Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,155,899 members, 7,828,166 topics. Date: Wednesday, 15 May 2024 at 04:11 AM

BRT - Be On Your Guard If You're Close To The Window - 22/01/2013 - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / BRT - Be On Your Guard If You're Close To The Window - 22/01/2013 (673 Views)

Troops Demolish Boko Haram Guard Post In Sambisa, Kill Insurgents [PHO / Ambode's Monitoring Team Arrest Cars Plying BRT Lane (Photos) / El-rufai To Critics : GO AND DIE If You're Not Happy Over My Appointees (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply)

BRT - Be On Your Guard If You're Close To The Window - 22/01/2013 by GlorifiedTunde(m): 12:38pm On Jan 22, 2013
Yes! Crazy things happen in Lagos, its a norm already. Everyday I see the oddities of life present itself while going to work, but today's was quite different and unusual; at least to me I had never experienced it before.
I boarded a BRT bus heading for CMS from Mile2 today. Just as we passed Orile (Around the Trailer Park) we encountered a little hold up. While I was anxiously checking my watch to be sure I won't be late for work, a shout came from the seat directly behind me, "Haaaa! My Phone My! Phone! HE SNATCHED MY PHONE!". Okay, just another devil doing the norm, but then its different this time around- She's in a BRT bus!
The lady was seated by the window on the row before the last in the bus, that row is actually more susceptible to the devil's deeds because the seat is as high as the window from the inside; one could easily leap and pick anything directly from that seat without much stress unlike the other seats which seem high enough.
She was just picking a call on her BB and didn't notice the evil one prowling or maybe she thought no one would dare that to a BRT passenger; the young light-skinned man in a red checkered shirt slapped the phone off her hands and tossed it unto himself and ... dashed away? NO! He walked majestically, strolling into a nearby thick bush behind some big company walls.
At first the ambiance chose pity until anger strolled in. Every man in the bus went berserk and told the driver to stop and open the doors. Immediately, the host of valour dashed off the bus and unto the other side of the divide and almost immediately into the bush. What got everyone angry was the effrontery this rascal presented - most of them know they won't be chased because they have their cohorts around as well as their hideouts.
Everyone forgot whatever important thing/place they were headed for and joined in the solidarity search, even the bus driver who left the engine running while the search went on.
After about 30 minutes of search, only a few of us were bold enough to venture the very thick large bush (actually I wasn't part of them wink, my dressing mustn't get messed up or I get queried); there were moments they saw his (the thief) movement but he certainly knew the terrain than anyone else. At the end of it all, he remained in the bush but no one could get him as only very few entered the bush, there was no security operatives around to help shoot in the air, I'm sure he would have come out scared - the only police man who was around said "make una dey throw stones, e go commot". I'm sure you wouldn't expect us to crave for his help.
After a while, he couldn't be found and everyone had to face reality, even the lady was thankful for the concern and response that not too many victims could boast of - so we had to leave.
This is just for us to know that even in BRT buses, we need be on guard, especially if you're sitting close to the window - the long evil hands may prevail.
I was particularly enthralled by the move of the people, the thief must have thought his time was up while he was running around in the thick bush; he didn't see it coming! If only we had spared a little more time, we would have caught him. Wait! why am I saying "we" when it was actually "they"? Anyways, it just wasn't my James Bond Day sad

(1) (Reply)

Know Your Neigbours: Fashola Urges Lagosians To Stop Drinking Free Beer / Stephen Keshi Receives His Range Rover And Toyota Camry From Glo / Nigeria Now Refines 10.2mn Litres Of Petrol Locally

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 15
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.