Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,756 members, 7,820,626 topics. Date: Tuesday, 07 May 2024 at 06:28 PM

Dead Bodies Found Floating On Anambra River - Crime (7) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Crime / Dead Bodies Found Floating On Anambra River (30541 Views)

Dead Bodies Found In The Foundation Of A Building In Enugu (Photos) / SEE Dead Bodies Of Police Corporal, Inspector, Girlfriend Who All Died Over ‘lov / Coffins Bearing The Dead Bodies Of Indonesian Drug Convicts Get Buried (photos) (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Dead Bodies Found Floating On Anambra River by Nobody: 1:09am On Jan 21, 2013
babyosisi:

The people reporting are not pathologists
They are giving a gross description by novice eyes
[b]Signs of beatings will not be apparent on a decomposed swollen body don't you think?
[/b]I have given my own theory,what is yours rather than pick mine apart

I disagree with this.

You've got to be joking. How do you think forensics determine if a female ra/pe victim was beaten to death? Ever heard of forensics trying to determine which blunt object was used on a victim?

Physical abuse will show, but of course it will not heal.
Re: Dead Bodies Found Floating On Anambra River by Nobody: 2:17am On Jan 21, 2013
*Ileke-IdI:

I disagree with this.

You've got to be joking. How do you think forensics determine if a female ra/pe victim was beaten to death? Ever heard of forensics trying to determine which blunt object was used on a victim?

Physical abuse will show, but of course it will not heal.

Read me again,you did not understand me,your response tells me so
Re: Dead Bodies Found Floating On Anambra River by Nobody: 2:19am On Jan 21, 2013
logica: I am merely pointing out how ridiculous your "theories" are based on the reported conditions of the corpses. I am sorry, but I have no theories to offer. I am not in the business of forecasting or kalo-kalo. All I can tell is, based on the report, they cannot be victims of police extrajudicial killings.

At least I have a theory that makes sense,you have none and yet can dispute mine when you have no explanation for it
Laughable

None of the bodies have been examined by a pathologist for bullet wounds
There are other means of killing people without bullets and no visible injury will be seen,I have mentioned strangulation
The reports of no injuries were made by novices not pathologists
How do you think the bodies all males got here,I have given mine,take a guess,at least you can think through what you know and make intelligent guesses
You won't be arrested for trying
Re: Dead Bodies Found Floating On Anambra River by tpia5: 2:21am On Jan 21, 2013
Re: Dead Bodies Found Floating On Anambra River by Nobody: 2:33am On Jan 21, 2013
tpia@:
for all 40 bodies to have been dumped into the river at the same time, shows some level of haste, i should think?

there seems to be a sand excavator on the river banks- did it uncover a mass grave or something?

Jesus.

How can 40 corpses suddenly be discovered floating down a river in supposedly peacetime with no publicized war?

and how could 40 people be killed all at once with nobody hearing or reporting any suspicious activity anywhere?

are there any missing persons reports?

40 corpses all at once is suspicious granted

But a mass grave with only males?
That is why I suspect whatever it is has to do with male detainees of some sort
Re: Dead Bodies Found Floating On Anambra River by logica(m): 2:39am On Jan 21, 2013
babyosisi:

At least I have a theory that makes sense,I have mentioned strangulation
It seems you have a hard time reading. Your theory DOES NOT make sense. The police will not strangle victims of extrajudicial killings. How many of such have you heard of? Or will it be so difficult to see gunshot wounds on at least one of so many corpses? Or what kind of wound do you think an AK-47 will create on a body? A pin hole? Try again.
Re: Dead Bodies Found Floating On Anambra River by Nobody: 2:53am On Jan 21, 2013
logica: It seems you have a hard time reading. Your theory DOES NOT make sense. The police will not strangle victims of extrajudicial killings. How many of such have you heard of? Or will it be so difficult to see gunshot wounds on at least one of so many corpses? Or what kind of wound do you think an AK-47 will create on a body? A pin hole? Try again.

I can see you have nothing to say
Cheers
Re: Dead Bodies Found Floating On Anambra River by logica(m): 3:06am On Jan 21, 2013
babyosisi:

I can see you have nothing to say
Cheers
Hahahaha...after all I said.

OK once again you need lessons and I have a bit of time to teach you.

Firstly, killing by strangulation is not just an unpleasant way to die; the experience will also be unpleasant for the would be killer except:

1. He genuinely hates the victim; it is personal.
2. He is a sadistic killer.

To kill by strangulation requires being in close quarters with the victim unlike shooting with a gun which sort of makes the killing less personal.

Given the option of strangling or shooting, I can bet you Nigerian policemen would settle for the latter. While I know several of them could be sadists, I don't think they have the kind of patience to kill by strangulation.

Mind you, strangulation also requires the killer to be strong and patient. The killing is tedious and I do not expect anybody to have that kind of patience to wait for several minutes as the victims struggles till he dies. Now multiply that by the number of victims. Thirty?

If you insist, I will tell you the most likely killers were kidnappers. These may be victims kept for long in a camp; and the kidnappers for whatever reason decided to do away with them. I am sure kidnappers have no scruples and will murder people in anyway they decide to (including poisoning, drugs, strangulation...)
Re: Dead Bodies Found Floating On Anambra River by eaglechild: 4:13am On Jan 21, 2013
The simplest explanation is a capsized boat with bodies washed up later.
logica: Hahahaha...after all I said.

OK once again you need lessons and I have a bit of time to teach you.

