Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,609 members, 7,809,232 topics. Date: Friday, 26 April 2024 at 06:12 AM

ChannelsTV Forum On Saving The Police College Suspended! - Politics (3) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / ChannelsTV Forum On Saving The Police College Suspended! (12109 Views)

50 Trainees Share A Fish Head In Police College - Channels Tv / Jonathan In Lagos. Inspects Police College. / Pictures Of The Nigerian Police College, Ikeja (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: ChannelsTV Forum On Saving The Police College Suspended! by Sijo01(f): 1:23pm On Jan 22, 2013
Reyspin: You mean Clarification?? #Justasking

Yes, sir. any other thing
Re: ChannelsTV Forum On Saving The Police College Suspended! by Olaolufred(m): 1:26pm On Jan 22, 2013
Activ8: Isn't the forum a campaign smear against the government? Somebody said that few days ago.

If I came to visit you Activ8,
And during my visit I asked for the use of your toilet,
You led me there, but was amazed at how unhygenic the place is.
I could not use it. But had to tell you as a friend how bad you felt if a friend could be living such an unkept live.

If your wife told you you've got mouth odour, will you still see it as a campaign to smear your home?
Don't be this foolish. Sorry.
Re: ChannelsTV Forum On Saving The Police College Suspended! by nitusa: 1:29pm On Jan 22, 2013
You guys are missing something. In the country I call home, these young police in training would have been immediately relocated to sheralton hotel or air port hotel all in Ikeja or close if I am not wrong until the problem is fixed for them to return back to a descent hostel. That is what I expect the president or the police management to do. Tell you what? go back to the hostel now, the boys are still living in the same predicament now. I hate this!!!!!
Re: ChannelsTV Forum On Saving The Police College Suspended! by horlatunde(m): 1:30pm On Jan 22, 2013
It was pasted here on dis forum dat d presidency queried d authorisation of channels broadcasting d college and that the video was politically motivated, some pple here shouted and called those papers an opposition sponsoring media. Now I think with dis, it tell dat d president is truly furious with d Good job channels TV did and he is nt ready to approve d programme. God Save us.
Re: ChannelsTV Forum On Saving The Police College Suspended! by Olaolufred(m): 1:41pm On Jan 22, 2013
thelastPope: ACN supporters are really making NL funny. Everything for them is our party versus their party. No allegiance to Nigeria. Their only allegiance is to ACN! Every topic is an opportunity to insult the president and campaign for ACN! Imaging if the republican party respnds to every issue by attacking the Dems and Obama. There are issues of politics and issues to be addressed as Nigerians. If Channels TV say they were bullied by the government in 2013, then they are fools that need no sympathy! That is a ridiculous thing to say in todays world. Bullying any news station will only make them popular and endear them to the world. It beats me when I see the level of ignorance and partisan politics on this forum! SMH! Nigerians are the losers for it!

Thelastpope.
Do not politicize this issue.
Police are on road and stations to protect Nigerians.
Goodluck is the president of which country?
How will you say whatever a Nigerian says is because he is a member of a political party.
Will your 4 year old son be turned to a party loyalist for telling you the road in your street are muddy?
THE REALITY IS THAT THE EXPOSURE BY CHANNELS IS GOOD JOURNALISM.
PLS, NO MATTER WHICH PARTY, EXPOSE THINGS LIKE THIS SO THAT NIGERIA CAN BE BETTER.
To keep politicising everything is the reason nigerian youths are been promised 50 years to come,
When they would have been older than age.
Pls, let us not keep on decieving ourselves, when we know they are already decieving us.
I am a Nigerian youth.
I desire a change.
If you do. let us see things from the angle that will make Nigeria better.
Thanks.
Re: ChannelsTV Forum On Saving The Police College Suspended! by nlofficial(m): 1:58pm On Jan 22, 2013
[size=20pt]We are compressed, suppressed, oppressed in this country. Only rapture will save us.[/size]
Re: ChannelsTV Forum On Saving The Police College Suspended! by klear(f): 2:16pm On Jan 22, 2013
FOI bill my a$$. When power jam power, lesser power will bow. As if they will allow them to go ahead & expose more of their shortcomings
Re: ChannelsTV Forum On Saving The Police College Suspended! by Gbawe: 2:17pm On Jan 22, 2013
It is sad that Nigerians have become a people who have to experience the very worst of conditions before they embrace change. When some of us have been clamoring for State police for a while, many came out with ridiculous excuses. Now I see comments on NL in support of State police from posters who previously opposed the idea simply because they have now seen the awful and dehumanizing conditions our police officers have been condemned to by the Federal Government.

