Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,706 members, 7,820,467 topics. Date: Tuesday, 07 May 2024 at 03:29 PM

Meeting Him For The 1st Time--help - Romance - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Romance / Meeting Him For The 1st Time--help (4032 Views)

Ladies!! 5 Ways To Tell A Guy Is Serious About You Within 2 Days Of Meeting Him. / 5 Ways To Tell A Man Is Serious About You Within A Short While Of Meeting Him!! / Annoying Things Guys Do When Chatting With A Lady(1st Time) (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (Reply) (Go Down)

Meeting Him For The 1st Time--help by Nobody: 6:33am On Jan 20, 2013
After a year of online dating, phone calls, skyping, I am about to meet him for the 1st time. Im so super nervous. Do I kiss him at the airport? Do I wait for him to kiss me? Hes a Muslim Nigerian and Im an american christian. I worry and second guess myself every day whether or not our relationship with work once he gets here Does he truely love me or is he just using me for the visa like my whole family says? We have talked about being together forever and filing for a K1 visa which means we must get married once he gets here.However he has yet to propose and has not asked for any ring size. During this week I am about to spend with him. Should I expect a proposal with a ring? Or do I need to get out of this fairy tale of a life I want to live? We are actually meeting in another country and not in his homeland. Can someone please give me some advice?
Re: Meeting Him For The 1st Time--help by martyns303(m): 6:50am On Jan 20, 2013
Not again cry

6 Likes

Re: Meeting Him For The 1st Time--help by Nobody: 7:08am On Jan 20, 2013
Why not again?
Re: Meeting Him For The 1st Time--help by UjSizzle(f): 7:10am On Jan 20, 2013
This is the perfect opportunity to get to know him really well. Find out his plans n who he really is outside the internet.
Be normal. Act like you're meeting a friend and not a lover..no lovey dovey girl.
No s.ex. It'd be as good as falling in bed with a man u just met. Your wapmance doesn't count as a meet.
And most importantly, be open minded. Assess your relationship(or whatever this is) properly, if he's just using you, there's bound to be a slip up somewhere. Take advantage of the slightest hint you get n try not to pass it off for nothing.
If you feel he's genuine then you need to discuss serious ish then.
Lastly, think with your head and not just your heart. Take your time, there's no rush.

Wish you all the best.

6 Likes

Re: Meeting Him For The 1st Time--help by Nobody: 7:21am On Jan 20, 2013
Thank you Sizzle! Thats great advice and I will definitely take it all in mind.

1 Like

Re: Meeting Him For The 1st Time--help by Dyt(f): 8:38am On Jan 20, 2013
Hmmmmmm
I sense sincerity tho but be very careful, men are smtyms unpredictable
Wish u luck gal

Don't want no catfish, tilapia, otapiapia seller story no more o

2 Likes

Re: Meeting Him For The 1st Time--help by Afam4eva(m): 8:41am On Jan 20, 2013
Just don't come and tell us that he's a terrorist.

4 Likes

Re: Meeting Him For The 1st Time--help by EzePromoe: 8:46am On Jan 20, 2013
OP, not only kissing him, bite him too.
Re: Meeting Him For The 1st Time--help by Nobody: 9:03am On Jan 20, 2013
Another catfish!

grin grin

*following thread****

1 Like

Re: Meeting Him For The 1st Time--help by Nobody: 9:09am On Jan 20, 2013
I must say we naija guys are quite good at this internet romance thing. Pretty suave. cheesy

3 Likes

Re: Meeting Him For The 1st Time--help by claremont(m): 12:04pm On Jan 20, 2013
It takes a genius to make a lady travel a 1000 miles to meet someone she met online.

1 Like

Re: Meeting Him For The 1st Time--help by Nobody: 12:54pm On Jan 20, 2013
claremont: It takes a genius to make a lady travel a 1000 miles to meet someone she met online.

It's the guy traveling to the US, not the other way around.

