Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,459 members, 7,816,077 topics. Date: Friday, 03 May 2024 at 02:44 AM

Jonathan In Lagos. Inspects Police College. - Politics (5) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Jonathan In Lagos. Inspects Police College. (19324 Views)

Amaechi Inspects Port-Harcourt International Airport - Photos / Obiano Inspects Worldclass Onitsha Mall- Pix / Buhari Inspects Made-in-nigeria Peugeot Cars(photos) (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Jonathan In Lagos. Inspects Police College. by Funkymallam(m): 3:02am On Jan 19, 2013
Kamanda:

Bros You Got it.Na arrangee between Jona Media Team and dem partner/Consultant-Chammelstv.

John Momoh don Hammer again.

Watch out for how FG officials and Jona go deh show GoodGuys levels in the coming days,especially for that coming Channels event.

I give up on you. You are irredeemable! Making up allegations to make you look smart but guy you are totally lost.
What would you and your ilk say if after the went viral with those disgusting pictures of the college and nothing is done about it? Same confused arm-chair critics as you will sit in one hut and spew rubbish.

The president got to know of the rot there through the report in the media just as you and I and decided to have a first hand assessment of the situation on ground and yet you are there dinning on the wine of foolishness.

3 Likes

Re: Jonathan In Lagos. Inspects Police College. by nduchucks: 3:18am On Jan 19, 2013
Oga Sir, you do well o. This is the kind of act which made Nigerians love Murtala Mohammed - all you haveto do now is to replace the junk with a 1st class police college.

Pics: Courtesy Sahara

1 Like

Re: Jonathan In Lagos. Inspects Police College. by slimfit1(m): 4:44am On Jan 19, 2013
Kamanda:

Bros You Got it.Na arrangee between Jona Media Team and dem partner/Consultant-Chammelstv.

Watch out for how FG officials and Jona go deh show GoodGuys levels in the coming days,especially for that coming Channels event.

Guys don't let us attack all the time I do understand but let give him a benefit of doubt shabi na to build a new one and upgrade simple let him the place at list ayear to see who he is deceiving .
Re: Jonathan In Lagos. Inspects Police College. by slimfit1(m): 4:50am On Jan 19, 2013
jmaine:

Stop clutching at straws . . . .It's needless here . .accept you erred by mixing them up . . . .

GEJ visit to the Abuja National made news and not that of Lagos . . . .

That stadium should be sold and demolished its a waste of resources what does Lagos want to do with 2 stadium s that very closed to each other sell it to property agents or churchs. It's surplus to requirement
Re: Jonathan In Lagos. Inspects Police College. by naptu2: 4:52am On Jan 19, 2013
ogbeche77: you are on point, cos it an unsheduled visit,even the college commandant was not aware GEJ ll be visiting but JOHN MOMOH was there with his crew, the only media crew there aside NTA

State House Press Corps.
Re: Jonathan In Lagos. Inspects Police College. by obitrac: 4:59am On Jan 19, 2013
Kamanda:

You are d fattest fool in Nigeria
Re: Jonathan In Lagos. Inspects Police College. by naptu2: 5:13am On Jan 19, 2013
[size=14pt]Jonathan pays surprise visit to Ikeja Police College[/size]

January 19, 2013 by Comfort Oseghale ⁠29 Comments

Unbelievable! President Goodluck Jonathan and the Commandant, Police College, Ikeja, Lagos, Irimiya Yerima, during Jonathan’s visit to the college... on Friday.

President Goodluck Jonathan on Friday surprised the authorities of the Lagos State Police Command when he paid an unscheduled visit to the Police College, Ikeja.

With the President were the Assistant Inspector-General of Police, Zone 2, Mr. Mamaah Tsafe; the Commissioner of Police, Lagos State Command, Umar Manko and other military and air force officers.

Jonathan, who arrived at the college premises at about 3 pm, immediately proceeded on an inspection tour of the hostels, college kitchen, dining hall and the Officers’ Mess.

For the college authorities, the visit was nothing short of an embarrassment as the commandant of the college, CP I.F. Yerima was unable to tell the President how and when Channels TV filmed the decay in the college. 

In an attempt to salvage the situation, Yerima had turned to his deputy and other senior officers of the college for assistance but all kept mute.

