Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,502 members, 7,819,823 topics. Date: Tuesday, 07 May 2024 at 01:16 AM

The Challenges Of Being A Nigerian Nurse - Health (5) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Health / The Challenges Of Being A Nigerian Nurse (26232 Views)

Family Of Dead Nigerian Nurse On The Run / Nigerian Nurse With Ebola Dead / Nigerian Nurse's Licence Withdrawn In Uk For Calling On Jesus For Help! (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: The Challenges Of Being A Nigerian Nurse by JoannaSedley(f): 10:36am On Jan 24, 2013
And the war continues. A supposed professional callling another professionals dunce, people with low IQ surely has a low self esteem and strong inferiority complex.
Analysing both professions : in terms of years;
medicine - 3yrs medicine and 3yrs surgery.
Nursing - 3yrs nursing and 2yrs midwifery and public health.
Pharmacy - 6yrs

Doctors diagnosis and prescribe drugs, pharmacist produces and dispenses drugs, and nurses administer drugs and nurse(care). It is a clear cut stuff. None can work without the other. Since doctors diagnoses the problem it leads to the assumption that they are the head, (it is still a debate until all the other professionals accept until then doctors are not). Doctors lobbies a lot about positions both political and medical. Doctors make themselves head that is why there will continue to be problems in the health sector. Doctors support the healthcare bill while others do not. They have their own salary because they work too much (fine) but what about dictating to the government what other professionals should earn (unfair and soo arrogant) . Some doctors are cool but some select few are among the challenges facing nigerian health sector.

3 Likes

Re: The Challenges Of Being A Nigerian Nurse by drmat: 10:47am On Jan 24, 2013
This is all just funny to me. It still comes down to complex issue. I guess anybody ever admitted whether literate or not can tell a compassionate nurse from an arrogant one as well as a good doctor from a bad one. There are decent and good nurses out there but they are really few; trust me I come from a family of doctors and nurses. Mosttimes when you go to review a patient in the ward, the nurse on duty would do nothing to help you with carrying out that duty. Many will go as far as making it difficult for you by refusing to release things you would require to review such patients. The only way to change public perception about your job is to do it the way it ought to be done. If you want a doctor's job, go to med school!
Re: The Challenges Of Being A Nigerian Nurse by MrTumble: 10:49am On Jan 24, 2013
@
Re: The Challenges Of Being A Nigerian Nurse by ayusco: 10:51am On Jan 24, 2013
Hmmm interesting topic first off the bat what being a nurse or doctor boils down to is ultimately the welfare of the patient. Now I have huge respect for both noble professions but like everything in nigeria today generally standards have fallen and you can't expect nurses or doctors to be exempt. That said from the patients point of view a lot of nigerian nurses(mind you some are angels salt of the earth) behaviour leave a lot to be desired. Rude to patients insultive rebuking patients for vomiting howling in pain general lack of empathy(and iv not even mentioned imcompetence) true the work environment is not the best likewise the pay but that is no excuse to take it out on the patients. Who knows if your smile or pleasant disposition could help that sick person heal faster or sooth his pain. This is where your average nigerian doctor tries abit watever stress related issue the doctor is facing(work family personal etc) he/she recognises that the patient deserves upmost care and should not be subjected to abuse from them. All that said nurses deserve respect from all(doctors patients included) plus commiserate pay that matches their work
Re: The Challenges Of Being A Nigerian Nurse by Nobody: 10:59am On Jan 24, 2013
Prettychyna: @ Nuoriah, So you still believe in this your know it all philosophy? SMH4U!talking about incompetence,what do you have to say about a doctor that prescribed IV chloroquine for a patient?or one that prescribed ampiclox 4g qds for a minor infection? Or a HO that said you use izal to treat diabetic foot?what do you have to say about the bunch of incompetent doctors killing patients because they don't want to believe that they don't know it all or don't wanna listen? ,if not for the protocol and law guiding the health care,you will bear with me that most of the nurses and doctors work will overlap.As if we didn't enter the same class with med students for anat,physio,biochem,pharmac. ,we monitor the patient and that is what we write in our nursing process and you work based on the information we give you,well unless you also don't listen to the nurses which is quite unfortunate. My dear,we are also there to catch your mistakes which a good doctor always appreciates The nurse also prevents the incompetent doctors from accidentally killing patients that is why we spend 5years in the university to learn all we know unlike you that spend just 6years learning the work of a doctor,nurse,lab scientist,pharmacist,radiographer,physiotherapist,nutritionist and recently I heard you will start learning traditional medicine(you mentioned earlier you know all that)! So hilarious!!real jack of all trade master of none . If you are a doctor my dear ,stick to that and stop trying to outdo others in their field. As for passing the MBBS, I have seen what they do in school in the name of writing professional exam! Its so painful when our so called medical students sort their way through, this is an exam where the brilliant ones fail while the dunces with little cash cross over. Its only in 9ja that this argument happens
really bitter, and a no brainer arguement...catch which mistakes....duh......sort ur way tru skul...duh...... That doesnt happen in my skul...n if it happens in sme of ds quack skuls..den u knw it would b 2wice mor in oda courses....
Re: The Challenges Of Being A Nigerian Nurse by spicyp(f): 11:05am On Jan 24, 2013
@amacastel u are a bloody liar.....know the truth and say it.ur claiming dat those that studied nursing in the university don't do well in terms of practical na big lie be dat....u and ur low grade fellows dat went to nursing sch are only envy of us(bsc nurses)because our level high pass una own for labour market and u claimed to teach a doctor hw to give injection,given of injection is not a doctors proceedure so even if he doesnt knw hw to do it thrs no big deal with dat
Re: The Challenges Of Being A Nigerian Nurse by lordkpakpando: 11:10am On Jan 24, 2013
Based on gathered information from the horse's mouth " A DUNCE CAN BE A MEDICAL DOCTOR AS LONG AS SHE IS A FEMALE AND OFFERS HER BODY OR HAS MONEY TO SORT THROUGH OUT MEDICAL SCHOOL BUT A DUNCE CANNOT BE A PROFESSIONAL NURSE because ONE OF THEIR EXAM BEFORE GRAUATION IS BEING MARKED BY THEIR PROFESSIONAL BODY OUTSIDE THEIR SCHOOL UNLIKE DOCTORS WHO THEIR SO CALLED M.B.B.S IS BEING MARKED BY THEIR SCHOOL". Some people dont know dat its easier to graduate as a medical doctor than to graduate as a university nurse.
Re: The Challenges Of Being A Nigerian Nurse by MrTumble: 11:20am On Jan 24, 2013