Without beating around the bush, the FG completely controls the NPF. The FG is singularly responsible for the appalling Channel pictures we all saw. In the last 14 years, under three PDP President, the NPF has gotten worse. The words of the current President shows there is no hope. Instead of him to be contrite, if a true leaders who takes responsibility, he is egotistically linking the Channel exposure to efforts aimed at discrediting his Government. This is the gradualist charlatan leading Nigeria.

Everything happening to Nigeria is the fault of Nigerians 100%. Such is displayed on this thread with some still trying to hold brief for the President and FG by politicising/obfuscating very simple issues. When GEJ chose to see the Channel report as an attempt to rubbish his government rather than a call to urgent action, it was always obvious what we are seeing now will happen and that the usual suspect here will begin their impotent defense of the Government. They assume gullible Nairalanders always swallow up their 'spin' no matter the number of times such antics have been seen from this shameless and deceptive government. The same played out with the Ribadu report whereby many unpatriotic charlatans, devoted to individuals above nation, came here, even insulting others in the process, to argue that the Petroleum task force report was merely 'postponed'. Yet we know better today.

All Nigerians, whatever their affiliation, should be united against the shenanigans of this shameless and clueless government. No Nation succeeds via toying with its police force, starving it of funds and treating it members worse than animals kept in the worst and most foul zoo. This is what the PDP has done to our Police officers for the past 14 years and counting. They are the reason our officers are not dignified, fulfilled, motivated or even interested in doing their job properly. This is why State Police is inevitable.
Re: ChannelsTV Forum On Saving The Police College Suspended! by banki(m): 2:22pm On Jan 22, 2013
thelastPope: ACN supporters are really making NL funny. Everything for them is our party versus their party. No allegiance to Nigeria. Their only allegiance is to ACN! Every topic is an opportunity to insult the president and campaign for ACN! Imaging if the republican party respnds to every issue by attacking the Dems and Obama. There are issues of politics and issues to be addressed as Nigerians. If Channels TV say they were bullied by the government in 2013, then they are fools that need no sympathy! That is a ridiculous thing to say in todays world. Bullying any news station will only make them popular and endear them to the world. It beats me when I see the level of ignorance and partisan politics on this forum! SMH! Nigerians are the losers for it!

what has acn or pdp or cpc have to do with this thread.....
Re: ChannelsTV Forum On Saving The Police College Suspended! by wobintin: 3:18pm On Jan 22, 2013
FOI Bill ko FOC ni! I dey laugh grin grin grin ooo
Re: ChannelsTV Forum On Saving The Police College Suspended! by Nobody: 3:28pm On Jan 22, 2013
Yomieluv: I have said it before,and I will say it again,PDP has been a cancer to Nigerians,they have resulted to arm-twisting to kill the forum,cos they know that the outcome would be embarrassing to them. GEJ is only pretending,nothing would come out of his visit,he's only trying to form"caring"

Fashola of ACN has barred all commissioners and civil servants in his state from speaking to the media
What is the difference?
They are all bullies
Stop pointing fingers and if you do don't be selective.
ACN or any others would have done the exact same thing or worse
Re: ChannelsTV Forum On Saving The Police College Suspended! by banki(m): 4:30pm On Jan 22, 2013
thelastPope:

Honestly, there are some issues I find difficult to comment on. If Channels TV truly cancels a project like this because of FG bullying, then they are fools and useless! Simple as that! This is 2013! Anyone comparing it to Dokpesi issue is just funny. FG issue with Dokpesi had nothing to do with AIT broadcast. It was purely a different matter. Dokpesi was campaign manager for IBB. I need not say more. AIT is not even an anti government station per se. They make a lot of their monies from government stuff.
So let's forget the beer palour talk. Channels TV cannot be bullied to stop anything. Like some suggested, maybe the police involvement has change and that is totally expected. Believe me when I say, no police official will want to be the one to come on TV and comment on this issue now as it stands.