Enraged, Jonathan declared the documentary by the TV station a smear campaign.

He said, “This is a calculated attempt to damage the image of this government. The Police College, Ikeja is not the only training institution in Nigeria.”

Meanwhile, a crowd of recruits, who had gathered to catch a glimpse of the President, hailed him repeatedly for his visit.

They said, “Our number one President, the God sent President, the President of Nigeria, among others.” Jonathan acknowledged the cheers by raising his right hand.

However, a senior police officer of the college told Saturday PUNCH on the condition of anonymity that the decay in the college began more than a decade ago.

http://www.punchng.com/news/jonathan-pays-surprise-visit-to-ikeja-police-college/
Re: Jonathan In Lagos. Inspects Police College. by talktimi(m): 6:07am On Jan 19, 2013
slim fit :

That stadium should be sold and demolished its a waste of resources what does Lagos want to do with 2 stadium s that very closed to each other sell it to property agents or churchs. It's surplus to requirement
sold/demolished isn't the way to go, remember the lagos state govt met the national stadium whr it is and still decided to build the teslim balogun directly opposite, as a kid growing up and going to primary & secondary sch thru that axis I always wondered at the logic. In my opinion, the national stadium lagos should be concessioned to a private individual for 10/30 yrs who's main job IS stadium facility management. Such an enterprise will know how to manage the stadium better while those who have been in charge of the stadiums for the past 10yrs should be queried and those found culpable for the rot should be retired. Money is released each year for maintenance but civil servants are the most corrupt individuals in Nigeria.
Re: Jonathan In Lagos. Inspects Police College. by Nobody: 6:17am On Jan 19, 2013
Enraged, Jonathan declared the documentary by the TV station a smear campaign.

He said, “This is a calculated attempt to damage the image of this government. The Police College, Ikeja is not the only training institution in Nigeria.”

That tells it all. GEJ is too narrow minded.

1 Like

Re: Jonathan In Lagos. Inspects Police College. by naptu2: 6:28am On Jan 19, 2013
talktimi: sold/demolished isn't the way to go, remember the lagos state govt met the national stadium whr it is and still decided to build the teslim balogun directly opposite, as a kid growing up and going to primary & secondary sch thru that axis I always wondered at the logic. In my opinion, the national stadium lagos should be concessioned to a private individual for 10/30 yrs who's main job IS stadium facility management. Such an enterprise will know how to manage the stadium better while those who have been in charge of the stadiums for the past 10yrs should be queried and those found culpable for the rot should be retired. Money is released each year for maintenance but civil servants are the most corrupt individuals in Nigeria.

Would you believe that in the mid 2000s area boys in Surulere wrote to the stadium management that they want to be given the chance to manage the stadium. That they'd do a good job if given the opportunity (I'm not kidding).

If placed under the right management, that stadium is a cash cow.

By the way, there was already a stadium at the site of the present Teslim Balogun Stadium. It was known as UAC Stadium. The stadium was demolished in 1987 and construction work began on the Teslim Balogun Stadium (it took 20 years to complete the stadium).
Re: Jonathan In Lagos. Inspects Police College. by talktimi(m): 6:52am On Jan 19, 2013
naptu2:

Would you believe that in the mid 2000s area boys in Surulere wrote to the stadium management that they want to be given the chance to manage the stadium. That they'd do a good job if given the opportunity (I'm not kidding).

If placed under the right management, that stadium is a cash cow.

By the way, there was already a stadium at the site of the present Teslim Balogun Stadium. It was known as UAC Stadium. The stadium was demolished in 1987 and construction work began on the Teslim Balogun Stadium (it took 20 years to complete the stadium).
area boys ke shocked ? Don't make me laugh abeg. The both of us are on the same page but I bet you the sports ministry officials will never find a suitable company that can manage our stadia because they feed fat on the maintenance money that comes every year from the budget except the company is owned by a crony of theirs, I could have suggested it be handed over to the lagos state govt but no one knows the policy that will be put in place when Fashola leaves office. We can only pray that the NFF for example improves security at such venues, eliminate match fixing so that people will be encouraged to watch footballl matches every wknd thrby generating revenue for maintenance at least.
Re: Jonathan In Lagos. Inspects Police College. by aribisala0(m): 7:00am On Jan 19, 2013
Commandant and Minister should be made to sleep there till it is fixed
Re: Jonathan In Lagos. Inspects Police College. by PEREP: 7:37am On Jan 19, 2013
ITbomb: So Presido dey visit Nairaland , or did any other media report about this Police College before Nairaland?