2 Likes

Re: The Challenges Of Being A Nigerian Nurse by Dr9ce(m): 11:49am On Jan 24, 2013
lord kpakpando: Based on gathered information from the horse's mouth " A DUNCE CAN BE A MEDICAL DOCTOR AS LONG AS SHE IS A FEMALE AND OFFERS HER BODY OR HAS MONEY TO SORT THROUGH OUT MEDICAL SCHOOL BUT A DUNCE CANNOT BE A PROFESSIONAL NURSE because ONE OF THEIR EXAM BEFORE GRAUATION IS BEING MARKED BY THEIR PROFESSIONAL BODY OUTSIDE THEIR SCHOOL UNLIKE DOCTORS WHO THEIR SO CALLED M.B.B.S IS BEING MARKED BY THEIR SCHOOL". Some people dont know dat its easier to graduate as a medical doctor than to graduate as a university nurse.
How can you openly display such a high level of intractable ignorance....where does the external examiner(s) come in at d different levels of exam being written in med skul...SMH
Re: The Challenges Of Being A Nigerian Nurse by 5much(m): 12:12pm On Jan 24, 2013
I love Nigerian nurses,especially d beautiful nd intelligent ones.
Re: The Challenges Of Being A Nigerian Nurse by tunaprex: 12:14pm On Jan 24, 2013
I don't know why Nigerian nurses are always comparing themselves with doctors! They want to earn the same salary, they want to have equal authority in the health team, only God knows what else they want. What they've forgotten is dat many of the so called Nigerian nurses went to nursing school because they couldn't pass jamb. Many of those that have a degree are 'wanna-be doctors'. The rigor & length of the training are not the same, yet when they graduate and start working in hospitals, they feel they're the same with doctors and want to earn the same thing. Go to any country, Doctors are the head of the health team, or did they teach u in your nursing schools dat you're goin to be the head of the health team, & doctors are going to be workin under you? Doctors give the orders, nurses carry dem out, nurses, that's the way it is everywhere in the world. I don't get what the OP wants, maybe you guys have to go on strike so that there can be a reversal & you start taking the decisions concerning patients while Doctors carry them out. Lol! the other time, I prescribed a drug for a patient and the nurse came to tell me that she won't administer it cos she has never seen that drug prescribed for that condition. I explained to her & she was still adamant, I was so annoyed I had to ask her whether medical decisions in the hospital will now be taken based on what she has seen or not seen before. Most Nigeria nurses don't read, they have shallow knowledge about everything, even the drugs they administer. So Miss/Mrs OP, you may need to get an MBBS. You can do a direct entry if you already have a university degree in Nursing. But if not, you may have to start your own business. That way, you can become even richer than the consultants in your unit. But don't ever expect an organization to pay you the same salary as dat of a doctor. #chikena...

