Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,577 members, 7,820,075 topics. Date: Tuesday, 07 May 2024 at 09:22 AM

Why? - Romance - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Romance / Why? (1806 Views)

(2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (Reply) (Go Down)

Why? by mjsroxs(f): 8:09am On Mar 02, 2008
I'm just wondering why guys act different around there friends?
Re: Why? by Nobody: 10:41am On Mar 02, 2008
we act different around friends because u women take us seriously. my friends and i like talking rubbish when we're around each other. but i cant imagine talking rubbish when im with my girl friend. take note of the rubbish cos what we talk about ranges from what we did back in the days to whatever our fanatsies are. trust me it is nasty.

when a guy is around his madam, he needs to check what he says cos madam takes everything serious. i'd like believe thats the situation u find urself in
Re: Why? by eldee(m): 3:56pm On Mar 02, 2008
@poster
Is it not the same with ladies, cuz there is no way u can tell me that you don't have a clique where you try to present ur man like u're in control and that ur man cannot live without u in sight.
Re: Why? by Encomium(m): 6:11pm On Mar 02, 2008
Its not only guys, the gals are equally guilty of the same so called offence. People takes things of life in their own way of understanding.
Re: Why? by mjsroxs(f): 6:37pm On Mar 02, 2008
Well I have a guy who when im with him alone, he's pretty much the sweetest guy I know.
He doesn't even cuss around me.
But with his friends, lets say I text him, He'll reply with "asjnfdsjnfjsdnfjsdf" after like 2 texts.

I know he's not going to act how he does when were alone, but atleast talking to me.

So I was just wondering.
Thanks for the reply's wink
Re: Why? by Busta(f): 9:22pm On Mar 02, 2008
everyone acts different around their friends.
Re: Why? by jgirl3: 9:35pm On Mar 02, 2008
@ Busta - guys are special in this case

@ topic - cos they are a bunch of knuckleheads who are ashamed of their romantic/soft sides in the presence of their friends.
Re: Why? by almondjoy(f): 9:36pm On Mar 02, 2008
@Topic

Because they lack maturity and sense of character. Concerned with what others think of them instead of what they think about themselves.

A phase most never come out of as you can see around you. kiss
Re: Why? by mjsroxs(f): 2:27am On Mar 03, 2008
@ almond joy
I agree, I know some guys that still do the whole mimic thing when someone turns around.
If you know what I mean cheesy

@ j-girl
If only they were more open cheesy

grin
Re: Why? by Dreloaded(f): 2:42am On Mar 03, 2008
mjsrox, why did you suddenly change your age from 12 to 19?
Re: Why? by mjsroxs(f): 2:44am On Mar 03, 2008
I didn't?
I haven't even messed why my profile yet?
Re: Why? by TheSly: 2:49am On Mar 03, 2008

I'm just wondering why guys act different around there friends?
because thats how it'z supposed to be and thats how God has mandated it to be. . . . . . cool
Re: Why? by Nobody: 9:09am On Mar 03, 2008
because when they meet the girl, they're putting their best foot forward and forget to show the other foot after a while. so the girl only sees their 'front'. when he's with friends, there's no 'i gotta look good so she'll like me' plan or strategy. or as j-girl put it, ashamed to show their romantic side in front of their friends - but i seriously doubt that. nigerian guys do not have a romantic side - they only have romantic fronts, acquired since teenage years as a ploy for getting girls.

funny, i prefer to date a guy who has known and treated me like any of the other guys/friends. so i can cuss him to pieces if he starts forming infront of his/our friends grin
Re: Why? by Easybaby(f): 12:33pm On Mar 03, 2008
D-reloaded:

mjsrox, why did you suddenly change your age from 12 to 19?

