Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,043 members, 7,818,092 topics. Date: Sunday, 05 May 2024 at 07:35 AM

Obama Committee Versus Jonathan Committee - Politics (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Obama Committee Versus Jonathan Committee (7235 Views)

Buhari Versus Jonathan: Now That Our Choices Have Been Narrowed Down By Toks Ero / Oshiomole Versus Jonathan: Who Would You Vote 2015? / Timipre Sylva Versus Jonathan (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Obama Committee Versus Jonathan Committee by omenka(m): 5:02pm On Feb 07, 2013
The Dumbotard wakes up every morning to be reminded that he's the president. He's perpetualy in a state of shock over his luck!
With all these, I can't believe some people would still try to sell his candidacy to Nigerians in 2015.

Lord we confess our sins to you, pls forgive us. Take this plague away from us. Heal the Land and restore our hope. Give us the wisdom to tell the diference between good men and sons of Baal.
Grant us our heart desires o' Lord, for we ask through Jesus Christ our Savior, amen.

2 Likes

Re: Obama Committee Versus Jonathan Committee by Nobody: 5:06pm On Feb 07, 2013
Well there is always a committe for everything in Nigeria since it is a conduit for embezzlement and corruption.meanwhile,I'm expecting the inauguration of a new committe to assess the new opposition party and their threat to jonathan's re-election.
Re: Obama Committee Versus Jonathan Committee by Camilia247: 5:07pm On Feb 07, 2013
baseless comparism...make una allow GEJ kwanu na, haba...allow am make e do him work de way he feels itz right for him
Re: Obama Committee Versus Jonathan Committee by Nobody: 5:12pm On Feb 07, 2013
Camilia247: baseless comparism...make una allow GEJ kwanu na, haba...allow am make e do him work de way he feels itz right for him

Sharrap. . . .its comparison not comparism.what the fu'c'k do you know about accountability ?
Re: Obama Committee Versus Jonathan Committee by occam(m): 5:17pm On Feb 07, 2013
Billyonaire: Even Obama can not run Nigeria, the way it is mangled with defective Constitution and Federal Character syndrome. Another reason that Obama can not rule Nigeria better is because we are very ignorant of the duties of a President and that of a Governor. We almost always want GEJ to be the one to buy transformer for our streets and repair our backyard Roads. Obama can not rule Nigeria because our past Presidents did absolutely nothing right. We have been ruled and misruled by egocentric and militarily back-grounded ignorant fellows who found their way into Politics. GEJ is the best President Nigeria ever had. He would have done better if he was President of an Organized Country like the USA.

So I take this as admission that the man is not fit to lead Nigeria. BTW, The U.S. Presidency is far more challenging. Jonathan simply had no vision nor plan on how to fix the various issues. Handpicked by the ruling PDP to do their bidding, he doesn't not have the courage to exert his authority and do the people's business.

Though given his experience (Deputy Gov, Gov, VP & Acting President) I'm very surprised the man failed so woefully.
Re: Obama Committee Versus Jonathan Committee by chrisdoller(m): 5:35pm On Feb 07, 2013
Morgan1092: Pls who is Goodluck Jonathan?
supposedly nigerian president if am mistaking pls corect me
Re: Obama Committee Versus Jonathan Committee by seanet01: 5:58pm On Feb 07, 2013
Billyonaire: Even Obama can not run Nigeria, the way it is mangled with defective Constitution and Federal Character syndrome. Another reason that Obama can not rule Nigeria better is because we are very ignorant of the duties of a President and that of a Governor. We almost always want GEJ to be the one to buy transformer for our streets and repair our backyard Roads. Obama can not rule Nigeria because our past Presidents did absolutely nothing right. We have been ruled and misruled by egocentric and militarily back-grounded ignorant fellows who found their way into Politics. GEJ is the best President Nigeria ever had. He would have done better if he was President of an Organized Country like the USA.
I know you will find another route.
So it is no more a global phenomenon?
What Nonsense!
Bloody Hypocrite.
Do you think we have forgotten the thread?
Re: Obama Committee Versus Jonathan Committee by najoke: 6:04pm On Feb 07, 2013
^^^^^

RETARDEEN'S THEORY ON MY MIND
Re: Obama Committee Versus Jonathan Committee by gogodaye(m): 6:10pm On Feb 07, 2013
Come & see o...U people mean that our Kenyan brother's son living in America has started to make us all 'over-proud'. Abeg somebody get me 'Jona' on the phone.so that I can break the good news.we need to set up a high powered committee to select the members of the federal govt's delegation to congratulate him this modest achievement after just a few days of his inauguration & to notify the American people that our brothers' son working there for them will continue to make us proud here in Nigeria.
Re: Obama Committee Versus Jonathan Committee by CohenJane: 6:21pm On Feb 07, 2013
HNosegbe: I typed "Goodluck Jonathan committee" on Google and came up with over 1.5 million results.