Channels TV did a documentary on Police college on Thursday Night.
Re: Jonathan In Lagos. Inspects Police College. by peckerlord: 7:56am On Jan 19, 2013
ITbomb: So Presido dey visit Nairaland , or did any other media report about this Police College before Nairaland?

bros na from channels tv nairaland pick am
Re: Jonathan In Lagos. Inspects Police College. by pheesayor(m): 8:10am On Jan 19, 2013
Sincere 9gerian:
You call those PAY-AS-YOU-GO critics "average Nigerians"? They are not average Nigerians but few persons who are PAID to criticise and those who criticise because their party or tribesman is not in power.
you're wrog here sir, unless there's evidence to prove to us. Critics should not be paid before they voice out, they say it according to the the way they see it. When you think people are hating you because of your tribe then it leads you to take wrong decisions.
Nigerians are becoming more politically concsious and if opposition takes advantage of that whose fault is it? I there is no hole in the wall, there's no how a lizard will gain entry.
I'm sorry for going off topic though, truth just had to be told
Re: Jonathan In Lagos. Inspects Police College. by pheesayor(m): 8:14am On Jan 19, 2013
Prof Corruption:

Wish he would visit other police colleges
Re: Jonathan In Lagos. Inspects Police College. by Nobody: 9:17am On Jan 19, 2013
ogbeche77: you are on point, cos it an unsheduled visit,even the college commandant was not aware GEJ ll be visiting but JOHN MOMOH was there with his crew, the only media crew there aside NTA

GBAMicious.
Some Nigerians still deh use their brains oH.hahaahhahahahahahahhhhhhahahahahahahha
Re: Jonathan In Lagos. Inspects Police College. by Nobody: 9:27am On Jan 19, 2013
obitrac: You are d fattest fool in Nigeria

Thanks sir.
Re: Jonathan In Lagos. Inspects Police College. by pheesayor(m): 9:28am On Jan 19, 2013
Quote from twitter
The evil-protector came to Lagos unannounced and people thought he came to question those who reduced the college to this level of mockery. They didn't know he came to find out if it was a lie so he can punish Channels TV. Jonathan is the shame of this country. For the 1st time, I was almost getting excited that Jonathan had acted smart...only for him to question why they allowed the filming. I've always known this. I've been to about 3 police barracks myself. They are worse than slums. I expected a query to Police authorities responsible for police welfare immediately after that visit, not an accusing finger at Channels TV!
Re: Jonathan In Lagos. Inspects Police College. by pheesayor(m): 9:33am On Jan 19, 2013
Kamanda:

That is the Problem.

Our President just cashed in on this OP to score cheap points.
For all the Kangaroos Jumping to the gallery watch out.

Our Presido if he truly cares should have sacked somebody on the Spot.
The Head of the Colledge,the Police Service Commission,Ministry of Police Affairs,IGP.
I don't expect jonathan to know about the state of the College neither do I hold him responsible for the state of the school but he has seen it for himself.Will he take action and do the needful?........Well,you all know your President..........committee....
when sinners go unpunished, others are encouraged to sin more

1 Like

Re: Jonathan In Lagos. Inspects Police College. by karlmax2: 9:49am On Jan 19, 2013
^^Propogandist and liars are at it again una go get heart attack apart from punch newspaper pls post another news article that captured ur beer palour theory even the station that did the documentary that was on ground when the president came didn't report the thrash u posted na punch you guys are becoming ridiculous and very desperate in ur quest to bring down GEJ but you know what u can never bring a good man down!
Re: Jonathan In Lagos. Inspects Police College. by FindOut(m): 9:57am On Jan 19, 2013
aribisala0: Commandant and Minister should be made to sleep there till it is fixed

Lol. Now thats likely what a Buhari/Idiagbon/Murtala Mohammed would do grin
Millitary rule had its benefits I tell you. By now, at the very least, some people would have been sacked.
Re: Jonathan In Lagos. Inspects Police College. by nollywood20: 10:09am On Jan 19, 2013
Prof Corruption:

[size=18pt]Thank you Prof Corruption.

