Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,151,842 members, 7,813,838 topics. Date: Tuesday, 30 April 2024 at 07:37 PM

Good Things Your Exes Taught You? - Romance (3) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Romance / Good Things Your Exes Taught You? (7839 Views)

How To Handle Your Exes After Marriage. / Handling Your Exes After Marriage / Sending Your Pictures To Your Exes At Their Requests. Would You? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Good Things Your Exes Taught You? by sexybash(f): 1:19pm On Jan 21, 2013
he tot me how to be not just gold digger but diamond miner, i now ask for recharge card even if i have 3k on my fone, i now pack food from my boyfreind house even if my pantry is full, he tot me on how not to date a jobless and poor man, and beliving in prospect its all a farce, as for me am now in the train of i want now or never grin

1 Like

Re: Good Things Your Exes Taught You? by mrscolite(f): 1:52pm On Jan 21, 2013
Taught me not to dey carry my problems for face...putting off my phones&bn depressed no dey solve nada!
Re: Good Things Your Exes Taught You? by Andybaby: 3:29pm On Jan 21, 2013
taught me to stop eating in mama put or fast foods, now I cook my food. she taught me not to try correcting a lady becos she frowns at correction
Re: Good Things Your Exes Taught You? by Rebsy(f): 3:47pm On Jan 21, 2013
2legit2qwt: I was cooking earlier and realized I used less grease now than I did some years ago and I thought to myself “this is definitely something I learned from someone"

Once I figured out it was something that I learned from an ex, I thought about other positive takeaways from past relationships which I believe has made me a better person today

I know the word "ex" carries negative connotations for a lot of people and rightly so if we’re to go by some experiences

With that said, you must have learned something good from your past relationships (except your ex is Ileke Idi tongue)

Some good things I learned from mine off the top of my head

1. I cook better and use less grease than I did in the past (healthier)

2 Being in a relationship doesn't necessarily mean it will lead to marriage. I think at the back of my mind nothing lasts "forever"

3. I now know how to deal with confrontational situations better

4. I don’t have to settle for less and I will not

5. Every time I win in an argument with my partner, my relationship loses

6. If it ain't worth it, I let it go before it gets serious
1-4 n many more. He really brought out da best in me! God bless u n ur family David Alao!
Re: Good Things Your Exes Taught You? by DExplorer1: 3:51pm On Jan 21, 2013
Sagamite:

Now I understand you have no-girl experience.
You've got a slot. Follow my lead cool
Re: Good Things Your Exes Taught You? by Sagamite(m): 5:02pm On Jan 21, 2013
D-Explorer:

You've got a slot. Follow my lead cool

I still want to be prolific at hitting it, I am not ready to follow lead to celibacy.

I love my life.
Re: Good Things Your Exes Taught You? by blackbeau1(f): 5:06pm On Jan 21, 2013
I learnt patience from him and how to pair colours when dressing
Re: Good Things Your Exes Taught You? by DExplorer1: 5:36pm On Jan 21, 2013
Sagamite:

I still want to be prolific at hitting it, I am not ready to follow lead to celibacy.

I love my life.
BMG cool
Re: Good Things Your Exes Taught You? by naomynaikeyz: 6:20pm On Jan 21, 2013
H̶̲̥̅̊a̶̲̥̅̊v̶̲̥̅̊e̶̲̥̅̊ alwez bn ⌣̊┈̥-̶̯͡»̶̥D̶̲̥̅̊a teacher... But wait which of them I̶̲̥̅̊n̶̲̥̅̊ particular L̳̿Ö̤̣̇☺L̳̿‎​
Re: Good Things Your Exes Taught You? by Mcleo007(m): 6:22pm On Jan 21, 2013
My ex taught me how not to love truly; that "I love you" are mere words and conjectures.
Re: Good Things Your Exes Taught You? by Kgdavid(m): 6:39pm On Jan 21, 2013
been in this wierd kinda relationship with a girl...we werent dating but we were close and i tried to make things work with her but... anyway i learnt a lot as well:

1. Never be hasty in letting yourself love someone until you are sure you have something worth fighting for... love never comes good without a proper fight

2. Never give in to the extremes of your emotions. if your emotions are running high either positively or negatively u r liable to say something you will regret.

3. never let other people get involved in your relationship

4. Never go out of your way to do anything you think is the right thing to do if that action is not coming from the real you. if you have to do something just because you have heard someone say that it should be done that way then you are walking a flaming tight rope. this can range from ignoring her because you think it will make her miss you to refusing to complain about something because it will lead to a fight.

5. no matter how much you think yu love a girl and she is the one for you, you can and will eventually get over her. and then u'll wonder what the fuss was all about and then u'll meet someone else that makes you feel the same way and then you realize that it is all vanity...a mere blowing of the wind.

