Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,669 members, 7,816,750 topics. Date: Friday, 03 May 2024 at 04:21 PM

Pep Guardiola Confirmed As Bayern Munich Manager - European Football (EPL, UEFA, La Liga) (6) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Sports / European Football (EPL, UEFA, La Liga) / Pep Guardiola Confirmed As Bayern Munich Manager (16460 Views)

Arsenal Vs Bayern Munich : UCL (2 - 0) On 20th October 2015 / Tito Vilanova Replaces Pep Guardiola As Barcelona Coach / Jürgen Klinsmann To Step In As Bayern Munich Coach (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Pep Guardiola Confirmed As Bayern Munich Manager by Eziachi: 10:23pm On Jan 17, 2013
logica: I don't even understand where all these EPL lovers suddenly sprung from. From my early days in watching football, I would not be caught dead in front of a T.V with a match from England playing. Granted it has greatly improved over the years. In Europe, after Spanish League, the German League was always the most entertaining (speaking of skill). For a brief period, Italian League's profile was pushed up by the likes of Maradona, Ruud Gullit, Marco van Basten but it's gone back to its dull self.
Its the early 2000 bandwagon satellite TV football fans. They shout the loudest. In the 80s the only league watch in most African countries and most parts of the world are the Spanish and German leagues and late 80s and early 90s comes the Italian league. In those days, if you ever see English league on TV its always something to do with pool results. And this is coming from a Spurs season ticket holder for more than 30 years.

In francophone countries, they watch mostly the French league. Most young people may not believe it that the French league was more popular and entertaining than the EPL in 80s and early 90s, thanks to clubs like Maisseile, Auxerre and PSG doing very well.

In the 80/most 90s I use to miss Spurs games just to sit at home to watch Italian league on Channel 4 every Sunday afternoon. You will go to church, you can hardly wait for them to say, Amen, before you you jumped into the car, rushing home watch it because it starts at 12pm with Jambo (James Richardson).

Until Man Utd's lucky champions league win in 1999 and Wenger arrival at Arsenal in 1996, plus the marketing impact of BSKYB, the EPL was a sh*t league that attracts only retiring or flopped players from Italy, Germany and Spain, just like the Chinese are doing today.
But young satellite TV fan of today don't even know that.
Re: Pep Guardiola Confirmed As Bayern Munich Manager by nitlad: 10:31pm On Jan 17, 2013
lol at y'all going bonkers on the simplest of tasks! cheesy

Define home grown and put these players in the bracket and let's see how perfectly they fit in!

So far the club claiming to have 'grown you at home' (pardon my diction tongue) isn't where you started out to be a footballer, you are not home grown!
I don't care if the club struck the deal to sign you up with Iya Agbebi or you were older than Pope Benedict XVI before you came on board.

Your history on a particular endeavour (in this case football) must be %100 rooted to a particular place for you to be homegrown in relation to such a place.

Anything otherwise, you simply rose through the ranks!
Re: Pep Guardiola Confirmed As Bayern Munich Manager by nitlad: 11:03pm On Jan 17, 2013
Alaba_Slim:

Have u asked ursef what will be the FUTURE of chelsea,psg,citi,etc when their owners die?
You must be equating the workings of these football clubs to the workings of a bread bakery for you to think the club dies with the owner à la bakery when Alhaji dies!

Malaga is a clear example to the doomsday prophets. They are still flying high even after the 'death' of their benefator!
Re: Pep Guardiola Confirmed As Bayern Munich Manager by dayokanu(m): 11:07pm On Jan 17, 2013
nitlad: lol at y'all going bonkers on the simplest of tasks! cheesy

Define home grown and put these players in the bracket and let's see how perfectly they fit in!

So far the club claiming to have 'grown you at home' (pardon my diction tongue) isn't where you started out to be a footballer, you are not home grown!
I don't care if the club struck the deal to sign you up with Iya Agbebi or you were older than Pope Benedict XVI before you came on board.

Your history on a particular endeavour (in this case football) must be %100 rooted to a particular place for you to be homegrown in relation to such a place.

So tell us how many clubs in Europe that have more than 6 players in their first 11 who rose through the ranks
Re: Pep Guardiola Confirmed As Bayern Munich Manager by dayokanu(m): 11:08pm On Jan 17, 2013
nitlad:
You must be equating the workings of these football clubs to the workings of a bread bakery for you to think the club dies with the owner à la bakery when Alhaji dies!

Malaga is a clear example to the doomsday prophets. They are still flying high even after the 'death' of their benefator!

Obviously na football newbie you be

Wetin happen to Lazio after Sergio Cragnottis and Cirio foods?

Wetin happen to Portsmouth after they took the money away
Re: Pep Guardiola Confirmed As Bayern Munich Manager by dayokanu(m): 11:10pm On Jan 17, 2013
Eziachi:
Its the early 2000 bandwagon satellite TV football fans. They shout the loudest. In the 80s the only league watch in most African countries and most part of the world is Spanish and German league and late 80s and early 90s come the Italian league. In those day, if you ever see English league on TV its something to do with pool results. And this is coming from a spurs season ticket holder for more than 30 years.