so what has acn and pdp got to do with it
Re: ChannelsTV Forum On Saving The Police College Suspended! by ypzilanti: 5:02pm On Jan 22, 2013
The Channels report and the panic attack it has generated in government circles shows that the press has not been doing a good job. We do not have investigative reports like they have in the west. There is rot everywhere that the press can expose and put the government to its toes, but they soft pedal because of the owner's relationship with politicians. Take for instance the rot in ABA or Warri. If one television state television station highlights it, you can imagine that the governors will be forced to sit up. What about the ports? Apapa road? Enugu-PH road? East-west road? It's only on social media that citizen journalists document these things.
Re: ChannelsTV Forum On Saving The Police College Suspended! by MAYOWAAK: 9:48pm On Jan 22, 2013
For God's sake how would any leader (except serenaded by spin-doctors and professional sycophants) claim that the graphic presentation of the situation in the Police College is a smear campaign to rubbish the image of his government? Beats my imagination. For me this is the ultimate gaffe. Leadership is about responsibility not shifting blames. We all saw the pictures and the video images. So the opposition destroyed the infrastructure? How about the N700million voted for the upgrading of this college and others in 2009? The opposition also took that? How about the beds without mattresses you saw on your visit? Perhaps the enemies removed them! Mr President, as sincere Nigerians who have no other country to run to, please credit us with some intelligence. Nigerians who tell you the truth that the professional sycophants would shield from you are actually your best friends. From Mr President's statement I can deduce that this noise will die down and nothing will be done by government. Just like the many probes and panels and committees and their reports have found a home in the archives.
Re: ChannelsTV Forum On Saving The Police College Suspended! by MAYOWAAK: 9:48pm On Jan 22, 2013
For God's sake how would any leader (except serenaded by spin-doctors and professional sycophants) claim that the graphic presentation of the situation in the Police College is a smear campaign to rubbish the image of his government? Beats my imagination. For me this is the ultimate gaffe. Leadership is about responsibility not shifting blames. We all saw the pictures and the video images. So the opposition destroyed the infrastructure? How about the N700million voted for the upgrading of this college and others in 2009? The opposition also took that? How about the beds without mattresses you saw on your visit? Perhaps the enemies removed them! Mr President, as sincere Nigerians who have no other country to run to, please credit us with some intelligence. Nigerians who tell you the truth that the professional sycophants would shield from you are actually your best friends. From Mr President's statement I can deduce that this noise will die down and nothing will be done by government. Just like the many probes and panels and committees and their reports have found a home in the archives.
Re: ChannelsTV Forum On Saving The Police College Suspended! by Temi94(m): 6:45am On Jan 23, 2013
chosen04:

Do you want to know how he treats people who are not better than the ''common criminals?''
I know but note this; d criminals will surely comes ur way very soon. U this criminal minded
Re: ChannelsTV Forum On Saving The Police College Suspended! by Temi94(m): 6:51am On Jan 23, 2013
chosen04:

Do you want to know how he treats people who are not better than the ''common criminals?''
Take this or live it, the criminals are coming ur way soonest. U this criminal minded asshole.
Re: ChannelsTV Forum On Saving The Police College Suspended! by Hyginus01: 2:10pm On Jan 23, 2013
The truth is that we have a long way to go in curbing corruption as a nation unless we start with "self".
Re: ChannelsTV Forum On Saving The Police College Suspended! by Abbeyme: 1:45am On Apr 04, 2013
Anybody hear anything about this Police College Forum again? When I said the thing is suspended, some say na postponement, okay o. We dey wait!
Re: ChannelsTV Forum On Saving The Police College Suspended! by Demdem(m): 6:54am On Apr 04, 2013
^
It seems to have entered voice mail. The retardeen govt surely bullied John Momoh to submission. Free press indeed.
Long live Saharareporters.
Re: ChannelsTV Forum On Saving The Police College Suspended! by taharqa: 2:45pm On Apr 04, 2013
Demdem: ^
It seems to have entered voice mail. The retardeen govt surely bullied John Momoh to submission. Free press indeed.
Long live Saharareporters.
MuMu-ish, that Channels Forum was MAINLY meant to raise Funds from Private hands in order to fix d college. That was what sm persons hv bn trying to get into yr THICK skull, all to no avail. The Govt didn't want any help from any person to fix d place; she is already doing so herself
Re: ChannelsTV Forum On Saving The Police College Suspended! by taharqa: 2:49pm On Apr 04, 2013
Yomieluv: I have said it before,and I will say it again,PDP has been a cancer to Nigerians,they have resulted to arm-twisting to kill the forum,cos they know that the outcome would be embarrassing to them. GEJ is only pretending,nothing would come out of his visit,he's only trying to form"caring"
You ought to bury yr Head in DEEP SHAME now, if you had any honour that is
Re: ChannelsTV Forum On Saving The Police College Suspended! by Demdem(m): 5:50pm On Apr 04, 2013
taharqa: MuMu-ish, that Channels Forum was MAINLY meant to raise Funds from Private hands in order to fix d college. That was what sm persons hv bn trying to get into yr THICK skull, all to no avail. The Govt didn't want any help from any person to fix d place; she is already doing so herself

Fool, bottom line is its not holding again. How does that differ from my post u qouted? Besides, the retardeen had to wait to be disgraced before work commences.
Again I state that u are really daft.
Re: ChannelsTV Forum On Saving The Police College Suspended! by taharqa: 6:00pm On Apr 05, 2013
Demdem:

Fool, bottom line is its not holding again. How does that differ from my post u qouted? Besides, the retardeen had to wait to be disgraced before work commences.
Again I state that u are really daft.
IMPE.CILE, it is not holding again cos there is no reason for it. The Govt is fixing its Own College; it does not want nor needs Private hands to do so
Re: ChannelsTV Forum On Saving The Police College Suspended! by Demdem(m): 11:22pm On Apr 05, 2013
taharqa: IMPE.CILE, it is not holding again cos there is no reason for it. The Govt is fixing its Own College; it does not want nor needs Private hands to do so

Fool, private individuals and even companies still build and fund the police force. Just yesterday, a company in my neighbourood built a new police post for the community. Probably the retardeen refuse to tell them not to.

Get this to ur dumb skull bastard, private hands and organization are still in the business of assisting the police. If the retardeen was not put to shame, the program might have held.

Again I reinstate that the program was put off because Momoh was bullied as against the press release of channels immediately it was suspended.
All courtesy free press. grin
Re: ChannelsTV Forum On Saving The Police College Suspended! by Abbeyme: 9:31pm On Apr 07, 2013
Maybe someone needs to know how many patrol vehicles and bullet-proof vests that banks have been purchasing for the use of Police Force in Nigeria. At least we see them on the road. I am not talking about policemen on specie movement, but regular police patrol being funded by private companies through their Corpoate Social Responsibility. But in terms of ChannelsTV performing its CSR - it becomes unbearable for the 'oga at the top'
Re: ChannelsTV Forum On Saving The Police College Suspended! by Demdem(m): 6:44am On Apr 08, 2013
Abbeyme: Maybe someone needs to know how many patrol vehicles and bullet-proof vests that banks have been purchasing for the use of Police Force in Nigeria. At least we see them on the road. I am not talking about policemen on specie movement, but regular police patrol being funded by private companies through their Corpoate Social Responsibility. But in terms of ChannelsTV performing its CSR - it becomes unbearable for the 'oga at the top'

U dey mind the fool, in his daft state, private citizens and cooperate bodies do not fund the Nigerian police in whatever capacity. What an iidiot.

(1) (2) (3) (Reply)

21 Terrorists Killed As Boko Haram, ISWAP Fighters Clash Again In Borno / Akeredolu, Adebayo Head Reconciliation Teams For Tinubu / Imo Guber: I Will Not Step Down For Anyone- Nwulu

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 63
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.