Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,151,286 members, 7,811,851 topics. Date: Sunday, 28 April 2024 at 09:20 PM

What Do You Give Your Toddlers For Lunch Pack To School - Family (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Family / What Do You Give Your Toddlers For Lunch Pack To School (19141 Views)

Five Practical Ways To Help A Child Who Doesn’t Like Going To School / Are You Sending Your Housemaids To School? / Must We Carry Our Little Babies And Toddlers In Front Seats? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: What Do You Give Your Toddlers For Lunch Pack To School by obi123: 2:14pm On Jan 18, 2013
dearfriend: i need some ideas, mine just started school.

firstly invest in a solid lunch box, with compartments and embrace bulk shopping and cooking, dinner left overs can be very handy for your child's lunch box

MAIN MEAL

potatoes ( sweet or Irish potatoes- boiled , fried, mashed (very easy, just boil potatoes till soft , add butter, tiny salt and little milk and mash ) and some sort of sauce
rice (jollof , fried, or white) and plantain
plantain(boiled or fried) with fried egg or sauce
plain spaghetti with sauce or jollof spaghetti with some sort of protein- fish, chicken, meat, egg, sausage
Sandwich - bread , buy a variety of spreads, it doesn't have to be complicated - peanut butter, jam, butter, chocolate spreads with bread is fine
slice of pizza from last night
fried/boiled yam and sauce or stew
Asaro from last night

SNACK

1 yogurt pot
1 pack of biscuit
2 favorite fruit
1 bottle of juice
water
milk
smoothie
plantain chips
1 Gala
coconut chips
crisp packet
1 muffin or cupcake or a small slice of cake or pastry
chin chin
groundnut
cashew nuts

6 Likes 1 Share

Re: What Do You Give Your Toddlers For Lunch Pack To School by Nobody: 2:15pm On Jan 18, 2013
Everybody dey form say dem pikin na Ajebutter for here,abi?

1 Like

Re: What Do You Give Your Toddlers For Lunch Pack To School by IYANGBALI: 2:21pm On Jan 18, 2013
Gari,kulinkuli and cugar
Re: What Do You Give Your Toddlers For Lunch Pack To School by tjskii(f): 2:24pm On Jan 18, 2013
dearfriend:

thanks but i need to know what kinds of food, mine they are more on cereal little solid.

I feel u my sis,my kid is a year old,and refuses any solid food except cerelac,was just wondering ow I wud be packing cerelac for him to skool wen I sought my doctorz advice,d man nearly flog me cheesy,said d boy is a year old and shud not be eatin cereal(cerelac,golden morn)he shud be on adult food(amala,rice,noodles etc)so I started weanin him off cereal,d lil man refused to eat for up to 8hrs o,but wen hunger wire am,if u see d way he rushed amala and ewedu cheesy,so wen he starts skool nxtmnth I'll be following the advise of Nlnders on wat to put in his lunchbox grin

1 Like

Re: What Do You Give Your Toddlers For Lunch Pack To School by Exponental(m): 2:57pm On Jan 18, 2013
1. U are definitely an introvert.
2. What u give ur child is dependent on what dat child likes.
3. Ur pocket is a big factor, dont coppiicoppii
Re: What Do You Give Your Toddlers For Lunch Pack To School by Treasjul(m): 3:18pm On Jan 18, 2013
My daughter is 7months old and she wil b attending daycare from nextweek. I don't know what 2 give 2 her,although she eats anytin,custard and breastmilk (not exclusive one like she did from 1-6months)
Re: What Do You Give Your Toddlers For Lunch Pack To School by Angelmart(f): 3:25pm On Jan 18, 2013
Whatever adult food the family will take for lunch for the day, either, jollof rice, beans, porridge yam,Golden Morn, tea, bread,biscuit.ribna at home, At home she will not allow anyone to feed her expecting food in feeding bottle.
Re: What Do You Give Your Toddlers For Lunch Pack To School by Treasjul(m): 3:30pm On Jan 18, 2013
Thanks, don't u tik beans wil cause her stomach upset
Re: What Do You Give Your Toddlers For Lunch Pack To School by holyvirgin: 3:43pm On Jan 18, 2013
Donpuzo: Garri and beans, garri and beans, garri and beans
I hate beans mehn...
Garri and beans for a child is a no_no.
D guy will just mess up d whole class... cheesy
Re: What Do You Give Your Toddlers For Lunch Pack To School by holyvirgin: 3:45pm On Jan 18, 2013
Treasjul: My daughter is 7months old and she wil b attending daycare from nextweek. I don't know what 2 give 2 her,although she eats anytin,custard and breastmilk (not exclusive one like she did from 1-6months)
Don't you think 7months is too early ma'am? Why not one year?
Re: What Do You Give Your Toddlers For Lunch Pack To School by deesnipes(f): 3:46pm On Jan 18, 2013
Mehnnn.. Av learnt a lot o. Its time for bulk shopping.
Re: What Do You Give Your Toddlers For Lunch Pack To School by swtcharissa(f): 3:47pm On Jan 18, 2013
Caprisone n bobo market don sell die,I need T̶̲̥̅̊ø̲̣̣̥ start my own toddlers drink
Re: What Do You Give Your Toddlers For Lunch Pack To School by holyvirgin: 3:50pm On Jan 18, 2013
My cousin's school serves them lunch so we dnt bother about lunch box nomore...
Re: What Do You Give Your Toddlers For Lunch Pack To School by Mrsmansson(f): 3:50pm On Jan 18, 2013
agiboma: I give my son a few snacks as he gets a hot lunch at daycare, hers what he gets:

Yogert
Kool aid Jammers juice drink
various fruits, strawberries, apples, oranges, i cut them up and make a fruit salad
cookies or rice crispies squares
Bottle of milk while we drive to daycare

Thats pretty much what he gets
Cool
Re: What Do You Give Your Toddlers For Lunch Pack To School by Treasjul(m): 4:01pm On Jan 18, 2013
Is it advicable for a woman who has been carrying d home responsible since their marriage to continue.B4 now she has bin covering d husband from her family membas,she always borrow big money 4 d man 4 biz at d end nothing comes home,n even d money d woman's family contributed for her 4 rentage wit d alert dt d man wil obliment.at d end he sweet talk d woman n misuse d money,now they pack 2 d man's sistas' apartment wit their children.right there d man and his sista joined togeda 2 oppres her n she left(now roommate 2 her friend and at times sleep in her store).
Re: What Do You Give Your Toddlers For Lunch Pack To School by Nobody: 4:29pm On Jan 18, 2013
zayhal: Boiled or fried potatoes with eggs/ fruit drinks.

Fried plantain

Golden morn with milk (that's if the teacher will help mix it for the child and feed him/her)

Jollof rice/boiled eggs

Spaghetti with sauce.

All of these accompanied with drinks and snacks and/or fruits like apple, banana etc.

I wouldn't recommend noodles because of how it turns out after a few hours.

Wow I love this, thought indomie was d only available option.
Re: What Do You Give Your Toddlers For Lunch Pack To School by Tgirl4real(f): 4:31pm On Jan 18, 2013
@ 7months, what u should be packing for ur baby for creche should be 2 milk feeds and 2 solids.

D solid could range from cereal (dere are diff types for her age - rice, wheat and mixed fruit, maize n mixed veg), oat meal, mashed pottatoe to purid fruits.

When she grows older custard, indomie, rice and others can be introduced.

If u are in naija and there is provision for food preservation u can consider amala and ewedu. I guess they will have to make it for her in school.
Re: What Do You Give Your Toddlers For Lunch Pack To School by armyofone(m): 4:40pm On Jan 18, 2013
you guys won't kill me with laugh walahi.

OP asked what you pack/give tots for lunch to school. how do you pack amala and ewedu? how do you pack cut strawberry/apple/fruit salad? without getting soggy? how do you pack hotpocket that require mw? my hotpocket grin i need to microwave that at work. now who will MW hotpocket for the kids in school?
lunch is at 11am right? you packed those at what time before leaving the house? 6/7/8am? be careful of food poisoning for your tots.
Re: What Do You Give Your Toddlers For Lunch Pack To School by Nobody: 4:47pm On Jan 18, 2013
maxwello.yg:
can toddler's munch that hard,strong gala ? abi ur own toddler stayed in ur wife's womb 4 7years?

My toddlers munch gala and enjoy it as well.9months old babies dey munch gala sef.
Re: What Do You Give Your Toddlers For Lunch Pack To School by Treasjul(m): 5:00pm On Jan 18, 2013
Treasjul: Is it advicable for a woman who has been carrying d home responsible since their marriage to continue.B4 now she has bin covering d husband from her family membas,she always borrow big money 4 d man 4 biz at d end nothing comes home,n even d money d woman's family contributed for her 4 rentage wit d alert dt d man wil obliment.at d end he sweet talk d woman n misuse d money,now they pack 2 d man's sistas' apartment wit their children.right there d man and his sista joined togeda 2 oppres her n she left(now roommate 2 her friend and at times sleep in her store).
Re: What Do You Give Your Toddlers For Lunch Pack To School by Nobody: 5:01pm On Jan 18, 2013
armyofone: you guys won't kill me with laugh walahi.

OP asked what you pack/give tots for lunch to school. how do you pack amala and ewedu? [b]how do you pack cut strawberry/apple/fruit salad? [/b]without getting soggy? how do you pack hotpocket that require mw? my hotpocket grin i need to microwave that at work. now who will MW hotpocket for the kids in school?
lunch is at 11am right? you packed those at what time before leaving the house? 6/7/8am? be careful of food poisoning for your tots.