In francophone countries, they watch mostly the French league. Most young people may not believe it that the French league was more popular and entertaining than the EPL in 80s and early 90s with Maisseile, Auxerre and PSG doing very well.

In the 80/most 90s I use to miss Spurs game just to sit at home to watch Italian league on Channel 4 every afternoon. You go to church, you can hardly wait for them to say, Amen, an you jump into the car to watch it because it starts at 12pm.

Until Man Utd's lucky champions league win in 1999 and Wenger arrival in 1996, plus the marketing impact of BSKYB, the EPL was a sh*t league that attracts only retiring or flopped players from Italy, Germany and Spain, just like the Chinese are doing today. But young satellite TV fan of today don't even know that.

Well said.

Anyone who was following football in the late 80's and 90s would know that it was Serie A, Spain and Germany that ruled

Even French league had more rep than the EPL
Re: Pep Guardiola Confirmed As Bayern Munich Manager by kokoA(m): 11:17pm On Jan 17, 2013
Good move for Pep. He has chosen a club he is comfortable with. I don't think he has anything to prove to anybody,his achievements alone can speak for him, he never said he was the best,it's mourinho who goes about calling himself "the special one" he never said he is competing with mourinho, it's mourinho who tries to make everything look like a competition, he just loves the game and is going about his career the way he feels its best.The one year sabatical he took from the game was a wonderful discision, maybe if mourinho had done same, he wouldn't have been suffering the disgrace he is facing now..lol.. 19points behind Barca!lol.. Mourinho has never succeded in puting in place a right successor for himself in all the clubs he has coached, porto, chelsea, inter all went down when he left them,that shows how selfish he is. Pep built his assistant to become a great coach, the reult is what you can see in Barca now. For those making useless noise here about epl, pep is just 41 and has so many years ahead of him to coah in all the top leagues of the world, so what's your problem with him?

1 Like

Re: Pep Guardiola Confirmed As Bayern Munich Manager by nitlad: 11:27pm On Jan 17, 2013
dayokanu:

So tell us how many clubs in Europe that have more than 6 players in their first 11 who rose through the ranks
Oshey cheesy
There are a lot of them!
dayokanu:

Obviously na football newbie you be

Wetin happen to Lazio after Sergio Cragnottis and Cirio foods?

Wetin happen to Portsmouth after they took the money away
It's easy for you to find all the horrible examples to butress your point. You still haven't tackled my Malaga example too. They are flying high when they should be in turmoil as you lot would have us believe cheesy

Lazio didn't 'die' after Cragnotti's palava, and Portsmouth is a clear case of gross mismanagement!
Re: Pep Guardiola Confirmed As Bayern Munich Manager by A40(m): 11:31pm On Jan 17, 2013
nitlad: lol at y'all going bonkers on the simplest of tasks! cheesy

Our definition obeys the UEFA definition so you can form your own UEFA and decide what homegrown means therein
Re: Pep Guardiola Confirmed As Bayern Munich Manager by dayokanu(m): 11:34pm On Jan 17, 2013
nitlad:
Oshey cheesy
There are a lot of them!

Aside barca mention 4 teams that have more than 6 starters who rose through the youth team ranks

It's easy for you to find all the horrible examples to butress your point. You still haven't tackled my Malaga example too. They are flying high when they should be in turmoil as you lot would have us believe cheesy

Lazio didn't 'die' after Cragnotti's palava, and Portsmouth is a clear case of gross mismanagement!

Malagas loss is just last year and there is already news that they might be banned by UEFA for defaulting on Salaries

Malaga given European ban for unpaid bills

Malaga have been banned from European competition for at least one season because of unpaid bills.

The suspension will not affect the Spanish club this campaign, as they aim for the Champions League last eight, but any time in the next four seasons should they again qualify for Europe.
http://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/0/football/20816763
Re: Pep Guardiola Confirmed As Bayern Munich Manager by nitlad: 11:37pm On Jan 17, 2013
A-40:

Our definition obeys the UEFA definition so you can form your own UEFA and decide what homegrown means therein
UEFA is not renowned to be an authority in the field of language/linguistics/vocabulary/grammar. So fûck UEFA and their horrible definitions!
Re: Pep Guardiola Confirmed As Bayern Munich Manager by A40(m): 11:43pm On Jan 17, 2013
nitlad:
UEFA is not renowned to be an authority in the field of language/linguistics/vocabulary/grammar. So fûck UEFA and their horrible definitions!
This is professional sports! There has to be a standard grammatically correct or not. No player is born at a club so there has to be a baseline where homegrown can be measured from
Re: Pep Guardiola Confirmed As Bayern Munich Manager by dayokanu(m): 11:47pm On Jan 17, 2013
nitlad:

A sport has rules and UEFA is the governing body

Moreover no club has a maternity clinic where they give birth to players

If you grow through the youth team of a club then you are home grown

I am waiting for you to show me 4 clubs that have more than 6 youth team players in their first team
Re: Pep Guardiola Confirmed As Bayern Munich Manager by logica(m): 11:51pm On Jan 17, 2013
dayokanu:
I am waiting for you to show me 4 clubs that have more than 6 youth team players in their first team
You are on a long thing. You better go for a walk and come back to sleep.
Re: Pep Guardiola Confirmed As Bayern Munich Manager by nitlad: 12:50am On Jan 18, 2013
Kilo n shey yin nah? undecided

Numerous teams easily beat this your benchmark of six!

