Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,194,194 members, 7,953,699 topics. Date: Thursday, 19 September 2024 at 11:54 PM

Imolites, Is This True? - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Imolites, Is This True? (884 Views)

Imolites Storm Freedom Falls; Appreciate Gov. Okorocha (photos) / A Group Of Imolites Protests Against Jega / Imolites Are Difficult To Govern – Okorocha (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Imolites, Is This True? by Nobody: 7:00am On Jan 21, 2013
Clown-in-Charge At The Douglas House By Prof. Edward Oparaoji

In August 2011, while assessing Gov. Rochas Okorocha administration’s first 100 days in office, I wrote a widely published article titled “Rescue Mission for Rochas” in which I stated that “The euphoria that greeted the expulsion of Ikedi Ohakim from and the election of Rochas Okorocha to the Douglas House Owerri, Imo State, on May 29, 2011, has quickly fizzled out.

Replaced with bewilderment, astonishment and disbelief, as Imolites watch Rochas self-destruct. I was unable to find any record of any leader that has sunk so precipitously in popularity, in so short a time - Not even by the standards of the dictatorships he appears to mimic!”

Most defenders of Gov. Okorocha cried foul saying it was too soon to judge him, even with the very early obvious blinding clueless neon-signs showing him headed in the wrong direction. Some of my observations then included, his wrong decisions to rescind those 10,000 jobs created by his predecessor intended to refresh the State’s aging civil service with young graduates; firing of those “elected” local government chairmen; brazen interference with management of educational, town unions and traditional rulers’ institutions; creation of unconstitutional administrative structures and appointing his minions “otimkpus” (Praise Singers) as advisers for everything that exists; and the daily drumbeat and unending campaign against his predecessor Gov. Ikedi Ohakim’s legacy, at a time critical for him to firmly establish a governing doctrine.

I, also, described his performance then as “visible with little substance”. Fast forward to today,has anything changed? Yes. They have not only gotten worse, but we now also know he is sadly a clown! A clueless clown! How else would you characterize a governor who governs by weekly paid advertorial on AIT television, of totally irrelevant and obscenely wasteful events, such as birthday, daughter’s wedding, social eventsthat add no value to the quality of life of Imolites? How else would you characterize a governor whose idea of development is the nonstrategic proliferation of hotels and brothels, pronouncement of policy initiatives without follow up, such as his hollow free education, haphazard construction of roads,hospitals, and schools? How else would you characterize a governor who fraudulently recruited contractors without mobilization and payment, in violation of the Procurement Act thus financially incapacitating the contractors, and the commuters who find plying the roads now worse than ever?

How else would you characterize a governor of Imo State who secretly concessioned out public hospitals in Imo State to a Kaduna based company (Lantech Solutions Ltd., reportedly run by a friend of his Dr. Ibrahim)? How else would you characterize a governor who is lawless, who despite several courtverdicts directing him to allow “elected” (although flawed) local government council chairmen to run the affairs of the councils, Gov. Okorocha refused to cooperate, he continued cornering and appropriating theirresources thus crippling activities of the 27 LGAs?

How else would you characterize a governor of Imo State who thinks it is a great idea to introduce a non Igbo culture of doling out free money, not earned, such as the doling out of free One Hundred Naira (N100.00)monthly to primary school pupils rather than make them earn it through various forms of competition, creative projects or other productive endeavors? How else would you characterize a governor who within one year, has changed the Vice-Chancellor of Imo State University three times, thereby impeding scholarship, academic freedom and discipline? How else would you characterize a governor whose news worthiness are when he is fraudulently grabbing lands, selfishly relocating commercial and public facilities and creating confusion at local levels with his ill-advised so called 4th tier of government? How else would you characterize a governor who comingles affairs of his questionable Rochas Foundation with Imo State Affairs? How else would you characterize a governor who unilaterally declared a 2 week paid Christmas holidays for civil servants with the consequential impact on productivity? How else would you characterize a governor whose glaring accomplishments, halfway through his first term, are lack of governing vision, chaos, planlessness, bogus projects and converting the State into Rochas Inc.?

Finally, how else would you characterize a governor who recently made a circus show out of a legitimate effort to probe his predecessor, by prejudicing his investigation by politically declaring his target guilty before constituting the panel of inquiry?

