Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,747 members, 7,820,581 topics. Date: Tuesday, 07 May 2024 at 05:31 PM

It's Either Me Or No Marriage - Romance - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Romance / It's Either Me Or No Marriage (1814 Views)

No Car, No Marriage Syndrome! / Ten Years Of Relationship But No Marriage (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (Reply) (Go Down)

It's Either Me Or No Marriage by korel9: 5:29pm On Jan 16, 2013
Dear NL, I have a girl that we've been dating for a year plus now. There's a wide age gap between us which is affecting our decisions and plans for marriage. The love is there but she's not set for marriage now and I don't want to wait any longer. I told her of my plans to get another girl so I can get married and she swore it will never happen as long as she lives.

Please help me out as in what do I do?

Only constructive answers please.
Re: It's Either Me Or No Marriage by Input(m): 5:32pm On Jan 16, 2013
This post has been exposed
Re: It's Either Me Or No Marriage by Nobody: 5:32pm On Jan 16, 2013
ask her wat she want and hw she wants it done?
Re: It's Either Me Or No Marriage by masterpiecer(m): 5:36pm On Jan 16, 2013
answer these two question before i say anything:

1-What number of years is the gab between you both?

2-How old is she?
Re: It's Either Me Or No Marriage by korel9: 5:40pm On Jan 16, 2013
masterpiecer: answer these two question before i say anything:

1-What number of years is the gab between you both?

2-How old is she?

15 years

Will be 18 this year
Re: It's Either Me Or No Marriage by korel9: 5:42pm On Jan 16, 2013
egbe4real: ask her wat she want and hw she wants it done?

she wants nothing else but me and that I must wait for her to obtain marriageable age.
Re: It's Either Me Or No Marriage by korel9: 5:43pm On Jan 16, 2013
Input: This post has been exposed

I don't get you please...
Re: It's Either Me Or No Marriage by SAFO(m): 5:51pm On Jan 16, 2013
If you love her like you say you do then wait. Although I can't possibly see what a 33 year old man would have in common with an 18 yr old

To each his own though.

1 Like

Re: It's Either Me Or No Marriage by korel9: 5:56pm On Jan 16, 2013
SAFO: If you love her like you say you do then wait. Although I can't possibly see what a 33 year old man would have in common with an 18 yr old

To each his own though.

What's impossible or crazy in love?
Re: It's Either Me Or No Marriage by Idowuogbo(f): 5:58pm On Jan 16, 2013
wots d age difference? lets do d maths first, but... babe wey dey send threats like dat fit b ogbanje o! watch out for part 2!

1 Like

Re: It's Either Me Or No Marriage by SAFO(m): 6:02pm On Jan 16, 2013
korel9:

What's impossible or crazy in love?

That's possible but the girl in question is still young and she has yet to live her life. Forcing her into marriage now could severely stunt her growth.
Re: It's Either Me Or No Marriage by masterpiecer(m): 6:16pm On Jan 16, 2013
korel9:

15 years

Will be 18 this year

ok, apparently, you are 33/34 and she is 17.
First fact is that she is still a very young woman, probably in the early stage of her tertiary education or late stage of her secondary education.
You both are at various stages of your lives where your priorities are far apart; your priority right now is to settle down and get married, while hers may be concentrating on her education and getting a degree, this does not mean that you both do not love each other, but priorities are very strong driving force in acheiving whatever you set your mind to acheive, since you say she will be turning 18 this year, then she is almost an adult already, seat her down let her see and feel the reality of your(both of u) predicaments,

are you ready to see her through school as your wife?(that is if that is her utmost priority 4 now), is she ready to be married while she is still schooling?, do you think her parent would allow you marry her at her age?(very important), if it be the case that she wants you to give her some more time and wait for her, are ready to wait considering your age?..., if all these questions can be asked and answered positively then you may be able to acheive something good, but if its not, then-
break up now so you both don't end up wasting your time and hurting yourselves. In life, reality is very important to face.

5 Likes

Re: It's Either Me Or No Marriage by sweetrace(f): 6:31pm On Jan 16, 2013
Crazy love my foot. Pedophile!!!

1 Like

Re: It's Either Me Or No Marriage by stpat1(m): 6:33pm On Jan 16, 2013
korel9:

15 years

Will be 18 this year

Haba bros. Save yourself Headache and heartache. Forget her
Re: It's Either Me Or No Marriage by Nobody: 7:14pm On Jan 16, 2013
What you need is seminary school admission form...goodluck
Re: It's Either Me Or No Marriage by KINGwax(m): 8:18pm On Jan 16, 2013
Input: This post has been exposed
hehehehe grin
Re: It's Either Me Or No Marriage by Nobody: 11:28pm On Jan 16, 2013
Age difference of more than ten isn't really visible. You'd be on a different world.
Re: It's Either Me Or No Marriage by Mynd44: 11:45pm On Jan 16, 2013
Wait, you are 32 and dating a 17 year old girl? This is why I recomemnd the 2nd amendments for fathers with daughters.

