Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,675 members, 7,816,773 topics. Date: Friday, 03 May 2024 at 04:49 PM

Pep Guardiola Confirmed As Bayern Munich Manager - European Football (EPL, UEFA, La Liga) (3) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Sports / European Football (EPL, UEFA, La Liga) / Pep Guardiola Confirmed As Bayern Munich Manager (16461 Views)

Arsenal Vs Bayern Munich : UCL (2 - 0) On 20th October 2015 / Tito Vilanova Replaces Pep Guardiola As Barcelona Coach / Jürgen Klinsmann To Step In As Bayern Munich Coach (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Pep Guardiola Confirmed As Bayern Munich Manager by Nobody: 6:27pm On Jan 16, 2013
teskyg: Pep taking the easy way out.I expected him to take and rebuild a team just as Mounrinho did so we will know who is better as we have always argue.He went to a less competitive league.Coward.
pathetic response.

less competitive league that have had atleast semi finalist in the UCL since 2010. smh
Re: Pep Guardiola Confirmed As Bayern Munich Manager by jerikoyan(m): 6:30pm On Jan 16, 2013
Kindly Vote dayo dj bello in d Pepsi lyrics challenge...just click n like--> http:///13gEskj thanks
Re: Pep Guardiola Confirmed As Bayern Munich Manager by webcityng: 6:30pm On Jan 16, 2013
WHY GO TO EASY LEAGUE AGAIN? angry angry angry
Re: Pep Guardiola Confirmed As Bayern Munich Manager by akintun: 6:31pm On Jan 16, 2013
D best coaches in history have coached at Bayern, and Guardiola is following d footstep of coaches dat have achieved great success at a young age, and have gone on to coach Bayern.
Re: Pep Guardiola Confirmed As Bayern Munich Manager by vanstanzy(m): 6:32pm On Jan 16, 2013
NO!!!!!! shocked shocked shocked What about arsenal?
Re: Pep Guardiola Confirmed As Bayern Munich Manager by emmke(m): 6:33pm On Jan 16, 2013
Metallurgist: Belief it or not, the bundesliga is the most competative league in europe, with 5 different winners in 7 yrs. The epl is 70% man u and the reamining 30 chelsea and city, laliga is 60 barca, 40 madrid, seria a is 60 juventus and the rest but in german is 4 diifent teams in 5 years, the most unpridictable league in europe
if these percentages are for this season, then is safe to say that bundesliga is 90% Bayern. 9 points ahead of Leverkusen. However, your point still stands...on average and over the yrs, bundesliga is the most competitive league.
dayokanu:

Heyckenes is old almost 70 yrs. He left on his own will
[quote author=Metallurgist]ok, thanks.
Re: Pep Guardiola Confirmed As Bayern Munich Manager by Afam4eva(m): 6:33pm On Jan 16, 2013
webcityng: WHY GO TO EASY LEAGUE AGAIN? angry angry angry
How the German league easy?
Re: Pep Guardiola Confirmed As Bayern Munich Manager by Afam4eva(m): 6:34pm On Jan 16, 2013
vanstanzy: NO!!!!!! shocked shocked shocked What about arsenal?
Arsenal is too small a club for him. He wants to coach a team just like his former team.
Re: Pep Guardiola Confirmed As Bayern Munich Manager by emmke(m): 6:35pm On Jan 16, 2013
bodejohn:

Sir Alex should hear this!
yes! We've had enough of Fergie and his rants. He should retire.
Re: Pep Guardiola Confirmed As Bayern Munich Manager by dayokanu(m): 6:38pm On Jan 16, 2013
emmke: if these percentages are for this season, then is safe to say that bundesliga is 90% Bayern. 9 points ahead of Leverkusen. However, your point still stands...on average and over the yrs, bundesliga is the most competitive league.

Man Utd is how many points ahead of City?

Barcelona is how many points ahead of Athletico?

Fact is Bundesliga is the most competitive league
Re: Pep Guardiola Confirmed As Bayern Munich Manager by NobiGod: 6:38pm On Jan 16, 2013
dayokanu:

Metallurgist.