1 Like

Re: The Challenges Of Being A Nigerian Nurse by JoannaSedley(f): 1:30pm On Jan 24, 2013
^^ one of the ignorant stereotype about nigerian nurses --not passing jamb, you went to the university to study nursing so you can act like doctors etc.
Nurses have been trying to create an awareness for upgrading of nursing and midwifery schools to a degree awarding institution, but now we can see who are the obstacles. It seems doctors are been threatened with the fact that nurses a getting degrees, the same way doctors feel threatened when pharmacy was upgraded, some universities are awarding degrees in community health and community medicine becomes threatened. Why would that be if your are convinced you are head of the team?
Please allow others be and stop sounding too condescending. Uncontrolled Ego is the root of the problem in health sector.
Nobody is usurping the job of others except some doctors who want to be jack of all trade and master of none.

5 Likes

Re: The Challenges Of Being A Nigerian Nurse by Smartiegurl(f): 1:49pm On Jan 24, 2013
KakBala: nice one from u.. I just finished my Bsc. Nursing last year and this whole thing is making me smile.. Well, it has always been like dis between doctors and nurses..
Wow! Gud to hear that becuz am aspiring to be a Nurse. Thats why am in love with this thread, somhow pple's comment here got me thnking like is this really how Doctors treat their nurses? Wel, i care less abt hw they ar gonna treat me cuz i neva became a nurse 4 their sake, am only gonna do ma job as nurse without minding how am treated.

1 Like

Re: The Challenges Of Being A Nigerian Nurse by emmalexabl(m): 2:55pm On Jan 24, 2013
It really baffles me how nurses and some ignorant people are quick to label doctors as being RUDE and ARROGANT.The medical profession is one to be practised with high degree of discipline as human lives is always at stake . I recall managing a patient who later died of overwhelming sepsis courtesy of incompetence, negligence and abandonment of this patient by the matrons/nurses on duty (px diagnosed of severe septicemia yet to get his IV antibiotics after 24hrs) who do nothing but sit down and gossip abt doctors and patients. I did what i ve to do by taking the matter up , reporting the ones involved to the hospital MGT and was tagged ARROGANT/RUDE doc ! I finally decided that if i have to kick/whip some nurse's azz for my patients to get their medications, that i would gladly do and if you call that arrogance, well i will wear it as a badge of honour.
Leon...Next time u hear the paramedics describe docs as arrogant ppl, do ask them to explain better . . .
Re: The Challenges Of Being A Nigerian Nurse by armadeo(m): 3:13pm On Jan 24, 2013
Smartie gurl: Wow! Gud to hear that becuz am aspiring to be a Nurse. Thats why am in love with this thread, somhow pple's comment here got me thnking like is this really how Doctors treat their nurses? Wel, i care less abt hw they ar gonna treat me cuz i neva became a nurse 4 their sake, am only gonna do ma job as nurse without minding how am treated.

And u will be surprised how u are treated. U said " am only gonna do MY JOB as a nurse without minding how am treated. There in lies the key to a succesful nurse do ur job and u'll find pride in it. If a doc gives instructions u r not comfortable with let him/her know the sensible one will either educate u or take correction.
Funny where I am I have never had a clash with anyone in my dept be it nurses. I entered a well structured unit everyone does his job and we all live happily.
For those nurses midwives bsc msc phd etc pls just do ur job and stop chasing shadows.
U can't write ur diagnosis or treatment for a patient the doc does that however u administer the drugs and can note side effects. U are even on ground to say that this drug appears to be better than that as u have noticed in ur patients, DO UR JOB and be proud of it and u'll be surprised the heights u"ll attain.

