Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,151,288 members, 7,811,863 topics. Date: Sunday, 28 April 2024 at 09:39 PM

What Do You Give Your Toddlers For Lunch Pack To School - Family (3) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Family / What Do You Give Your Toddlers For Lunch Pack To School (19143 Views)

Five Practical Ways To Help A Child Who Doesn’t Like Going To School / Are You Sending Your Housemaids To School? / Must We Carry Our Little Babies And Toddlers In Front Seats? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: What Do You Give Your Toddlers For Lunch Pack To School by Oby2013: 9:00pm On Jan 18, 2013
I wouldn't recommend noodles because of how it turns out after a few hours. [/quote] To prepare a nice noodles: add a little drop of veg oil to your boiling noodles and before its done pour in your whisked egg (you can add blended crayfish) . When done, dish out for your child But dont cover immediately- your child wud come back from school wit a clean foodflask... Good for adults also.
Re: What Do You Give Your Toddlers For Lunch Pack To School by Meridian(f): 10:12pm On Jan 18, 2013
More contribution pls for a child still eating cereal
Re: What Do You Give Your Toddlers For Lunch Pack To School by greatgod2012(f): 10:26pm On Jan 18, 2013
dimcee: Hw wȋ̊ℓℓ U̶̲̥̅̊ gv υ̲̣̥​я̩̥̊​ kid noodles to schl,it wuld be to cold

with d food flask they use, forget about being cold.

1 Like

Re: What Do You Give Your Toddlers For Lunch Pack To School by lifesabeach: 2:42am On Jan 19, 2013
For a toddler, soft mashed foods and fruits work best. Milk based foods like fruit smoothies are also recommended. Make sure they eat breakfast well before leaving and when they get back from school. Toddlers are random nibblers generally. Candy is not food by the way... to avoid jedi-jedi oooo, and avoid too much fried foods. Tastes good but it's bad!!!

I do not give my children (5 and 7 yrs) packaged fruit juice more than 2 times a week...They take water mostly, as I'm trying to avoid training them to develop sweet tooth. When they grow, let them decide for themselves. It's home made popcorn FROM SCRATCH - not microwave brands, home made cookies and cakes, chin chin, buns and puff puff(mix overnight, fry in the A.M) is what they get as snacks. Cereals as snacks are also an option. I make a batch over the weekend. For lunch, its rice or pasta with chicken/beef/fish/beans and steamed vegetables or fresh salads packed seperately,potatoes and eggs, sandwiches and pizza on Fridays as a treat. They must eat yogurt and at least 2 fruits and veg everyday also. It really matters what you give children from when they are young ooo. Being lazy because of my job is not an option. smiley. By the way, they started wacking fufu from 6 months and at the time, i thought my mum-in-law was trying to kill them for me ooo. Now they eat salads without any reservations!! she knew what she was doing cheesy

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: What Do You Give Your Toddlers For Lunch Pack To School by zizz(f): 5:08am On Jan 19, 2013
If I wanted to introduce her to a new diet she first tries it in school where other kids are also eating,that atmosphere encorages her to eat well,so I go all out.
Make sure they are nutritious for her,
1.Rice+curry sauce with soft chopped chicken parts,water and small pack of ribenna
2.Spaghetti sauce with fresh fish,water and caprisonne
3.Macaronni cooked with tomatoes crayfish etc ,1 boiled egg,water and a small pack of hollandia yoghourt.
4 jollof rice + 1 boiled egg + 1 apple, water,no juice
5.Yam or Potato porriage with fresh fish and caprisonne
6.Fried plantain,fried potato,little sauce and fish +ribenna
7. Incase of an emergency maybe am late for work then NOODLES to the rescue.
Hope my list helps goodluck with your kiddo.

3 Likes 3 Shares

Re: What Do You Give Your Toddlers For Lunch Pack To School by repogirl(f): 8:10am On Jan 19, 2013
My daughter takes 2 meals, cereal or a light meal like eggs with toast bread, sandwiches, fried plantain/ yam/ potatoes with vegetable sauce, sausages, boiled eggs. For the secong meal, something heavier, jollof rice, fried rice, white rice with stew and beef/ chicken, vegetable sauce. Beans and plantain sometimes or spaghetti. And then for snack, biscuits usually cookies, a bottle of diluted ribena or juice, a bar of chocolate like twice a week, and her water bottle. Some mornings she takes chocolate beverage usually with toast bread and eggs.
I have to get up by 5.30 every morning to get it all set. Not easy work atall.

2 Likes 2 Shares

Re: What Do You Give Your Toddlers For Lunch Pack To School by AGgal(f): 9:22am On Jan 19, 2013
Desloaaa:
inside d lunch box??
As in eh! Lwkmdies!
Re: What Do You Give Your Toddlers For Lunch Pack To School by Nobody: 11:31am On Jan 19, 2013
Treasjul: Is it advicable for a woman who has been carrying d home responsible since their marriage to continue.B4 now she has bin covering d husband from her family membas,she always borrow big money 4 d man 4 biz at d end nothing comes home,n even d money d woman's family contributed for her 4 rentage wit d alert dt d man wil obliment.at d end he sweet talk d woman n misuse d money,now they pack 2 d man's sistas' apartment wit their children.right there d man and his sista joined togeda 2 oppres her n she left(now roommate 2 her friend and at times sleep in her store).

Create a new thread for this.
Re: What Do You Give Your Toddlers For Lunch Pack To School by Nobody: 1:17pm On Jan 19, 2013
grin
Re: What Do You Give Your Toddlers For Lunch Pack To School by Ninilowo(m): 9:28am On Jan 20, 2013
jidegirl12: Wow@ jollof rice, and other supper-like foods grin... it depends on the age tho....

I pack non heated lunches( or the food will not be touched) like wraps, sandwiches( roast beef, ham, chicken, Tuna, egg salad and many more) , cheese&sliced meats &crackers stackers , pepperoni sticks and cheese sticks.... Taco salad , couscous salad... anything cold lunch sha

With

2 Juice boxes, ( one frozen to keep the lunchbag cool wink).... cookies, cereal bars, s'mores bar, fruit strings & milk & bottled water.

Iro ni. hw long does such child stay in school? ounje nikan lo fe lo je ni school ni?
Re: What Do You Give Your Toddlers For Lunch Pack To School by Ninilowo(m): 9:32am On Jan 20, 2013
Donpuzo: Garri and beans, garri and beans, garri and beans
You too naked the name now. You for just put DECKING.
Re: What Do You Give Your Toddlers For Lunch Pack To School by anydek: 8:49am On Jan 21, 2013
Good.

(1) (2) (3) (Reply)

Help! My Husband Wants Me To Change My Name From Ndidi To Sinmisola. / Can Couple With Genotype AA & AS Give Birth To SS? / K-legs Or Bow Legs; Which One Is More Sexy To You?

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 19
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.