Thanks for the wishes

MIASANMIA Bayern uber allez

Pep wasnt blind he chose quality over rubbish kick and follow

But he doesn't speak German, no?
Re: Pep Guardiola Confirmed As Bayern Munich Manager by dayokanu(m): 6:43pm On Jan 16, 2013
NobiGod:

But he doesn't speak German, no?

He has till July to learn German
Re: Pep Guardiola Confirmed As Bayern Munich Manager by neyostica: 6:43pm On Jan 16, 2013
dayokanu:

Most posters here are ignorant.

Since 2000 Stutgart, bremen, Wolfsburg Dortmund and bayern have won the Bundesliga

Let them mention those who have won other top leagues in the same time frame

In the time frame, Arsenal, Man utd, Man city and Chelsea have won the premierleague
Re: Pep Guardiola Confirmed As Bayern Munich Manager by emmke(m): 6:43pm On Jan 16, 2013
Actually man utd is just 7 points ahead of city, Barca 11 ahead of Athletic and Bayern 9 ahead of Lever. My point is we can't just use this season to determine which league is most competitive as it will erroneously appear to be EPL. However, when we look at the stats over the last decades, bundesliga is the most competitive. I'm not disputing that.
dayokanu:

Re: Pep Guardiola Confirmed As Bayern Munich Manager by Osian(m): 6:45pm On Jan 16, 2013
Taito007: BREAKING NEWS
Bayern Munich have confirmed that former Barcelona manager Pep Guardiola will take over as their manager at the end of the season.
The 41-year-old has signed a three-year contract to June 2016.. Source http://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/0/football/21048679

Good! He can now prove himself.
Re: Pep Guardiola Confirmed As Bayern Munich Manager by dayokanu(m): 6:45pm On Jan 16, 2013
neyostica:

In the time frame, Arsenal, Man utd, Man city and Chelsea have won the premierleague

Bundesliga 5 winners EPl 4 winners which is more competitive
Re: Pep Guardiola Confirmed As Bayern Munich Manager by Afam4eva(m): 6:48pm On Jan 16, 2013
emmke: Actually man utd is just 7 points ahead of city, Barca 11 ahead of Athletic and Bayern 9 ahead of Lever. My point is we can't just use this season to determine which league is most competitive as it will erroneously appear to be EPL. However, when we look at the stats over the last decades, bundesliga is the most competitive. I'm not disputing that.
Whenever the argument about which league is the best or most competitive, the argument that the english supporters use is that, in the La Lagi, it's either Barca and Madrid while in the Premiership, it's a fight to finish. They forget that the Bundesliga is probably one of the few leagues in europe where the winner probably changes every year. Even in the Nigeria, the winner changes every year. Does it also mean that the Nigerian league is more compeitive than those european leagues? Probably.
Re: Pep Guardiola Confirmed As Bayern Munich Manager by Osian(m): 6:49pm On Jan 16, 2013
akintun]D best coaches in history have coached at Bayern, and Guardiola is following d footstep of coaches dat have achieved great success at a young age, and have gone on to coach Bayern.[/quote]

Time will tell if he's among the best coaches.
Re: Pep Guardiola Confirmed As Bayern Munich Manager by Nobody: 6:49pm On Jan 16, 2013
CFCfan: The perfect sub-plot to this story would be Bayern Munich being placed in d same group with Barca in next season's UCL. His return to the Camp Nou would be a memorable event in itself.

By the way, this appointment means that Borussia Dortmund would be fighting for 2nd place in d Bundesliga.

Barca and Bayern can't end up in the same group as they are usually seeded teams.