1 Like

Re: The Challenges Of Being A Nigerian Nurse by donwilz(m): 3:30pm On Jan 24, 2013
I sense a lot of bitterness and acrimony towards doctors here. Someone said here , that it takes longer years to to be a nurse, or something like that... hmm.. the reason why they were called dunces grin grin I was a nursing student for 3 years.. no be nursing school o, but it was at Madonna university. Agreed, the stereotype is a wee lie, but many of them, are not so brilliant. Agreed too that some doctors are arrogant, but they don't compete with nurses. The doctor is the head of the medical team, anywhere in the world! Disregarding that, is tantamount to living in denial of that fact. They are symbiotic professionals . MBBS and Bsc are not on the same class. I respect nurses, but you've got to respect the doctors too. It is way easier to study nursing , when compared to medicine.. Have you nurses asked yourselves, " why are doctors paid far more?"

1 Like

Re: The Challenges Of Being A Nigerian Nurse by Smartiegurl(f): 3:33pm On Jan 24, 2013
armadeo:

And u will be surprised how u are treated. U said " am only gonna do MY JOB as a nurse without minding how am treated. There in lies the key to a succesful nurse do ur job and u'll find pride in it. If a doc gives instructions u r not comfortable with let him/her know the sensible one will either educate u or take correction.
Funny where I am I have never had a clash with anyone in my dept be it nurses. I entered a well structured unit everyone does his job and we all live happily.
For those nurses midwives bsc msc phd etc pls just do ur job and stop chasing shadows.
U can't write ur diagnosis or treatment for a patient the doc does that however u administer the drugs and can note side effects. U are even on ground to say that this drug appears to be better than that as u have noticed in ur patients, DO UR JOB and be proud of it and u'll be surprised the heights u"ll attain.
yeah, you are right. Though most patients might be abusive atimes buh somhow am happy that i ain't the quick to anger type, wil simply wave your insult away with a smile on ma face. And then again, doctors and nurses are meant to work hand in hand if they want save people's life and not talking about who's the boss and who is the slave. If you are a doctor nd you are the bossy/rude type is time you amend ur ways cuz everyone wants to be respected nd vice versa.
Re: The Challenges Of Being A Nigerian Nurse by emmalexabl(m): 4:16pm On Jan 24, 2013
lord kpakpando: Based on gathered information from the horse's mouth " A DUNCE CAN BE A MEDICAL DOCTOR AS LONG AS SHE IS A FEMALE AND OFFERS HER BODY OR HAS MONEY TO SORT THROUGH OUT MEDICAL SCHOOL BUT A DUNCE CANNOT BE A PROFESSIONAL NURSE because ONE OF THEIR EXAM BEFORE GRAUATION IS BEING MARKED BY THEIR PROFESSIONAL BODY OUTSIDE THEIR SCHOOL UNLIKE DOCTORS WHO THEIR SO CALLED M.B.B.S IS BEING MARKED BY THEIR SCHOOL". Some people dont know dat its easier to graduate as a medical doctor than to graduate as a university nurse.
Don't get insulted but is your job devoted to spreading IGNORANCE..??
Now let me educate you nitwit..,
1) There is no basis for such a comparism b/w ur so called nurs cert or whatever you call it to M.B,B.S .
B/c it takes minmum of 6yrs (sometimes upto 12yrs) of hardwork to earn M.B,B.S but for ur nurs cert, 3yrs or less is enough for me to grab it and wipe clean my ass.
2) You said a female DUNCE can easily pass thru med school by sleeping her way thru.
Lol... bet you that professional LovePeddler like you with all ur expertise would still not make it through med school bc you must have died of exhaustion( having slept with nothing less than 50 of them males and females alike) even before you make it past the first MB.
3) You claimd that ur exams are marked by external invigilators, this is untrue bc its same lecturers that still go to mark ur scripts but same can't be said of M.B'B.S exam where you meet external examiners (local/foreign, males/females alike) ,who score you on the spot.
4) The above being true..,and with ur earlier assertions on females sleeping with examiners to pass, then i would say your ur harlotery knows no bound as u(female) would also sleep with the female examiners, as well as their male colleagues to pass. ..
Now u see how mentally sick you are and why a DUNCE like you will never make it through med school.
My 2 cents!!