Well you know my generous opinion already- a Clown is in charge at the Douglas House, but no one seems to be laughing. Godhelp us!

-Edward Oparaoji, Philadelphia USA

http://saharareporters.com/article/clown-charge-douglas-house-prof-edward-oparaoji
Re: Imolites, Is This True? by MrGlobe(m): 7:18am On Jan 21, 2013
Lol. Truly Rochas is a clown.. wtf. but I'll give him a pass, he has transformed owerri in a short while. I however don't think Rochas is 200% mentally ok, some of his decisions like the festival of his birthday and those AIT stuff the writer said makes me think so. He is far better than his predecessor anyway.
Re: Imolites, Is This True? by banki(m): 8:52am On Jan 21, 2013
when sahara reporters publish articles or bring out stories that dont sound good in the eyes and ears of mr sincere nigerian he critises and calls them names, now its against the opposition he is quick to start a thread....

IMO PEOPLE REJECT PDP they REJECT OHAKIM and theres nothing you can do about it

2 Likes

Re: Imolites, Is This True? by GARRIx7(m): 10:50am On Jan 21, 2013
@Silly9gerian: The foul-smelling odour of ur hypocrisy keeps increasing in intensity...

Is this not thesame SR you villified as being a tool in the hands of the opposition!!

H to the Y to the P O C R I T E!!!

cheesy cheesy
Re: Imolites, Is This True? by wesley80(m): 10:54am On Jan 21, 2013
GARRI (x7):
@Silly9gerian: The foul-smelling odour of ur hypocrisy keeps increasing in intensity...

Is this not thesame SR you villified as being a tool in the hands of the opposition!!

cheesy cheesy

If you had half a brain you would've noticed the write-up is a mere contribution from an ordinary citizen like you and I and not one of them Sawawa Reporters "exclusive" trash.
Re: Imolites, Is This True? by Nobody: 12:42pm On Jan 21, 2013
GARRI (x7):

cheesy cheesy
I just copied and pasted an article written by someone. I neither added nor removed anything from the article. How does that make me a hypocrite? It is left for whoever is interested in the article to confirm or refute what the author wrote. Where then is the hypocrisy? What has PDP, APGA or whatever party got to do with this?

This does not change the fact that SR (Punch and Nations) is anti-GEJ.
Re: Imolites, Is This True? by PointB: 12:59pm On Jan 21, 2013
If it's about terminating the 10,000 jobs mischievously or maliciously create weeks before the expiration of ohakim's tenure or the council chairmen 'elected' against courts decision, I am afraid the writer has no case.

I am curious as to what consitute haphard construction of roads and hospitals, and Schools? Perhaps he shouldn't construct them? The other day I saw a list of Imo State contractors and the mobilisation fee posted here on Nairaland. I think the writer is paid hack, and the Op is on his own here!
Re: Imolites, Is This True? by Nobody: 1:18pm On Jan 21, 2013
banki: when sahara reporters publish articles or bring out stories that dont sound good in the eyes and ears of mr sincere nigerian he critises and calls them names, now its against the opposition he is quick to start a thread....

IMO PEOPLE REJECT PDP they REJECT OHAKIM and theres nothing you can do about it
what more can i say? you have indeed said it all.haters will continue to hate while Rochas continues to put smiles on the faces of Imolites.I travelled to Imo State,Orlu which is my local government has transformed tremendously.infact i couldnt remember the way to my village.For the past one and the half years in my village,no electricity because of the refurbished transformer given to my community by the pdp led government of the past local government chairman who is my relation,Eze Chukwudi Mayor.Now with a new transformer, my village can boast of 17hrs light,all thanks to Rochas's government.My kid brother is on scholarship courtesy of Rochas.My community is indeed proud and happy to be a beneficiary of Rochas Government.We will surely vote for him in the next Gubernatorial election. cool cool

(1) (Reply)

Despite Dino Melaye’s Rejection, I’m A Fulfilled Woman – Bisi Ibidapo-obe / All Ministers Must Be PDP Members - Tukur / Boko Haram Amnesty - Militants To Resume Hostilities Dump Present Amnesty.

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 25
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.