So reporting facts and telling the truth is now a smear campaign against his government?

President Goodluck Jonathan of Nigeria: “This is a calculated attempt to damage the image of this government. The Police College, Ikeja is not the only training institution in Nigeria.”

OH MY GOD!
So, we should sweep the rot under the foot-mat? And let him and his evil sycophants stand on it grinning and smiling to the rest of the world that President Goodluck Jonathan is the best President Nigeria has ever had and will shame his haters? grin [/size]

[size=28pt]Whoever conceals their sins does not prosper,
but the one who confesses and renounces them finds mercy.

~ Proverbs 28:13, Holy Bible (New International Version)

Open rebuke is better than secret love.

~ Proverbs 27:5, Holy Bible (King James Version)[/size]

[size=18pt]

Now you see why President Jonathan is having bad luck government even though his name is Goodluck?
He must have been listening to false prophets who have been lying to him and anyone who tells you lies is your enemy and not your true friend.

When I warned people on Nairaland before the presidential election that they should not vote for him and they attacked me and I replied that it would be their tragedy and not mine.
Now, many of them have lost people and those who are graduates cannot dare go and serve their NYSC in the north, because of Boko Haram terrorists.

Can anyone of you count how many lives and properties have been lost so far since the election of President Jonathan?
And he even lost his own younger brother in the State House and his wife is ill at ease.
When you choose to dine and wine with false prophets and sycophants who deceive you by telling lies, then don't cry when the consequences of their evil lies come upon you.

Long before the Boko Haram scourge began, I also warned Igbos to start leaving the north, but those who ignored my warnings are now full of regrets from their irredeemable loss.

The evil sycophants employed by President Jonathan are doing him more harm than good by flooding their childish and foolish adverts on the internet and offline news media channels.
Whether they believe in God or not, the words of God as I have quoted will surely come to pass as lessons from history have proved God right. [/size]

Re: Jonathan In Lagos. Inspects Police College. by karlmax2: 10:10am On Jan 19, 2013
Here's the report from channels tv who were on ground when the president visited the police college and no where they reported the trash that punch newspaper is reporting!!!

Jonathan visits Police College
Following the week-long report by Channels Television on the dilapidated state of the Police Training College in Lagos, President Goodluck Jonathan on Friday paid a surprise visit to the college.

Dr. Jonathan who arrived in company of the Chief of Defence Staff, Admiral Ola Ibrahim, expressed shock at the level of dilapidation at the foremost institute.

Apparently responding to pictures of rot in infrastructure broadcast by Channels Television, a visibly angry president queried the authorities of the college on the state of the institution.

He promised to change the tide in the college saying that his government

“Will do something about the institution”, the President vowed.

The chairman of Channels Television, Mr John Momoh was present during the president’s visit.

This is the first time a sitting President would be visiting the Police College built over 70 years ago.

The President’s visit lasted for about an hour, during which he undertook an inspection tour of the school, including the students’ hostel which is in a terrible state.

Throughout the week, Channels Television has broadcast series of reports on the police college.

The police project is the station’s corporate social responsibility for year 2013, and on Tuesday January the 22nd, there would be a forum in Lagos where the private sector will be sensitized on the need to come together to rebuild the college and bring it  to international standard.

http://www.channelstv.com/home/2013/01/18/jonathan-visits-police-college/

I believe channels more than the opposition bought and beer palour gist peddling punch newspaper

1 Like

Re: Jonathan In Lagos. Inspects Police College. by kaze4blues(m): 10:15am On Jan 19, 2013
While gov fashola is busy commisionin nd inspectin projects all thru State, mr jonathan is busy wt busybody visits ddat add no value to governance.