Craddle robber

1 Like

Re: It's Either Me Or No Marriage by DukeNija(m): 12:58am On Jan 17, 2013
Op you are Sick!
Dating an 18yr old @ 33?

Get help man.
Re: It's Either Me Or No Marriage by KateSpade(f): 1:00am On Jan 17, 2013
U are rude first of all for even saying to a woman u claim to love that you plan on getting another woman to marry if she doesnt agree. nobody likes ultimatums.
Re: It's Either Me Or No Marriage by Nobody: 2:46am On Jan 17, 2013
KateSpade: U are rude first of all for even saying to a woman u claim to love that you plan on getting another woman to marry if she doesnt agree. nobody likes ultimatums.
^in line with this,i think u dont love her enough,otherwise you wont be thinking of picking another. You probably want her cos she is still innocent and young. Those things dont keep marriage.
Re: It's Either Me Or No Marriage by True2myself24(f): 3:48am On Jan 17, 2013
korel9:

15 years

Will be 18 this year

Umm
Re: It's Either Me Or No Marriage by automaticcars: 4:08am On Jan 17, 2013
korel9: Dear NL, I have a girl that we've been dating for a year plus now. There's a wide age gap between us which is affecting our decisions and plans for marriage. The love is there but she's not set for marriage now and I don't want to wait any longer. I told her of my plans to get another girl so I can get married and she swore it will never happen as long as she lives.

Please help me out as in what do I do?

Only constructive answers please.

Move to Maiduguri and leave her in Lagos. I promise, she won't follow you there.

2 Likes

Re: It's Either Me Or No Marriage by Abbey2sam(m): 6:54am On Jan 17, 2013
korel9:

I don't get you please...

He's just been sarcastic

Na hausa babe? If not she too young na.

You wickedt o....you badt gon

That girl need to enjoy har youthful age man, don't rush into any marriage
Re: It's Either Me Or No Marriage by Nobody: 7:07am On Jan 17, 2013
And u say women are the ones obssessed wit getting married
Re: It's Either Me Or No Marriage by masterpiecer(m): 8:16am On Jan 17, 2013
mondi_cheeks: And u say women are the ones obssessed wit getting married

the guy na 33 yrs old, at his age, wanting to get married isn't an obsession
Re: It's Either Me Or No Marriage by Nobody: 8:48am On Jan 17, 2013
masterpiecer:

the guy na 33 yrs old, at his age, wanting to get married isn't an obsession
ok let me re-phrase, and u say women are the only ones desperate to get married nowadays
Re: It's Either Me Or No Marriage by Dopefiend(m): 8:49am On Jan 17, 2013
mondi_cheeks: And u say women are the ones obssessed wit getting married

Lol ur post don't make sense. He 30+ wats d obsession dere? He feels its time to settle down and is aiming towards achieving dat goal. But OP sef, wat prompted u to date an underage girl? You mistook her body growth for maturity of a potential bride? And what's wit the chalant threat of getting another girl, further confusing the kid ey? Do you want her to make a decision she's not fit to follow thru? If u truly love her, wait for her, let her live her life and whn she's ripe enuf u'll do the deed. Except ofcus uve been taking her for a ride which is jst plain sick
Re: It's Either Me Or No Marriage by Nobody: 8:55am On Jan 17, 2013
korel9:

15 years

Will be 18 this year

Herein lies the problem undecided
Re: It's Either Me Or No Marriage by Nobody: 8:58am On Jan 17, 2013
Dopefiend:

Lol ur post don't make sense. He 30+ wats d obsession dere? He feels its time to settle down and is aiming towards achieving dat goal.
I corrected myself, he is desperate
Re: It's Either Me Or No Marriage by Dopefiend(m): 9:18am On Jan 17, 2013
mondi_cheeks: I corrected myself, he is desperate

I won't say he's desperate. I'd rather say he's in a haste to settle down.
Re: It's Either Me Or No Marriage by Nobody: 9:21am On Jan 17, 2013
Dopefiend:

I won't say he's desperate. I'd rather say he's in a haste to settle down.
still the same damn thing to me...he is desperate...he is desperate grin

(1) (2) (Reply)

4 Signs That You Are A Sex Addict / Phone Ethics Of A Woman In Love / Is This Birthday Gift Enough To Quit A Relationship?

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 38
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.