And this is one of the reasons guys act differently cheesy grin tongue
Re: Why? by iice(f): 4:59pm On Mar 03, 2008
All has been said

iceblue:

funny, i prefer to date a guy who has known and treated me like any of the other guys/friends. so i can cuss him to pieces if he starts forming infront of his/our friends grin

I feel you wink
My male friends sha na wah. . .no get censorship for mouth. . .sometimes i just have to leave them coz i don't want to be hearing their stories grin
Re: Why? by tommyex(m): 5:12pm On Mar 03, 2008
IICE
if i may ask,do u love colour purple that much that u type with it?
Jus curious if it aint prying that is>>>>
Re: Why? by iice(f): 5:28pm On Mar 03, 2008
Tommy,
I like some shades of the color but i wouldn't say i love it. . .
Re: Why? by tommyex(m): 5:30pm On Mar 03, 2008
Ok
u tend 2 become popular with d way u light up pages,lyk purple mean Iice is around.
Its ok though
easy
Re: Why? by iice(f): 5:34pm On Mar 03, 2008
Well you haven't complained yet about your eyes grin grin
Re: Why? by 2dye4(m): 5:36pm On Mar 03, 2008
thats right. me thinks the purple is kinda electrifying,

@iice: howdee, its bin awhile.
Re: Why? by tommyex(m): 5:36pm On Mar 03, 2008
I have changed eye glasses every other week since u came to NL grin
*Kiddin*
Can i ask another Q?
Re: Why? by iice(f): 5:41pm On Mar 03, 2008
2dye4, thank you cheesy
Yeah it's been awhile. . .you have been scarce. . .
I think we always jam in 'friday is near' threads tongue grin grin
How have you been?

@Tommy
Well you best be getting some good ol' sturdy shades tongue
Errhhh ask ahead. . .though no guarantee am gon' answer suitably (for you maybe) grin
Re: Why? by tommyex(m): 5:45pm On Mar 03, 2008
grin

I will see d optician soon to that effect!
hmm. . .
let me give it a shot,its very prim
whats ur ID about?
Re: Why? by iice(f): 5:51pm On Mar 03, 2008
You do that. . .make sure they are not so dorky. . .don't wanna end up looking like Erkel now would you? tongue

Errhhh it describes me undecided
Re: Why? by tommyex(m): 5:53pm On Mar 03, 2008
I will prefer 2 start up looking lyk dat and see how i end up cheesy

I knew u ll avoid d Q systematically but its ok was jus curious
Re: Why? by iice(f): 5:56pm On Mar 03, 2008
LMAO was that a hint? grin grin Good for you cheesy
Yeah. . .one of my finer qualities tongue
But if you understand it. . .you'l know it sorta fits me cheesy
Re: Why? by tommyex(m): 5:59pm On Mar 03, 2008
HINT??i dnt get dat 1,as in hint of how i look??

as per finer qualities,it can confuse me so i wont even think about it,
I know u cool bt not sure if its as 'Ice' wink
Re: Why? by iice(f): 6:02pm On Mar 03, 2008
Yes as in how you look
Well what is ice to you?
Re: Why? by tommyex(m): 6:05pm On Mar 03, 2008
ok cheesy

Ice block is ice 2 me
rigid,mean cold!! cheesy
Re: Why? by iice(f): 6:09pm On Mar 03, 2008
Well i wouldn't say a block of ice lol
More like a glacier grin
But cold yeah. . .yeah that is a part of me tongue
Re: Why? by tommyex(m): 6:11pm On Mar 03, 2008
Ohh
I now see why every1 is scared of u, cheesy.
Glaciers r even more dangerous.
At least i know u beta nownice exchanging words widya,i ll be off 2 read my book soon,i dont want dad 2 beat me cheesy
Re: Why? by jkpretty(f): 6:22pm On Mar 03, 2008
@topic
Why becos they don't want their friends to see them as not being in control. Some like to act like they don't care to their friends. But that's being immature. I've realized even to any age they do it, the gravity just differs.

Tell u something, my self & my boo recently just got back together after a little separation. His mum called me to ask me what happened. I explained to her. She called her son and asked him he said "she wasn't calling me so i decided not to call back". His mum called me back to confirm this & i told her straight that he has begged me & told me it was ego & pride. His mum just laughed. See how our men can be. undecided

(1) (2) (Reply)

You Found Out Ur Lover Cheated On U. What Next? / Dating A Nigerian Man Need Adivce (help) / What's Love ?

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 26
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.