6. falling in love reciprocally is an indescribable feeling. helps one make sense out of marriage to some extent

as for practical skills she didnt teach me anything
Re: Good Things Your Exes Taught You? by lythia: 7:34pm On Jan 21, 2013
some exs are virtualy stupid cos attimes dey dnt even add anytin positive to ur life,instead dey cme to steal,kil nd destroy

1 Like

Re: Good Things Your Exes Taught You? by Tgirl4real(f): 8:49pm On Jan 21, 2013
He taught me there's such thing as an unconditional love. kiss kiss

Not selfish at all.
Re: Good Things Your Exes Taught You? by victorian(f): 8:52pm On Jan 21, 2013
One of my exes , taught me to learn on how to live a free life, cause one cannot please everybody.. People will view you, the way they wish to... And lastly trust no one. sad sad but true.. While another one practically gave me years of torments, it took the grace of God to heal my broken heart.. Thank God, am past all that..!!
Re: Good Things Your Exes Taught You? by honeeyplum(f): 9:06pm On Jan 21, 2013
1. Brush every night before I go to bed
2.Never say things I don't mean coz U̶̲̥̅̊ don't know U̶̲̥̅̊ ll believe it
3.Sex is not evrytyn
4.Love is not always enough
Re: Good Things Your Exes Taught You? by 2legit2qwt: 9:12pm On Jan 21, 2013
Kgdavid: been in this wierd kinda relationship with a girl...we werent dating but we were close and i tried to make things work with her but... anyway i learnt a lot as well:

1. Never be hasty in letting yourself love someone until you are sure you have something worth fighting for... love never comes good without a proper fight

2. Never give in to the extremes of your emotions. if your emotions are running high either positively or negatively u r liable to say something you will regret.

3. never let other people get involved in your relationship

4. Never go out of your way to do anything you think is the right thing to do if that action is not coming from the real you. if you have to do something just because you have heard someone say that it should be done that way then you are walking a flaming tight rope. this can range from ignoring her because you think it will make her miss you to refusing to complain about something because it will lead to a fight.

5. no matter how much you think yu love a girl and she is the one for you, you can and will eventually get over her. and then u'll wonder what the fuss was all about and then u'll meet someone else that makes you feel the same way and then you realize that it is all vanity...a mere blowing of the wind.

6. falling in love reciprocally is an indescribable feeling. helps one make sense out of marriage to some extent

as for practical skills she didnt teach me anything

I can totally relate with these. It's weird looking back at the initial feeling you had when you feel you can't live wihtout someone only to realize, you can do it and even be happpier. Maybe they're typical characteristics of humans
Re: Good Things Your Exes Taught You? by 2legit2qwt: 9:16pm On Jan 21, 2013
Tgirl4real: He taught me there's such thing as an unconditional love. kiss kiss

Not selfish at all.

Do you mind telling what happened if you found such rarity with him?
You're fortunate to have met such a person in your life smiley
Re: Good Things Your Exes Taught You? by Osareime(f): 9:23pm On Jan 21, 2013
My ex taught me too many things I can't even to mention. He showed me what true love is.

I still hate myself for losing him.

The lady that ends up with him would be the luckiest on earth. I would always envy her cos I would know she has the best there is.
Re: Good Things Your Exes Taught You? by Nobody: 10:10pm On Jan 21, 2013
2legit2qwt:

I can totally relate with these. It's weird looking back at the initial feeling you had when you feel you can't live without someone only to realize, you can do it and even be happier. Maybe they're typical characteristics of humans

There is. It's called the hedonistic treadmill (hedonic adaptation). We usually return to our genetic level of happiness after a period of 3 months after a tragic or depressing event. If you're naturally a happy person, it won't take you long to snap back to that happiness. If you're genetically depressed, even a million dollars lottery hit won't make you happy for long.

I'm generally a happy person. So if shoit hits the fan today, trust me by next week I'd be as happy as I was yesterday.

*This is backed by Psychological studies*
Re: Good Things Your Exes Taught You? by sweetguy10(m): 12:32am On Jan 22, 2013
Damilola ...hmmmm one nasty dick-worshipper she is he he he she taught me :

The verious ways to satisfy a lady (sexually of course )

She taught me how to eventually eat Okro (used to hate it with passion)

She taught me that a WOMAN can never be satisfied! Even with my 9.3 inches cock this Dickliver twist is always begging for more ...