Firstly, killing by strangulation is not just an unpleasant way to die; the experience will also be unpleasant for the would be killer except:

1. He genuinely hates the victim; it is personal.
2. He is a sadistic killer.

To kill by strangulation requires being in close quarters with the victim unlike shooting with a gun which sort of makes the killing less personal.

Given the option of strangling or shooting, I can bet you Nigerian policemen would settle for the latter. While I know several of them could be sadists, I don't think they have the kind of patience to kill by strangulation.

Mind you, strangulation also requires the killer to be strong and patient. The killing is tedious and I do not expect anybody to have that kind of patience to wait for several minutes as the victims struggles till he dies. Now multiply that by the number of victims. Thirty?

If you insist, I will tell you the most likely killers were kidnappers. These may be victims kept for long in a camp; and the kidnappers for whatever reason decided to do away with them. I am sure kidnappers have no scruples and will murder people in anyway they decide to (including poisoning, drugs, strangulation...)
Re: Dead Bodies Found Floating On Anambra River by bluerange(f): 4:19am On Jan 21, 2013
I have been to that area before. Sometime in 2008 as I and some folks from Amaenyi Awka went to check on some acres of land for possible projects. I can recollect the dense vegetation that borders the length of the river (to the extent I walked), shaded by tall bamboo plants. Person fit kill person there and go scot free (certainly not from God). I think that river borders Enugu and Anambra.
Re: Dead Bodies Found Floating On Anambra River by logica(m): 9:07am On Jan 21, 2013
eaglechild: The simplest explanation is a capsized boat with bodies washed up later.
But you can see the bodies are basically all in underwear. Why would they go boating naked?
Re: Dead Bodies Found Floating On Anambra River by blackbeau1(f): 11:47am On Jan 21, 2013
Igbo Kwenu. Blood money victims.
Re: Dead Bodies Found Floating On Anambra River by Nobody: 12:16pm On Jan 21, 2013
strangest:

if they were actually all males like you said, then there is a possibility that they went for oil bunkering

I have said it b4,i dont knw wat this people are arguing,someone told me his story of how he excaped from a bunkering raid,abt 15 of them were shot in water,he told me he survived cos he stayed under water with a life jacket(i dont knw how that is attainable o) .But that was his story,i cant say if its still the bodies floating cos this happened towards the end of dec..but i know the news will be similar.
Re: Dead Bodies Found Floating On Anambra River by Nobody: 12:18pm On Jan 21, 2013
black_beau: Igbo Kwenu. Blood money victims.
sharap
Re: Dead Bodies Found Floating On Anambra River by tpia5: 3:20pm On Jan 21, 2013
Re: Dead Bodies Found Floating On Anambra River by Nobody: 3:22pm On Jan 21, 2013
There is a news item that says that a police check point is at the supposed site of the dumping
The bodies were dumped on Friday,surfaced on Saturday in this community in large numbers so they were dumped near the community
But who are they,where did they come from and who dumped the already decomposing bodies there
People are thinking it came from a private mortuary disposing off unclaimed bodies
Why will a mortuary have all male bodies?
The communities around say there are no missing males,so where did these folks come from?
Are these detained Massob,Boko haram or militants killed by police?
Re: Dead Bodies Found Floating On Anambra River by tpia5: 3:46pm On Jan 21, 2013
This doesnt look like a police scenario.

Its extra judicial.
Re: Dead Bodies Found Floating On Anambra River by tpia5: 3:48pm On Jan 21, 2013
Re: Dead Bodies Found Floating On Anambra River by Nobody: 5:28am On Jan 23, 2013
An eyewitness commentator who saw the bodies tows my line,this is police handiwork,I said it but of course the investigations will go nowhere
Just reading the story it isn't hard to figure this out

AnonymousJanuary 20, 2013 at 9:22 PM
So many daft n doltish Neophytes portraying thr inexperience here. I wanted 2 keep quiet but i cn't. I live very close 2 whr dis happened coz i live in d outskirts of Awka. I went thr maself n i saw tinz ma self. Almost all d bodies hadn't thr clothes on n thr were really bullet wounds. Sum had thr hands binded @ thr back n were all men..(youths 2 be precise). D communities attested 2 d fact dat nbdy's missing among them.thr hasn't been any communal clash. So i ask d question: who cud hold such amt of men n nbdy was lukin 4 them?? J[b]udging 4rm d fact dat dis guyz were binded,stripped,n were all men. None of thr bdy part's missing..(ritualists excluded).[/b] They had gunshot wounds peeps!! I strongly blv dat those bodies were xtrajudicially killed. D police special force S***s cud hv a hand in dis infering on hw often peeps detained got unaccounted 4. Dem no get time 2 dig a massive grave; so they wanted d easy way. Just d oda day u read abt whr our police were trained,do u think an individual trained in such condition'll be able 2 point left 4rm right? Not 2 talk of knowing they r polluting abt 5 communities major source of water. I wonder hw life has bcum utterly meaningless in dis country. Dis is an immense crime n d govt shud hire special detectives to sniff dis gory incident out! Dn't involve our emptyheaded police in d inquest. Though,i wont rule d military out. Thnx.
Re: Dead Bodies Found Floating On Anambra River by raumdeuter: 9:53pm On Oct 20, 2022
bump

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (Reply)

Hashimu Mantu Assassinated! Ibrahim Mantu's Brother Killed In Plateau / Man Arrested For Raping His Wife's Sister For Years In Lagos / Policeman Kills Beauty Mc-Cleod, Tennis Star After Argument (Pictured)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 38
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.