Ajax, Borussia Dortmund, Al Ahly, Santos, and a host of others have numerous first teamers who are either %100 homegrown, or rose through the ranks! undecided undecided
Re: Pep Guardiola Confirmed As Bayern Munich Manager by dayokanu(m): 12:59am On Jan 18, 2013
nitlad: Kilo n shey yin nah? undecided

Numerous teams easily beat this your benchmark of six!

Ajax, Borussia Dortmund, Al Ahly, Santos, and a host of others have numerous first teamers who are either %100 homegrown, or rose through the ranks! undecided undecided

Only Al Ahly why not Babanawa FC?

We are discussing European football here at least you see the name of the section .

None of Ajax nor Dortmund are currently in top 20 in Europe. Find below the top 20.

Now once again tell us how many TOP European teams have more than 6 youth team players in their first 11

1 FC Barcelona
2 Manchester United
3 Chelsea
4 Bayern München
5 Real Madrid
6 Arsenal
7 Internazionale
8 Atlético Madrid
9 FC Porto
10 Olympique Lyon
11 Liverpool
12 AC Milan
13 Valencia
14 Benfica
15 Olympique Marseille
16 Shakhtar Donetsk
17 Sporting CP Lisbon
18 CSKA Moscow
19 Villarreal
20 Zenit St. Petersburg
Re: Pep Guardiola Confirmed As Bayern Munich Manager by dayokanu(m): 1:05am On Jan 18, 2013
I know about Bundesliga very well

Dortmund first team is

Weidenfeller, Pizzceck, Hummels, Subotic, Schmelzer, Bender/kehl, Gundogan, Gotze, Reus, Kuba/Grosskreutz, Lewadoski

In that line up only Schmelzer and Gotze are from the youth team maybe Grosskreutz
Re: Pep Guardiola Confirmed As Bayern Munich Manager by nitlad: 1:34am On Jan 18, 2013
So we are now talking about the calibre of teams abi
I thought I was supposed to produce TEAMS with a number of club bred first teamers? undecided

With all your braggado about the number of 'home grown talent' in the team you support, I'm ready to bet with my left nut that 'home grown talent' was never part of the indices used to arrive at the list you have up there.

You still haven't answered if Lazio 'died' as a result of Cragnotti's palava, or was Portsmouth's financial crises caused cos "they took the money away" or gross mismanagement?
Re: Pep Guardiola Confirmed As Bayern Munich Manager by dayokanu(m): 1:46am On Jan 18, 2013
Anyone who knows about European football would know Lazio reached their peak under Cragnotti winning Winners cup, Super cup and Serie A between 1998 and 2001

Assembying one of the strogest side in European football.

Since then how many times have they qualified for the Champions league or even finished top 3?

Everyone here knows this section is about European football so whats the point in including Ahly, Santos, Calabar Rovers etc.
Re: Pep Guardiola Confirmed As Bayern Munich Manager by nitlad: 2:10am On Jan 18, 2013
dayokanu: Anyone who knows about European football would know Lazio reached their peak under Cragnotti winning Winners cup, Super cup and Serie A between 1998 and 2001

Assembying one of the strogest side in European football.

Since then how many times have they qualified for the Champions league or even finished top 3?

Everyone here knows this section is about European football so whats the point in including Ahly, Santos, Calabar Rovers etc.
So had Cragnotti not self imploded, Lazio would still hold sway over Italian and European football eh

Liverpool's demise from the top of English football must have been caused by financial meltdown then, Hillsborough-Gate perhaps? undecided undecided

Lyon's inability to recapture the Ligue 1 since their stangle-hold was broken boils down to their Arabian sugar daddy bolting!

Aye o lo titi Oga.... Nobody go reign forever!

Benfica's inability to cut it among the Elite in Europe as they once did definitely has nada to do with their finances!

Even the insane duopoly in Scotland has been broken up not to be seen for at least another 5 years!

Everyone here knows that your question to me was to provide teams with homegrown first teamers. If I so wish I can list Prime FC of Osogbo or even Ijesa Warriors tongue tongue Besides I got here through the front page. undecided undecided
Re: Pep Guardiola Confirmed As Bayern Munich Manager by nitlad: 7:17am On Jan 19, 2013
undecided undecided undecided

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (Reply)

Aston Villa Vs Arsenal (1 - 0) On 6th February 2021 / Arsenal Vs Newcastle (4 - 1) On 24th February 2024 / FG Bans DSTV From Airing English Premiership

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 52
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.