Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,195,420 members, 7,958,243 topics. Date: Wednesday, 25 September 2024 at 11:13 AM

Why Do Young Moderate Hijab Sisters Claim Being Engaged When They Are Not? - Islam for Muslims - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / Islam for Muslims / Why Do Young Moderate Hijab Sisters Claim Being Engaged When They Are Not? (1291 Views)

Islamic Indonesia Fights Against The Jilboob (tight Hijab) / How Do Hijab Sisters Cope At NYSC Camps? Would Like To Know Please. / Why Do Young Moderate Hijab Sisters Claim Being Engaged When They Are Not? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Why Do Young Moderate Hijab Sisters Claim Being Engaged When They Are Not? by lasisi(m): 1:35am On Jan 18, 2010
This usually bothers me because it not only rob them of early marriage at prime age but also spurs the ready and capable brothers like me into marrying the ladies of other faith like I' m almost doing except a miracle happens which I still secretly pray for because I don't want to get it wrong at this critical decision making stage of my life. So brothers and sisters, lets discuss this issue which is gradually killing the spirit of the DEEN. jimohzz@yahoo.com
Re: Why Do Young Moderate Hijab Sisters Claim Being Engaged When They Are Not? by zayhal(f): 6:09pm On Jan 18, 2010
@topic

If a sister tells you she's engaged or married then I think you should take her word for it. if a sister isn't engaged, I doubt if she'll tell you that she is. Afterall, sisters don't want to remain single so why would she lie about her status.

And by the way, what evidence have you that the sister wasn't telling the truth about her status.

I talk this way because a case happened with me last week where a 'brother' thought I wasn't married and was trying to get fresh with me. I quickly cut him short that i was married and he laughed it off saying I was lying, he said he was very sure I wasn't married that i should come off the joke. He was even telling me I couldn't be more than so and so year old. Well I got pissed off and walked away. I guess he's gone to ask other colleagues of mine about me because i saw that he looked remorseful today.

So before you come out certain about a person's marital status, ask around to verify if the person looks 'unmarried' and you can't take her words for it.
Re: Why Do Young Moderate Hijab Sisters Claim Being Engaged When They Are Not? by Nobody: 6:12pm On Jan 18, 2010
@ topic

because they're not feeling your vibe?

sorry but you just have to keep looking elsewhere.
Re: Why Do Young Moderate Hijab Sisters Claim Being Engaged When They Are Not? by Nanai: 12:07am On Jan 20, 2010
The truth be told, girls do lie about their marital status.There are usually 2 reasons for it:
1. They are not interested
2. The manner of approach you use.
You can just see a girl on the street and begin to yarn.?Most hijabi girls will turn you off.Approach respectably, may be through a friend or a colleague.Talk to her once or twice.Let her be comfortable with you before making a move.Goodluck!!

1 Like

(1) (Reply)

Advantages Of Wearing The Niqab / Why Islam Is A Threat To Global Peace / Pray For Gaza #save Gaza

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 11
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.