Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,841 members, 7,810,245 topics. Date: Saturday, 27 April 2024 at 02:00 AM

Aviation Ministry Inaugurates Private-Jet Terminal - Politics (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Aviation Ministry Inaugurates Private-Jet Terminal (6862 Views)

Union Faults Aviation Ministry Merger / President Buhari Meets Aviation Ministry At State House Today / Aviation Ministry Confirms N255m Vehicles Purchase For Oduah (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Aviation Ministry Inaugurates Private-Jet Terminal by manny4life(m): 12:24pm On Jan 22, 2013
Well, private Jet Terminal is a good thing depending on how you see it. They're the one who pay exorbitant fees that lots of airlines do not pay. As someone stated, tax should be slammed on them as well. Their tax should be slight higher than average, if u have money to buy jet, you should have the money for paying up to 10% property tax annually. grin grin grin grin
Re: Aviation Ministry Inaugurates Private-Jet Terminal by bokohalal(m): 12:44pm On Jan 22, 2013
KINGwax: shay na public transport the sultan of kano carry fly out?
Sultan of Kano!
Re: Aviation Ministry Inaugurates Private-Jet Terminal by Tolexander: 1:23pm On Jan 22, 2013
bokohalal:
Sultan of Kano!
ya! Emir of sokoto
Re: Aviation Ministry Inaugurates Private-Jet Terminal by Adurangba(f): 1:34pm On Jan 22, 2013
shevon:

The Sultan of Sokoto was flown out in a private jet to UK on Sunday. Though they didn't mention the owner, he should count for one (at least he reps somehow) Meanwhile, the percentage attributed to them is way down there, so that shouldn't count for much.

Sultan of Sokoto?
Re: Aviation Ministry Inaugurates Private-Jet Terminal by taharqa: 3:20pm On Jan 22, 2013
1forall: A private jet terminal will never be accessed by 95%+ of the population.
Can't my people see that this is not a people oriented development?
They are spending money on themselves and people are commending them tschhew
angry
That is d domestic terminal of d Nnamdi Azikiwe airport, Commercial planes wud use d terminal. Where did u get d idea dat ONLY private airlines wud use it?
Re: Aviation Ministry Inaugurates Private-Jet Terminal by omodapson(m): 4:26pm On Jan 22, 2013
Tolexander: likely percentage of the terminal that will be occupied by each sector!

Religion
Pastors: 90% to 99%
imams: 0.001%
Babalawo/traditionalist: 0.0000000000001 *10^-10(amstrong)%
Business
Telecommunication: 30%
Oil and gas:60%
Banking:9%
others:1%
Sport
Footballers:90%
others :10%
Politics(for now)
PDP:95%
ACN:3%
CPC:2%
Others:1%

who be your mathematics teacher? He/she needs to be flogged seriuosly. grin
Re: Aviation Ministry Inaugurates Private-Jet Terminal by braine(m): 4:40pm On Jan 22, 2013
KINGwax: shay na public transport the sultan of kano carry fly out?

Someone could have volunteered to allow him use theirs.
Re: Aviation Ministry Inaugurates Private-Jet Terminal by Guk: 5:59pm On Jan 22, 2013
Tolexander: The Federal Ministry of Aviation has inaugurated the first-ever private jet terminal at the Nnamdi Azikiwe International Airport.

The brief ceremony according to an online platform, The Citizen, was led by Deputy Senate President Ike Ekweremadu.

The completely remodelled terminal is in line with the Minister of Aviation, Princess Stella Oduah transformation agenda.

Speaking at the inauguration, Ekweremadu said: “This is a ministry which has done everything to appropriate properly, the monies allocated to it. I would like to comment the commend the president for helping us re-engineer the aviation sector.”

In the same vein, the Chairman House Committee on Aviation, Nkiruka Onyiocha dispelled rumours of the House and the Ministry of Aviation being at logger heads.

“We will continue to support you to ensure that the aviation sector will continue to move at this pace. We assure you of our support, and assure Nigerians that with the help of the National Assembly, we wish to see more transformation in other sectors,” she said.

Also present at the ceremony was the Director General of Federal Airports Authority of Nigeria (FAAN), Mr George Uriesi, Director General of Nigerian Civil Aviation Authority (NCAA), Harold Demuren, and the Director General of the Nigerian Airspace Management Agency (NAMA).

Highlighting the achievements of the event, Uriesi said the inaugurated private commercial terminal was the first of such recorded, stating that it opened business opportunities for Nigerians

“The private flight industry has grown the most all around the world, and the commercially important people will be provided these facilities, as also the business opportunities.