Yes you can pack fresh strawberries, raspberries, blackberry , any berry in lunch bags... I splash some lemon juice on apple slices to prevent colour change too.....Also fruit-cups , they come in a sealed clear portioned cups....deelicious!!...... These cups also come in rice pudding, jello w fruit, a wide selection grin

And there's microwave provided for tots esp in daycares to warm up milk and all heated lunch available.
Re: What Do You Give Your Toddlers For Lunch Pack To School by chacha3(f): 5:02pm On Jan 18, 2013
Usually food in a foodflask which is mostly jollof rice,boiled irish potatoes,fried plaintain wit eggs and at times noodles. With caprisomne, biscuits and water in her water bottle. Also I include fruits like banana and peeled oranges. I put varieties cos she is a picky eater. For her breakfast is usually goldenmorn with milk or tea wit eggs,she eats bread once in while.

1 Like

Re: What Do You Give Your Toddlers For Lunch Pack To School by abdul4hire: 5:48pm On Jan 18, 2013
BE WARNED GOLDENMORN IS NOT FOR KIDS BELOW THREE YEARS, CLEARLY INDICATED ON THE PACK.....

1 Like

Re: What Do You Give Your Toddlers For Lunch Pack To School by Bootybuttchic(f): 6:22pm On Jan 18, 2013
Chongaiman:

Give them a balanced diet - Gala (carbohydrates & proteins) and La Casera (water & vitamins ).
she neva said hustlers"but toDdlers grin
Chongaiman:

Give them a balanced diet - Gala (carbohydrates & proteins) and La Casera (water & vitamins ).
she neva said hustlers"but toDdlers
Re: What Do You Give Your Toddlers For Lunch Pack To School by Bootybuttchic(f): 6:25pm On Jan 18, 2013
grin
fittty: cool Mine always carry first with this! kiss
grin grin
Re: What Do You Give Your Toddlers For Lunch Pack To School by ade80: 6:27pm On Jan 18, 2013
mrs flawless: I usually pack food like jollof Rice, Chips and Sausage with either ketchup or b,bque sauce, beans and plantain, potatoes and egg and sometimes yam and fish sauce.
My own challenge is in the Snacks i pack, i feel guilty because they are mostly unhealthy and sugary things like biscuits, ribena, juice. I sometimes do fruits for them but then they come back home and say "everybody had Ribena in their lunch pack except me"
Please i need suggestion of healthy snacks to pack, i once read somewhere that diaebetes are now being treated in children!

In my children's school they have water day two times a week. On those days, they are allowed to bring only water to school, no juice
Re: What Do You Give Your Toddlers For Lunch Pack To School by mysticgal(f): 8:40pm On Jan 18, 2013
this thread is really helpful,i love it
Re: What Do You Give Your Toddlers For Lunch Pack To School by mysticgal(f): 8:41pm On Jan 18, 2013
i love this thread its really helpfull.
Re: What Do You Give Your Toddlers For Lunch Pack To School by prairie(f): 8:54pm On Jan 18, 2013
Gambrosia: Nothing oily please.
Sandwiches, fruits, noodles, hot dogs, cheese and crackers. kiss
Chocolate/vanilla/strawberry milk.
NO SODAS. . . 100% JUICES ONLY. . . NOT FROM CONCENTRATES! kiss

HOT POCKETS! kiss
all these hot dogs etc are u in nigeria? I think not, oyinbo food is always lik snack to me while rice, pounded yam, eba etc is food for me, anyways diff strokes...
Re: What Do You Give Your Toddlers For Lunch Pack To School by Desloaaa(f): 8:56pm On Jan 18, 2013
Treasjul: Is it advicable for a woman who has been carrying d home responsible since their marriage to continue.B4 now she has bin covering d husband from her family membas,she always borrow big money 4 d man 4 biz at d end nothing comes home,n even d money d woman's family contributed for her 4 rentage wit d alert dt d man wil obliment.at d end he sweet talk d woman n misuse d money,now they pack 2 d man's sistas' apartment wit their children.right there d man and his sista joined togeda 2 oppres her n she left(now roommate 2 her friend and at times sleep in her store).
inside d lunch box??

3 Likes

Re: What Do You Give Your Toddlers For Lunch Pack To School by prairie(f): 8:57pm On Jan 18, 2013
jidegirl12: Wow@ jollof rice, and other supper-like foods grin... it depends on the age tho....

I pack non heated lunches( or the food will not be touched) like wraps, sandwiches( roast beef, ham, chicken, Tuna, egg salad and many more) , cheese&sliced meats &crackers stackers , pepperoni sticks and cheese sticks.... Taco salad , couscous salad... anything cold lunch sha

With

2 Juice boxes, ( one frozen to keep the lunchbag cool wink).... cookies, cereal bars, s'mores bar, fruit strings & milk & bottled water.

ur baby will have jedi jedi wit all dis oyinbo food

1 Like

(1) (2) (3) (Reply)

Excess Money: Moment MC Asked Groom To Spray His Bride 500k At A Wedding Party / Help! My Husband Wants Me To Change My Name From Ndidi To Sinmisola. / Can Couple With Genotype AA & AS Give Birth To SS?

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 41
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.