And one other little detail...the guy is getting a visa out of it too wink.
Re: Meeting Him For The 1st Time--help by Amya(f): 1:04pm On Jan 20, 2013
^^^she says they'll meet in a neutral country. So it's the two of them making the big gesture of being together.

@OP. I really hopes it works. I believe most women have feminine intuition. So look deep and not just in the periphery to determine if he wants you for you or for the papers.
Re: Meeting Him For The 1st Time--help by Idowuogbo(f): 1:24pm On Jan 20, 2013
uj_sizzle: This is the perfect opportunity to get to know him really well. Find out his plans n who he really is outside the internet.
Be normal. Act like you're meeting a friend and not a lover..no lovey dovey girl.
No s.ex. It'd be as good as falling in bed with a man u just met. Your wapmance doesn't count as a meet.
And most importantly, be open minded. Assess your relationship(or whatever this is) properly, if he's just using you, there's bound to be a slip up somewhere. Take advantage of the slightest hint you get n try not to pass it off for nothing.
If you feel he's genuine then you need to discuss serious ish then.
Lastly, think with your head and not just your heart. Take your time, there's no rush.

Wish you all the best.
More like d perfect time to act his scripts.na2day? Abegi!
Re: Meeting Him For The 1st Time--help by lolaluv1(f): 6:03pm On Jan 20, 2013
^@id
I once chanced upon an internet-romance talk between a naija guy and one of dem chinkos.
Gosh. It was appalling. A human couldn't stoop lower than that guy did. The chinko was a hot type. Calling fire and brimstone on his head for a mistake he did while he kept typing: I'm sorry, baby. I love you!
Tua!
If na naija gel, dem go dey open eyes....

@op.
You sabi wetin 'shine ya eye' mean?

It means, look before you leap!
Re: Meeting Him For The 1st Time--help by Idowuogbo(f): 6:21pm On Jan 20, 2013
lola.luv:
^@id
I once chanced upon an internet-romance talk between a naija guy and one of dem chinkos.
Gosh. It was appalling. A human couldn't stoop lower than that guy did. The chinko was a hot type. Calling fire and brimstone on his head for a mistake he did while he kept typing: I'm sorry, baby. I love you!
Tua!
If na naija gel, dem go dey open eyes....

@op.
You sabi wetin 'shine ya eye' mean?

It means, look before you leap!
grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin
Re: Meeting Him For The 1st Time--help by Mr1234(m): 6:40pm On Jan 20, 2013
Good for you girl. No wahala as long as...

Its a NIGERIAN man!
Re: Meeting Him For The 1st Time--help by Nobody: 6:53pm On Jan 20, 2013
Dont worry, Nigerian man will do anything for you cheesy cheesy cheesy cheesy. But hey Watch your back o
Re: Meeting Him For The 1st Time--help by kittykat1(f): 7:00pm On Jan 20, 2013
Naija men too like opportunities. There are some with conscience though. Even if its for the visa, they will still be faithful partners.
Re: Meeting Him For The 1st Time--help by AZeD1(m): 7:11pm On Jan 20, 2013
OP the best way to find out if he is using you for the visa, is to tell ask him how you will fit in Nigeria because if you get married, he won't get his papers for 5 years because of new immigration laws.

1 Like

Re: Meeting Him For The 1st Time--help by Konnektions146(m): 7:34pm On Jan 20, 2013
for the fact that he has not proposed shows some sense of maturity and sincerity(i could be wrong)

but OP, open yur mind and act as if yu have nothin to offer. make sure yu pay attention to every detail but dont be quick to makin any conclusion.

if its wat i wish he would be, he wouldnt talk abt citizenship with u in dis first visit,
he wouldnt propose
he wouldnt rush to know abt certain materialistic/financial capabilities and how its gonna benefit him.