2 Likes

Re: The Challenges Of Being A Nigerian Nurse by drnoel: 4:44pm On Jan 24, 2013
Prettychyna: @ Nuoriah, So you still believe in this your know it all philosophy? SMH4U!talking about incompetence,what do you have to say about a doctor that prescribed IV chloroquine for a patient?or one that prescribed ampiclox 4g qds for a minor infection? Or a HO that said you use izal to treat diabetic foot?what do you have to say about the bunch of incompetent doctors killing patients because they don't want to believe that they don't know it all or don't wanna listen? ,if not for the protocol and law guiding the health care,you will bear with me that most of the nurses and doctors work will overlap.As if we didn't enter the same class with med students for anat,physio,biochem,pharmac. ,we monitor the patient and that is what we write in our nursing process and you work based on the information we give you,well unless you also don't listen to the nurses which is quite unfortunate. My dear,we are also there to catch your mistakes which a good doctor always appreciates The nurse also prevents the incompetent doctors from accidentally killing patients that is why we spend 5years in the university to learn all we know unlike you that spend just 6years learning the work of a doctor,nurse,lab scientist,pharmacist,radiographer,physiotherapist,nutritionist and recently I heard you will start learning traditional medicine(you mentioned earlier you know all that)! So hilarious!!real jack of all trade master of none . If you are a doctor my dear ,stick to that and stop trying to outdo others in their field. As for passing the MBBS, I have seen what they do in school in the name of writing professional exam! Its so painful when our so called medical students sort their way through, this is an exam where the brilliant ones fail while the dunces with little cash cross over. Its only in 9ja that this argument happens

sorry but u can't base ur arguement on the mistakes of a House Officer (HO). I was one of those HOs who agreed very early in housejob that I didn't know anything and begged the nurses to teach me and they did. Though it took me about 3 months b4 I realized and many mistake along the line while the nurse had a field day laughing at me and smirking all along the way. Anyway, after I learnt, I gained my respect back cos the matrons always came to get me from my other posting to teach new HOs they wanted to help but where finding it difficult.
Re: The Challenges Of Being A Nigerian Nurse by drnoel: 4:48pm On Jan 24, 2013
ojubi: @ Beautiful Onyi, your post just summerised your wrong personality, arrogance, and ignorance. You claime it takes only 3 years to be a nurse, you lied. It takes another 2 years after general nursing to specialise, that is second qualification. Then it takes another 4 years to have a degree, do the maths let see between a doc and a Nurse who spend more years studying. You also claim a child and an untrain person can practice nursing, that is the hight of ignorance.
Finally you exornorated foreign nurses from your insult. That tells me how ignorant you are, because you should know that the west african nursing corriculum is copied directly from the united kingdom.

I have done the maths and I know u are wrong so would ask you directly, How long do u think it take Nigerian Doctors to specialize and how does spending years in nursing compare with how much time doctors have to spend in school. We all know nurses spend lesser time than doctors so what are u getting at?
Re: The Challenges Of Being A Nigerian Nurse by Gracious10: 6:07pm On Jan 24, 2013
Hmmmmm, I have followed this thread and read every single post with relish.

Truth is that no health profession functions without the other, courtesy demands that you treat other health team colleagues with respect.
Nigeria is a Jungle where professionals go about trying to eat each other alive.

Those asking nurses to become doctors, if everyone became a doctor,how can we then function? I love what I do and I don't stop learning. If one piece of information could increase my level of knowledge and help me function better in my field, I go all the way to get it whether you are a doctor, nurse, pharmacist, nutritionist. What matters is that you have gained experience in your area of profession. The continuous bickering is very unnecessary as I have seen doctors who can't even insert an IV neither can they make diagnosis or even know what to assess. I have met ones who are very intelligent and enjoy what they do. There are bad and good ones.

If our professional bodies are doing bad, let's be the change we want to see. No matter how a patient/client offends you, patience is a strong virtue of a nurse. You can never do without that. What bothers me most is the work load of a Nigerian Nurse, it enormous and could affect proper care for clients.

What I was really expecting are those issues that affect care in a nursing setting. The technical, ethical, educational and economic issues affecting the field. How do we handle them and where do we go from here? Change can't come in one day but we can start somewhere. Enough of the bickering. We have some real issues, let's deal with them.