Really pity ds shithole called naija....
Re: Jonathan In Lagos. Inspects Police College. by ITbomb(m): 10:20am On Jan 19, 2013
For all of una wey answer my question above , make Baba God bless una well well.
The problem be say time wey I for take watch programs for TV, I go dey for Nairaland , I no understand the kind juju wey Seun use. I don beg am tire e no wan tell be the address of the Baba wey do am for am.
Even when I dey watch matches , during commercials na nl I go dey.
Re: Jonathan In Lagos. Inspects Police College. by talktimi(m): 10:23am On Jan 19, 2013
Find Out!:

Lol. Now thats likely what a Buhari/Idiagbon/Murtala Mohammed would do grin
Millitary rule had its benefits I tell you. By now, at the very least, some people would have been sacked.
where do you want to start the sacking from when its obvious that this rot didn't start from the present IGP but has been in place for decades ? There's a serious problem definitely but sacking anybody now won't solve it. The commandant on the other hand might have a few queries to answer starting from how much he has received for maintenance works since he became commandant thr and what he used such monies for.
Btw I was also surprised Channels tv wr allowed to film the police college without being stopped, security wise it shouldn't have happened in the first place but at least it will hopefully better the lot of recruits in the future.
Re: Jonathan In Lagos. Inspects Police College. by talktimi(m): 10:30am On Jan 19, 2013
kaze4blues: While gov fashola is busy commisionin nd inspectin projects all thru State, mr jonathan is busy wt busybody visits ddat add no value to governance.

Really pity ds shithole called naija....
from your comment I guess lagos and its problems is more difficult to govern than Nigeria and her problems.
Re: Jonathan In Lagos. Inspects Police College. by Nobody: 11:41am On Jan 19, 2013
2Legit2Qui:

You are so obsessed with your bring him down attitude. What wrong has he done this time around? A report came out and he went to physically see it, your blood pressure rose to high heavens, you dont know what to say but to blame it on the media, especially Channels TV. Be objective sometimes. What wrong has this man done this time around?
dont mind him bro, that Kamanda guy is overly being too overcritical!
Re: Jonathan In Lagos. Inspects Police College. by aribisala0(m): 3:16pm On Jan 19, 2013
Visiting the College was a good move which would have been a PR success if the President apologized and promised to make amends.His comments that it is an "attempt to tarnish the reputation,.......,. show he does not fully understand democracy and the role of the press in this.

He revealed his natural instinct to be defensiveness and not the much publicized humility. It is not his fault that the college is the way it is that started a long time ago BUT it is his RESPONSIBILITY. Many of these things boil down to the CULTURE in government and government institutions. That culture is always reflective of the guy at the top. So much will change in Nigeria within six months if the Presidents sends appropriate signals to his subordinates.
Imagine if he tells the Minister to resign or go and sleep in that hostel till it is fixed.Will other ministers not wake up?

The question is does the president not know how things are and ought he to know? Why does he not know? I expect the president to know how much is spent feeding a prisoner in a Nigerian prisone and the general conditions there who knows he may be a guest one day like his "baba" OBJ. Just like the CEO of an airline should know wha food is served in their flights and how much it costs.
Being President is a job,a hard one,not a cassava bread picnic.
Re: Jonathan In Lagos. Inspects Police College. by Parnassuss(m): 3:17pm On Jan 19, 2013
Funkymallam:

I give up on you. You are irredeemable! Making up allegations to make you look smart but guy you are totally lost.
What would you and your ilk say if after the went viral with those disgusting pictures of the college and nothing is done about it? Same confused arm-chair critics as you will sit in one hut and spew rubbish.

The president got to know of the rot there through the report in the media just as you and I and decided to have a first hand assessment of the situation on ground and yet you are there dinning on the wine of foolishness.

The arm chair critics win this round. THE FOOLISH PRESIDENT WAS MORE UPSET THAT CHANNELS TV REPORTED THE ROT IN THE COLLEGE THAN HE WAS WITH THE DECAY ITSELF!

Everybody read the article in the nation newspaper and look up the questions he was quoted to have asked!!! Gej is a FOOL but we who have kept him in power are the subhumans led by a halfwit!

http://thenationonlineng.net/new/news/jonathans-surprise-visit-rattles-ikeja-police-college-commandant/

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (Reply)

Security Agencies Foil Attempt to Free Boko Haram Detainees In Lokoja / Governor Dickson, Makarfi & Other PDP Members Meet In Abuja (pics) / Airport Safety: Enugu Govt Closes Orie Emene Market

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 80
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.