Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,154,641 members, 7,823,820 topics. Date: Friday, 10 May 2024 at 04:01 PM

My Boyfriend Says He'll Breakup With Me If I Lose Weight And I'm Overweight - Romance - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Romance / My Boyfriend Says He'll Breakup With Me If I Lose Weight And I'm Overweight (1763 Views)

What If Your Boyfriend Says This To You, What Would You Do? / My boyfriend Says He Has "PLAN B" Is he cheating? / He Says He'll Never Marry You, Now What? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

My Boyfriend Says He'll Breakup With Me If I Lose Weight And I'm Overweight by ifuennada(f): 10:20am On Aug 17, 2014
A girl sent me an email asking for help on the above topic. She stated that she wants to lose weight because she's overweight and currently weighs 100kg at just age 22. She took this decision to lose weight after reading some articles on my fitness blog. The issue however is that her boyfriend won't hear it. He threatened to breakup with her if she loses even 1kg. His reason being that he enjoys having sex with her because she's fat and he's attracted to fat women.
He's not even bothered that being overweight is unhealthy. According to her he's in his 30s but isn't even talking settling down. When they got into an argument about her decision to lose weight, he threatened to break up with her and go back to his ex. Please what would u advise in this situation. I've since replied her email, but I'll like your comments and thoughts on this.
Thanks.

iamifuennada..com
Re: My Boyfriend Says He'll Breakup With Me If I Lose Weight And I'm Overweight by pickabeau1: 10:58am On Aug 17, 2014
What was your response

3 Likes

Re: My Boyfriend Says He'll Breakup With Me If I Lose Weight And I'm Overweight by Blakjewelry(m): 11:01am On Aug 17, 2014
Do whatever make you beautiful or make you feel beautiful. if he dumps you, there alots of nice guys out there who will want you.
Re: My Boyfriend Says He'll Breakup With Me If I Lose Weight And I'm Overweight by Andyblaze: 11:12am On Aug 17, 2014
Boomba thread
Re: My Boyfriend Says He'll Breakup With Me If I Lose Weight And I'm Overweight by Nobody: 12:00pm On Aug 17, 2014
Either way shes losing the bf. If she don't control her weight & dies from obessity then the bf can still go back to his ex. The bf is abusive if not a terrorist.

2 Likes

Re: My Boyfriend Says He'll Breakup With Me If I Lose Weight And I'm Overweight by flipflop(f): 12:23pm On Aug 17, 2014
There are two ways to look at this issue, either he is really attracted to the plus-size ladies or he is insecure and threatened by her decision to lose weight. My advice to the lady is thus: lose weight, it will do a lot for your body and ur self esteem! What if he leaves you next year for some flimsy reasons, so where does that leave you?. undecided(a year gone by in which you could have lost 10kg already)
Re: My Boyfriend Says He'll Breakup With Me If I Lose Weight And I'm Overweight by Baddestguyp(m): 3:31pm On Aug 17, 2014
losing weight is d ideal thing to do. who knows if he'll leave her 2morrow. he just wants to keep other men from looking at her
Re: My Boyfriend Says He'll Breakup With Me If I Lose Weight And I'm Overweight by marieolae(f): 3:39pm On Aug 17, 2014
Health is wealth. Ur health is at stake here? If ur boyfriend is gonna leave you after loosing weight then he is not worthy to be called your boyfriend. Better do the right thing.
Re: My Boyfriend Says He'll Breakup With Me If I Lose Weight And I'm Overweight by Monicasque(f): 4:38pm On Aug 17, 2014
Coz u fat, he is the only guy who looks at u. But wen u lose weight, u wil have more guys having their eyes on u.i say lose the weight and he can go if he wants to.no problem coolCoz u fat, he is the only guy who looks at u. But wen u lose weight, u wil have more guys having their eyes on u.i say lose the weight and he can go if he wants to.no problem
Re: My Boyfriend Says He'll Breakup With Me If I Lose Weight And I'm Overweight by Nobody: 5:26pm On Aug 17, 2014
I will advice the girl to go ahead and loose weight drastically. Haba! shocked 100kg at 22yrs? she must be having high blood pressure, for sure she's obese. What matters most is her health, the guy can go to hell if he choses. let her work on her body, her health, its her life and not someone else's

Health is Wealth o
Re: My Boyfriend Says He'll Breakup With Me If I Lose Weight And I'm Overweight by Cute2peg(m): 10:17am On Aug 22, 2014
Seriously i dont do Slim,tiny,small or Thin..but not overweight sha
Re: My Boyfriend Says He'll Breakup With Me If I Lose Weight And I'm Overweight by Nobody: 11:40am On Aug 22, 2014
Tell him to put a ring on it. Imagine when he leaves her and she can't find someone else that likes the weight.

She should read between the lines the guy is threaten to go back to his ex, in other words he is doing her a favor by dating her. With or without the weight loss drama she should kick him back to his ex.

I don't even blame the guy I blame the girl for being so gullible.
Re: My Boyfriend Says He'll Breakup With Me If I Lose Weight And I'm Overweight by Exponental(m): 12:27pm On Aug 22, 2014
Tell her she is a phucking tool used by her engineer boyfriend.
Re: My Boyfriend Says He'll Breakup With Me If I Lose Weight And I'm Overweight by jnrbayano(m): 12:48pm On Aug 22, 2014
Best comment up there from Pickabeau1

1 Like

Re: My Boyfriend Says He'll Breakup With Me If I Lose Weight And I'm Overweight by Nobody: 1:46pm On Aug 22, 2014
Don't let your boyfriend keep you down, you are not living for him you are living for yourself. Lose that weight and if he leaves you so be it.
Re: My Boyfriend Says He'll Breakup With Me If I Lose Weight And I'm Overweight by Nobody: 2:00pm On Aug 22, 2014
The girl nah mumu.

Don't let your bf/gf dictate to you what appearance you should wear.

The bf is there for the sex not for her own good.

Only a husband should tell a wife what weight she should build and it.must not b detrimental to the woman's health..
Re: My Boyfriend Says He'll Breakup With Me If I Lose Weight And I'm Overweight by jnrbayano(m): 2:05pm On Aug 22, 2014
What reply did you give to her mail Ifuennada?

1 Like

(1) (Reply)

Why Naija Girls Are Always Aggressive / 7 Killer Ways To Get An Amazing Orgasm. / .

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 24
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.