2 Likes

Re: The Challenges Of Being A Nigerian Nurse by nuorlah: 6:08pm On Jan 24, 2013
drnoel:

sorry but u can't base ur arguement on the mistakes of a House Officer (HO). I was one of those HOs who agreed very early in housejob that I didn't know anything and begged the nurses to teach me and they did. Though it took me about 3 months b4 I realized and many mistake along the line with the nurse laughing at me smirking all along the way. Anyway, after I learnt I gained my respect back cos the matrons always came to get me from my other posting to teach new HOs they wanted to help but where finding it difficult.
Med schools in Nigeria should inculcate that in the trainings.

I had learnt to set IV lines and to give IM/Iv injections plus to take vitals since my first yr of medical school. Doctors shouldnt be left at d mercy of nurses after med school. That wouldn't aid d boss status they should naturally take when they start to work.

During my encounter wv d nija doctors I met, I was surprised that they dont have models for learning even at UI which is d premier and supposed to be d best.

A lot of other things like communication skills and how to deal with difficult co workers and patients should be taught.

I have enough swags and confidence(not arrogance) and I am not even a graduate yet, thanks to quality education. I have always wondered what practicing in Nigeria would be like.

Scopes on dealing wv em rude nurses? undecided
Re: The Challenges Of Being A Nigerian Nurse by Dr9ce(m): 7:13pm On Jan 24, 2013
Gracious10: Hmmmmm, I have followed this thread and read every single post with relish.

Truth is that no health profession functions without the other, courtesy demands that you treat other health team colleagues with respect.
Nigeria is a Jungle where professionals go about trying to eat each other alive.

Those asking nurses to become doctors, if everyone became a doctor,how can we then function? I love what I do and I don't stop learning. If one piece of information could increase my level of knowledge and help me function better in my field, I go all the way to get it whether you are a doctor, nurse, pharmacist, nutritionist. What matters is that you have gained experience in your area of profession. The continuous bickering is very unnecessary as I have seen doctors who can't even insert an IV neither can they make diagnosis or even know what to assess. I have met ones who are very intelligent and enjoy what they do. There are bad and good ones.

If our professional bodies are doing bad, let's be the change we want to see. No matter how a patient/client offends you, patience is a strong virtue of a nurse. You can never do without that. What bothers me most is the work load of a Nigerian Nurse, it enormous and could affect proper care for clients.

What I was really expecting are those issues that affect care in a nursing setting. The technical, ethical, educational and economic issues affecting the field. How do we handle them and where do we go from here? Change can't come in one day but we can start somewhere. Enough of the bickering. We have some real issues, let's deal with them.
You have spoken well....if every health care professional thinks and acts like you...i m sure this thread wouldnt have been opened in the first place....i must say that i m impressed....kudos!
Re: The Challenges Of Being A Nigerian Nurse by Dr9ce(m): 7:13pm On Jan 24, 2013
Gracious10: Hmmmmm, I have followed this thread and read every single post with relish.

You have spoken well....if every health care professional thinks and acts like you...i m sure this thread wouldnt have been opened in the first place....i must say that i m impressed....kudos!
Re: The Challenges Of Being A Nigerian Nurse by lordkpakpando: 7:13pm On Jan 24, 2013
Dr9ce:
How can you openly display such a high level of intractable ignorance....where does the external examiner(s) come in at d different levels of exam being written in med skul...SMH
you dat is a doctor as you said should know better becos dis info is from your fellow med doc, but if you choose to be an ignorance ballon you are free to conceal dat fact...
Re: The Challenges Of Being A Nigerian Nurse by lordkpakpando: 7:15pm On Jan 24, 2013
emmalexabl:
1) There is no basis for such a comparism b/w ur so called nurs cert or whatever you call it to M.B,B.S .
B/c it takes minmum of 6yrs (sometimes upto 12yrs) of hardwork to earn M.B,B.S but for ur nurs cert, 3yrs or less is enough for me to grab it and wipe clean my ass.
2) You said a female DUNCE can easily pass thru med school by sleeping her way thru.
Lol... bet you that professional LovePeddler like you with all ur expertise would still not make it through med school bc you must have died of exhaustion( having slept with nothing less than 50 of them males and females alike) even before you make it past the first MB.
3) You claimd that ur exams are marked by external invigilators, this is untrue bc its same lecturers that still go to mark ur scripts but same can't be said of M.B'B.S exam where you meet external examiners (local/foreign, males/females alike) ,who score you on the spot.
4) The above being true..,and with ur earlier assertions on females sleeping with examiners to pass, then i would say your ur harlotery knows no bound as u(female) would also sleep with the female examiners, as well as their male colleagues to pass. ..
Now u see how mentally sick you are and why a DUNCE like you will never make it through med school.
My 2 cents!!
Re: The Challenges Of Being A Nigerian Nurse by lordkpakpando: 7:24pm On Jan 24, 2013
emmalexabl:
My 2 cents!!
no 1. a female dont need to sleep with 5O men as you said, just sleep with the HOD and you will pass, no 2. If you are a male in med skl i will advice you ignorant slowpoke to ask you female colleages how they scale thru their exams. No 3. As you said that mental illness runs in your family i will advice you to visit a psychiatric hospital to check your status. IDIOT
Re: The Challenges Of Being A Nigerian Nurse by jidewin(m): 7:46pm On Jan 24, 2013
Nurses are angels ..Mwah!