As i wish yu de best., be smart!
Re: Meeting Him For The 1st Time--help by Nobody: 8:46pm On Jan 20, 2013
Im definite its not a catfish for we actually see each other on skype everyday for hours upon hours. I think that being a woman I want this fairy tale of love story and everyone i know is against us meeting. Mainly because the only way for him to move here is if we meet first. I have looked into all types of visa's so I don't have to travel anywhere. I do not have the money to be going to meet him more often and he is the one paying for the trip for me to come there. I feel as though I know everything about him. But I also think he has secrets that hes not willing to share. Yes Im a girl and we like to talk. I am assuming it a Man thing that they don't like to talk as much.
As time gets closer to us meeting I am getting so nervous, Even though he has seen me over skype what if I get there and he doesn't like me? Im a big girl and hes never been with a bigger woman. He says it doesn't bother him, But does it really not bother nigerian men to be with bigger women??
Re: Meeting Him For The 1st Time--help by Nobody: 8:49pm On Jan 20, 2013
BoboYekini: I must say we naija guys are quite good at this internet romance thing. Pretty suave. cheesy

As I know alot of *What goes on* there. You kinda have to be don't you? Which is another reason it scares me
Re: Meeting Him For The 1st Time--help by tpia5: 8:52pm On Jan 20, 2013
we've heard of "good muslim", "happy muslim", now we're introduced to the "nigerian muslim".
Re: Meeting Him For The 1st Time--help by Nobody: 8:59pm On Jan 20, 2013
tpia@:
we've heard of "good muslim, "happy muslim", now we're introduced to the "nigerian muslim".
I wasnt trying to set that as a stereo type. I just know there are Christians and Muslims in Nigeria. I just wanted to let it be clear that he was of different religion than I am and wondered how that might affect our relationship once he gets to usa if he is raised with a different aspect of culture and religion.
Re: Meeting Him For The 1st Time--help by sanchez4eva: 9:48pm On Jan 20, 2013
Escosbaby lemme give it to you straight...many nigerian guys are looking for every means necessary to get a visa so it may be his plan however many others have found love thru the internet...If you are convinced that he is right for you then don't allow anyone stop you from being happy...just be careful....P.S many Nigerian men love big women...we don't like bones..lol
Re: Meeting Him For The 1st Time--help by tpia5: 9:58pm On Jan 20, 2013
Escosbaby:
I wasnt trying to set that as a stereo type. I just know there are Christians and Muslims in Nigeria. I just wanted to let it be clear that he was of different religion than I am and wondered how that might affect our relationship once he gets to usa if he is raised with a different aspect of culture and religion.

oh, ok, i didnt get any of that from your original post.

besides, before, it used to be just nigerian man, so i was surprised to see its now nigerian muslim.
Re: Meeting Him For The 1st Time--help by sara2007: 11:25pm On Jan 20, 2013
@OP deception for visa purposes should be the least of your problems. Google Cynthia Osokogu. Be carefula.
Re: Meeting Him For The 1st Time--help by Nobody: 2:50am On Jan 21, 2013
sara2007: @OP deception for visa purposes should be the least of your problems. Google Cynthia Osokogu. Be carefula.

Thank you for your concern. I am aware of Cynthia's story, however I don't believe that is the same. Im not a model and I won't be travelling to Lagos. My story is more of love and how things will be the 1st time we meet. Things I should do or not do during the 1st visit before moving him here to me.
Re: Meeting Him For The 1st Time--help by Ike77503(m): 4:31am On Jan 21, 2013
the person that posted this topic is NOT AN AMERICAN ! i'll bet my wealth on it...because I dated American girls for 15 years and read alot of there writings, it doesnt sound like this at all...this is a Naija tone. however, i'll contribute my 2 cents to the topic at hand...Have an open mind and ask any question that you may have...i know 2 nigerians in HOUSTON that found love over the internet and they are both happily married with kids.infact, the AMERICAN wife goes to Nigeria un-accompanied to see her mother-in-law. so take your chances...if you are bigger No QUALMS, ALOT of naija men like MEAT...just make sure you dress well and carry the meat well.

(1) (2) (Reply)

Stretch Marks:a Huge Turnoff? / How I Changed My Perception About Being 'just Friends' With The Opposite Sex / RUNS BABES CODE

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 62
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.