grin grin grin grin grin grin grin
Re: Obama Committee Versus Jonathan Committee by blackbeau1(f): 6:22pm On Feb 07, 2013
how can you even compare obama to Goodluck when it comes to forming of committees? Obama is a learner na.haba.its just like comparing Dstv to NTA
Re: Obama Committee Versus Jonathan Committee by Evergreen4(m): 6:32pm On Feb 07, 2013
@ Op:Don't worry, president Jonathan will set up a new committee to look into dis issue of too many committees without results. LOL
Re: Obama Committee Versus Jonathan Committee by Nobody: 6:34pm On Feb 07, 2013
~Bluetooth:

Well there is always a committe for everything in Nigeria since it is a conduit for embezzlement and corruption.meanwhile,I'm expecting the inauguration of a new committe to assess the new opposition party and their threat to jonathan's re-election.
~Bluetooth:

~Bluetooth:

Where have you been that commitee has since been set and a new commitee to review their recommendations will ‎​be set up next week.
Re: Obama Committee Versus Jonathan Committee by calapicha(m): 6:56pm On Feb 07, 2013

Jonathan's uncle we hear you [colo[color=#006600][/color]

Re: Obama Committee Versus Jonathan Committee by miiraaj: 7:13pm On Feb 07, 2013
If GEJ doesn't form a committee, how on earth do you want him to create Job? angry

Committee members gotta chop nau!
Re: Obama Committee Versus Jonathan Committee by miiraaj: 7:19pm On Feb 07, 2013
chrisdoller:

supposedly nigerian president if am mistaking pls corect me

Somehow correct...but still need to ask google!
Re: Obama Committee Versus Jonathan Committee by jakaiso(m): 7:20pm On Feb 07, 2013
Dede1:

You are right about the OP. The OP is so goofy while treading on issue he or she knew little about. The so-called 23 executive orders can not become law until the Congress acts on them Nigeria unlike USA, the police and army would have been on street search house to house simply because the president issues executive orders.

Point of correction-An executive order does not need Congress to act on it-thats why its called an Executive order. US Presidents pass executive orders to by-pass Congress. All the 23 Executive Orders automatically become law that will be enforced by the Police,AFT, FBI and other security agencies.
Re: Obama Committee Versus Jonathan Committee by HezronLorraine(m): 8:13pm On Feb 07, 2013
truthfully said.GEJ is Nigeria's best president but he came at a time when d citizens collectively respond by demanding an answer to every questions of misappropriation,maladministration,corruption,ineffectiveness,slowness and redtapism(beaureucratic process.what GEJ'S COMMITTEE lacks is effectiveness,vision and the mandate of establishment under a right directive of a non-aligned independent and neutral leader.what is dn expected of d citizenry is faith and trust to deliver.when d call 4 gun ownership amendment came in d usa,d people engaged ds elements and it has yielded majorly good restlts.GEJ doesn't know what is expected of him as president,he's clueless most times,he isn't courageous to face d leadership in his parliament and ex powerful men.he needs to be more outward and vocal,dts sumtn Obama has,even when he's totally wrong,he speaks boldly to look right.determination and insurbodination he needs.God help d nation.
Re: Obama Committee Versus Jonathan Committee by plendil: 9:15pm On Feb 07, 2013

What exactly have Nigerians asked for? welfare an security, that all! Is it really such a impossible task given the resources at our disposal?
Re: Obama Committee Versus Jonathan Committee by hardknockbroda(m): 9:23pm On Feb 07, 2013
Pls who is Goodluck Jonathan? Good question..
Re: Obama Committee Versus Jonathan Committee by hardknockbroda(m): 9:24pm On Feb 07, 2013
Re: Obama Committee Versus Jonathan Committee by deletrue: 9:47pm On Feb 07, 2013
How are you called? Ypzilanti. Even though, names used in this forum are not real, your name alone indicates your class of person. By comparing nigerians with the americans, you are simply worse than the most abnormal nigerian! Do you know that in the usa, no individual will drive against traffic? Do you also know that in nigeria, you will be told that drinking water after taking food is an offence?
Do you know that if you were to be an american, your level of wisdom will never allow you to make this comparism. You are simply a wrong individual.
Re: Obama Committee Versus Jonathan Committee by ypzilanti: 10:23pm On Feb 07, 2013
deletrue: How are you called? Ypzilanti. Even though, names used in this forum are not real, your name alone indicates your class of person. By comparing nigerians with the americans, you are simply worse than the most abnormal nigerian! Do you know that in the usa, no individual will drive against traffic? Do you also know that in nigeria, you will be told that drinking water after taking food is an offence?
Do you know that if you were to be an american, your level of wisdom will never allow you to make this comparism. You are simply a wrong individual.

Please re-read the gibberish you just wrote and smack yourself on the head.

What you are basically saying here is that Nigerians are genetically inferior to Americans or what? There are many Nigerians living in the USA and they do not drive against traffic. The behave themselves because they know that there is LAW ENFORCEMENT in the USA. Nigeria is the way it is because there is no law enforcement. Period. Whose job is it to enforce laws? Government. Who is in charge of Federal government? GEJ.