1 Like

Re: The Challenges Of Being A Nigerian Nurse by lordkpakpando: 7:54pm On Jan 24, 2013
jidewin: Nurses are angels ..Mwah!
dats d way i see dem.
Re: The Challenges Of Being A Nigerian Nurse by Rimbaldi: 9:34pm On Jan 24, 2013
[quote author=rofemiguwa][/quote]

Blah blah blah! Weak excuses in defence of unproffessionalism. Do you work harder than the bank cashier who still gets loads of insults from customers and still maintains his/her cool without transferring the aggression to the next customer? Mind you they get far less training in PR than you do, yet they are able to implement it better. Doctors/nurses in Nigeria are a bunch of heartless unprofessional cvunts. Tell yourselves the truth, how many people that have ever been brought to your emergency wards in very critcal conditions and you attended to them within 20 mins by administering first aid or whatever? What is professional about you people when your doctors cant even write prescriptions legibly? or when you refuse to disclose whatever medication you are prescribing to a patient? You guys are really lucky you operate in a clime like Nigeria, your asses would have been sued to oblivion with all your blunders. Hey! and for the nurses here complaining about recognition, HND and BSC are degrees but levels dey. You are not doctors, abi una do MBBS? VW beetles and hummer are cars, but difference dey plenty plenty. At least doctors try to mask their own savagery a bit, but nurses, tua!
@op
This issue was laid to rest a while ago and you decided to bring it up again to display your crass ignorance about the inner workings of your own profession. You cant defend the indefensible. If you are one of the 'good guys', then your job should be to apologize on behalf of your grossly incompetent and unsympathetic colleagues, not come here to defend trash. You cant sell ice to Eskimos, we got em plenty!
Re: The Challenges Of Being A Nigerian Nurse by Nobody: 9:43pm On Jan 24, 2013
Abeg, any nurse not happy shud go to Med school, even auxilliary nurse sef dey make noise, mind you, there are different cadres of doctors, most of you here are probably bearing grudges with HOs or MOs...who know their place, when it comes to relating with a consultant. The medical system in Nigeria is in shambles, that's why there is this misconception. you just have to give to Caesar what's Caesar's. Am sure as you grow older in your profession or when you end up marrying a doctor in some cases, or sleeping with a few. you'll understand better
Re: The Challenges Of Being A Nigerian Nurse by emmalexabl(m): 10:27pm On Jan 24, 2013
lord kpakpando: no 1. a female dont need to sleep with 5O men as you said, just sleep with the HOD and you will pass, no 2. If you are a male in med skl i will advice you ignorant slowpoke to ask you female colleages how they scale thru their exams. No 3. As you said that mental illness runs in your family i will advice you to visit a psychiatric hospital to check your status. IDIOT
i ve summarized ur case and not only are u DEMENTED, you also have DIARRHEA of the mouth and CONSTIPATION of facts/ideas and i advice next time,try get your facts right before coming to such a reputable forum like this to showcase your IGNORANCE.
Sorry. . .I'm kind of busy right now, can i ignore you some other time ?

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (Reply)

The Ebola Isolation Centre In Kuje, Abuja (Pictures) / Unidentified Man Dies In A Commercial Bus In Kano (Photos) / Can Ampiclox Be Used To Prevent Pregnancy After Unprotected Sex?

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 120
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.