Naughty as she is, she is an Intelligent girl (dunno how) so I learnt a lot from her ....
Re: Good Things Your Exes Taught You? by 2legit2qwt: 12:50am On Jan 22, 2013
Lol @ sweetguy10's Damilola grin

Ileke-IdI:

There is. It's called the hedonistic treadmill (hedonic adaptation). We usually return to our genetic level of happiness after a period of 3 months after a tragic or depressing event. If you're naturally a happy person, it won't take you long to snap back to that happiness. If you're genetically depressed, even a million dollars lottery hit won't make you happy for long.

I'm generally a happy person. So if shoit hits the fan today, trust me by next week I'd be as happy as I was yesterday.

*This is backed by Psychological studies*

Psychologist in the house yo cheesy

That's quite interesting though, never heard of that term before. I guess it's a phase we all go through towards recovery

You get sense small tongue
Re: Good Things Your Exes Taught You? by Tgirl4real(f): 8:54am On Jan 22, 2013
2legit2qwt:
Do you mind telling what happened if you found such rarity with him?
You're fortunate to have met such a person in your life smiley

I would say rather unfortunate as he has become an Ex. Nufin much to share. The feeling was pure n natural. And I learnt religion, distance, age, colour, status is no barrier to love. Where ever you find it, it can blossom.

Another of my 'ex' advised me to stop hiding my feelings. That I should learn to open up.
Re: Good Things Your Exes Taught You? by smalmata(m): 11:47am On Jan 22, 2013
jhydebaba: She taught me to wash my mouth once I get out of bed every morning.

I love kissing so much but she won't give it to me unless I brush my mouth in the morning

Eeya! My Lovely,Beautiful & Wonderful Susan gives it to me anytime,anyhow. Morning Sex which involves loads of Kisses (cos I too love Kissing;esp wit a good kisser) was a norm during the lifetime(1yr+) of the rltnshp.
I choose to comment on this ur post just to let you know that if a boy & a girl so mch love themselves,u guys wld brk laws. Iv also dated gals dt I dint love,& I wldnt dare kiss her witout brushing,it irritates, but with Susan;we went all the wayyyyyy....(Smiling). I bless her wherever she is & I hop she marries a Good guy who'l treat her as d Queen dat she is.

NB: Hahahahahahah!!! I know u guys wana knw wat ended d affair
--Religious Diff--
She's Igbo,Christian,I'm Hausa,Muslim.
I told her we cld work it out,bt she knew better,so she moved.(I beg tire o bt she no gree).
Re: Good Things Your Exes Taught You? by kandiikane(m): 4:08pm On Jan 22, 2013
Ileke-IdI:
1. Able to detect when someone is trying to physically and mentally mold you into another being.

2. Sharpened my instinct. If my mind sees all the wrong signs, there's a reason why.

This one.
Re: Good Things Your Exes Taught You? by kandiikane(m): 4:24pm On Jan 22, 2013
1. Learn to love myself

2. Talk about how I feel

3. Use my head instead-get to know the person really well and wait a few weeks or something after starting a new relationship. grin

6. When in a relationship, it means one guy only. grin

5. Pet names, touchy feely are all helpful in a relationship.

5. If you want it, say it.
Re: Good Things Your Exes Taught You? by Maya2pretty(f): 7:31pm On Jan 22, 2013
1, Never to let anyone intimidate me.
2, To always think before I react.
3, Not to b shy in bed but let myself gooooo
4, That sex can actually b very very pleasurable.
5, Never to go 2 bed without a bath no matter how dead tired I am or how cold d weather is.
6, Never 2 b quiet wit my needs, say it whom it may concern
Re: Good Things Your Exes Taught You? by Maya2pretty(f): 7:47pm On Jan 22, 2013
[quote author=smal mata]
Eeya! My Lovely,Beautiful & Wonderful Susan gives it to me anytime,anyhow. Morning Sex which involves loads of Kisses (cos I too love Kissing;esp wit a good kisser) was a norm during the lifetime(1yr+) of the rltnshp.
I choose to comment on this ur post just to let you know that if a boy & a girl so mch love themselves,u guys wld brk laws. Iv also dated gals dt I dint love,& I wldnt dare kiss her witout brushing,it irritates, but with Susan;we went all the wayyyyyy....(Smiling)
Re: Good Things Your Exes Taught You? by Maya2pretty(f): 7:55pm On Jan 22, 2013
embarassedSorry guys but I wanted to reply someone, I quoted his post thinkin dat was d right option and I still couldn't reply embarassedSorry guys but I wanted to reply someone, I quoted his post thinkin dat was d right option and I still couldn't reply

(1) (2) (3) (Reply)

Stretch Marks On The Bum, Sexy Or Irritating / Evil Temptations: My House Maid Is Tempting Me, What Should I Do? / Best Foods For Bigger Butt. A very important asset you need!

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 46
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.