Now let me take you to examples closer to home. People do not throw rubbish on the streets of Calabar because the government there is strict about refuse dumping. In Warri and Aba, the government is lax on environmental laws, and rubbish abounds everywhere. Even in Lagos, people do not drive 'one way' anymore because the government in Lagos was determined to wipe off that act by draconian laws that were enforced.

What your problem...(and the problem of many youth in Nigeria)is is that you do not read and have never traveled. Two good sources of knowledge that makes you reason above your peers. I recommend that you read 'From third world to first world' by Lee Kwan Yew (former Singaporean leader) to understand how a country that is corrupt and a basket case can be turned into a first world nation by determination and vision. It is no mean feat. But it has been done.

According to you, I would be a wiser person if I was an American? Man...you are so dumb...why am I even bothering to respond to such a dullard. For your information, majority of Americans would be categorized as dumb by well read Nigerians. They just have a very good system, and everyone follows the processes that have been created by the generation before the present one. Nigerians have been left with a bad system and bad processes and the present generation is following those processes to doom. What we need is a man to change the way we think, and behave, and lock up many people who will resist the new laws that will be put in place. Then everyone will start behaving themselves.

1 Like

Re: Obama Committee Versus Jonathan Committee by ypzilanti: 10:27pm On Feb 07, 2013
@Deletrue thinks he deserves a rubbish government because he is not an American? I am just shaking my head here. What hope do we really have as a people when we have people who think this way?
Re: Obama Committee Versus Jonathan Committee by dammytosh: 12:41am On Feb 08, 2013
How else do we satisfy you people.

The last time i checked, There was no longer committee what we have now is Presidential Task Force. grin Jonathan is smart if i may say. He is trying for his qualification. How can a Dr in Zoology handle human being. #JustSaying.
Re: Obama Committee Versus Jonathan Committee by romanlaw(m): 3:54am On Feb 08, 2013
Critic, criticise, critisism, compare, comparism, everytime....its becoming watery, baseless, boring, childish. Tinubu critise GEJ, Fashola critice GEJ, Buhari criticise Gej, Lai critices GEJ, El rufai criticise GEJ,Bakere criticse GEJ , Nairaland criticise GEJ haba! Is that all we know how to do in Nija. Thats how they criticised Super Eagles.
Re: Obama Committee Versus Jonathan Committee by romanlaw(m): 4:01am On Feb 08, 2013
[quote author=ypzilanti]

Please re-read the gibberish you just wrote and smack yourself on the head.

What you are basically saying here is that Nigerians are genetically inferior to Americans or what? There are many Nigerians living in the USA and they do not drive against traffic. The behave themselves because they know that there is LAW ENFORCEMENT in the USA. Nigeria is the way it is because there is no law enforcement. Period. Whose job is it to enforce laws? Government. Who is in charge of Federal government? GEJ.

Now let me take you to examples closer to home. People do not throw rubbish on the streets of Calabar because the government there is strict about refuse dumping. In Warri and Aba, the government is lax on environmental laws, and rubbish abounds everywhere. Even in Lagos, people do not drive 'one way' anymore because the government in Lagos was determined to wipe off that act by draconian laws that were enforced.

What your problem...(and the problem of many youth in Nigeria)is is that you do not read and have never traveled. Two good sources of knowledge that makes you reason above your peers. I recommend that you read 'From third world to first world' by Lee Kwan Yew (former Singaporean leader) to understand how a country that is corrupt and a basket case can be turned into a first world nation by determination and vision. It is no mean feat. But it has been done.

According to you, I would be a wiser person if I was an American? Man...you are so dumb...why am I even bothering to respond to such a dullard. For your information, majority of Americans would be categorized as dumb by well read Nigerians. They just have a very good system, and everyone follows the processes that have been created by the generation before the present one. Nigerians have been left with a bad system and bad processes and the present generation is following those processes to doom. What we need is a man to change the way we think, and behave, and lock up many people who will resist the new laws that will be put in place. Then everyone will start behaving themselves...........................................m..
Is it only in Warri and Aba that they throw rubbish on the street? What of Lagos and Ibadan? This shows how daft, bias and tribalistic you are. Just this point has knocked out all your points. You are not qualified to comment on this thread. Your tribal hatred knows no bound.
Re: Obama Committee Versus Jonathan Committee by ypzilanti: 9:26am On Feb 08, 2013
@romanlaw. So I should list every dirty state in Nigeria before you will be satisfied? It is you who is the tribalist f00l that applies ethnic logic to everything. For your information, I am from Abia state...and yes, Aba is dirty. Go and hang yourself if my statement bothers you. Warri is dirty too and has no functioning waste disposal mechanism or structures.

At least Lagos has a functioning waste disposal system with waste disposal trucks and waste management silos. If Lagos residents choose to throw waste about, it is not the fault of government. Plus Lagos state has harsh waste disposal laws that they enforce.

(1) (2) (Reply)

Grounded Aircraft: It’s Witch-Hunt of Political Opponents - Reps / Is Boko Haram a pawn in the bigger political game? - Alexander Nekrassov / “there Will Be War In Nigeria If Northern Youths Are Rejected In Southeast ” – A

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 62
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.