(m): 2:59pm On Jan 16, 2013
Q: Why do Nigerian Embassies have terrible customer service?
A: Because Nigerians work in Nigerian Embassies and courtesy is not a quality most Nigerians are bestowed with.
Re: Why Do Nigerian Embassies In The U.S Have Teribble Customer Service? by Fhemmmy: 3:04pm On Jan 16, 2013
damas11111: Q: Why do Nigerian Embassies have terrible customer service?
A: Because Nigerians work in Nigerian Embassies and courtesy is not a quality most Nigerians are bestowed with.

That is not good enough, there are still some Nigerians within Nigeria that are not rude and have great customer service attitude, those could be hired, but when the boss is already checking out what is under the skirt of the employee, or the madam is already riding the boy, that is what you get and when the job was given based on "i know his/her dad" . . besides in the USA, Canada and all these countries, there are reliable and good Nigerians that could work in those offices too . . .
Re: Why Do Nigerian Embassies In The U.S Have Teribble Customer Service? by Namiad(m): 3:26pm On Jan 16, 2013
Knowledge9000: Yes, Nigerians have terrible customer service, and 99.999999999999999999999999% of it is coming from the women, YES WOMEN. Men for the most part are nice but have their own arrogance problem...another topic for another day. The women, I don't know what is wrong with them. Some of them are inherently angry from birth just by looking at their faces. The way they squeeze their face will make you just walk out with disgust. If she dares open her mouth, you can even coldcuck her.

I once visited a place to make a purchase. Upon arrival all 3 women at the counter kept a stoned face. I was shocked and asked: Did somebody die here or what? I have gotten to know that most of them do this subconsciously and has become cultural in the society.
hahaha...most tyms wen d havnt bn paid salaries
Re: Why Do Nigerian Embassies In The U.S Have Teribble Customer Service? by Fhemmmy: 3:36pm On Jan 16, 2013
Namiad:
hahaha...most tyms wen d havnt bn paid salaries

If you know cos you have not been paid will make you to be terrible at what you do, quit the job and look for something else or stay home, but once you showed up at work, you have to offer your best service to the clients cos it is not about you but about the clients

FG Fines British Airways $135M & Virgin Atlantic $100M Over Ticket Prices / Travelling To Bahamas, / How Do I Book Local Flights In Nigeria?

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 82