“I have no doubt in my mind, that we can be anything we choose to be. With the support we get from you. We will be able to change the passenger service we provide in Nigeria.”

http://www.thisdaylive.com/articles/aviation-ministry-inaugurates-first-private-jet-terminal/137092/

My goodness, these callous people feast on the ignorance and educated illiteracy of Nigerians! sad What is the big deal in this? To justify their corruption? What are they celebrating? Terminals that individuals can build. Are people so ignorant not to know that there are half a dozen of such terminals in Lagos? Aero Contractors has one by GAT it was quite popular in the days of flying Dash-8 planes to Base in PH; Bristow Helicopters has one, those who have flown Bristow to Eket will tell you this by Agege Motor road. Shell has one, those who have flown Shell jet to Warri & PH will tell u. Caverton has 1 by MMIA; There is a Helicopter terminal at former Mogambo gardens @ Jesu Oyingbo in Maryland Lagos; Caverton has Heliport on Ozumba Mbadiwe Rd V.I.

Rubbish thieving people. Your day of reckoning cometh soonest

1 Like

Re: Aviation Ministry Inaugurates Private-Jet Terminal by Tolexander: 6:19pm On Jan 22, 2013
omodapson:

who be your mathematics teacher? He/she needs to be flogged seriuosly. grin
just undastood why solomon needed to ask for undastanding along with wisdom and knowledge.
Re: Aviation Ministry Inaugurates Private-Jet Terminal by PROUDIGBO(m): 6:28pm On Jan 22, 2013
Imagine! Nigeria just got a new terminal at Abuja airport, and there are no freaking pics!

From the little i saw on the news, i wasn't impressed. I don't know why we like constructing public projects on the cheap; with poor finishing, cheap-arsse furnishing, and broke-arsse fixtures and fittings.

Giant of Africa indeed!
Re: Aviation Ministry Inaugurates Private-Jet Terminal by Nobody: 7:42pm On Jan 22, 2013
Guk:

My goodness, these callous people feast on the ignorance and educated illiteracy of Nigerians! sad What is the big deal in this? To justify their corruption? What are they celebrating? Terminals that individuals can build. Are people so ignorant not to know that there are half a dozen of such terminals in Lagos? Aero Contractors has one by GAT it was quite popular in the days of flying Dash-8 planes to Base in PH; Bristow Helicopters has one, those who have flown Bristow to Eket will tell you this by Agege Motor road. Shell has one, those who have flown Shell jet to Warri & PH will tell u. Caverton has 1 by MMIA; There is a Helicopter terminal at former Mogambo gardens @ Jesu Oyingbo in Maryland Lagos; Caverton has Heliport on Ozumba Mbadiwe Rd V.I.

Rubbish thieving people. Your day of reckoning cometh soonest

I tell you this Guk, you is a bad man!

You mean all that fawning and forming nah for nothing?

Re: Aviation Ministry Inaugurates Private-Jet Terminal by 1forall: 8:02pm On Jan 22, 2013
taharqa: That is d domestic terminal of d Nnamdi Azikiwe airport, Commercial planes wud use d terminal. Where did u get d idea dat ONLY private airlines wud use it?

Was there no commercial terminal at the airport before they inaugurated the private jet terminal? As the govt apologist you are it's no surprise you're attempting to twist facts again by saying it's also for commercial planes too.
Private jet configurations are massively different from commercial airliners' thus they can hardly share facilities. Or are you trying to lie that 6-20(max) seater private planes and 80+ seater commercial aircraft will use the same terminal facilities? Abi u tink say everybodi na mumu ni?
Re: Aviation Ministry Inaugurates Private-Jet Terminal by taharqa: 12:05am On Jan 23, 2013
1forall:

Was there no commercial terminal at the airport before they inaugurated the private jet terminal? As the govt apologist you are it's no surprise you're attempting to twist facts again by saying it's also for commercial planes too.
Private jet configurations are massively different from commercial airliners thus they can hardly share facilities. Or are you trying to lie that 6-20(max) seater private planes and 80+ seater commercial aircraft will use the same terminal facilities? Abi u tink say everybodi na mumu ni?

Maybe Na you dey do the MUMU tins na grin grin

It is the GENERAL Aviation Terminal(GAT) of the Domestic wing of Nnamdi Azikiwe Airport Abuja, like the one at MMIA Lagos. It is an Airport terminal, not a Hanger or a Packing Space. LEARN

I am tired of the display of IGNORANCE on this forum, I swear.....
Re: Aviation Ministry Inaugurates Private-Jet Terminal by 1forall: 1:37am On Jan 23, 2013
taharqa: It is the GENERAL Aviation Terminal(GAT) of the Domestic wing of Nnamdi Azikiwe Airport Abuja, like the one at MMIA Lagos. It is an Airport terminal, not a Hanger or a Packing Space. LEARN

I am tired of the display of IGNORANCE on this forum, I swear.....

^ What cheek? You complain of ignorance? cheesy Haha see those words are spelt 'hangar' and 'parking' dolt, apparently you need to do a lot of basic LEARNing yourself (by the way, complaining of ignorance while displaying it doesn't look good on anybody).

I refuse to waste a further second on the subject #okbye cool

(1) (2) (Reply)

Are Culprits Stripped Before Being Jailed In Nigeria? / NA Takes Delivery Of 1000 Polish Beryl M762 7.62mm Rifles. Pix / A Nigerian Governor Declared Mentally Ill.

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 26
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.