Secondly, you really under-estimate Dortmund.
Re: Pep Guardiola Confirmed As Bayern Munich Manager by Qualcoms(m): 6:52pm On Jan 16, 2013
dayokanu:

Guy u dn't knw ur analysis damn wrng... Neva say it outside, i bet it, u wil hear wen! Do u want to compare d strength of bundesliga to seria à, mtchew... Infact... I no get much tym... Premier league is d most competitive ok? Dos table points u r lukin at, dou it's a criteria o... But sometimz it is seasonal, nt regular at al... Aw many german team dey enta champions league semis... Funny... Weak old league!
Re: Pep Guardiola Confirmed As Bayern Munich Manager by Afam4eva(m): 6:53pm On Jan 16, 2013
Qualcoms: Guy u dn't knw ur analysis damn wrng... Neva say it outside, i bet it, u wil hear wen! Do u want to compare d strength of bundesliga to seria à, mtchew... Infact... I no get much tym... Premier league is d most competitive ok? Dos table points u r lukin at, dou it's a criteria o... But sometimz it is seasonal, nt regular at al... Aw many german team dey enta champions league semis... Funny... Weak old league!
If you think the English premiership is the most compeitive then state your reasons for thinking so.
Re: Pep Guardiola Confirmed As Bayern Munich Manager by dayokanu(m): 6:59pm On Jan 16, 2013
Qualcoms: Guy u dn't knw ur analysis damn wrng... Neva say it outside, i bet it, u wil hear wen! Do u want to compare d strength of bundesliga to seria à, mtchew... Infact... I no get much tym... Premier league is d most competitive ok? Dos table points u r lukin at, dou it's a criteria o... But sometimz it is seasonal, nt regular at al... Aw many german team dey enta champions league semis... Funny... Weak old league!

In this years Champions league Borrousia Dortmund whooped EPL champions Man City and eliminated them

Schalke 04 that hasnt tasted Bundesliga in 50yrs whooped Arsenal at Emirates

I would advise you to learn more about European football before embarrassing yourself outside

1 Like

Re: Pep Guardiola Confirmed As Bayern Munich Manager by Nobody: 7:01pm On Jan 16, 2013
German football has a lot of things going for it these days and Guardiola coming to Bayern can only raise the profile of the bundesliga further;

1. A large pool of young talent coming through.

2. Best attendance in Europe.

3. TV deal only second to England.

4. Technically proficient style of football that cuts across the league.

5. Very competitive league which has produced multiple winners in the last 7 years or so.
Re: Pep Guardiola Confirmed As Bayern Munich Manager by christian2013: 7:03pm On Jan 16, 2013
wesley80: I see this as a loss to football. Bayern ke? I know in reality the German league is pretty good but who dey watch am? Pep wouldav been better in the Prem league IMO

is that what you think? well for your information the german leagues has more supporters in termsbof stadium capacity abs attendabce than anyother league in the world .... so that answers ur questuon who dey watch am?
Re: Pep Guardiola Confirmed As Bayern Munich Manager by Afam4eva(m): 7:04pm On Jan 16, 2013
TouchDown: German football has a lot of things going for it these days and Guardiola coming to Bayern can only raise the profile of the bundesliga further;

1. A large pool of young talent coming through.

2. Best attendance in Europe.

3. TV deal only second to England.

4. Technically proficient style of football that cuts across the league.

5. Very competitive league which has produced multiple winners in the last 7 years or so.
I also love their stadiums and their very colorful fans and spectators.
Re: Pep Guardiola Confirmed As Bayern Munich Manager by Nobody: 7:09pm On Jan 16, 2013
Some say you are overrated

Some say you cannot assemble a team

Some say you have been a lucky manager

Some say you are arrogant

Some say you are just an average Joe

Some say you are the best

It's time to prove your mettle

We all wait you . . .

