Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,154,763 members, 7,824,188 topics. Date: Saturday, 11 May 2024 at 03:46 AM

How Do Hijab Sisters Cope At NYSC Camps? Would Like To Know Please. - Islam for Muslims - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / Islam for Muslims / How Do Hijab Sisters Cope At NYSC Camps? Would Like To Know Please. (1308 Views)

Shia-islam-what Do You Know Or Would Like To Know? / Why Do Young Moderate Hijab Sisters Claim Being Engaged When They Are Not? / Why Do Young Moderate Hijab Sisters Claim Being Engaged When They Are Not? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

How Do Hijab Sisters Cope At NYSC Camps? Would Like To Know Please. by Nobody: 12:52am On Jan 19, 2013
I have heard several stories about NYSC camps and how muslim sisters fare. I would like you to share with me what really goes on there with them from your perspective and how they put up with the life at the camps. Thank you.
Re: How Do Hijab Sisters Cope At NYSC Camps? Would Like To Know Please. by Chokolee(m): 1:58am On Jan 19, 2013
Faring depends on the individual and the NYSC camp, my camp had a specification for the type you wear;that is the lenght, not longer than the arm. That is an NYSC camp, coping with long hijab would be something else|difficult|. Not too long one is recommended.
Re: How Do Hijab Sisters Cope At NYSC Camps? Would Like To Know Please. by Nobody: 2:06am On Jan 19, 2013
Is it compulsory you wear trousers too?
Re: How Do Hijab Sisters Cope At NYSC Camps? Would Like To Know Please. by Chokolee(m): 2:43am On Jan 19, 2013
Yes, its only trousers NYSC gives corp members, except an individual want to convert his/her own to a skirt; that is after camp, and it would be awkard..
Re: How Do Hijab Sisters Cope At NYSC Camps? Would Like To Know Please. by Nobody: 6:35am On Jan 19, 2013
Chokolee: Yes, its only trousers NYSC gives corp members, except an individual want to convert his/her own to a skirt; that is after camp, and it would be awkard..
lolz..doesnt mean..
What about the early morning drillings and stuffs lyk that,what goes on there, i heard you must wear shorts too,is it compulsory to even participate?
Re: How Do Hijab Sisters Cope At NYSC Camps? Would Like To Know Please. by Nobody: 7:37am On Jan 19, 2013
Hallie27:
lolz..doesnt mean..
What about the early morning drillings and stuffs lyk that,what goes on there, i heard you must wear shorts too,is it compulsory to even participate?

You are required to wear the white shorts and polo and you are supposed to participate in the regular drills.
Some hijab sisters I know that have done NYSC sewed or bought really long shorts (three quaters) and pulled their socks up to cover the part of their legs that the shorts didn't get to. Some reduced the size of their hijab to avoid having too much stress when doing drills.
Most of them that didn't want to reduce their hijabs or wear only shorts used to dodge drills, maybe by hiding in the mosque or elsewhere.
Re: How Do Hijab Sisters Cope At NYSC Camps? Would Like To Know Please. by Nobody: 8:24am On Jan 19, 2013
Hmmm....are the drillings done with males and females together or separately?
Re: How Do Hijab Sisters Cope At NYSC Camps? Would Like To Know Please. by Chokolee(m): 8:50am On Jan 19, 2013
Fellis got your answer up here^^
Hallie27: Hmmm....are the drillings done with males and females together or separately?
The drillings are done together. That is parade and man O war drills.
Re: How Do Hijab Sisters Cope At NYSC Camps? Would Like To Know Please. by Nobody: 9:01am On Jan 19, 2013
Hallie27: Hmmm....are the drillings done with males and females together or separately?

Together.
But you can still try your best (on your own) to avoid the mixing. Try sticking with any group of Muslim sisters in the camp when they go for drillings, parades etc.
Re: How Do Hijab Sisters Cope At NYSC Camps? Would Like To Know Please. by Nobody: 9:12am On Jan 19, 2013
Re: How Do Hijab Sisters Cope At NYSC Camps? Would Like To Know Please. by Nobody: 9:17am On Jan 19, 2013
Thank you chokolee and fellis, you've been realy helpful..
Re: How Do Hijab Sisters Cope At NYSC Camps? Would Like To Know Please. by Nobody: 9:58am On Jan 19, 2013
You are welcome.
Good luck in camp.

(1) (Reply)

Tunisian Women Go On ‘sex Jihad’ To Syria / The Real Top 5 False Things About Islam? / Muhammad(p.b.u.h) The Final Legacy

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 11
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.