1 Like

Re: Pep Guardiola Confirmed As Bayern Munich Manager by logica(m): 7:10pm On Jan 16, 2013
I don't even understand where all these EPL lovers suddenly sprung from. From my early days in watching football, I would not be caught dead in front of a T.V with a match from England playing. Granted it has greatly improved over the years. In Europe, after Spanish League, the German League was always the most entertaining (speaking of skill). For a brief period, Italian League's profile was pushed up by the likes of Maradona, Ruud Gullit, Marco van Basten but it's gone back to its dull self.
Re: Pep Guardiola Confirmed As Bayern Munich Manager by Qualcoms(m): 7:11pm On Jan 16, 2013
For the house, for Pep to embrace Bayern is neva a surprise to me... I dn't bliv in wat pep can do if he was to build a club... He is always lukin 4 an adaptable place where he wil apply dos tactics n wil chop d oda clubs off brainwashing d league dat he's d best coach eva? Na big lie... He knw Premier League wil neva b a place to laf at al... N knw very soon mourinho wil join... But he said he wil be managing at Epl? Big Lie... He luks 4 an managable club where he wil just few players to d club n win trophies... Abi out of d many players he bought at Barca, aw many of dem r playing distinguished n fantastic futbal... Abi na hin sign messi? No wanda he signed 3yrs... Luking 4 a place to win league n run comot. He fears premier league... Nobody wan enta lion's den.
Re: Pep Guardiola Confirmed As Bayern Munich Manager by Qualcoms(m): 7:14pm On Jan 16, 2013
For the house, for Pep to embrace Bayern is neva a surprise to me... I dn't bliv in wat pep can do if he was to build a club... He is always lukin 4 an adaptable place where he wil apply dos tactics n wil chop d oda clubs off brainwashing d league dat he's d best coach eva? Na big lie... He knw Premier League wil neva b a place to laf at al... N knw very soon mourinho wil join... But he said he wil be managing at Epl? Big Lie... He luks 4 an managable club where he wil just buy few players to d club n win trophies... Abi out of d many players he bought at Barca, aw many of dem r playing distinguished n fantastic futbal... Abi na hin sign messi? No wanda he signed 3yrs... Luking 4 a place to win league n run comot. He fears premier league... Nobody wan enta lion's den.
Re: Pep Guardiola Confirmed As Bayern Munich Manager by dmitroika(m): 7:31pm On Jan 16, 2013
Qualcoms: For the house, for Pep to embrace Bayern is neva a surprise to me... I dn't bliv in wat pep can do if he was to build a club... He is always lukin 4 an adaptable place where he wil apply dos tactics n wil chop d oda clubs off brainwashing d league dat he's d best coach eva? Na big lie... He knw Premier League wil neva b a place to laf at al... N knw very soon mourinho wil join... But he said he wil be managing at Epl? Big Lie... He luks 4 an managable club where he wil just buy few players to d club n win trophies... Abi out of d many players he bought at Barca, aw many of dem r playing distinguished n fantastic futbal... Abi na hin sign messi? No wanda he signed 3yrs... Luking 4 a place to win league n run comot. He fears premier league... Nobody wan enta lion's den.

you care to know what your talk amounts to? rubbish!

1 Like

Re: Pep Guardiola Confirmed As Bayern Munich Manager by ogaemma: 7:32pm On Jan 16, 2013
wesley80: I see this as a loss to football. Bayern ke? I know in reality the German league is pretty good but who dey watch am? Pep wouldav been better in the Prem league IMO

For your information the German league is the most watched league in Europe.
Re: Pep Guardiola Confirmed As Bayern Munich Manager by senbonzakurakageyoshi(m): 7:45pm On Jan 16, 2013
you EPL fanboys are pathetic sha. when the guy was winning trophies @ Barcelona, you guys were screaming that he is a Spanish local champion (lyk y'all are talking about Messi). Now he has moved abroad, to Bayern, and y'all are saying he is going to a cheap league. FYI, as far as potential goes, the Bundesliga's is waay brighter than the EPL's. besides, in the Champions league, the Bundesliga clubs played have played better football so far this season than the EPL clubs.

Wat did you want him to do, move to Chelsea with their trigger happy club owner? Or wait for Fergusson (who looks like he wants to die on Man U's bench) to retire? Or wait till Arsene Wenger gets tired and leaves Arsenal? Abegi, bad belle peeps, stomach go continue to dey turn una!

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (Reply)

Aston Villa Vs Arsenal (1 - 0) On 6th February 2021 / Arsenal Vs Newcastle (4 - 1) On 24th February 2024 / FG Bans DSTV From Airing English Premiership

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 79
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.